1359 Lincoln Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienabistro.com/
- Phone: 4082710837
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish
- Executive Chef: David Wiesner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The patio(weather permitting) is available for private parties. Groups of up to 20 or up to 50 can be accommodated. The indoor restaurant can be rented out for groups of up to 20 or up to 45.
- Private Party Contact: David Wiesner 4082710837
A word from Siena Bistro
Siena Bistro is an intimate restaurant hidden behind Lincoln Avenue in downtown Willow Glen where you can dine with good friends or have a romantic evening. Enjoy the lovely patio for al fresco dining. Due to the location, Siena bistro is a "secret" to some people, but those who find it say it's like stepping into another world. A wide selection of salads, and pastas are offered with delicate, yet mouth watering flavors. Our friendly staff will help you decide between house favorites such as our fresh salmon, sole almandine or beef bourguignon. Well researched California and Mediterranean wines, are the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Brioche Bread Pudding, Lemoncello Tiramisu or any of our house-made desserts would be a perfect ending to your dining experience.Continued
We hope to see you whether it is your first visit or you are one of our many regulars!
We hope to see you whether it is your first visit or you are one of our many regulars!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena Bistro - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Siena Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)great for outdoor dining (46)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (25)romantic (15)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014Have not been here in a couple years. My neighbor suggested it and commented on the crab sandwich. I took a friend and requested the crab sandwich (not on the menu) and they could make it for us. It was great. My friend and I talked for 3 hrs! We were attend to but left alone. Was a great gift to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day successmamasfirstDined on 5/11/2014Definitely a special first mother's day brunch. Everything went off without a hitch from the bottomless mimosas to the eggs benedicts. They pre-fixed menu was a little lean, but was sufficient for the 6 people we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and popular restaurantwonderingoutloudDined on 5/9/2014The food was interesting and well prepared. The service was excellent. A little quirky to exist off the parking lot behind the buildings (you cannot enter from Lincoln) but once inside it is a rather intimate atmosphere though it can get fairly noisy.Special Features:
- Dinner with Dad & JudyfoodandfunDined on 5/9/2014It was great place to enjoy a meal on my dad and Judy's visit. Nice atmosphere. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dave has done it againMondyVIPDined on 5/8/2014The menu has been upgraded and many new items added. I still had to have my favorite beet salad which is amazing. The Tuscan bean soup was great as was the duck confit ragu. I will need to return soon to try the new Rabbit dish. Always great coffee and the tiramisu was very good. I also noted new additions to the wine list.Special Features:
- Nice Outdoor LunchSpikermikeVIPDined on 5/7/2014Enjoyed the lunch and the outdoor patio. Food was very good and the waiters were friendly.Special Features:
- hidden gemskiersDined on 4/29/2014Discovered Siena a few years ago. Going back often. Never had bad food there, great service and everyone is super friendly. One of our favorite place in Willow Glen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful tastey food!VickyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Wow! It's so refreshing to find a restaurant that uses spices in addition to fresh ingredients to create wonderful dishes with flavor. We had the crab cakes that were served on fresh avocado slices in a gazpacho and chili sauce. Then we shared the Beet Salad that used sliced beets with feta stacked and sliced together to deliver the perfect balance of beets and cheese in a bed of fresh lettuces. The shrimp skewers were spiced and grilled with cara cara oranges and vegetables. The oranges provided a wonderful sweet, citrus flavor that wasn't overly acidic. The Sole Almandine was cooked perfectly and the sauce amazing as well. If you haven't been to this restaurant before, you'll find it to be a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambianceLuckyDined on 4/12/2014The lack of variety of items with a general entree was marginal. No veggies etc. Simply bland.
- Willow Glen's Best Kept SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014I am sure its been called that many times. I love Siena. The only thing is my salmon was very dry. I guess overcooked but I loved it anyways. I always go there on special occasions and love the Chef. The bread pudding - amazing. that's all. My guests were impressed as usual. I am a realtor and I take my clients there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationAnneDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner celebrating his birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willow Glen GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014A wonderful dining experience in an inviting atmoshpere, Siena Bistro delivers with both its food and drink offerings as well as its service. Our dinners, wine and desserts were all top notch, only to be matched by the attentive and courteous members of the team. It was clear that they were not just serving food, but creating an experience for their customers.Special Features:
- Decent patio, but food was lackingvbabbottVIPDined on 3/22/2014Went on a Saturday night. Weather was nice and wanted to enjoy a good patio. The ambiance of this place is good for outside dining. However the menu (wine and food) is limited. We got the crab cakes and cheesy bread as appetizers. They were both good. My husband ordered the angry pasta and I ordered the New York strip. His pasta wasn't anything to write home about. If my steak hadn't had a sauce covering it, it would have tasted soley of char. I wasn't good at all. Over priced for what you get. We won't go back.Special Features:
- First time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Thought it was very quaint. A little noisy at times but I had a great dining experience. Sole Almandine was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a little noisytbdrewDined on 3/20/2014The food was wonderful, perfectly cooked and delicious, but the dining room is a bit too noisy and cramped for a romantic dinner or a good conversation.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL REUNIONCaroleDined on 3/19/20146 of us reunited at Siena Bistro. Our waitress was delightful, took photos of the group for us. The food was fantastic. Crab sandwiches with fresh fruit. The chef does not bury the crab with mayonnaise. A GREAT EXPERIENCE!Special Features:
- We had a good time, but notSylviaVIPDined on 3/15/2014We had a good time, but not fabulous. The service was friendly but a little slow. Our friends split a beet salad which they thought was great. We had to ask a few times for a water refill.Special Features:
- Delicious pastas.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014Perfect little restaurant, great food and fun friendly environment.Special Features:
- Very niceHeathVIPDined on 3/13/2014Had lunch there with a girlfriends the other day. We had a fabulous lunch. Great wine selection too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant patioJaniceDined on 3/8/2014The food is good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Indoors can feel a bit gloomy, but the patio is a great place to sit on a nice day. There are heaters if the breeze is chilly, and adjustable shades to keep the sun off. The staff is very accomodating. A nice neighborhood cafe.Special Features:
- Swordfish Special Amazing!DougFDined on 3/7/2014The swordfish special was outstanding, thank you DavidSpecial Features:
- You Cannot Miss at Siena BistroWallaceDined on 3/4/2014Food is excellent and the menu changes so there is always something new and delicious to try. Service is spot on, very friendly and accommodating. Local and a great place to showcase excellent dining in San Jose.Special Features:
- Update neededOldFan2014Dined on 3/4/2014Habit, the wait staff and the patio propel us to Siena Bistro. The menu is in desperate need of an update. It has become boring to the nth degree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a group of ladies had a wonderfulshopDined on 3/4/2014a group of ladies had a wonderful b-day lunch together. Very relaxing and enjoyable time. the service was great, no rushing us along. several of us had there crab sandwich with the chicken curry salad on the side. excellent! would go there again for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great Neigborhood bistrojimdbDined on 2/27/2014Good menu, a bit more to choose from for lunch since the last time I was there. Had the Pear and Gorgonzola flat bread for an appetizer, very tasty! I was there for lunch with friends. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We had bun less burgers, eggplant parmigiana, and a scallop salad. For dessert we shared a creme brulee (it was OK) and the chocolate lava cake with vanilla bean gelato, yummy!Special Features:
- Consistently the best food in townDougFDined on 2/20/2014I get something different every time I'm here, and it is always great. But we go every week because of the staff and owner / chef. This is the best restaurant in Willow GlenSpecial Features:
- Yummy and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/18/2014We love Siena Bistro. Always good food and great service! We decided at the last moment to take a friend here and booked a reservation through Open Table. We showed up early and were seated right away. All the food was great and we had a wonderful time! Service was great too! What more can I say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midweek lunchGinnyDined on 2/18/2014Nice varied menu. Wine prices seemed high. Outdoor seating looked nice, but was too chilly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined early on a Sat nightMooberDined on 2/15/2014We dined early on a Sat night so the restaurant was very quiet. We sat outside on the patio which was very quaint and they had heaters to keep us warm. We had the shrimp skewers and the sole almondine which most diners raved about, but I found it to be just OK, nothing special. The olives which they served when we first sat down were delicious.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's Day dinner with fDougFDined on 2/14/2014Outstanding dinners and experience with two good friends on Valentine's Day, and it didn't break the bank. Great specials offered in addition to the regular menu. Excellent staff and service. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb tastes, simple, elegant,dukfarmerDined on 2/12/2014We had Angry Pasta (excellent, very filling, medium spicy, al dante pasta). Also ordered the sole, which was a large filet, crusted very lightly, seasoned just enough to accent the fish - not overpower it, lightly pan seared, very tender and moist, and not a single over-cooked portion - and literally served within seconds out the pan -- -- hot! The chef (and more?) came out and talked with us for a short while. Friendly, casual. simple decor - slightly elegant, not fancy. No big screen over the wine bar, which would have ruined the simple ambiance. Great food, casual. Outdoor seating is nice. I recommend getting there a little on the early side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHawkesDined on 2/12/2014We chose Siena Bistro for our 14th anniversary. I would say the best part of the evening was when we sat down and my husband realized he forgot his reading glasses. A few minutes later one of the servers brought out a basket of reading glasses. We started out with the crab cakes with avocado and gazpacho. It was fantastic. The crab cakes were moist and flaky. The addition of the avocado and gazpacho was brilliant. For our entrees I had the dijon crusted salmon and he had the new york steak. The salmon was cooked perfectly. My husbands steak was perfectly cooked. And I must congratulate them..they got my husband to eat cooked cauliflower! For dessert we had the chocolate cake with sea salt gelato. It was the perfect ending!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SienaDET9Dined on 2/12/2014Food, ambience and service is always the best. I highly recommend Siena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gathering with friendsLulyDined on 2/1/2014We have dinned at Siena Bistro on several occasions, always have had wonderful dinners and excellent service. Everyone is friendly and out going. On most of our visits you will find the chef come around to your tables and chat. We had dinner with another couple who we introduced to Siena Bistro to for the first time and they we very impressed as well. We all recommend leaving room for dessert and trying the apple bread pudding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A somewhat hidden treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014Wonderful place for a quiet evening - good food, great service, not pretentious. The outdoor dining looked inviting for a next visit on a warner night. The entrance is behind Lincoln Street - just a few steps around the block. Definitely a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but not enough to repeatnicoDined on 1/29/2014Price: Really good. We did the Wednesday special 2 starters + 2 entrees + 1 bottle of wine for $55. Ambience: Inside the tables were too close together and it was a bit noisy and bright for the romantic dinner I was looking for. The outside seemed more private and romantic but it was cold to dine outside. Food: not of our liking. I had the Sole and my fiance the egg plant.... both where plain and uninteresting. The creme brulee for desert was OK. Service: OK I thought the price including wine was excellent but unfortunately it will not get us going again. Maybe other dishes were better but it was not enthusiastic to hear those were 2 of the most popular ones.
- great hidden placevdg2Dined on 1/29/2014Do not get fooled by the GPS which takes on Lincoln Avenue where you will go crazy since you can't see the restaurant where the GPS points at. The entrance is through the Minnesota Avenue. But it was definitely worth it. The food was excellent. The dinner for two is a great deal!
- Great LunchHRockVIPDined on 1/28/2014The food is always very good! The waiters are very nice and on top of things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotCharlieDined on 1/24/2014Great food, fun chef. Hidden location in downtown Willow Glen. Worth seeking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Just okay serviceFalconVIPDined on 1/24/2014We waited over a half hour for our entrée, while other customers who came in after us were served before us.Special Features: