12 East 31st Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://juninyc.com/
- Phone: 212-995-8599x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shaun Hergatt
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Juni
Juni is Chef Shaun Hergatt’s boutique restaurant celebrating the height of the season, within Manhattan’s Hotel Chandler [12 East 31st Street]. An intimate affair between the guest and the chef, the 50-seat restaurant offers a seasonally evolving menu showcasing the bounty of the harvest and ingredients when they are at their freshest and finest. Juni derives its name from the Latin word for “June,” the heart of the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Juni reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (130)special occasion (112)romantic (89)notable wine list (50)neighborhood gem (46)great for lunch (34)hot spot (14)good for groups (9)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Chef Shaun Hergat hasn't missedMandBVIPDined on 9/21/2013Chef Shaun Hergat hasn't missed a beat from SHO to Juni. The food was comparable to his 2-Michelin star SHO and presentations perhaps even more artistically beautiful. Service was impeccable and showed Chef Hergat's demand for perfection. We were pleased to see familiar faces, Jason (wine), Juan (table service). Our disappointment was the space itself. While SHO was a beautiful space Juni is disjointed. We were disappointed in the lack of cohesiveness and informality (no tablecloths). Whereas SHO had a great view of the kitchen Juni has a view of hotel patrons dragging luggage through the lobby and peering into the restaurant. Despite the "Jackets Preferred" policy the diner across from us was wearing a day-glo tee shirt and sneakers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discreet hidden endeavorblueiguanaVIPDined on 9/21/2013Juni tries hard to deliver a toptier dining experience but in an unexpected part of NYC. Fantastic service. Delicious food but a little too fancified for our taste, but creative and beautifully-presented (did you really want an actual cockscomb served with your chicken dinner?). Beautiful room - only complaint was the noticeable loud noise whenever the a/c kicked in. Interesting cocktail list - love the icebars instead of ice-cubes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oy! Oy! Oy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/20/2013Wow! I can't believe I blew off going to SHO... Don't make a similar mistake, this Aussie chef has some major skills and articulates himself in a very individual way. IMHO, the best defy classification, and this dude fits that bill. Everything was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Elegant new restaurantSavvyVIPDined on 9/18/2013It opened last month in boutique hotel on 31st st. It is a lovely setting and quiet venue to enjoy excellent price fixe ( $30. or $35. For 2 or 3 course) business or social lunch. There were 3 choices of appetizers as well as 3 entree selections with one of each being vegetarian. We enjoyed the delicious salmon and the pork tenderloin and the desserts were amazing--unusual and delicious ( such as corn gelato and beets that tasted like candy with gelato as well. )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food excellent, service goodthreecrayonsVIPDined on 9/17/2013food is spectacular. thoughtful combinations of flavors, crunch and momentum. service needs polish for a restaurant of this caliber. sometimes I feel if I don't order wine during lunch they look disappointed. but the food is spectacular, and these VERY minor issues should not deter anyone from going.Special Features:
- Best dining experience!aisunDined on 9/14/2013Dining at Juni is not just about the food, it's about having a great dining experience. The food is exceptionally flavorful and beautifully presented. It is of course matched only by the noteworthy service. Well worth the splurge, and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at JuniPhiWDined on 9/13/2013We would highly recommend this fine dining restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!Luv2dineDined on 9/12/2013The food at Juni is amazing and the service is impeccable. Will def go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Waiting ForOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2013Chef Hergatt was absent from the NYC restaurant scene for a while. He has returned with a bang at Juni. The food is superb, the waitstaff excellent and the room elegant and blissfully quiet. Juni is a wonderful addition to the NYC restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Ever-growing Fan clubGastrognomeVIPDined on 9/12/2013I introduced several gentlemen to this fine restaurant for lunch and they will all be back for more and with more -- that speaks for itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch deal in townOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/11/2013Dinner was truly impressive, but its three-course lunch for $35 is also the best deal in town!Special Features:
- The best!NorfolkEatsDined on 9/10/2013Eating at Juni is an outstanding experience. The restaurant is beautiful. The service is exceptional and friendly. The cocktails are delicious. Above all, the food is exciting, unusual, beautifully crafted - a joy to both look at and eat. We were there for lunch - a great way to enjoy it at a lower price point than dinner. Very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gold StandardKipsbayerVIPDined on 9/7/2013Absolutely fabulous. 3 of my guests were vegan and we had informed staff of this before we arrived. When we arrived the chef visited our table explaining what he would prepare. The food presentation was beautiful and, according to my guests, longtime vegans, the best they had ever eaten. Chef returned to our table and while accepting our praise, made it clear that his job was to present wonderful food to his guests, whatever their dietary needs. My non-vegan meal was similarly delicious. This new restaurant is clearly the gold standardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserve Now Before It Blows UpOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2013A very pleasant experience dining at Juni with my husband Friday night. Loved the elegant yet intimate decor and soothing colors and lighting. The ambience was inviting and warm. Service was very attentive without being fussy. The beautifully-presented food was secondary only to taste. We had the 4 course tasting, which was just the right amount of food and a good way to sample the menu between the two of us. Every dish we ordered was excellent, but our two favorites were the Tuscan Kale Soup (amazing flavor bomb!) and Purple Artichoke Ravioli (earthy and deep, yet surprising light). The highlight of the evening was when Chef Shaun Hergatt personally came to chat with us at our table. Wishing Juni much success. We'll certainly be back!Special Features:
- Welcome to Midtown-Creative diningPhiWDined on 9/6/2013A Michelin Star Chef is a very welcome addition to this area of the city. This is a dining experience and, no doubt, the restaurant will receive at least one star in the coming year even-though it has just opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Brain/Right BrainfeasterVIPDined on 9/4/2013Shaun Hergatt is a locavore, happily not a forager; adventurous and creative, not just a chemist. Having abandoned the constraints of the Financial District, he has blossomed (literally). The food is intellectual and sensual. Memorable dishes. Artichoke ravioli that tastes like artichokes and is light and airy. Foie gras trio (with pistachio dust and peach tartare) that reminds one of why you don't want foie gras banned from menus. Delectable bass with nasturtium and carrot puree. Every dish is so beautiful one wonders if a nouvelle cuisine maven may be lurking at the passing station. The room is quiet, sophisticated and low key and is matched by the professional wait staff. A restaurant to savor again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Back Shaun!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/3/2013I could not wait to eat at Juni. Shaun Hergatt is a genius and his new menu and new digs proves it once again. Probably one of my top 5 meals in 2013. Foodies will salivate. And the pastry chef....wow. My caramel corn dessert was unreal. NYC's food scene is a tad brighter with Chef Hergatt back in the kitchen. Cannot wait to return. BarneySpecial Features:
- Great new restaurantSidCDined on 9/2/2013One of the best new restaurants we have been to this trip. The food was simply amazing and of the same caliber as Eleven Madison Park. Juni was quite empty on the night that we went but maybe it is because it was still new and you could also tell that the servers were a bit rusty as well, however, I assume these things will get ironed out soon enough. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful new restaurant byEgyptanyVIPDined on 9/2/2013Beautiful new restaurant by the great Shaun Hergatt. Very inventive and high quality. Lunch menu was also an excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every course was awesome!MNYCVIPDined on 8/29/2013Had a wonderful four course dinner at Juni. I had course 1: langoustine with summer squash and a naval orange reduction (so delicious); 2: Maine lobster with baby leeks; 3: poussin with pickled onions and 4: for dessert caramel corn with tarragon and cheddar. My husband had 1: foie gras with peach tartar; 2: artichoke ravioli; 3: black bass and flourless gnocchi and 4: veal tenderloin. Everything was excellent! Service was amazing. Wine pairings were good. Overall a fabulous dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- He's ba-ack! ...and better still!GastrognomeVIPDined on 8/29/2013I missed Shaun Hergatt's food but that was then and this is now and there is so much to catch up on! The 10 course (really 11 -- that amuse was far more than a prelude) dinner was spectacular and a good start, but I will not be fully recovered until I have tried everything on the menu... a challenge I will relish (literally) accepting! I have a rating system that is based on how many courses make me swoon -- this was an easy count as they all did... and each dish was my favorite until the next came along. I have to bring everyone I know here because they will all love it -- and I will get to share and bask in that mad food love over and over again; menu season by menu season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2013Chef Shaun Hergatt(previously at Sho) is at his top with a brand new set of innovative and tasty dishes. Juni is the most classy and best food experience in town way ahead of any 3 stars.........rush to discover it before facing a 3 month waiting list!!!!!Special Features:
- Welcome!downtownerVIPDined on 8/27/2013Fabulous lunch although a very limited menu. The hanger steak was probably the best piece of meat I ever ate! Wonderful little potatoes and mtruffled mash. yum. the pork soup was porky, silky and spiced beautifully. The salads were works of art on a plate. Branzino was crispy and sweet. We had only one dessert. Peaches and cream and cucumber. Strange but awesome. All this and super baguettes for $30.00! Thanks!!Special Features:
- Incredible food, service, ambianceCormacVIPDined on 8/26/2013Just opened last week. We had the $90 4 course individual tasting menus (choose 4 entrees if you prefer!). The dishes were beautiful, delicious and unique. Fantastic Bernadaud china, great service (say hi to Charlie Brown). With 4 diners, we tried nearly every dish. The Aussie/Singaporean chef Shaun was a delight. Expert bartender, Josh. Made perfect pre-prohibition style cocktails. This restaurant is clearly destined for rave reviews and (more) Michelin stars for the chef. Go now while you can. Good value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, good servicethreecrayonsVIPDined on 8/26/2013will be one of top restaurants in nyc. lunch is a great deal, wines are nicely priced and tasty. menu changes slightly every week, depending upon what is available. only the best ingredients make it onto the menu. some dishes were some of the best i have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Book, before the crowds gather!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2013Just had an absolutely delightful lunch in Chef Hergatt's new venture in Midtown's Hotel Chandler. Staff was unfailingly kind, as was the Chef, and served a meal that excelled in every dimension. Both beautiful and absolutely delicious it has been unequaled during this trip to the City - plus it was accompanied by a Finger lakes Pinot that exceeded all expectations. We will certainly return as soon as possible for the evening tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great start,right out of the gateSamRNYCDined on 8/22/2013So I never made it to SHO. When I read that Shaun Hergatt was opening Juni, I was excited. The menu format is flexible. They served 3 amuses which were all superb. I had the Langoustines which were excellent but not perfectly cooked in places, the Bass and the Duck which were both superb - when I took a bite of the duck, it was so rich and flavorful (and I eat A LOT of duck) that I actually said 'WOW' out loud. The desserts were innovative and delicious. Overall, the food was delicate, complex, focused, somewhat innovative, and delicious. The service was very good, but our primary server (Jason) spectacular. Overall, I would say that Juni is a welcome addition to the top tier restaurants in NYC, and I look forward to going back.Special Features: