2293 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1kept.com/
- Phone: 4042541973
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from 1kept
Where Peachtree Creek meets Peachtree Rd, tucked away behind the shopping building, sits 1KEPT. A new blend of American Cuisine and southern influences, with cocktail creations to make you glad you were born post 18th Amendment. The open kitchen and warm interior brings memories of your "Ma's Meatloaf", with a blend of reclaimed woods, antique typewriters and a cozy bar, you will feel right at home. You will know you've found the right synergy of culture, edge, polish and posh between the butcher block tables and tufted chairs. Seats 62 and perfect for early drinks, dinner, or evening cocktails that bring poetic inspiration among friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1kept reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (31)special occasion (23)romantic (22)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (13)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- SueMcDined on 5/17/2014We don't like noisy restaurants and could hardly carry on a conversation without shouting. The food was average. Will not return.
- Great Service, Good Food But...LilburncoupleDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant had great service and good food, but when you make a reservation be sure to ask for seats that have cushion backs. The table that we set at had wood chairs with metal backs that were very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- FantasticLisatVIPDined on 5/10/2014A friend recommended this wonderful find. Our waitress was very pleasant, helpful and spot on with recommendations. The "helping out bartender" was unreal. He whipped me up some magic potions, off menu. He even presented it to me at the table. The lamb Tagiatelle was amazing. My husband loved the trout. My son said the flat iron was Ok, not as great as the lamb. The flatbreads are out of this world. One thing left to say...Dark Chocolate Creme brulee! Go, go now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindjmmwDined on 5/8/2014We went to this restaurant and we were very pleased. The wait staff ws very knowledgeable about the menu and the food was outstanding. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cocktails!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/5/2014I met friends to catch up over drinks and snacks. The cocktail menu is very interesting--everything is new, creative and unusual--and the result is fantastic! The quail eggs are awesome, and so are the flatbreads.Special Features:
- GemLuvAtlFoodDined on 5/3/2014Enjoyed tremendously. The service was impeccable and the food delicious. Would recommend without hesitations and would definitely come back again. We specially liked the Mushroom Flat bread, the Cornish Hen and the Seared ScallopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good time, GREAT FOOD!RBthabestDined on 5/1/2014We went late but were met with a smile with the hostess. Had great service. The food was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPeachtreeMidwestDined on 4/30/2014The food was amazing. We didn't get too creative with the drinks though it seemed like Wine Aficionados would be happy. She had the scallops, I had the Schnitzel. The breading on the schnitzel was so great. We also had the Bruschetta for an appetizer, also amazing. Our waiter seemed to know someone else there and was a bit distracted. We had to ask him for a couple things multiple times. The ambiance was very trendy. My date and I were celebrating a special occasion and had a romantic evening. A table on the other side of the restaurant was celebrating a birthday. They were loud, but because the setup was well laid out, we weren't bothered at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but long wait!!julieVIPDined on 4/26/2014We visited 1kept for the first time on Saturday night (party of 4). We arrived at 8:30 (the time of our reservations) and were told that the table wasn't quite ready. This was fine - there were seats at the bar, we got some drinks. However, we were kept waiting until 9:25 - nearly AN HOUR after our reservation time. To the hostess's credit, she did update us a couple of times while we were waiting. But 55 minutes with a reservation? And there weren't any other guests waiting. The food was good, although it's not a large menu and they were out of two of the entrees. Then there was a problem with the bill (an extra charge showing up - glad we checked!). I might try it again, but I won't go back if I have another ridiculous wait.
- Fantastic experience!SeahVIPDined on 4/19/2014This was my first time here after having heard lots of great thing about it. It definitely lived up to the hype! Delicious, unique food...the watermelon and feta flatbread was great, the breaded chicken amazing!!! Plus they had a great drink menu as well. And I loved the vibe of the place. A great way to spend a Friday or Saturday night. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014Consistently great food, awesome vibe, really nice bartenders and overall always an enjoyable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never A DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2014I have been here several times. Every item I have tried at the restaurant has been fantastic. You can't go here without getting the deviled quail eggs. The menu is always changing and each dish is as good as the last.Special Features:
- Solidly Great All-AroundWendyBDined on 4/12/2014First time at 1kept was a pleasant surprise all-around. Service was attentive and good. Menu provides ample selection yet each dish that arrived at our table was unique -- and resulted in a clean plate. The atmosphere is exactly what we wanted for our group to enjoy our conversation in a really cool non-traditional space. I'm not a restaurant-repeater but we'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best got betterMaryMDined on 4/11/2014I have dined at 1Kept several times and it just gets better and better. The beet salad was excellent and the red fish hit all the right notes. I haven't had anything I didn't love. This is saying quite a lot because we drive from the far north suburbs to eat here.Special Features:
- WonderfulAimesDined on 4/9/2014My girlfriends and I really enjoyed 1Kept. All 5 of us with highly recommend it!Special Features:
- What a surprise!fussyfoodieVIPDined on 4/1/2014Screwy way to park and enter restaurant (the old Toulouse), but the ambiance was much nicer than expected, the seating more comfortable and the food was very good to excellent. and the variety on the short menu was sufficiently varied for each of us. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best food in AtlantaKaitDined on 3/29/2014Some of the best food in Atlanta this is definitely our go to spot for any occasion or if we are just wanting a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple but high qualityPowerDinerVIPDined on 3/27/2014first time dining, we were given some great recommendations from the wait staff. The ginger beer is great if you want something non-alcoholic. Some dishes are large enough to split and be sure to try the red velvet cheesecake, very well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backParkerDined on 3/19/2014We had a great time. Very warm and cozy environment. Loved the design and the food was fantastic. We will come back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm foever Keptbdlane77Dined on 3/14/2014My wife and I recently had dinner at 1 Kept Kitchen and it was incredible. We had the deviled quail eggs, the shrimp salad as appetizers. Entrees were the trout and the NY strip, followed by desert of the banana pudding, and cheese cake. The meal was outstanding and everything we hoped it would be. I highly recommend this place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGregDined on 3/13/2014Such a great find. Food is amazing but the service even better. I've been twice and had Corey as my waiter. He remembered my name after my first visit which was two weeks apart and even recalled the wine I like. He was engaging with the new group I brought and made the experience so enjoyable. Spoke with Thaddius who also remembered me just after my first visit. That says a lot about customer service. Also, the entire wait staff chips in to help others which is nice. I highly suggest this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The drinks and fish entreesCathyVIPDined on 3/10/2014The drinks and fish entrees were excellent. The chicken biscuit appetizer was a bit dry, so I wouldn't order that again. Overall, it was very good, so we'll surely return and try some other options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceTechgal23Dined on 3/8/2014Four of us enjoyed the excellent food and refreshing service at 1Kept. Flatbreads are good. Venison, flatiron steak, and pork tenderloin excellent. Two of us had eaten there before and had enjoyed the scallops. If you like red velvet, you must try the red velvet cheesecake. We will go again to try more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, service and ambiencebjdatlDined on 3/7/2014This was our first time to 1Kept. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess and took note of the very cool decor. The feeling of the restaurant was laid back and friendly but with an eagerness to make our experience an unforgettable one. Kate was our server and she was beyond awesome and friendly and very helpful in suggesting cocktails and menu items. She was very knowledgeable of the menu and her recommendations were spot on. The rest of the staff we interacted with during our stay were so friendly and pleasant. We tried a variety of apps and entrees and everyone was very satisfied with their choices. We left feeling as though we had just left a friend's house after a great dinner party. We will definitely be back very soon!Special Features:
- Great FoodcarlcaneDined on 3/7/2014Great Food, difficult to find the parking lot. Need better signage...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!MattDined on 3/1/2014This restaurant was a recommendation for a perfect date night restaurant; he couldn't have been more correct if he tried!! Although it can be a little hard to find, if you are not looking carefully, but it is definitely worth the find! Outstanding food, unbelievable service (always important to me!), and the perfect atmosphere! Go give it a try! You will NOT be disappointed!Special Features:
- Energetic new spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/18/2014I had heard lots of good things about this new restaurant. I enjoyed the meal and the server was very knowledgeable about the ingredients in the dishes. She recommended nice wines to complement our entrees. Will definitely go back again soon.Special Features:
- All around greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went to iKept with 5 other friends for a Valentine's Day hangout. Had never been before, and LOVED it. The drinks menu was fantastic (apple pie moonshine thing was AMAZING). The flatbreads were great (I'm not even a fan of mushrooms, or artichokes-- some of the ingredients on a couple of the flatbreads-- and I ended up still eating them, they were so good!). The entrees were perfect-- I had the scallops, which might have been the best scallops I've ever had. And dessert was quite good-- flourless chocolate cake looks like a small portion but I left the restaurant stuffed. Embience is cool, not too loud. All in all, a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Space, Good FoodFoodFinderDined on 2/13/2014Scooby Snacks - good, but chicken was a bit dry / Florentine Flat Bread - good, but nothing special (I think the mushrooms were canned mushrooms - fresh would make this better) / Fried Yellow Tail Bits - very good! Drinks were great (nice pour by the bartender!!) & ambiance was as well! Our server was nice, but a little pushy & persistent in trying to get us to order more food. We just wanted a relaxed dinner amongst friends with cocktails & bites - wasn't out for a 5 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienxeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Best Shrimp and Grits in the city!! Service was great and good came out fast despite a busy night at the restaurant! Ambience was nice, although it was kind of loud. Drinks were original and I will return! Thanks!Special Features:
- NOT Worth the HypeSusanaVIPDined on 2/7/2014Friends and coworkers raved about this place. While it is young, chic, and modern, I ultimately judge a place by the food, and it was soooo disappointing. Kale salad was just ok. The scallop dish was a complete beige bowl of under-seasoned food. The steak dish was not cooked properly, with some chewy fries, and a charcoal-burnt sauce. Did not have a satisfying meal, but if you prefer a loud and vibrant scene better suited for large parties, this is your place. Service was good; seating was fast. Plenty of people will say it is fit for foodies, but we found the found marginal at best. Will not come back.Special Features:
- Amazing food, great service!MadVladDined on 2/1/2014I could write a 10,000 words about how great this place is. I will spare you. Go check out 1Kept for yourself. I promise you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014Had dinner with my family the other night at 1Kept. What a fantastic experience. Great food served by a helpful team that met our needs but did not hover. THey made great recommendations to two of the guests in my party that made the evening even better. Flatbreads were a great way to begin, we all had different entrées that were enjoyed by everyone and finally dessert was outstanding - red velvet cheese cake for me. Thanks to the team for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeMLG00Dined on 1/25/2014The bar was fun, drinks and wine list great. Their martini was delicious and had high alcohol content. The bruschetta awesome. We had 2 flatbreads and they were really not very good. We had 3 different entrees and they were all great. The chicken was unique and delicious.Special Features:
- We enjoyed ourselvesDBenedettoVIPDined on 1/25/2014The old Toulouse has been removed and 1Kept did a great job bringing it very up-to-date and giving it a sleek, industrial look. We food was done very well even if it was slow to come to the table. Our waitress did not seem sincere in her concern for our enjoyment of the evening, but we enjoyed the place anyway. The food was done very well and we plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great ambienceRaulDined on 1/24/2014Interesting menu, good food, good wine selection, excellent decor/ambiance, and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not see anyone at theJorgefromCubaVIPDined on 1/17/2014Did not see anyone at the restaurant below 35. That's fine. Wish we had known that ahead of time. Food was fair and the noise level with bad music not tolerable. At the risk of anyone thinking I am an over the top old person that is not the case. Good I guess for that age group.
- disappointedeasygraderDined on 1/9/2014We waited 35 minutes to be seated for our 7:30 reservation with very little communication from the hostess. The food was mediocre and service was slow. It will be a long time before we try 1kept again.
- DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 1/7/2014We had reservations for a party of 9 and were seated immediately upon arrival. We waited almost 45 minutes for our meal and it took our server 30 minutes to let us know that the food was delayed. We then waited another 5 minutes for one of our party to receive her entree. There was also an issue with the ventilation so the front door was kept open and the outside temp was below 20 degrees. This created a draft so it was very cold at our table. No one ever came to our table to ask or address this. We never saw a manager and did not receive any compensation for these issues with our experience. Disappointing since I had read so many great things and took so many people to the restaurant.
- NYE Dinner - Surprisingly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Was looking forward to the delicious full time menu and was slightly disappointed when I received only the NYE menu, these feelings soon went away as the food arrived. The ambiance was perfect for starting the special occasion off and the drinks were on point with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.