2472 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4P 2H5Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vitasociale.ca/
- Phone: 4164832211x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Symon Abad
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vita Sociale
VITA SOCIALE is a fun and approachable neighbourhood restaurant. We are open for lunch and dinner, 7 days/week!Continued
Our recipe for success includes great servers, good people and an incredibly talented culinary team.
Our recipe for success includes great servers, good people and an incredibly talented culinary team.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Vita Sociale - Best Restaurants in Yonge and Eglinton ›
Vita Sociale reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (15)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (10)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- DisappointingMarcGDined on 8/30/2013I was really looking forward to trying out Vita Sociale. We are a family of five and live in the neighborhood. I was excited to see the change from Centro to the more accessible Vita Sociale. Sadly, our visit was an overall disappointment. Mediocre menu. My wife noted that the fish dish that she had was half the size of similar dishes elsewhere. The waiter seemed indignant but then responded with "Well, that's just the size of the fish that we've brought in." One appetizer and three out of four of our main courses were swimming in olive oil. The fourth dish, a gluten free pizza, seemed bland and doughy to me. However, my daughter claimed to like it. In comparison, we've enjoyed far better Italian dinners elsewhere.
- Great dinner (as always!)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2013Great dinner (as always!) Took friends who hadn't been there and they loved it too! Great food, friendly service and well-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable & Fun!6dentistsDined on 8/26/2013Always busy, always good. A great addition to the neighbourhood at Yonge & Eglinton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went on a rainy MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2013We went on a rainy Monday for lunch so the restaurant was very quiet. We had a great casual lunch with family and would certainly return again.Special Features:
- Third Visit a Strike OutLaBGDined on 8/8/2013I have been three times now. The first visit was the week that Vita Sociale opened and I had a very pleasant lunch with a friend. They were quite eager to please and the food although not stellar was certainly adequate. I had a the Bucatini which I enjoyed and my friend a Panini. I returned about a week later with my son. I again had the Bucatini (which was comparable to the first time) and my son the "Meat Pizza" which was also reasonable but underbaked. On my third visit.. The food (same Bucatini) was inedible, service non existent and noise level actually similar to on a motorway. Both my Bucatini and my husband's Pizza were returned uneaten. We paid our bill after we returned our food to the kitchen. No explanation was offered
- Love the new Vita Sociale!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2013Good move on the more casual style dining. On a Wednesday night, the place was hopping-with couples, groups and families with kids-where the food is REALLY good! What a better use of this space former Centro-good read on the move to more casual dining but keeping the food at a high standard for a more reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good appetizers. We enjoyedjustAdinerDined on 8/3/2013Good appetizers. We enjoyed the mozzarella and the carpaccio. Delicous and nicely presented. The main courses were somewhat bland. Half of us asked for salt to bring out the flavours. The waiter made a few condescending comments that soured the experience. I won't be rushing back to Vita Sociale.
- Good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013It was a friends birthday and we were looking for a new (to us) restaurant. I knew that Vita Sociale had opened so we decided to try it despite a few mixed reviews on service I had read online. The service in fact was great. We were given a nice choice of seating near the window. Our server was firendly, attentive and he placed a candle in the cake she had ordered for dessert. He didn't sing (good) and just wished her a happy birthday. We shared the calamari, a mixed green salad and we each had a pizza. The food was delicious as were the desserts. We were not rushed through the meal. I can't comment on the wine as I ended up just having a martini - it was good as well! Overall - fun night, great food, excellent service. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a return visitSB123Dined on 7/25/2013Our group of four really enjoyed our visit. The service was excellent and our server was able to provide recommendations for all courses. Her input was helpful in making our choices. Our food was served In a timely way while never making us feel rushed. We all enjoyed our different selections with the pasta dishes being particularly tasty. The restaurant was very quiet upon our arrival but grew almost too loud by the time we left (after 9). This may have been due in part to our close proximity to the bar where there was lots of shouting to be heard. Not entirely unexpected for a restaurant of this size. All in all, an enjoyable dinner and we will be returning in future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Italian dining, butGeecheegirlVIPDined on 7/24/2013Casual Italian dining, but pricing is not (yet fair when considering location and clientele). VS is buzzing and packed, even early on a Tuesday. The usuals are on the menu - caprese salad, Caesar salad, carpaccio, along with pastas and pizzas. My friend had branzino, the fish was perfectly cooked and attractively plated. Vita is a welcome addition to this section of Yonge and an improvement over the older/fustier Centro.
- Wouldn't Go BackBabsDined on 7/20/2013Vita Sociale has created something but nothing very good or interesting. Same waiter as Centro, with same stuffy attitude. The food was uninteresting, a house salad that was bland and a bowl of tiny shrivelled mussels. Tiramisu came in a cup that looked pre-made. But the real problem was the ambience. Extremely noisy, tables very close together, children running everywhere. Not one bit of charm or specialness. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Vita Sociale had heat strokeQForVVIPDined on 7/18/2013Disappointing .. The air conditioning did not cool the place Staff was overwhelmed .. Had to look for the mgr to get a waiter assigned Food was OK
- Very. Poor serviceWheresthebeefVIPDined on 7/16/2013Very poor service. Would not go back. Toronto Has many great restaurants, so why would I bother Going to a place that doesn't know how to serve Their customers
- Good service, food OKLeasideEaterVIPDined on 7/14/2013The new incarnation of the former Centro is geared to a more casual dining experience. Roman-style thin-crust pizza, pasta, meat, fish are found on the menu. We only tried the pizza this time; I the Smoked Veal Breast pizza on whole wheat which was very flavourful. On the other hand, my dining partner had the Margharita pizza which was an exercise in total blandness with a tomato sauce with no oomph to it, with a fresh basil leaf on each piece but not enough to give the pizza any real flavor;a disappointment. My partner had to ask twice before more basil was brought to the table in an effort to salvage this pizza. There seems to be a wide range of reviews on this resto so maybe they are trying to figure out what works or not.Special Features:
- aching earsgooldieDined on 7/12/2013The noise level was over the top. We could hardly wait to leave. The service was very slow. A glass of wine that was spilled was refilled, gratis. The food was good, but not great. Good for families with noisy children.Special Features:
- Surprising ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2013Was surprised by the overall casual experience. Many kids, which was unexpected, but, not an issue. Hostess was welcoming and the waitress eventually opened up a bit. The wine list exceeds the casualness of the experience. Not a bad thing, just unexpected. The food ............... OFF THE CHARTS ........... EXCELLENT. Always willling to spend the $$'s for the quality, and, was surprised when we settled the tab. For two . . . . .nice salad course, main entree's, a shared desert and a nice bottle of Ausie Shraz . . . . . with gratuity . . . . $170. Well done and will rern often once we complete our relocation to Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighbourhood find!leafsgrrlDined on 7/9/2013A great neighbourhood restaurant. Reasonably priced pastas and pizzas really hit the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but noise level too highBSdinerVIPDined on 7/5/2013Have been to Vita Sociale twice now. The salads, pizza and pastas have been excellent. Service was great and attentive. The only problem was that each time I could not hear the people across from me. Our friends agreed that it was difficult to hear. The second time we could barely hear each other talk - and later in the evening the restaurant turned up the music so it added to our angst. Would definitely return for the food - but until they do something about the noise level I will not go back.Special Features:
- Pizza was thin and crispy.livetoeatVIPDined on 7/3/2013Pizza was thin and crispy. I like it better than Pizza Libretto's neapolitan stle. Could have more variety of ingredients and more ingredients on the pizza. Wine was expensive. Could reduce priceSpecial Features:
- Worst experience ever!!!StokDined on 7/3/2013Had a dinner reservation booked for four people at 7:45 pm waited fir a table until 9pm and was still not seated. I approached management on my way out to let him know the situation and he could care less, gave me a cold ingenuine "sorry". We walked out of the restaurant at 9pm starving and walked down the street to La Veccia who where more than accommodating. Never again will I attempt to dine at Vita Sociale.
- great new neighbourhood restaurantcadenceDined on 7/1/2013The lightest fried calamari ever and a delicious arugula and mushroom salad set us up for a wonderful meal. Mains of branzino fish and scallops on romano beans, followed by tiramisu and panna cotta served in old fashioned glass jars completed our celebratory dinner. Interesting wine list with great variety, although somewhat pricy. Attentive service throughout. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food with creative elementsBdavis64VIPDined on 6/26/2013The food was rustic Italian. Simple ingredients, well presented and prepared. Service was slow but acceptable. Very pleasant staff. May need more of them. Price to value ratio is better than many restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dessert made it worth goingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2013Overall, I would return to Vita Sociale only for the dessert; otherwise, there are comparable (and better) main courses served at other Italian restaurants in the area. The two of us arrived on time for our 7:45pm reservation (on a Tuesday) greeted by a hostess whose exasperation and no smile came off as somewhat stand-off-ish. We were seated 15 minutes late as the place was full. The staff were pleasant except for one who was unnecessarily pretentious - he made a snide remark about me not knowing the trait of a certain wine on their list. Presentation of the pasta dish and pizza was excellent; the flavour and texture was just OK. The cheesecake was exceptional and is the only reason I would return. The ambience was fun and energetic.Special Features:
- Food was not what was orderedMMgfVIPDined on 6/17/2013Food was not what was ordered and was cold. They were very appologetic and offered to fix it for me but I didnt want to have to wait. It still tasted good but would have been better if it had the extra ingredients and was hot.Special Features:
- Ok food, bad service, great dessertTorontoFoodLoverDined on 6/17/2013Overall, not a restaurant I would recommend to a friend or go back to for a meal- except for dessert. - The service was poor due to rude staff and very slow service. - The food was okay, but nothing that can't be found at other nearby Italian restaurants. - The dessert was scrumptious and I will return...but only after I have had my main course elsewhere.
- For a Saturday night dinnerGreatVIPDined on 6/15/2013For a Saturday night dinner there was only one special. The menu is limited already and needs to a few more dishes. Most of the main courses dishes do not come with vegetables and there needs to be some on the menu to choose from. The half chicken at $24.95 was tasteless. Not a place I would rush back too.Special Features:
- Always greatTOFoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2013Vita Sociale is a winner. The food is outstanding and the value is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good pizza and pasta place,TomRDined on 5/31/2013good pizza and pasta place, but very pricey for what you get. caprese salad was awful. miniscule portion and tasteless tomatoes for $15. lunch with 1 glass kf wine each was $100. also, place is very noisy.
- Welcome back!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2013We had many fun times at this restaurant in the 80"S! Glad they renovated and updated their menu to more casual fare..... They have some kinks to work out ..chair legs are too low (and are on order) and the noise level is very loud. Food and wine great selection! We had a nice waiter named Sean and it was great to see Armando in his element "busy!!"Special Features:
- Just so soFoodieDined on 5/16/2013The restaurant itself was beautiful. It was lively that night. Great table. Good cocktail. Wine by the glass poured from new bottle right at table. It went downhill after that. Service started out okay, but we were forgotten pretty quickly. Water cups sat empty and no one asked to see if we wanted another drink with our meal. Our mains showed up before our starters and were directed back to the kitchen (likely to sit and wait for us). Food was so-so. Not a tremendous amount of flavour. This place has the possibility of being good. it's far from reaching its full potential. Won't return.Special Features:
- VERY disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/14/2013I liked Centro...this is NOT Centro. The food can't even be described as mediocre...it was awful! Their version of an antipasto platter...the proscuitto was virtually entirely composed of FAT, the reggiano, dry, as if it had been left out for hours...the caesar salad lacked taste and the pasta was marginal. All in all a very disappointing experience had by all in our party.
- Almost 100%YDogDined on 5/10/2013Winner! Well executed fare - fresh & flavourfull, good wine selection, a fine room. Staff mgmt needs more attn - service was good once it got going but it took over 10 minutes after being seated to be noticed... A welcome addition to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The team from Centro scores againTOFoodieVIPDined on 5/9/2013Amazing food at incredibly reasonable prices, all accompanied by great service and friendly, welcoming staff. One of the best of the best in Toronto--without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphere but food is poor1234556Dined on 5/9/2013this is my second time here and both times the food was not very good. The atmosphere and the staff were greatSpecial Features:
- Finally! A North Toronto Gem!NTDinerDined on 5/8/2013The service was impeccable, the food delicious and overall a great experience. Finally, a Hot Spot in North Toronto that is "Come as you are!" I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great as wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2013The food was great as was the wine. Our server was excellent. The only problem was the front staff. Our table wasn't ready and we had to wait in the bar for a half an hour. The front desk staff seemed to forget about us and were uncaring about how long we were waiting. However, once seated, our server was top-notch.Special Features:
- won't go backGeorgeDined on 5/2/2013My 4 girlfriends and I were excited to try the renovated Centro -we were all impressed by the atmosphere of the new renovation, however very disappointed by the food experience. All of our dishes were bland and had no flavor. The service was mediocre and the place very noisy unfortunately we won't be going back
- Disappointing OpeningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/1/2013Though the decor and staff are warm and friendly, I found the menu at Vita Sociale to be very difficult to find something I could really enjoy. When we finally found something to order, the Caprese salad offering was very small, the pasta was dry, so much so that the sauce couldn't repair the damage, and we needed a microscope to find the cheesecake mascarpone on the plate. The service was very mediocre which is understandable considering that the restaurant only recently opened, but overall, I was less than impressed and wouldn't hurry back without some vastly improved reviews.