2472 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4P 2H5Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vitasociale.ca/
- Phone: 4164832211x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Symon Abad
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vita Sociale
VITA SOCIALE is a fun and approachable neighbourhood restaurant. We are open for lunch and dinner, 7 days/week!Continued
Our recipe for success includes great servers, good people and an incredibly talented culinary team.
Our recipe for success includes great servers, good people and an incredibly talented culinary team.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Vita Sociale - Best Restaurants in Yonge and Eglinton ›
Vita Sociale reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (15)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Good food, horrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2014All of the food that we ordered was very yummy. However, our service was horrible. We felt that because we did not order wine our table didn't matter. Furthermore, we had about 6 different people serving us, which caused mistakes on the bill. Also, the service was extremely slow even though the restaurant was pretty much empty. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone due to the lack of good quality service. I felt rejected at the end of the night and could not get out of the restaurant fast enough.
- nice placeAmirDined on 12/31/2013A group of us went there on new year's eve. The food was just fantastic and the ambient is very nice and attractive. The DJ was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fitting end to a yearGDawgDined on 12/31/2013I was curious about how this former Centro location, and was overall pleasantly surprised. The service was friendly, but very slow. It took more than 1/2 hr between appetizers, main course, and dessert, and even the bill took a long time. Christmas Eve dinner was a set menu which was a bit disappointing as I would've preferred more choice. Staff were friendly, decor/ambiance was nice, and the food was delicious, but there are other options available at the same price point with more attentive and efficient service. If you have lots of time to kill, then check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place was nice, but food belowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013Place was nice, but food below average. Eggplant pizza was too salty, and risotto not that flavorful. There are better Italian places nearby.
- Inexperienced wait staff -foodie2Dined on 12/15/2013Inexperienced wait staff - spilled ice water on my back by server and second server also dropped plates/glasses in middle of dining area. While server apologized, no Management came by to apologize. Celebrating the holidays with friends, we were embarrassed for recommending this restaurant, due to the mediocre food -from appetizers to mains and desserts - all were underwhelming. Only daily special recommendation was lobster bisque. Not alot of choice. A good friend took us there and highly recommended this place; service was night and day from 1st experience and I would never chance taking friends there again. Highly disappointing.
- Big shoes to fillgotovitaDined on 12/10/2013Although the service was great, the food was mediocre and not very authentic. Salty and not with distinct tastes. Time to get a new chef.
- New FaveBookGirlDined on 11/30/2013The staff was very helpful, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. A great atmosphere. Food was delicious and very reasonably priced. We lingered for over three hours and were never made to feel we had over-stayed our welcome. Would highly recommend and will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enh...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013Had high hopes... Service was poor and distracted - we asked for no goat cheese on a salad = no problem, everything made to order, we asked for more bread = no problem. Neither were done, with no real apology or comp. Food was decent but not worthy of the prices.Special Features:
- Fair at bestMidtownmom2Dined on 11/29/2013Menu was average with lots of pasta and pizza. Nothing special or different about it. Service was annoyingly attentive with about 5 different wait staff coming by to ask if everything is ok. That's wonderful for the first or second time but after awhile when you are deep in conversation and they keep interrupting it's annoying. We had a 5:45 reservation and the restaurant was empty when we arrived. The hostess showed us to a table in the middle of the room when there were tons of empty booths and window tables available , which eventually we sat at.Special Features:
- Great StaffBrameldDined on 11/27/2013Food was good, staff was very friendly and attentive. Space is very large and open, which makes it a bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better places to go.LuigiVIPDined on 11/23/2013We went and firstly, the service was terrible. The waiter never cracked a smile and had an attitude!. Food - I ordered a soup - and the veggies and beans in it were still raw. We Ordered, among other things, a pizza with whole wheat crust and received it with plain crust. Waiter gave me an argument over what I ordered. The pizza had 4 toppings. The genius "Chef" puts each topping by itself on 1/4 of the pizza. Who ever heard of this? By the way, when they finally brought the right pizza, the crust was terrible. Tasted like cardboard. Ordered pasta with meat sauce - certainly had better in the city. Place is over priced and over hyped. There are better places in this city for Italian.
- Night outLuv2eatDined on 11/22/2013Like the food choices. The decor is upscale but not too pretentious. Service was in the middle. A little noisy. Don't need the music. Love the fact that they paid attention to my request for a booth. The food was very tasty! I will be going back and bringing friends ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Yonge and Eglinton hauntRobbyDined on 11/15/2013Vita Sociale is a must. Food wonderful. Not to pricey. Service and ambiance also to be commended.Special Features:
- DisappointeduptownyongeDined on 11/15/2013I use to dine at Centros when it was special celebrations because of the price,when I heard it changed to Vita Sociale it was changing to be more competitive with other restaurants in the neighborhood I was excited thinking I would dine there more often. I found it to be very pricey and the food was not fit for the prices that were charged. (over priced for poor quality of food)
- This is the second time IDiningintorontoDined on 11/12/2013This is the second time I have dined at VS. The first time was a girls night out and I had a very decent fish entree. Unfortunately this time I ordered the pizza, which I assumed would be very good as well since a third of the menu is pizza. I was mistaken. I would have done better in the frozen food section of the grocery. An awful limp, bland crust was was topped with a flavorless sauce and meager toppings. Hands down the worst pizza I have had in eons. Sorry, but I will not be returning.
- outstandingJulieDined on 11/5/2013This was my first dining experience in this restaurant. The appetizer was calamari misto which was superb... Not too greasy and lightly breaded. The veal and the pasta pomodoro was shared by myself and my dining companion... Also 5 star. Service was friendly and attentive. Dessert was profiteroles and gelato. Very sublime.. Would return and refer others.Special Features:
- We went with our young childernHueyDined on 11/2/2013We went with our young childern and we were thier first custoimers for the night. They were still getting organized for the nigths business, which is to be exepected. Other restaurants that we have visited this early in the evening have made us feel like an intrusion but NOT here they were happy to see us and made us feel welcome. Children rarely want things exactly as they are presented on the menu and it was not different this night. Our menu deviations were met with a smile and a "no problem." We will definately return to this restaurant with our kids, and for "just adult" nights too.Special Features:
- A Neighbourhood GemFoodieDined on 10/27/2013I had a lovely dinner, first time here...lovely restaurant, impeccable service, relaxing atmosphere. The food was served at the right temperatures, and loaded with flavour. The courses were not rushed, which I loved. Portions were proper and selection on the menu was impressive. I would definitely come back and have already recommended it to friends! A neighbourhood gem!Special Features:
- Great Service and Food!ElenaDined on 10/26/2013You would think that having to wake up early on a Saturday for work meeting's would be a drag but I must admit having it take place with a complimentary brunch from our boss made it a lot more bearable. I normally am not the type to post reviews but after I made a bet that the corned beef hash couldn't be better then my brunch spot in Ottawa, I just had to cause I definitely lost. This place does Corned beef hash something awesome. I'm glad I listened to you Dan.Special Features:
- LOVED THIS PLACE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013Finally we have a nice place to go for weekend brunch up here. Got the flyer in my mailbox this week for the launch of brunch at Vita Sociale and had to check it out. Amazing. Nice job Armando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceChrisgymDined on 10/25/2013The service was REALLY slow and poor and the server tried to upsell as twice. He claimed that a particular bottle of wine we had requested was unavailable and proceeded to bring us one that was more expensive and then he tried to do it again when that bottle was no longer available.
- Great Italian food , greatPitchouneVIPDined on 10/24/2013Great Italian food , great seating area Place to meet for groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time!scm13Dined on 10/18/2013Finally got a chance to check out Vita Sociale with the girlfriends for dinner. What can I say, it's been a very busy summer. Amazingly we booked our dinner on the night of the launch of the new fall/winter menu. It was busy but definitely well worth the wait. I'm very impressed and pleased with what the former location that housed Centro has decided to do with the new direction. My girls and I loved it and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedProudMomofFourDined on 10/18/2013The restaurant itself was cool. Very big and open. The server was lovely. The food, however, was not very good. We went for lunch. I ordered the buffalo mozzarella salad and shared the pepperoni pizza. My sister had a caesar salad and the pizza. We found the salads to be just okay and the pizza was more sauce than anything else... and very salty. We would not return. It was expensive considering the experience.
- Good, But Could Be GreatScoutDined on 10/17/2013Entrees and drinks were great (Squash Raviolo was excellent), but the desserts need some work. The mini chocolate cake was rubbery and difficult to cut into. The cake did not even arrive warmed up, but the deluce ice cream pairing was a good complement with the cake. The restaurant kindly did not charge for this dessert after the waiter inquired why it was only half eaten. Would come back to try other items from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service. Good valueStanGDined on 10/16/2013Wonderful service. Good value for very tasty food. Will definitely return for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with the girlsMaaryaRobertsDined on 10/12/2013Great night out with the girls. We were in the mood for an italian style pre-thanksgiving dinner and you guys were awesome!! loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from the time werevekDined on 10/11/2013Excellent from the time we walked in the door. Attentive service, wonderful food and delightul ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the new MenuOctobersOwnDined on 10/10/2013As promised, after the awesome treatment we received on our last visit we promised to return to check out the new fall menu and as usual they did not disappoint. I think its great that Vita Sociale will be introducing new menu's seasonally because my husband and I have come to love this place and frequent it often. By the time we have tried everything on the menu, there's a whole new one to start over with. LOVE THIS PLACE!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the third time weKerrmilenDined on 10/3/2013This is the third time we have dined at Vita Sociale but the first time for lunch. As always the food was great and the service a awesome. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTea1Dined on 9/26/2013The food reminded me of a cafeteria meal. Just so bland and average. Even the profiteroles were stale and the cappuccino watery. Not good.
- The restaurant was prettyGabAmyDined on 9/22/2013The restaurant was pretty empty, maybe because was Sunday night. My pasta with vongole was vey bland and my wife's caprese salad was good but extremely small for being $17. We waited our server forever every time we needed him. He cames to check the table only when had already finish and while we were still at th table talking and finishing our drinks, he cleaned the all table. This was very unconfortable for us because very felt very under pressure like he wanted that we leave as soon was possible. We have to asked the bill (he didn't ask for) and after 15 min of waiting we had to go around the restaurant to looking to him for paying.
- Great Dining Night OutMissChrissyDined on 9/20/2013We visited the old Centro Restaurant location and experienced sheer delight in seeing the transformation to a hip fresh dining spot still managed by the great Centro managers and Armando. Service was beyond attentive. Food was a joy to enjoy. We had the best night out! Will be back with again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2013This was the 2nd time we've tried Vita Sociale - 1st was opening weekend and the food was good but service terrible, so we thought we'd give them the benefit of the doubt and try again. This time both service and food were bad. It took nearly 45 minutes before anyone took our order (at which point the server asked if we needed more time). Two glasses of white wine came out room temperature and under poured (it was 1/3 smaller than a glass of red supposed to be same size). Another 35 minutes between apps and mains w/o explanations, apologies or offers to top up drinks. While we came back for the food, this time it was mediocre to bad. Also, pricing is uneven-$14 for four one-inch cheese ravioli in an appetizer - same price as a whole pizza?!
- so soAmirDined on 9/13/2013I am not really sure what to say. I like the decoration, ambient but the food is so so. This place used to be Centro and the food was awesome back then but now I wasn't impressed with the food at all. But just for a drink it is a great place.Special Features:
- Poor service is never goodgirlsnightoutDined on 9/11/2013We had made a reservation for 5 and 2 of us came early to grab a drink first...waiter right off the bat was forgetting details. Attitude and bad handling of menus came right after. After about 1 hr after being there the waiter came to ask us how was dinner...we said what dinner ? you've not even asked us for our order yet. Food came about 45 min after that. In the mean time other servers were dropping dishes on our table by mistake, not knowing who their dishes were going to...."the other tables of course !" I AM NOT Returning !!! and neither are my friends.
- DisappointingKatysamVIPDined on 9/9/2013Very good food, lovely decor, ruined by the service. Our waiter was unhelpful (getting information about menu items was like pulling teeth) and condescending to the point of rudeness. He also wore a very strong fragrance (surely something that management should deal with). However, there was no sign of any oversight. Someone started using an electric drill (in a restaurant at lunch time?) but our very polite complaints were met with "the owner said it had to be done today". Apart from that, conversation was at times difficult as trucks rumble by on Yonge Street and the front of the restaurant is open to the street. We will never go back - too bad as our food was very good.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2013Waited over an hour for a reserved table. Staff wasn't attentive, and food was uninspired and mediocre. Would be a chill place for groups but not for any one looking for something special.Special Features:
- very good foodmichelleDined on 9/6/2013very good food, good sized portions. very loud and busy. service was okay. would returnSpecial Features:
- Always a good time at VS.12cSpiderVIPDined on 9/6/2013Always a good time at VS. The meatballs are a special treat. Make sure to make a reservation as this is a popular place in the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.