31 S. State Street
Newtown, PA 18940Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriatiramisunewtown.com/
- Phone: 2158602898
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sudnay: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sami
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Trattoria Tiramisu
Trattoria Tiramisu is Newtown newest BYOB sensation, open for lunch and dinner! An authentic Italian restaurant featuring fresh homemade pasta, made on site. We provides a cozy warm atmosphere while dining. Its elegant decor and candle light add a bit of modern flare to its traditional cuisine. Our service is warm, friendly and knowledgeable. Trattoria Tiramisu Italian Restaurant offers Traditional Fair including items such as, Chicken Parm, Chicken Marsala and Eggplant Parm. Delicious appetizers including Calamari Fritti, Antipasto and Bruschetta. Chef Sami offers a variety of homemade pastas such as the ever popular Lobster Ravioli and Portobello Ravioli! We also offer Mediterranean dinner specials including Bronzino and Veal Osso Bucco. We have fantastic desserts! No meal is complete without something sweet! Homemade Tiramisu, Triple Chocolate mousse cake, Canolis and seasonal Gelato, flavors suck as Fig, Pumpkin, Cappuccino and Hazelnut!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Trattoria Tiramisu - Best Restaurants in Newtown ›
Trattoria Tiramisu reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (9)romantic (7)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- second timesqueaky2Dined on 8/10/2013We enjoyed our impromptu visit so much the first time that we brought our good friends with us and booked a reservation. We were seated right in front of the entrance which made it both noisy and uncomfortable for one of our guests, but the food made up for it. My husband ordered the Chicken Marsala and it was as delicious as the last visit. I ordered the shrimp and scallop special and the sauce was mouth watering!!! Our friends ordered Lobster Bisque and had the Chicken Parm and Lobster Ravioli which were given two thumbs up! We of course ordered the Caramel Tiramisu and cappuccino to round out our meal. We would come back again, but next time, we would like to have a different table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- right in my own back yard (almost)xoxoVIPDined on 8/8/20132nd time dining at tiramisu and i ordered the same thing as before.....the eggplant parm! it was absolutely fabulous both times! that is probably what i will order the next time! we were 6 people and everyone loved his/her meal! pasta was deeeelicious and the red sauce was outrageous! everything cooked to order so it is a leisurely meal which is a good thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD! MUST TRY!!HeatherDined on 7/27/2013I just ate at this restaurant with a group of 9 people and every single one of us LOVED our meals. The food is truly amazing from the appitizers to dessert! The mushroom ravioli, lobster ravioli, and spinach gnocchi were three of my favorites. The tiramisu was incredible! My husband and I eat out A LOT and so I can honestly say this meal was WONDERFUL! It is also priced great. It can definately stand toe to toe with any Center City/South Philly Italian restaurant! We will, without a doubt, be back soon! Well done chef!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back to TiramisuSuzeVIPDined on 7/21/2013First time at this BYOB restaurant. Great variety, and the pasta we tried was very good. Charming waiter who was very attentive. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great new find in NewtownDelishDishDined on 7/13/2013The food was very fresh and tasty. It brought me back to Italy! The service was fast and staff very friendly. The chef/owner stop by every table at the end of the night and asked all of the guests if they enjoyed their meals. This place is byob, which is also great for parties :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurantArthurDined on 7/5/2013The food was very good. The staff was attentive and friendly. The tables are situated a comfortable distance apart. It is not noisy. It was our second time at the restaurant. We enjoyed it and our guests loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2013I was happy to find this new restaurant in Newtown. I went there for lunch with two other co-workers. The inside of the restaurant is new, neat, and clean, with a comfortable setting. The lunch menu had quite a variety of choices, enough to make you want to come back and try another meal. Actually, however, none of us ordered from the menu. Instead, we each ordered the "Express lunch" (it was described to us by our server), which included a salad choice, an entrée choice, and a dessert choice - all for one price. It was a great deal! The food was ready quickly and everything was fresh and delicious. The servers were very friendly and attentive. I would recommend Trattoria Tiramisu for lunch and I will return sometime for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceJohnDined on 6/22/2013We enjoyed the food and atmosphere of this little store front BYOB in the heart of Newtown, PA. Nice selection and tasty desserts. We had soup and salad to start and after our main dish enjoyed the Tiramisu. It was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice ambienceFillyDined on 6/16/2013One in our party loved the veal parm. I loved the pasta fagoli, but I wasn't crazy about the chicken dish I got. Way too much butter was used to make the sauce. I actually couldn't finish it because of that. I would go back, but I would order something else. Nice ambience, too.Special Features:
- Suprisingly superb foodAzeemDined on 5/12/2013Looking at the sign and the menu in the window the place looks like a standard pizzeria, but inside the atmosphere is cozy, and the menu is authentic italian cuisine. Calimari was tender and lightly breaded, veal was flavorful and in generous portion, and the squid ink pasta was delicious. And as a BYO, prices were very reasonable. Must go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - No AtmospherekenandruthVIPDined on 5/10/2013The good news is that the food here is fantastic, whether chosen off the menu or from the creative and inventive specials offered. The bad news is that the lighting is much too bright and the sparsely decorated room seems to amplify sound, so the boisterous table of six impacts everyone else's evening. The laminated menus at the table and the stack of take-out menus that greet you as you walk in the door scream pizzeria, although the food is so superior to that. We hope this place finds its stride, adds some sound-deadening fabric to its decor and dims the lights a little, because the food is that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Banished to the Kids tableOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/10/2013We reserved on Open Table. When we arrived our party of three was banished to the back dining room, although there were tables upfront. We were all alone the entire meal, as if we had been banished to the kids' table in the basement. Our meals arrived 45 minutes after the salad course. Very uncomfortable long wait. The front "parents'" tables wasn't even 1/2 full, so the kitchen couldn't have been overwhelmed. The delay spoiled the entire evening! Our first time and likely our last. Our server was very attentive though.
- A Nice Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/4/2013Great tastes that came together very well. Don't miss the lamb meatballs over polenta or the spinach gnocchi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great New Find!deedorDined on 5/1/2013Shared lunch w friends at this trendy BYOB Italian on Stae St. in charming Newtown. Food was sooo delicious and the owner was most personable and willing to share cooking secrets with my ever curious friend. Calamari a real treat as was the bolognese sauce. We all want to retun for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal service & excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2013I've been here twice, and both times I was pleased with the quality of the homemade pastas. I've also tried two of their tiramisu options, and I find myself having random cravings for their classic version. (I wasn't as thrilled with the dulce de leche tiramisu; the coconut threw me off.) Lots of good choices on the menu to suit different moods and budgets; I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Trattoria TiramisuoutwithfriendsDined on 4/27/2013The food at Trattoria Tiramisu was truly delicious. We had dined there once before and the menu was more extensive at that time. It was before the grand opening and I think they were trying out some of the meals that didn't make it to the current menu. The chef is very talented and everyone at our table enjoyed their meal. My only complaint is that it is very loud when the restaurant is full. I don't know if there's much that can be done about that, but if you require a more quiet setting, I suggest dining earlier in the evening (our reservation was at 7:30). All in all, it's worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended, but has growing pains.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/27/2013Overall, we had a great meal, price was reasonable, and staff warm & friendly. Some growing pains to overcome: waitstaff is very young & inexperienced, the owner/manager seemed to be carrying most of the weight. Their back room appears to be delegated to larger parties of 4 or more. I wouldn't recommend sitting here. The room has low ceilings (with ceiling fan), bad acoustics, no windows, and track lighting turned to full power (not very romantic). The front of the restaurant is definitely better. I would not recommend their cappuchino, - very weak and no foam. We ordered 2 desserts - a cannoli and orange tiramisu. I highly recommend both and continue to dream about them. I also recommend their Bronzino, which was superb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. ThestmshopDined on 4/26/2013The food was very good. The waitstaff was very pleasant but they need more training.Special Features:
- Great food, abrupt waitressLucianoVIPDined on 4/25/2013Had a very good experience. Food was very tasty, good portions, very nicely presented, nice selection, fair prices. Owner introduced himself and circulated with enthusiasm. Suggestion: When the older waitress comes to a table she should begin by saying "Welcome to TT, my name is _____, I'll be your server, etc." Actually, she came to my table and began by saying "Here are the specials...." Could be much more welcoming. I loved the penne putanesca.Special Features:
- food was good well prepared.rockVIPDined on 4/21/2013food was good well prepared. They had trouble with the computer and we were not able to pay with a credit card,fortunate to have a check with us, in order to pay the bill.
- DO NOT EVEN BOTHEROpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Would give zero stars if that was an option. AWFUL AWFUL AWFULWaited 2 hours for food that NEVER arrived.We were part of a restaurant-wide walk out. The couple next to us was waiting 2.5 hours. NO ONE GOT FOOD!!!Not only did we NOT get any food, no one ever came to apologize, explain, nothing. We kept being told that the manager would come but never did.So no food, out money for a sitter. The way I see it I am owed a meal! However, I doubt this place will be in business long.
- Much ado about nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2013Well I'm not sure how to review this place, we were seated quickly upon arrival but then took awhile to be waited upon, which was understandable given that it was their grand opening and they were busy. Ordered our food and the appetizer came reasonably quickly and was fairly good. However everything fell apart then. First they came out 30 minutes later and said they had run out of the gnocchi's that my wife had ordered, OK not sure why it took that long to figure that out but she ordered something else. Then we sat and waited. And waited, and waited. an hour and a half later they were quite apologetic but could not commit to when our food would come out and that the cook was having "issues" in the kitchen. At that point we left.
- Good food, slow kitchen that nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013The kitchen was overwhelmed on this special 25% off opening night and it took 45 minutes to get our soup/salads and another 40 minutes to get our dinner. I hope this was due to "opening night". I will give them another try since I live nearby. The food was very good. I felt bad for the wait staff as it was obviously not their fault.Special Features:
- Don't want to bash this newhappydinerDined on 4/13/2013Don't want to bash this new place bc newtown needs some new places to go Place nice, atmosphere nice, table by alcove miseralble, owner noticed & apologized. Please train staff & stop giving them a hard time; nice, but clueless, 3 diff people tried to give us water but we ordered sparkling (which they then did not have) kept trying to take everything away, 50 minutes for antipasto, really? but it was very good. halfway thru, here comes the entrees & we had to help clear the app away to make room. Still thought we might come back, but then...amatriciano too spicy to eat and bolognese just fair, spag came w it supp to be linguini...spaghetti MUSHY! Staff nice but not trained that is owner's responsibility so don't yell at them!
- Food was decent, though thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2013Food was decent, though there is better Italian in Newtown for the same prices they charge. Service was little slow due to there only being one server, one hostess, and busser. We'll give them another try in a couple months once they've established themselves.Special Features: