1122 Ninth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.corduroydc.com/
- Phone: 2025890699x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday through Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Corduroy is available for private dining and receptions during the day and on Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Power, Chef/Owner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Corduroy offers two private rooms. One room can seat up to 16, the other can seat up to 24 and they can combine to seat 40. The entire restaurant can be made available for a sit down dinner for 100 or a cocktail reception for 200.
- Private Party Contact: Pete Poling 2025890699x
A word from Corduroy
Corduroy serves the best of the season with much of the restaurants produce coming from local farms. Corduroy is not handicapped accessible due to the historic nature of our building. No shorts are permitted.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Corduroy - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Corduroy reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (120)special occasion (116)romantic (80)notable wine list (65)neighborhood gem (65)good for groups (18)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent and SophistcatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Really lovely restaurant - a place that grown ups should try. Discreet service, very professional, excellent bar and the food is inventive but not trendy. This is the sort of restaurant that foodies like myself talk about with other foodies.Special Features:
- Great FoodAmbience needs attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/11/2014THE FOOD -My wife and I had a wonderful meal on Friday night , We both had the Tuna Entree , prepared Ahi style, was excellent! Salads were very creative and the Tuna Tartar was delightful. love the desserts ! THE WINE LIST - NOT SO GOOD - Only 3 white and reds by the glass . Many restaurants of this caliber offer more of a selection ( my wife likes white , I like reds ) Ambience- The restaurant needs operational attention , the ceiling above us was damaged , windows dirty , painting needed etc - a little back ground music would be welcomed . Bottom line , as a frequent DC high end diner , I would highly recommend Corduroy for the food , once they expand the wines by the glass selection and clean up the place , I'll be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/10/2014had the tasting menu - nice place, terrific service, excellent food but wine pairing so/so.Special Features:
- Intimate EveningTimDVIPDined on 7/9/2014My new husband and I celebrated our honeymoon dinner at Corduroy and it was AMAZING. We were treated to glasses of champagne upon our arrival and tried the 5-course chef's selections for our dinners. The food was outstanding. By far the absolute BEST meal we had in DC for our wedding week. Expensive, but well worth the cost. Trusting the chef is a must - he has an amazing ability to piece together such a wonderfully flavorful meal that shined throughout the entire dining experience. Servers were on top of their game and very professional in their presentations of the food. We loved it and will certainly return next time we're in DC. A gem of a restaurant in a not-so-nice looking neighborhood, but once you're inside, it's all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!tastemattersmostDined on 7/7/2014A buddy of mine was giving suggestions on restaurants for my anniversary dinner and he couldn't stop raving about Corduroy. I decided to give it a shot and the wife and I were thoroughly impressed. The waiter was informative and attentive without being overbearing. The ambiance was subdued without feeling sleepy and most importantly the food was absolutely amazing without being pretentious. The tuna tartar was one of the best things I've had in a very long time. A lot of places talk about letting the ingredients speak for themselves but very few places pull that off like Corduroy. I don't usually write reviews but I just had to share how awesome I think this place is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewerVIPDined on 7/5/2014I celebrated my birthday and a friend's at Corduroy which was on both of our bucket lists for "must do" restaurants. Corduroy lived up to its name. The service was seamless; ambiance was perfect and intimate; and the food was sensational-we both had salmon-was well cooked and presented. The restaurant topped off our dinner with mini-birthday desert plates with candles. Really sweet. Absolutely a totally wonderful experience.Special Features:
- We will returnVinoDined on 7/5/2014Surprising interior if one judges from the exterior of the restaurant. All for the better. Impeccable service. My tuna was out of this world, while my wife's Pork Tenderloin left much to be desired. The Tenderloin was removed from the bill. Heirloom tomato salad was wonderful and the cheese platter for my dessert was delicious. Very nice wine list as well and the server was very helpful in choosing a wine to go with both entrees. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Service ruins mealPhilVIPDined on 6/28/2014The waiter was rude and careless spilling water, beer and wine on table and diners. Service ruined good cuisine!
- YumlutetiaDined on 6/27/2014Delicious food. Try the tasting menu. And request that it include the tuna tartar, which is out of this world. Simply the best bite of food you'll ever have.Special Features:
- Fantastic for "Date Night"KellyTBDined on 6/24/2014My husband and I choose this restaurant due to recommendations from a coworker and positive reviews online. It is extremely convenient to those attending conferences at the DC Convention Center. The food was fantastic and the service impeccable. We opted to try the Chef's Five Course Tasting Menu and were very pleased with the selections served. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDavisfolksVIPDined on 6/23/2014Wonderful meal with exceptional service. I would return again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Resplendent!dne99Dined on 6/20/2014The five courses plus amuse-bouch were elegantly prepared and served, paired with wines that enhanced their exquisiteness, Certainly, on par with some of the best. Thanks to Sam for making our celebration special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealKsparicoVIPDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I celebrated our 9th anniversary here and had a great experience. The beet salad was fresh and delicous and the scallops and hen were out of this world. Sam was great in assisting us with a perfect Pinot Noir with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cjxxVIPDined on 6/17/2014Great food and drinks. The waitor was very knowledge about menu and ingredients for various food items which aided in selecting my dinner choice. Since I have food allergies, this was a huge help to ensure I was able to enjoy what I ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite and ConsistenBexleyVIPDined on 6/17/2014You can count on Corduroy for a sophisticated dining experience. I am very happy to have it in my neighborhood. The food was delicious, well prepared and nicely served. The service was just fine, appropriately attentive.Special Features:
- Corduroy - Great Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/17/2014Second visit to Corduroy, and it was excellent, again. The food was spectacular (Soft Shell Crab exquisite), and the wine list, while smallish, is perfectly suited for the fare from the kitchen. Service was flawless.Special Features:
- Great business dinnerWandaDined on 6/12/2014Everything was excellent except pork loin not well done and too pink in center Otherwise all 5 of us loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corduroy wears wellmatineeDined on 6/12/2014second visit, even better than the first. Come early like we did and get even better service and less noise. The menu was completely new and exciting. Our wait staff and the bar tender were all excellent. Had the Antelope. Divine. Only minor complaint is that parking isn't too easy around there. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo!Katwill5Dined on 6/11/2014We were a group of 7 celebrating my mother's 70th birthday. My husband and I dined here several times years ago, and were slightly apprehensive as to whether our celebration experience was going to live up to our memories. I'm delighted to report it did so and more! The service was excellent. Our server knowledgeable and helpful. The wine list was wonderful. Everyone in our group absolutely LOVED every course they ordered. Seriously, not one complaint. The menu was varied enough so that the meal/potatoes crowd and fish lovers were all delighted. The food was truly outstanding. We had an absolutely fabulous evening that will make us smile for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverFoodloverDined on 6/9/2014Had been there once before on business and thought it a great choice for a romantic dinner with my wife. EXCEEDED expectations on every front. Absolute best experience for well conceived food options, beautiful plating, and exceptional service. When in DC, will always try and go back. Outstanding!Special Features:
- Antelope+bread pudding...'nuff saidmginVIPDined on 6/7/2014Went here with a group of friends for a celebration. Dinner was awesome and the service was excellent. It's kind of nestled away between some houses so you have to keep an eye out for it. I was a particular fan of the antelope entree and pistachio bread pudding dessert. ...wear pants and real shoes, a friend of mine did not and regretted it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRZGRLVIPDined on 6/7/2014My husband & I were celebrating our anniversary; we had read about Corduroy. We chose the Chef's $70/pp tasting menu - the food was amazing & beautifully prepared. We had tuna tartare, a lump crab blitz, pork tenderloin & antelope. My only complaint was that our waiter said we could only have one exception (per table & not per person) to the tasting menu. I was skeptical to try the antelope but my husband really wanted it. I'm a foodie so I decided to give it a try; it was delicious. Had we been two friends dining together, it would have been nice for each of us to have had the option, if we chose to, to have that one exception to the tasting menu. Other than that, we loved our dinner and would absolutely recommend Corduroy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall - outstanding (says it all)dacwdcVIPDined on 6/6/2014I know there are a few bad reviews on here for Corduroy, but we didn't find any of the flaws they suggest. Every single staff person was easy, fun, a bit playful (even when I made bad jokes), and very helpful. The food was all excellent (as were the cocktails). It's expensive, but if you don't know that going in, shame on you. The drama free bottom line is - yes, it's all that it's cracked up to be.Special Features:
- Genuinely ExcellentcalebindianaDined on 6/5/2014We were visiting DC over our anniversary and decided on Corduroy. It was a first-class experience. We had the tasting menu which, for $70, provides 6 courses (five plus the amuse bouche soup). The courses were tasting sizes of things on the menu. The chef picks the courses, but we were allowed to request one thing from the menu that we could "guarantee" to be a choice. Each of us got two different desserts, so 4 in all. Our waiter was the "Chicago guy" you read about in the reviews and he was friendly and charming without being overbearing. He is a wine expert, but we each only had glasses of wine. I positively recommend Corduroy. $70 is fair for these courses and the food is high-quality and very well-prepared.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014We were made to feel very welcome and had a great meal.The staff went to a lot of trouble to explain the different courses and the food was all delicious.Special Features:
- Date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2014Took a lady here on a first date. Thought it was a little aggressive to go to such a nice place but the lady loved it. Our server, the guy with a thick Chicagoan accent, knocked it out of the park. He was funny and polite all at once. The food was incredible and we had good wine paired with it. I will be coming back. Many times more.Special Features:
- Perfect all aroundTMacVIPDined on 6/4/2014Highlights: antelope was superb, tuna starter excellent. Wonderful staff but didn't see a female employee (I always wonder why??).Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 6/3/2014Great service, delicious food! We had the grouper, which was perfection.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corduroy- loved it!PaulaK32Dined on 6/3/2014In town for a conference and a friend recommended Corduroy - as he knew I prefer local fresh healthy food. I was not disappointed! Sam provided excellent service; the food was great; and Sam's suggested wine pairings were perfect. I dined early in the evening and it was just me but I could see coming back for a romantic dinner with my sweetheart! The proximity of the restaurant to the National Mall served as an opportunity to take a DC tourist walk after dinner too!Special Features:
- very fancyDCistDined on 5/31/2014The humble exterior masks a beautiful, minimal interior. The menu is also minimal with fantastic entree's. Our first course was just OK. At our age (mid-twenties), we were the youngest party in there but it was a very private atmosphere - no one noticed. Great place for small, intimate outings. Would not recommend for groups larger than 4 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beDCdinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014We used to come here, and the food was really fantastic. Don't know what it was, but it now seems ordinary and a little rough around the edges - both from the way people were dressed to a tasting menu that was merely items off of the regular menu - nothing all that revelatory. It was good, but with so many other great restaurants in DC these days, we probably won't be heading back, which I'm sad about.
- Very well done all around.1whoeatsoutalotVIPDined on 5/30/2014Best wagu and bisque in entire city. Look forward to going back. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/28/2014Finally got to enjoy a dinner at this spectacular restaurant. Mark, our server, was terrific and helped us celebrate our anniversary well - food is fantastic, and just a wonderful experience. We will be back - especially to enjoy the neat bar upstairs - but also for dinner downstairs.Special Features:
- The following 1883 reviews are from the Corduroy reviews archive.
- foodie50Dined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Corduroys. The food was very good and the staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014My husband absolutely lived his dinner. Knocked his socks off, and he hadn't been wowed for a long time. Sounds good??? Well it would be except, my food was fair. Undercooked grits, scallops were good and cooked well but undercooked grits ruined it. Bread pudding underwhelming, actually quite bland. So overall, although one meal was good, the inconsistency would cause us to choose differently the next time. The service was fabulous, wait staff attentive and friendly.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Dinner was excellent. Our waiter was very helpful in assisting us to choose some very delicious dishes.Special Features:
- Another amazing mealStevefoVIPDined on 5/23/2014After an excellent first meal a couple months ago, my girlfriend and I started calling this our favorite restaurant. We couldn't wait for a second meal to see if it was as good as we remembered. On the night I proposed to my girlfriend, I wanted to commemorate the night by eating here, and the meal was amazing again. My fiancée says this is the best rare tuna in DC, having nailed the preparation twice! The antelope was very tasty and melts in your mouth. The food alone would have us raving, but the attentive service always tops off the experience.Special Features:
- Must try food!Luv2eatDined on 5/23/2014We went recently to celebrate a friends graduation and it was just perfect for the occasion. The food was very good and fun but not pretentious. As a foodie I get a little tired of the molecular machinations of every ingredient and so this was fairly simply prepared but interesting food. We had the antelope which they are known for and it was cooked perfectly rare as I requested. Lean but flavorful. We also had a lamb loin special that melted in your mouth. There was also a soft sell crab special that was Lightly fried and delicious. The service was the best o have had. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the food and made a wine recommendation that I will keep on my list of faves!Special Features:
- MemorableDeeDeeDined on 5/22/2014This was a wonderful dining experience where food and service were outstanding. Thank you Corduroy (and Mark) for making our special occasion memorable!Special Features:
- Still my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/22/2014For many reasons this continues to be my favorite restaurant in DC. Food is always wonderful and staff is amazing as well.Special Features: