Sierra Bonita Grill
6933 North 7th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85014Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Sierra Bonita Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sierrabonitagrill.com/
- Phone: 6022640700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Scottie Bissell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Sierra Bonita Catering can bring the great tastes of Sierra Bonita Grill to your home or business.
Contact Erin Weldon at 602-821-6124 or Julie Beer-Breuer at 602-570-0686 for more information about our catering possibilities.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room can serve up to 50 people and divided into two separate rooms.
Private Wine Room can seat up to 10.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Johnson 6022760700
A word from Sierra Bonita Grill
The Sierra Bonita Grill is named after the historic Sierra Bonita Ranch in South Eastern Arizona. Founded by Henry Hooker in 1872, the Sierra Bonita Ranch was known for it’s hospitality and innovative ranching methods. We would like to celebrate the spirit represented by Mr. Hooker and other pioneer ranches throughout Arizona with our restaurant and hope to continue the tradition of great food and hospitality. Our menu reflects the hearty cooking style of Southern Arizona ranches, many of which were started by Spanish and Mexican families. We will continue to explore the ongoing Mexican and Latin influences on this area’s culture and food. Patio seating available to accommodate 30 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Sierra Bonita Grill - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Sierra Bonita Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (14)romantic (8)great for brunch (8)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Fantastic MealThePetesDined on 6/7/2013My husband and I went to celebrate our 23rd anniversary on a recommendation from my brother. Wonderful food - I definitely recommend the Hopper's Poppers, a great time and fantastic service. Loved being able to set a reservation online, too.Special Features:
- Liked it so much we went twice!ArkieFoodieVIPDined on 6/5/2013I had been here before on a business dinner with colleagues, so when my husband and I were in Scottsdale on vacation, we made the extra effort to drive into Phoenix to eat at Pueblo Bonita. He was so glad we did -- he loved, loved, loved the green chili pork and said it was the best meal all week. My filet was good, but not great -- a little on the thin side for my taste. We went back the very next night to try the red and green enchiladas, and they were also excellent (and much cheaper than the night before!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good. ParkingRoamin2DineDined on 6/1/2013The food was good. Parking at the restaurant is difficult because you must enter the lot from 7th. Street only. The restaurant was warm making it difficult to totally enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- I love this place!Mtimes4Dined on 5/27/2013This was my fourth time to eat at the SBG and I have loved it every time. Each occasion was pretty different (girls happy hour, lunch with a friend, dinner with a friend, and lunch with the family) and the food has been great every time. On the last visit, I was a little disappointed to find that they were out of the soup I ordered (a menu standard) when our reservation was at the time they opened. What?? Oh well, I loved the soup I ended up with and will still go back. I really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch up lunch with my best friendlunchladies77Dined on 5/16/2013My best friend and i try to meet once a month for lunch to catch up with each other. We try different locations that are near her daughter's school so we can spend the maximum time together. When we arrived we were seated immediately and our server brought out our drinks right away too. We both decided quickly on what we wanted and the server returned quickly with our appetizer. We ordered Ceviche and the Azteca soup, both were outstanding. Our server kept our glasses full without interupting our private and somewhat intense conversation. She was kind, helpful, knowledgable and very nice all around. i would highly recommend Sierra Bonita to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLike2DineDined on 5/15/2013This is our seventh or eight time at the restaurant and would be more but it is across town. The food has a unique southwestern flair that works great, I recommend the Fundido & Chips to start or the Guacamole. Green Chile Pork, Carne Asada, or if you are hungry the Pork Osso Bucco. All top notch excellent. Moderate prices. Can't wait to get back.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodRichDined on 5/13/2013Food quality was very good. Quantity could be a bit better. They did not have white zin wine....Huh? A bar that runs out of white zin.....Not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestLoistinaDined on 5/12/2013We have been there several times & have taken friends & family. Every time the food never disappoints. The pork loin is my husbands favorite. I have had the fish & chicken dinners.. excellent.Special Features:
- Impressed out of towners!GobzafunVIPDined on 5/1/2013Had the specials and they were terrific. Company was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were 3 of us and weOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/21/2013There were 3 of us and we all had different dishes. I had the butternut squash soup ---it was fabulous. Their Mexican dishes are all delicious. We have been here many times and intend to continue going. The staff is very knowledgeble, friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Great Food! We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013We enjoyed our first visit to Sierra Bonita Grill and couldn't believe we hadn't been there before this! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful server,Mairin.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013We had a wonderful server,Mairin. She provided excellent service and also fixed an ice tea to go. The food was somewhat spicy for myself yet very tasty and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Again, one of the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants in Phoenix, and again, they proved themselves to be one of the best. We went there to celebrate a birthday at lunchtime. It was quieter than dinnertime there, and we enjoyed that. The service was excellent!Special Features:
- This was our third visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013This was our third visit and we enjoyed it again. The mushroom appetizer was way too salty but the entrees were perfection. The bread pudding dessert was phenomenal! The room was quite nosy making conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Delicious! Friendly helpful staff. Definitely am going back!Special Features:
- As usual the food was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013As usual the food was excellent, however for some reason the service was very slow. Ordered drinks at our table and it took 25 minutes to get them Must have been an off nightSpecial Features:
- Great food, good ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2013Great food, good ambiance, a little pricey for appetizers but meals price was good. Would recommend to go!!Special Features:
- Save room for dessert!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Family dinner (kids 7 & 9) while on vacation and kids are still talking about the dessert! No matter what else you get, make sure you try the buttermilk pie and the bread pudding - made with croissants (and no raisins!) Both desserts were some of the best we've ever eaten. I saw someone's mention of elote here on trip advisor and asked the server what it was. Basically, it's just the BEST corn on the cob you will ever taste!!! We ordered it as an appetizer (it's on the 'sides' menu) and were very pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Everything else we had was tasty as well - sangria, buttermilk chicken, the steak (not the tenderloin), and a salad with an interesting basalmic vinegarette. Also had the pork tenderloin which wasSpecial Features:
- I always enjoy the food &JoeyDined on 3/24/2013I always enjoy the food & service, but for a special event or celebrating it is the BEST ! Thanks JoeySpecial Features:
- Nothing I can say is especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Nothing I can say is especially great. Mediocre pretty much sums it up. Waiter did not really know the specials as he read them from notes by rote. Appetizer which we ordered was just chips with salsa and guacamole. The guacamole was not made at the table. Not sure it was freshly made. Had consistency of jar brands. Our entrees were okay. Waiter never checked if we needed or wanted more to drink. In Phoenix if you are tex mex you have mucho competition. You cannot be just okay.
- Great first night in PhoenixOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013It was our first night in Phoenix. The restaurant was very friendly and they sat us almost immediately. The food was wonderful (from steak, fish and cowboy stew for our table) and it was a nice way to start our trip in Phoenix where most of the restaurants seem to be franchises.Special Features:
- Sierra Bonita Grille is a favorite!RobbieDined on 3/15/2013On my third visit to the Sierra Bonita Grille, I was accompanied by a vegetarian and a very picky eater. My meat-free friend had an Ahi Tuna salad which he enjoyed, my picky friend stuck with a burger done precisely as she liked and I had the pork tenderloin which was tender, done medium rare (as i requested) and topped with a light, exquisite sauce. The guacamole appetizer was very tasty and, as our lovely server suggested, the bread pudding was the best I've ever had. The restaurant was crowded, but the noise level was never intrusive and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLoistinaDined on 3/10/2013We all enjoyed a delicious entree, Best pork ever said 2 guests. Though it was my BD & I had mentioned that on Opentable reserv... they did not acknowledge it at restaurant ;-(Special Features:
- Pass on byPHXfinedinerVIPDined on 3/9/2013The two of us went for the 1st time late afternoon on Saturday. There seemed to be no one in charge. We told 2 people of our OpenTable reservation, but neither recorded it. OpenTable did correct. The food was OK, but one can travel 9 blocks further east for a far superior meal. Just off the bar is what appears to be an old patio that has been enclosed. A bit drab. The young male waiter should perhaps think of working at McDonald's as his serving style would be more appropriate there. Would not return to this restaurant and recommend others avoid.
- The Hopper's Poppers are excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The Hopper's Poppers are excellent. Cowboy Stew is a awesome, but pricey.Special Features:
- Excellent food and cocktails!khazVIPDined on 2/27/2013Excellent food and cocktails! It was very difficult to hear eachother speak in our party of 4, because this place is so popular and always booked.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2013Great food and service. Our group all had fish entrees. Salmon special was beautifully prepared and presented. The fish tacos were great also.Special Features:
- Food choices were good. EveryoneGPfromPhoenixDined on 2/21/2013Food choices were good. Everyone in party of four was pleased with what they ordered. Service was good throughout the meal until after we paid the bill. We sat for a while visiting with friends who were in town for that one night. No one came back to the table once bill was paid to refill water or ask if we'd like anything else.Special Features:
- Funky casual place with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Funky casual place with excellent food. Not trendy or fancy, but I mean that in the best way.
- Disappointed DinerCindyVIPDined on 2/15/2013Service was very poor that evening. We had to request our water glasses to be filled several times. Our server, while very nice, didn't know very much about the menu or the wine list.
- Wonderful decor, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Wonderful decor, friendly wait staff, and great food!Special Features:
- We were in from Chicago forhinsdaleanVIPDined on 2/12/2013We were in from Chicago for a few days and came here our first night. We liked it so much we were back (skipping meeting banquet) again. Carne asada, fish tacos and bread pudding all outstanding.Special Features:
- We just went back to SierraOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2013We just went back to Sierra Bonita after several years, and the food was as delicious as ever. They still had our favorites on the menu--the guacamole and trio of salsas, and the buttermilk chicken--and their chips are among the best of the best. The swordfish special was delicious. The atmosphere is dark and cozy. It was intimate at first (we had a very early reservation) but then it got a bit too loud to call it a romantic environment, and we were on the opposite side of the building from the bar. The service was decent--but based on the pricing of menu items I expect friendlier service to really be able to call this a special occasion place. Delicious, fresh, Southwestern food.Special Features:
- osso Bucco was great as wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2013osso Bucco was great as was the whiskey bread pudding
- Sierra Bonita is a local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Sierra Bonita is a local favorite and a great mix of Southwestern Cuisine and Mexican dishes. We have never been disappointed with the food or the service. They now have valet parking due to limited parking for patrons, which is a pain, but the food is worth the walk from nearby streets.Special Features:
- Love this place! Nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2013Love this place! Nice atmosphere - a littel loud acousticall but you can get a quiet boot. We usually have a great meal here, it's one of our "go-to"s when we visit Phoenix. Although I wouldn't call it "kid firendly", we've manged to make it work with our son from age 4- now 9! They are willing to fix kid food when requested. Love the place.Special Features:
- Great find!MoCookeeDined on 1/31/2013Have been wanting to dine at this restaurant for a while and we thoroughly enjoyed the meal, the ambience, and the decor. We are already planning to visit again soon. The menu was not large but had a varied selection. The staff was great, was very attentive to our needs and were willing to inform us of the specials and answer our questions on the menu items. Highly recommend this great restaurant.Special Features:
- Service was very good, andFabulousDined on 1/27/2013Service was very good, and helpful. Food was above average. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Recently with the Chef changeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/21/2013Recently with the Chef change the Food and daily specials are great !Special Features:
- Truly a Neighborhood Gem...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Sierra Bonita Grill is truly a neighborhood gem. We go there a couple time a month and it is just spectacular every time.Special Features: