Sierra Bonita Grill
6933 North 7th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85014Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Sierra Bonita Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sierrabonitagrill.com/
- Phone: 6022640700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Scottie Bissell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Sierra Bonita Catering can bring the great tastes of Sierra Bonita Grill to your home or business.
Contact Erin Weldon at 602-821-6124 or Julie Beer-Breuer at 602-570-0686 for more information about our catering possibilities.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room can serve up to 50 people and divided into two separate rooms.
Private Wine Room can seat up to 10.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Johnson 6022760700
A word from Sierra Bonita Grill
The Sierra Bonita Grill is named after the historic Sierra Bonita Ranch in South Eastern Arizona. Founded by Henry Hooker in 1872, the Sierra Bonita Ranch was known for it’s hospitality and innovative ranching methods. We would like to celebrate the spirit represented by Mr. Hooker and other pioneer ranches throughout Arizona with our restaurant and hope to continue the tradition of great food and hospitality. Our menu reflects the hearty cooking style of Southern Arizona ranches, many of which were started by Spanish and Mexican families. We will continue to explore the ongoing Mexican and Latin influences on this area’s culture and food. Patio seating available to accommodate 30 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Sierra Bonita Grill - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Sierra Bonita Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (15)special occasion (10)romantic (6)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- This is a great comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2009This is a great comfortable eatery. I go here approximately 2-3 month and have taken my staff here for Christmas lunch. The food is always great.Special Features:
- Other than trying to findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2009Other than trying to find a place to park, the whole evening was a pleasant experience and a definite return engagement on our next trip to Phoenix. Really glad we made a reservation, as the wait list was at least a half hour, which speaks well for this establishment.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and wait staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/6/2009Wonderful food and wait staff. Check out the newly completed party room for larger private dinners, or the new wine room! Both a fabulous addition. Well done!Special Features:
- Sierra Bonita was a rare findOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/1/2009Sierra Bonita was a rare find on a recent weekend trip to Phoenix. The casual atmosphere belied a menu that included uniquely original fare -- the lamb was outstanding! Service was excellent. The outdoor seating, while providing an open-air experience, was on the street with no special view or ambience. I would recommend indoor seating.Special Features:
- My wife and I dined here thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009My wife and I dined here this last Valentine's, and the restaurant alone made it a memorable evening. In fact, my wife said that she would always remember this night. The atmosphere ranged from lively upstairs to cozy and romantic downstairs. The crowed veered towards the mature side, with younger couples scattered throughout. The food was excellent - the Pecan Crusted Rainbow Trout was amazing. Their sangria is a must try, as is the Mexican Chocolate Torte. Our waiter was very professional - attentive without being overbearing, and ready with what turned out to be an excellent suggestion when asked.Special Features:
- I brought out-of-town guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2009I brought out-of-town guests with me and I was a bit disappointed in the food and in the service. I had been one time before and both had been exceptional. The waiter was competent, although not friendly at all. He gave us no welcome, very little time to review the menu before he began asking us if we were ready to order and gave us no "specials" or recommendations. I don't believe he even checked back once the food came to see how everything was. One of my friends said the pasta she had was excellent. The cheddar burger that my other friend and I had was certainly large, but other than that, was pretty run-of-the-mill. I will give it another try before giving up. The online reservation process was very helpful and seamless.Special Features:
- All 4 of us enjoyed the meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2009All 4 of us enjoyed the meal. My steak was exceptional.Not having to ask for water with lemon was also nice.Special Features:
- WOW. Our waitress was great,smkarizonaVIPDined on 1/15/2009WOW. Our waitress was great, allowing us plenty of time to chat before ordering and we never felt rushed. The food was awesome...the Azteca soup is terrific, and the burgers are to die for!Special Features:
- We've eaten her a number ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2008We've eaten her a number of times. Service is spotty, perhaps they need better training. Anyway, we always enjoy the food.
- It's wonderful to now haveJohnnyMacVIPDined on 9/5/2008It's wonderful to now have a Tucson-style Southwestern restaurant in Phoenix. Finally, some interesting and unique Mexican-inspired food comes to Phoenix!Special Features:
- Great place to fuel up beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/1/2008Great place to fuel up before hitting Sky Harbor Airport before a long flight east!Special Features:
- This is one of our very favoriteAndreaKPhoenixDined on 8/18/2008This is one of our very favorite restaurants. We are always pleased with our food, drinks and service.Special Features:
- I think this would make aBobrDined on 8/2/2008I think this would make a great Social Dinner Club outing.Special Features:
- We had a terrific dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008We had a terrific dinner at Sierra Bonita Grill. The food was outstanding and the smell of the grill as you walked in the building was delicious itself. We started by splitting a Chuckwagon salad which had some outstanding spiced pecans and a warm bacon dressing. For our meals, I had the Carne Asada which was like butter and my husband had the tasty and tender roasted pork. Our server was a handsome young man - as were all the servers - and he was very attentive and kept the iced tea glasses full. The lighting and decor were very inviting and the noise was not so that we couldn't hold a converstation. We had a fantastic time and will definitely go back! Right now, however, we are enjoying it as "our little find".Special Features:
- It was a good night and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2008It was a good night and the restaurant is great. Though there was the note to the establishment on whether this was a special evening, so I thought they might do something nice and bring something out for my mother's birthday. Had that option not been on Open Table I wouldn't have thought about it all.Special Features:
- This is an excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2008This is an excellent restaurant we have visited often over the years. The main problem we experienced was the noise level. We had two extremely loud tables surrounding us and could hardly hold a conversation with our guests. I had even requested a quiet table so it was very frustrating. We were seated in the Rose Mofford booth which should have been a perfectly quiet spot. I realize people's behavior cannot be controlled by the restaurant, but this is the second time we have experienced this.Special Features:
- Lamb special was delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2008Lamb special was delicious, although a bit small for the price. Table was directly under an A/C vent (oddly, pointed straight down), so one member of the party had a strong draft directed at her head for the entirety of the meal. Acoustics were horrible; restaurant wasn't very busy, but conversation from across the room could be heard clearly and loudly. Service was fair; doubtful we'll return.
- We enjoyed a really wonderfulwinstongal72VIPDined on 7/11/2008We enjoyed a really wonderful meal at the Sierra Bonita Grill...I loved everything we tried, from the pear & goat cheese appetizer to the pasta and brisket for entrees! The service was great, just wished it wasn't quite so loud. In all, a lot of things on the menu to keep us coming back - which we will, a lot.Special Features:
- We go to Sierra Bonita oftenAndreaKPhoenixDined on 7/2/2008We go to Sierra Bonita often and have never been disappointed. We love the vibrant atmosphere and the food is always excellent. We are so happy we found this delightful place.Special Features:
- Carne Asada to die for, asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2008Carne Asada to die for, as was the Chicken pasta dish! Very enjoyable dining experience. Oh, the guac was incredible as well!Special Features:
- Our late afternoon reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2008Our late afternoon reservation brought us to a nearly empty parking lot. It was Father's Day and we were surprised at the lack of traffic. Promptly seated and drinks order taken. House margaritas were unremarkable, but well tequila'd. Menu was adequate with interesting Southwestern assortment. Side salads were pedestrian, but fresh and crispy lettuce mix. The large shrimp appetizer was a spicy treat and highly recommended. Main courses of chicken stuffed with cheeses and spicy pork (New Mexican style) were simply delicious!!! Service was unobtrusive and able. Only real complaint is that staff seated a 10 top with screaming babies right next to us in a nearly empty restaurant. Manager did ask offer to retable us. Rate 3.5 stars.Special Features:
- I had the Steelhead salmonKriegfeldVIPDined on 6/14/2008I had the Steelhead salmon & the only complaint I had about it was the spinach salad that was a side item was very salty. Since I am on a limited salt diet, I did not eat much of that item.Special Features:
- This was a really, reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2008This was a really, really great dining experience. My husband and I enjoyed the food and ambiance at Sierra Bonita Grill! This was our first time to this restaurant and it was fantastic. The food was wonderful and the service was very friendly. A really good restaurant!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time samplingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008We had a wonderful time sampling various dishes - the guacamole was as advertised (the best in Phx), the ceviche was heavenly, the sangria devine. Sierra Bonita Grill is a real find!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2008We had a wonderful meal at Sierra Bonita Grill. We had drinks in the bar, as we arrived quite early for our reservation time. I enjoyed one of the best margaritas I've had in a very long time. We chose to try a few of the appetizers, as we were really in the mood for just a light meal. We had the guacamole, the mahi tacos, and the carne asada tacos. All were wonderful. The taco appetizers came with two full sized tacos and were more than enough for a meal. Service was prompt, friendly, and personable while not being overbearing. I highly recommend Sierra Bonita Grill.Special Features:
- My first introduction to SierraOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008My first introduction to Sierra Bonita was thru a friend. We shared an entree -- it was delicious. Later a couple of co-workers and I met there for dinner two or three times. I told my mother about it and she asked to go. Since her first trip there for Saturday lunch, we've been back several times. We've recommended the restaurant to various friends. Sierra Bonita Grill has become one of my favorite places to eat. I love all your foods -- you're green corn tamale tastes the closest to what my mother used to make. The wonderful sauce with it made it even better. In fact I love all the sauces I've tastedSpecial Features:
- We have enjoyed Sierra BonitaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2008We have enjoyed Sierra Bonita Grill many times in the past but using Open Table for reservations is a first. Great service. We love the restaurant and we go at least once a month. Already this month we have been twice for lunch during the week and once on Saturday. We have recommended the restaurant to everyone we come in contact with and that includes many business acquaintances. We also love the attention we get from the staff. Parking is a challenge as more and more people find out about the restaurant but that does not discourage us from attending.Special Features:
- We love this place becauseMaryAnnVIPDined on 5/2/2008We love this place because there is always that satisfies from a hamburger or enchiladas to fancy seafood and meat. It's our favorite weekend stop because it's consistently good. The specials are imaginative and delicious. Keep it up!! We find it much more enjoyable than the Phoenix City Grill, even though the atmosphere there is quieter.Special Features:
- The location is less thanCleoBVIPDined on 5/2/2008The location is less than desirable (near busy intersection) but the food was wonderful. As long as you don't need ambience in the surrounding locale, it's fine.Special Features:
- Tends to be a noisy busy place,barkerdogDined on 4/25/2008Tends to be a noisy busy place, but excellent food, reasonable prices. Not just your usual mexican fare.Special Features:
- My wife and I spent a totalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008My wife and I spent a total of 4 weeks in the Scottsdale area and ate out most of the time. This was the best meal we had. The buttermilk chicken was the best chicken dish I've ever eaten. Our server, Matt was great.Special Features:
- The food has PLENTY of cilantro.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008The food has PLENTY of cilantro. Side dish arrived cold but they reheated with no problem and compensated with free dessert. Red snapper entree was incredible. Carne asada was inconsistent - some pieces overcooked, some perfect. Might try it one more time.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2008Wonderful neighborhood restaurant, great staff, excellent food!Special Features:
- We loved Sierra Bonita andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008We loved Sierra Bonita and especially liked the hostess Julie who recognized me - from a store where she also works - and made us feel particularly welcome. She is a great asset to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Some of the food items wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008Some of the food items were overpriced. The menu seemed limited. The wait staff more interested in flirting with the hostess than being timely at the table. Probably won't go back again and would not go out of our way to recommend this restaurant. We like Phoenix City Grille but Sierra Bonita Grill not so much.
- Sierra Bonita has been a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2008Sierra Bonita has been a nice addition to our neighborhood. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features: