NoPa Kitchen + Bar
800 F St. NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NoPa Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nopadc.com/
- Phone: 2023474667x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Wednesday 11:30am-10:30pm
Thursday- Friday 11:30am-11:00pm
Sunday 11am- 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Greg McCarty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Special Events: Join us for Happy Hour Monday- Friday from 4:30pm-6:30pm. All drinks are 20% off!
A word from NoPa Kitchen + Bar
nopa Kitchen + Bar, a new 160 seat American brasserie in the heart of the Penn Quarter. This is the award-winning restaurateur's eighth restaurant in the nation's capitol and it serves American fare with French and Asian influences. The restaurant offers lively dining in the main dining room, and also offers quieter dining options and several private dining rooms. The name represents nopa's location just north of Pennsylvania Avenue and it welcomes guests for lunch and dinner, and Sunday brunch. Our newly launched brunch is served from 11am-3pm on Sunday, order a la carte or partake in our Champagne Brunch- any two courses with infinite mimosas for $30!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NoPa Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (124)special occasion (77)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (53)romantic (53)great for lunch (50)great for brunch (37)vibrant bar scene (35)notable wine list (32)scenic view (21)hot spot (20)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Lovely brunchaemirfaDined on 7/27/2014I ended up ordering dessert for brunch and was not disappointed. The Wonut was super sweet, but delicious. The other members of my party also had very good brunch dishes. There was a table in the room we were sitting that was very loud, rude.. which took away from our meal, but not really something the restaurant could control. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!DineNwineGal87Dined on 7/26/2014My friends absolutely loved it and definitely had great customer service from the waiter. The food was outstanding and the wine was delicious . Def recommend for groups and people aren't wrong when it comes to the 'best dessert in DC' !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Fromm top to bottom terrific, cant wait to return. The food exceeded my expectations,I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularoldiebutgoodieDined on 7/25/2014Nopa continues to improve like a fine wine. The food, is always very good but tonight it was wonderful, the melon salad was bright and fresh without being too sweet and the salmon was warm and cozy. Our server Noel was friendly and fun. Nopa was just what the doctor ordered, relaxing a fun but still hit on all the points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettermartyrDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful visit in May and wanted to see if our memory served us right and it did and more. We dined next to a very colorful gentleman who ran the staff and managers too death, and they seemed to enjoy it. Cole was gracious and attentive without being overbearing. I had the Hake for Dinner and my wife had the pork chop and both were just wonderful flavorful but still appropriate for summer. The cherry pies were as always out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningFormerFedVIPDined on 7/24/2014The film of "The Curious Incident..." was going to last 160 minutes, so we dined before going to Harman Hall instead of after as we usually do. We each got a couple starters. My Barley-Quinoa salad and Country Pate and her Beet Salad and Gnocchi were delicious. She got a cheese plate and order of Madelines to go for dessert. The Barstow to Vegas and Hibiscus Pisco Sour cocktails were very tasty. Service was attentive and friendly. We will return to NoPA.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine but not good enoughBirdieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Everything was fine. But not good enough. There's too much competition now; it needs to be better. It's too bad because the space is very pleasant and the bar is very very nice.
- AWESOMEBeccaDined on 7/20/2014Our server - he was very attentive, filled our glasses whenever it reached halfway down to the glass (we got the $30 unlimited mimosa/sparking wine brunch). He didn't rush us - he let us enjoy our time and food. I can't recall his name though...but I do remember him saying "I see that the magic has happened here, would you like for me to bring anything else?" - service was awesome! He deserves an award. THANK YOU. The benedict and the bluefish pate....they definitely do not skimp on the portions! I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Incredible place...HamiltonianDined on 7/18/2014My girlfriend and I met the executive chef, Greg, at the Washingtonian Best-of Party. We loved talking with him and decided we had to check this place out. Overall it was totally worth it! If you go, make sure to try the Gnocchi, it blew my mind!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/16/2014Great food excellent service. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service, kitchen's faultNicknameVIPDined on 7/15/2014Food lackluster, servers tried best to recover but won't be back.
- WowgeorgieporgyDined on 7/11/2014We had yet another fantastic meal at Nopa, The menu has changed a lot since our last visit, I had the gnocchi and the trout and they were exactly what the doctor ordered, our server a young latino was awesome (sorry I don't remember his name). All in all another great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!EastCoastGuyVIPDined on 7/11/2014We made this reservation for three at the last minute on Friday, and I wasn't sure what to expect since several restaurants in that area are big and uninteresting for me. We lucked out... Got an 8 pm Rez and were immediately seated along the windows near the bar with an excellent view of the street below. All of the food items (shortrib, gnocchi, seabass, brick chicken) were terrific. Our friend also ordered the "Tiny Bubbles" cocktail and fell in love with it. Service was excellent and helpful. We were also able to enjoy the vibrancy of the scene and still hold a conversation among us. This was a terrific experience, and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - inadequate serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was very good and we really enjoyed our meal. The big problem was our server. He would take an order then disappear. He would go missing for long periods of time which made the evening drag. The only time he was fast was to return the credit card charge. In the restaurants defense when I spoke to a manager upon leaving he did apologize and gave us a nice gift card to return but that doesn't repair a botched night out.
- Go for the wonderful service!FairDCVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food is great, but the service is amazing. Everyone at Nopa is welcoming and makes you feel like their only customer! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience all around!cpfoodieDined on 7/10/2014I needed a good spot for a business lunch and decided to try NoPa. I was very pleasantly surprise by the restaurant's delightful atmosphere and diverse menu. The Barley & Quinoa Salad, Orange Vinaigrette, Pine Nuts, Dried Cherries was fresh, light and bursting with flavor. The Glazed Vegetable Pastiche was equally amazing, as were the Crispy Brussels Sprouts. Although the restaurant was fully occupied, they were strategic in their table placement, which allowed each table to have a private, quite conversation. I'm looking forward to going back for a nice romantic dinner and Sunday brunch. The service was also superb. I'm looking forward to returning to try their dinner and Sunday brunch menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchwendfishVIPDined on 7/9/2014My boss brought me here for my birthday lunch (I wanted to try someplace I'd never been). The service was so-so: our 1st server asked us if we had questions, but then said something about not being our actual waiter, then got another one. That one couldn't seem to answer all our questions & had to read from his notes when asked about specials &ingredients, though he made a point of telling us he'd worked there for years! Food was AMAZING, though! Hatami tartar & seabass! Yum! And their rolls are YUMMY! hey didn't do anything special for my b-day (other reviewers said they did), but that was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtiahcDined on 7/7/2014try the private dining room at the back - really cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved AylicetheebrownieeeVIPDined on 7/6/2014Our waiter Aylice mad our brunch experience I would gladly dine again with her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fhoopsDined on 7/5/2014Food was fantastic -- don't miss the sea bass! Service was impecable as well. We got there a half hour before our reservation and they welcomed us and seated us before the rest of our party arrived.Special Features:
- A wonderful evening ...JohnNPaulDined on 7/5/2014We had a 6:00 pm reservation, but likely didn't need one for that hour. There were several other tables seated, but we easily could have walked in and been seated promptly. Our server was very attentive and offered great suggestions. We opted for the three course menu option and couldn't have chosen better. Each appetizer, entrée and dessert turned out to be a gastronomic delight. We weren't expecting that level of an experience, but were pleasantly surprised. This is a place we will be returning to on our own as well as when we have company in town. Unique, clean, comfortable, service oriented, and conveniently located near Metro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, easy.CharDined on 7/4/2014We had a delicious meal with good service and comfortable surroundings. Cocktails were great.Special Features:
- Good, not greatMarkVIPDined on 7/2/2014I had Chilean sea bass. Nicely done but not "knock your socks off" good. Ditto, the wine by the glass list. My bottom line: Probably a reasonably good choice but there are much better restaurants nearby.
- Great food and serviceAMG22Dined on 7/1/2014I was there for their tomato menu and was very impressed. Definitely would recommend!Special Features:
- Better than good, not excellentallyVIPDined on 6/29/2014Came in on a whim on a Sunday. Well, let me say, after moving to the area from the suburbs, I was surprised so many restaurants were dead on a Sunday! Started out at the bar and was mixed a great cocktail. When we were seated, we had great service and good food. I totally went for the steak frites. My steak was prepared perfectly, although it was a little salty for my liking. The frites were delicious and crispy, not as salty, but i was bummed when I asked for frite sauce and none was provided, let alone known about ... please add! I love arugula and the salad was fresh with a great dressing. My boyfriend loved his meal! Absolutely loved the decor and the inside of the restaurant. definitely want to go back to try again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2014Noisier than I thought it would be given that the restaurant wasn't crowded. Tables are nicely spaced, but the ceiling could probably use some sound-proofing.Special Features:
- Sandler910Dined on 6/28/2014I live in Cleveland Park and enjoy Ardeo/Bardeo, so I was excited to try NoPa. We went for a friend's birthday, and they brought us special menus that said "Happy Birthday", which was a lovely touch. Overall, the menu was nice. I had Chilean Sea Bass, and started with the the Lamb Gnocchi, both of which were tasty. The biggest issue we had was the service. We ordered drinks before dinner, and we didn't get them until well after we were into our meal. They didn't appear to be busy, so I am not sure if they were short staffed, but we were a bit disappointed that we needed to remind the waiter for a drink. I would probably return, but it wouldn't be my first choice in DC.Special Features:
- Great experience!HomerDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I spent a delightful evening at NoPa on June 26, 2014. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding (soft shell crab, tenderloin steak, sea bass, and red velvet desert). Additionally we received wonderful service from the beverage manager (sommelier), Jesse, who helped select the perfect wine for our dinners.Special Features:
- Pre-theater delight, great serviceDiningDuoVIPDined on 6/26/2014This was our 3rd or 4th visit, but our first doing a full dinner in the main dining room, and we were not disappointed. The food was quite good, we enjoyed the beef short-ribs and the sea bass, each paired with perfect sides, and wish we had made time for appetizers. The menu is interesting, as are the wine-by-the-glass options, and we look forward to trying more. What sets many restaurants apart for me is the service, and here it is outstanding -- attentive without being intrusive, knowledgeable, helpful, highly professional, and enthusiastic. A very enjoyable experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightKapparty123Dined on 6/25/2014I went here for the first time this past Wednesday night with a girl friend. The place was very nice inside and the service was great. Super friendly staff. Nice vibe. The food is unique and everything we got was delicious (soft shell crab appetizer, hake and steak). The cocktails were perfect too (we got the manhattan and an old fashioned). Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Enjoyed ItSadieDined on 6/25/2014Good food, good service, nice bar, convenient valet, and nice theater fare. We will be back.Special Features:
- Return visitbillyboyVIPDined on 6/24/2014We had been at NOPA soon after its opening and were not happy. On this, our first return, we were delighted with everything: the food, the ambience, the service, the wines, etc. Congratulations. Another winner for the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaidoftheMistDined on 6/22/2014The ambience and food were very good. Service was attentive and helpful. Overall a very nice spot for dinner!Special Features:
- Fun bar, good food, great serviceWinegirlVIPDined on 6/22/2014Bar has a fantastic selection of small batch bourbons and other hard to find spirits. Creative and tasty cocktail list. Service in the bar and dining room is top-notch. Menu has a nice variety of items and everything was very good. Fair warning: the Croque Madame is HUGE. I made the mistake of ordering it thinking I was ordering something relatively light. Not so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2014Sea bass was very tasty. Mushroom side was lacking in flavor - so would suggest sticking with the entrees.Special Features:
- Birthday done right!KnockoutDined on 6/21/2014I took my wife here for her birthday, and it was our first time at Nopa. Having to decide between the many good restaurants in DC, we could not have been any happier with our decision. From the amazing food to the great service topped with the best overall atmosphere of a restaurant in the city, we enjoyed all 120 minutes at Nopa. We are already planning to go back for lunch and dinner and bringing our friends along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014We sampled drinks, salads , appetizers, entrees and desserts and there wasn't a low point among them. Everything was interesting, tasty and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Safe betRickVIPDined on 6/18/2014Invited an out of town guest to dinner here. Food has always been good, with something on the menu for just about anyone. Good location and valet parking make it an easy place for dinner from any of the downtown hotels. Our server was personable and able to answer our questions. Good values for downtown. My wife's salmon was warm at best. They asked, we told them, but no one offered to do anything to make it right. Desserts were wonderful and the highlight of the evening. Save room, They are a must.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch spotDowntownerDined on 6/15/2014The brunch menu is limited but really excellent. Golden beet soup was flavorful and great compliment to the ceasar salad for a vegetarian option. The rest of my guests had the croque monsieur or croque madame - the portions were very generous and the ham was especially delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2014Dinner at Nopa is always a pleasure. I am sorry that the skate is no longer on the menu, but my hanger steak was delicious, and the gnocchi were unbelievably rich and tasty. Standards are high and consistency is maintained. The wait staff are very courteous without being officious, or overly friendly. A favorite dinning spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.