NoPa Kitchen + Bar
800 F St. NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NoPa Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nopadc.com/
- Phone: 2023474667x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Wednesday 11:30am-10:30pm
Thursday- Friday 11:30am-11:00pm
Sunday 11am- 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Greg McCarty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for Happy Hour Monday- Friday from 4:30pm-6:30pm. All drinks are 20% off!
A word from NoPa Kitchen + Bar
nopa Kitchen + Bar, a new 160 seat American brasserie in the heart of the Penn Quarter. This is the award-winning restaurateur's eighth restaurant in the nation's capitol and it serves American fare with French and Asian influences. The restaurant offers lively dining in the main dining room, and also offers quieter dining options and several private dining rooms. The name represents nopa's location just north of Pennsylvania Avenue and it welcomes guests for lunch and dinner, and Sunday brunch. Our newly launched brunch is served from 11am-3pm on Sunday, order a la carte or partake in our Champagne Brunch- any two courses with infinite mimosas for $30!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NoPa Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
225 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (120)special occasion (69)good for groups (64)neighborhood gem (60)romantic (54)great for lunch (50)great for brunch (38)vibrant bar scene (38)notable wine list (35)hot spot (30)scenic view (22)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Good Restaurant Week LunchGinaEatsDined on 8/14/2014Good lunch menu choices for DC Restaurant Week. The succotash was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Our waitress was great and extremly tentive. The food was good, there could be better first course dishes though. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandraKDined on 8/13/2014We went for lunch during restaurant week. The food was delicious, the service excellent, and ambience lovely. I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BURGER LOVE!DebbiedoesdctooVIPDined on 8/13/2014Dang that was a great hamburger! Really outstanding. Yummy. Will definitely come back again and again.Special Features:
- TastydcdowntownbusinessluncherDined on 8/13/2014We were there for Restaurant Week - good time to taste the food (Which was yummy) but not the ideal time to get the true feel for the ambiance or service. We will definitely be back in the fall to check it out again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deal!aliasykoDined on 8/13/2014Good lunch restaurant deal!! Very good food, totally worth it. only thing was service was slow... we were there too long.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty meal, great ambianceGoodfoodhappyheartDined on 8/12/2014The first two courses were delicious, although the dessert was slightly disappointing. Friendly, quick service and great ambiance though. I would go back and would recommend to others!Special Features:
- Great ExpectationsJenn25Dined on 8/12/2014Tuesday, my coworkers and I dined here for restaurant week. The food was great. We had the burger and wheat berry. Both of my coworkers enjoyed their meals. The complimentary bread was so good, that we ordered a second basket. Later that night on the train ride home, I was still reminiscing about lunch. I can't wait to revisit NoPa. In essence, the food and service was great.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicejj13Dined on 8/12/2014My friend and I had lunch here over restaurant week and thought it was fabulous. The food was delicious and perfectly prepared and the wait staff was very friendly. Overall a very good experience and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ServiceearsiemDined on 8/11/2014Food was fantastic. Contemporary versions of classic food, not too modern, not tired. My steak was delicious and cooked perfectly, the carrot puree was amazing. My date’s chop was also perfect and mostarda delicious. The gnocchi had a surprising kick and is a must try. Dessert was great; the creaminess of the Pistachio pot-au-crème was perfect, although coloring really not needed. The food was topped by the service. Wish I could remember our waiter’s name; he was funny/friendly without trying too hard. A slight faux pas was my gnocchi coming before my date’s app and the time from apps to entrees. I was there on the first night of restaurant week so I can overlook some timing missteps. Overall a place I would happily return.
- outstanding!INGLDined on 8/11/2014The food and the service were outstanding. Looking forward to visiting soon.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014Had a very good work lunch during restaurant week. Great options and portion sizes = great value. Service was quick and attentive. Most importantly the food was very good. We had salads and gazpacho for starters, which everyone liked. Three of us chose the salmon main course, and it was delicious and a generous portion. We each had a different dessert, which were all good (and quite big). Will definitely keep NOPA on my work lunch rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarleyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Slow, inattentive service spoiled any chances of a positive review.
- Delicious Tomato menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014I came to NoPa on a birthday gift, for a tasting menu for 2. I really would've enjoyed the whole thing a little more, had I not been so full from my lunch. Make sure you are hungry when you go to NoPa! I really enjoyed the ambiance, the seating was perfect, and people were flowing in. The location is great if you want to visit many DC historic/touristy spots. My only negative thing doesn't really have to do with the restaurant itself. The waiter... although he was perfect (other than not knowing was some of the items/ingredients were), the cigarette odor on him was so strong that it made me lose my appetite even more. His habit also probably prevented him from being able to tell that the goat milk ice cream indeed tastes like goat milk.Special Features:
- Great experienceDJSWashDCDined on 8/8/2014The service and the food were outstanding. Not only was the server attentive, he made some excellent menu suggestions, kept our drinks filled and was not at all impatient when we extended our lunch over nearly 2 hours.Special Features:
- tcptgsDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food and service. This is also a pleasant spot, with tables looking out large windows across the street to the National Portrait Gallery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a smokin deal!Food123VIPDined on 8/3/2014I went with my family for Sunday brunch. They offered bottomless sparkling wine or mimosa plus an appetizer and entree for $30. I had the caeser salad and the Amish chicken. The caeser was slightly over dressed and had a little too much horseradish but the chicken was super delish! All 6 us really had a great time and really enjoyed the food. I'd say definitely give it a go!Special Features:
- LindseyDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our dinnera t Nopa very much! We visited with the Livingsocial Tomatoe menu coupon, and were pleasantly surprised. The creativity of the chef was obvious, as tomatoes were well incorporated into every course of the meal, including dessert, in a tasteful way. We will be returning to check out the larger menu option!Special Features:
- PhenomenalBirthdayBashDined on 8/2/2014Our kids purchased dinner for us as an Anniversary gift at NoPa. What an enjoyable evening. The service and food were exceptional. Each dish having its own unique flavors prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bang on the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014These guys were the best. I'd been to Nopa once before, invited by a friend, when I was new to the city. I was wracking my brains for somewhere nice to take my mom for her birthday (a cool young mom, FYI) and was delighted to find I actually remembered the name of this place. I remembered it as being nice (mainly in terms of the food) but I was doubly impressed upon returning. The food was superb though I think the best thing about our evening was Cole, our waiter. He had the loveliest manner: so knowledgable, helpful, elegant, and genuinely friendly. Also great maitre d', Nadeem. They went to great trouble when I mentioned it was Mom's birthday (offering us an exquisite dessert on the house). Food overall very high standardSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!CraigVIPDined on 7/27/2014Had dinner in the bar area, couldn't have been better. Maria recommended the Hake which was very, very good. Had brussel sprouts as a side, very good also, and quite a lot of them. The twice baked chicken could easily be an entree on its own. Kudos also to the host who was gracious as always.Special Features:
- Lovely brunchaemirfaDined on 7/27/2014I ended up ordering dessert for brunch and was not disappointed. The Wonut was super sweet, but delicious. The other members of my party also had very good brunch dishes. There was a table in the room we were sitting that was very loud, rude.. which took away from our meal, but not really something the restaurant could control. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!DineNwineGal87Dined on 7/26/2014My friends absolutely loved it and definitely had great customer service from the waiter. The food was outstanding and the wine was delicious . Def recommend for groups and people aren't wrong when it comes to the 'best dessert in DC' !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Fromm top to bottom terrific, cant wait to return. The food exceeded my expectations,I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularoldiebutgoodieDined on 7/25/2014Nopa continues to improve like a fine wine. The food, is always very good but tonight it was wonderful, the melon salad was bright and fresh without being too sweet and the salmon was warm and cozy. Our server Noel was friendly and fun. Nopa was just what the doctor ordered, relaxing a fun but still hit on all the points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettermartyrDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful visit in May and wanted to see if our memory served us right and it did and more. We dined next to a very colorful gentleman who ran the staff and managers too death, and they seemed to enjoy it. Cole was gracious and attentive without being overbearing. I had the Hake for Dinner and my wife had the pork chop and both were just wonderful flavorful but still appropriate for summer. The cherry pies were as always out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningFormerFedVIPDined on 7/24/2014The film of "The Curious Incident..." was going to last 160 minutes, so we dined before going to Harman Hall instead of after as we usually do. We each got a couple starters. My Barley-Quinoa salad and Country Pate and her Beet Salad and Gnocchi were delicious. She got a cheese plate and order of Madelines to go for dessert. The Barstow to Vegas and Hibiscus Pisco Sour cocktails were very tasty. Service was attentive and friendly. We will return to NoPA.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine but not good enoughBirdieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Everything was fine. But not good enough. There's too much competition now; it needs to be better. It's too bad because the space is very pleasant and the bar is very very nice.
- AWESOMEBeccaDined on 7/20/2014Our server - he was very attentive, filled our glasses whenever it reached halfway down to the glass (we got the $30 unlimited mimosa/sparking wine brunch). He didn't rush us - he let us enjoy our time and food. I can't recall his name though...but I do remember him saying "I see that the magic has happened here, would you like for me to bring anything else?" - service was awesome! He deserves an award. THANK YOU. The benedict and the bluefish pate....they definitely do not skimp on the portions! I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Incredible place...HamiltonianDined on 7/18/2014My girlfriend and I met the executive chef, Greg, at the Washingtonian Best-of Party. We loved talking with him and decided we had to check this place out. Overall it was totally worth it! If you go, make sure to try the Gnocchi, it blew my mind!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/16/2014Great food excellent service. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service, kitchen's faultNicknameVIPDined on 7/15/2014Food lackluster, servers tried best to recover but won't be back.
- WowgeorgieporgyDined on 7/11/2014We had yet another fantastic meal at Nopa, The menu has changed a lot since our last visit, I had the gnocchi and the trout and they were exactly what the doctor ordered, our server a young latino was awesome (sorry I don't remember his name). All in all another great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!EastCoastGuyVIPDined on 7/11/2014We made this reservation for three at the last minute on Friday, and I wasn't sure what to expect since several restaurants in that area are big and uninteresting for me. We lucked out... Got an 8 pm Rez and were immediately seated along the windows near the bar with an excellent view of the street below. All of the food items (shortrib, gnocchi, seabass, brick chicken) were terrific. Our friend also ordered the "Tiny Bubbles" cocktail and fell in love with it. Service was excellent and helpful. We were also able to enjoy the vibrancy of the scene and still hold a conversation among us. This was a terrific experience, and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - inadequate serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was very good and we really enjoyed our meal. The big problem was our server. He would take an order then disappear. He would go missing for long periods of time which made the evening drag. The only time he was fast was to return the credit card charge. In the restaurants defense when I spoke to a manager upon leaving he did apologize and gave us a nice gift card to return but that doesn't repair a botched night out.
- Go for the wonderful service!FairDCVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food is great, but the service is amazing. Everyone at Nopa is welcoming and makes you feel like their only customer! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience all around!cpfoodieDined on 7/10/2014I needed a good spot for a business lunch and decided to try NoPa. I was very pleasantly surprise by the restaurant's delightful atmosphere and diverse menu. The Barley & Quinoa Salad, Orange Vinaigrette, Pine Nuts, Dried Cherries was fresh, light and bursting with flavor. The Glazed Vegetable Pastiche was equally amazing, as were the Crispy Brussels Sprouts. Although the restaurant was fully occupied, they were strategic in their table placement, which allowed each table to have a private, quite conversation. I'm looking forward to going back for a nice romantic dinner and Sunday brunch. The service was also superb. I'm looking forward to returning to try their dinner and Sunday brunch menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchwendfishVIPDined on 7/9/2014My boss brought me here for my birthday lunch (I wanted to try someplace I'd never been). The service was so-so: our 1st server asked us if we had questions, but then said something about not being our actual waiter, then got another one. That one couldn't seem to answer all our questions & had to read from his notes when asked about specials &ingredients, though he made a point of telling us he'd worked there for years! Food was AMAZING, though! Hatami tartar & seabass! Yum! And their rolls are YUMMY! hey didn't do anything special for my b-day (other reviewers said they did), but that was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtiahcDined on 7/7/2014try the private dining room at the back - really cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved AylicetheebrownieeeVIPDined on 7/6/2014Our waiter Aylice mad our brunch experience I would gladly dine again with her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.