253 Riverside Avenue
Winthrop, WA 98862Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arrowleafbistro.com/
- Phone: 5099963919x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jon Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Arrowleaf Bistro takes catering literally and prefers to build each event menu specifically for each event. Buffet style or plated, in town or off the grid, we work with you to create the event that you want.
A word from Arrowleaf Bistro
Located in the beautiful Methow Valley, the Arrowleaf Bistro combines the rugged with the refined. Local and foraged ingredients mingle with thoughtfully sourced products from around the Northwest. Quality is the foundation for the creative dishes that feature pure, fresh flavors. Complimenting the dinner menu is a Washington focused wine list and cocktail menu stocked with Northwest boutique and top shelf spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Arrowleaf Bistro - Best Restaurants in Winthrop ›
Arrowleaf Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (28)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (11)scenic view (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent Food and ServiceMazamaparkerVIPDined on 4/9/2014We're Part-timers in the Methow Valley and enjoy our occasional visits to Arrowleaf. We've never been disappointed. Food and Service would compete easily with any restaurant West of the Cascades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winthrop, WA gem.GrahamDined on 4/4/2014We have dined at Arrowleaf Bistro several times and each time we have had a wonderful meal with excellent service. On our most recent visit my wife had the lamb shank, which was excellent, and I had the halibut which was perfectly cooked. We couldn't resist the hazelnut and chocolate tart for dessert. We will definitely be dining there again very soon.Special Features:
- Always a Treat!Dlish4allDined on 3/22/2014Arrowleaf Bistro is a jewel in the crown of Winthrop! The food and preparation are obviously given much thought from farm to table, appetizer to dessert. Always fresh, lovely on the plate and palate, meat, fish and veggies are cooked perfectly. Just the right amount of choices on the menu, something for everyone. Such a treat when we dine at the Arrowleaf Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jon and Joanne have made ArrowleafkcfoodieVIPDined on 3/9/2014Jon and Joanne have made Arrowleaf my favorite restaurant in Winthrop. The food is consistently delectable and rivals anyplace on the west side. It is definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Thank Heavens for Arrowleaf Bistro!TwispFoodiesDined on 3/7/2014There are very few places in all of Okanogan County that are worthy of a special dinner occasion. Arrowleaf Bistro is certainly at the top of my list. The Bistro not only provides a gourmet menu in a cozy environment, but its price point makes it easy to select for both celebration occasions (birthdays, anniversaries), and when you just want to treat yourself to a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for all occasionsDavidDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner. Menu is always eclectic and original, ingredients fresh, and the servers always welcoming. Was surprised to see they remembered us from years past while asking where are kids are...in college. We've returned every year for the last 5 years.Special Features:
- Nice but noisyAlMaDined on 2/12/2014We had excellent food and service. Our server was especially gracious. When we arrived there were several other couples dining quietly and the ambience was initially perfect. But then a group of six came in who were way too loud, so that we had difficulty conversing without having to raise our own voices. We considered complaining but decided to stick it out. I don't know what the restaurant management could have done, especially as the noisy group included some prominent people in our community, but be aware that the restaurant is small and if your fellow diners are not respectful you will definitely notice them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatDnSeatingDined on 2/1/2014Inviting atmosphere, attentive staff and a good menu. Appetizers and salads were outstanding! A bit pricey but nice for a special treat or a romantic celebration.Special Features:
- Seattle quality in WinthropOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2013Arrowleaf is as good if not better than most Seattle restaurants. We have eaten here many times, alway having a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/20/2013Superbly prepared, local, seasonal dishes. One of the best, most memorable meals we've eaten in a restaurant (including very nice restaurants in Seattle) in a very long time. Will definitely return next time we are in Winthrop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrowleaf Bistro is a Gem!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/14/2013The Chef,Jon, has a unique way of presenting dishes that are memorable and delicious. Wine selection is perfect for every taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerLooneyBinDined on 11/28/2013I have only eaten here for their Thanksgiving dinner this year and it was excellent. Great service, wine, food and ambience. Kids enjoyed it thoroughly too, plenty of variety in the food for everyone's tastes with the traditional and non-traditional foods. Great experience - I want to do it again next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful local restaurant,GrahamDined on 11/24/2013A wonderful local restaurant, small and with a warm ambiance. The service was friendly and professional and the food excellent. My smoked trout brandade appetizer was delicious. My wife had the SOB filet for her entree which was beautifully tender and succulent. It was accompanied by fingerling potatoes, brussels sprouts and carrots, all perfectly cooked.. I chose the pork chop for my entree which was equally delicious. We only had room to share one dessert between the two of us - a moist cheesecake. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet food in the MethowlucasDined on 11/21/2013I love the relaxed feel of this place and the high quality food that is consistently served. We ordered the shrimp appetizer and practically licked the plate clean after fighting over the last shrimp. We sampled all three salads, house green, beet and emmer and found all to be delicious and interesting combinations of ingredients. The fresh trout special was amazing, served on a bed of brussel sprouts, topped with a mouth watering aioli sauce. Beer and wine was affordable and tasty, service was friendly and well timed. A gourmet experience in the western themed town of Winthrop..something to treasure and return to over and over again.Special Features:
- Just as good as the first timeKevinCDined on 10/26/2013Our second visit this year, and just as delightful as the first time. Best "fine dining" option in the Methow ValleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food!willowbrookDined on 10/19/2013Delicious, creative food featuring local producers and growers. Never been disappointed with our meals here! All the servers are great too... Best place to eat in the Methow Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mazama get awayPdavisDined on 10/19/2013Dinner at arrowleaf was just what our friends Told us it would be. Local, fresh seasonal food. We would happily go back!Special Features:
- Very good but short of excellentLYGOREVIPDined on 10/12/2013This sweet little restaurant was a pleasure to dine in: a lovely ambiance, very competent service and good, fresh food. I rated it as very good as opposed to excellent because the food simply wasn't special. It was made with fresh ingredients and prepared quite well, but was neither unique nor memorable. I had the fish of the night, a coho salmon, which was delicately flavored and served with faro ( the best part- quite delicious.) It was beautifully presented. Our starter ( a pear and onion tart) was also quite good and my dessert ( a classic creme brulee) was yummy. Yet, I don't feel pulled to rave about the food because it was what I expected, and no more, for the price we paid in a small mountain town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful! Great for gluten free.RebaDined on 10/10/2013Delicious food beautifully presented. Warm, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real winnerron42Dined on 9/26/2013Dinner not have been better. We had the beet strudel for appetizer and could have ordered a couple more and called it the dinner, and I am not really a great fan of beets. We also had two of the house salads, and could have well split one. For dinner we had a pork shank and the special of boneless lamb, and for dinner the apple cheesecake. The dressings and sauces were splendid. The knives served to cut the meat were hardly needed, and the meat was so tasty. The cheesecake was filled with apple and sharing a slice was a nice finish to the meal. I would classify the "Bistro" as fine dining. The service matched the meal, leisurely without feeling slow - the course of our meal being a little under 1.5 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrowleaf BistropgxcskiierDined on 9/26/2013Nice place for dining in the Methow Valley. Service friendly and competent. Food good with fresh ingredients. Yummy chocolate macaroons. The culinary cocktail I ordered needed some work -- all I tasted was sparkling wine and none of the other ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely little gem of a placeBobAndSanDined on 9/22/2013Romantic and intimate. Outstanding food and service. Elegant food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitCastoritaDined on 9/11/2013When you walk in you see the chef's collection of well-worn cookbooks with some interesting titles. I noticed that his copy of Thomas Keller's "Bouchon" was particularly well-worn. We ate outside on the patio with a view of the Methow River. We had 'frites' with aioli as an appetizer and my husband jumped on that. The frites were excellent, crisp and thin, and absolutely free of grease. We also ordered an appetizer of a whole head of roasted garlic with a tomato jam, local goat cheese and grilled bread. Yummy! Hubby was very happy with his entree` of Wild Boar Ragout over fresh pasta. I had a steak with chimichurri sauce. Will definitely go back. Reasonably priced too for the out of the way location and quality of the food.Special Features:
- A gem in a small tourist townOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2013Arrowleaf was remarkable for high quality food. Much is locally sourced, and that which is not includes information as to the origin. Preparation is creative and uniformly excellent. There is a good wine list, and service was attentive, A wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined here severalfrogDined on 8/30/2013We have dined here several times and each time the food has been spectacular. Most of the food is local. This last time the tomato salad with balsamic had the best tomatoes ever. The lamb chops were cooked to perfection. Dessert “little bites” is just the right amount and so good! The wine list is thoughtful with good selections of both red and white. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Drinks!DezdanDined on 8/30/2013Happy hour deals are the best, full drink menu and half the cost! Back deck has great views of the confluence of the Methow and Chewack Rivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winthrop FindwenoDined on 8/29/2013A great little spot with amazing food and very kind staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of bothGoosecreamDined on 8/11/2013I have a droll friend who once complained to me about a restaurant that "the food was lousy and they didn't give you enough of it either." Arrowleaf bucks the trend of gastronomically sophisticated joints skimping on portion. If I had one suggestion for improvement it would be to include a selection of French and Italian wines. There are some good ones that don't bankrupt the drinker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisely good in Winthrop!FoodieWannabeDined on 8/11/2013Coming from Vancouver, BC, my husband and I are pretty spoiled in terms of food choices. It's a shock to our system to visit small town America where most of the options are pretty low quality. Arrowleaf Bistro was a nice surprise in Winthrop. The food was amazing and a nice treat after running a local 60 k trail race! We thoroughly enjoyed our stuffed quail and duck dishes. The only complaint we had was that the air conditioning was blasting and we were absolutely chilled the whole time. It could just be that we're not used to air conditioning. Anyway, I would go back to Arrowleaf Bistro if we ever find ourselves in Winthrop again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseRubyDearDined on 8/11/2013This is a gem of a place in a town that tends towards casual bar food. Very good food and perfectly sized portions. We had the Artisanal Cheese Board to start and it was an excellent selection of cheeses, with a pear chutney, a bit of sausage and some fresh pickles. My husband had the gnocchi, which was obviously freshly made in the kitchen, lovely puffs of potato, not heavy at all. I had the red snapper in a lemon sage sauce and it was perfectly cooked, served with fresh vegetables, just lightly sauteed. Coffee and their "treat" (a small dessert) topped off a lovely dinner. We ate outside, by the river. Not a great view but it was a nice evening and it was nice to be outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, the crab cakeArmwaDined on 8/3/2013Excellent food, the crab cake appetizer was fresh, delicious and original. The wild boar bolognese and gnocchi were likewise delicious.Special Features:
- Loved itGrizDined on 8/1/2013My family and I where staying at sun mountain lodge in Winthrop Washington. We decided to hit the town for dinner on our second night. I found arrowhead bistro on a walk through the town earlier that day, went home used open table and got in that night while others waited out side. I love the place...and so will youI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in WinthropOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2013This is hands-down the best restaurant in Winthrop. The level of kitchen expertise is superb, as good as many top restaurants in Seattle. The nut-crusted Ahi, the heirloom tomato salad, and the dark cherry custard tart in graham cracker crust on vanilla cream were all excellent. Add to that the great service - in spite of being packed - and it made for a terrific dining experience.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in the Methow ValleybdksDined on 7/10/2013The Arrowleaf Bistro is one of the gems of the Methow Valley. Jon and Joanne never disappoint. Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin was brilliant; the grilled scallops were lovely. We are lucky to have such fine dining in Winthrop, Washington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrowleaf Bistro in Winthrop, WAgolfinazDined on 7/7/2013Located in the quaint western town of Winthrop, Washington, Arrowleaf Bistro is a gem. Superb service, and excellent food.Special Features:
- A Methow gemTahomaDined on 7/7/2013We've been coming to Arrowleaf whenever we're in the Methow Valley, and have yet to be disappointed. It's cozy regardless of the season, and does a great job with local ingredients. It's also very kid-friendly, which is a plus for our family. The wine list is small but focused on WA and NW winemakers and varietals, which complements their food well.Special Features:
- Stand OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2013This restaurant would stand out in Seattle. The food is excellent by any standards.Special Features:
- ANNIVERSARY TREATCaptainHappyandMeDined on 7/1/2013We ate here for our anniversary. My husband had the spinach salad, which was fresh and tasty. I had the house salad which was a surprisingly unique treat of fresh greens, golden raisens and sunflower seeds. My husband ordered the pork loin wrapped in bacon, which was a good sized portion and very flavorful. I tried the North African chicken and was rather disappointed that there weren't more spices and yogurt to make the dish more tasty and unique...it was hardly noticible. We shared a bottle of the Lost Lake Community Red wine, which we both enjoyed and thought complimented both dishes very well. Finally, we shared the Creme Brulee dessert. The custard was very silky and rich, but the top was a little too hard and sharp to call perfect.Special Features:
- June 2013BWKBDined on 6/23/2013First visit to Winthrop...staying at Sun Mountain....This gem of a restaurant was a referral...and we came back the 2nd night.....make a reservation and try it.! (We are from the West Side and this restaurant is "seattle" quality - if not better!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in Methow ValleyKevinCDined on 6/22/2013There can be little doubt that Arrowleaf is the best dining in Methow Valley; truth is they stack up very well in comparison with parts of the State that are considerably more competitive. Very capable kitchen with great attention to detail in a lovely setting, with polished service. Lot's to love here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.