Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery
72 N. Bremen Avenue
Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.renaultwinery.com/
- Phone: 6099652111x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph DeGennaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Anne milza 6099652111x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights
A word from Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery
Joseph’s Restaurant, the gourmet room located within the Tuscany House. Guests of Joseph’s Restaurant take a culinary trip to Italy as Executive Chef Joseph DeGennaro prepares an extraordinary menu unique to southern New Jersey. Joseph’s also features a full service bar composed of actual wine casks. The eye-catching bar offers a wide selection of liquors and imported wines from Italy and France, as well as a variety of flavored martinis. On the weekends, Joseph’s Restaurant presents live entertainment for guests’ enjoyment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery - Best Restaurants in Egg Harbor ›
Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)notable wine list (35)good for groups (32)romantic (25)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (12)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Hidden GemBeachgirlDined on 2/17/2014We always knew about the winery but had no idea the campus included 2 restaurants, an inn, a gift shop and golf course. Great atmosphere, beautiful views and great good. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Quiet meal, for once.MangolustDined on 2/15/2014This was our second time at Joseph"s, and the entertainment was screwed up (Pete Wagula was supposed to perform) The ambience, and food was excellent. I Loved the veal in wild mushroom sauce and the desserts are to die for, My wife had the eggplant and was very happy with it. The only slight, I'm sorry that with all the artisan cheeses floating around that joint that the french onion soup was bare. I obviously didn't read the menu correctly, for had I known I would never have ordered it. Also it was luke warm and that did not help. Nuff said about soup, Calamai on the other hand was exceptional. Joseph's is an amazing culinary hot spot and if you want a respite from the work week this can set your mood for the start of a romantic weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and servicesamIamDined on 2/15/2014A hidden gem that delivers both on service and food taste. Online reservations were easy. Staff were friendly. Food was outstanding. We had a nice romantic dinner with live music and a nice singer. Located in the middle of Renault winery in the Tuscan House hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Valentines DayTriciaDined on 2/14/2014This was our 1st time at Joseph's. The filet mignon & stuffed lobster tail were excellent but the au gratin potatoes were under cooked. Our waiter, Caesar, was very nice & attentive. The decor was beautiful but the dining area too wide open to be considered romantic. Overall it was great dining experience. I would highly recommend this restaurant, especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014live music was amazing very romantic will love to go here and be proposed to the food was spectacular and the wine was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant evening.happyDined on 2/14/2014We were warmly greeted when we entered, I was handed a rose since it was Valentines Day. We were immediately shown to our table. It was so warm and cozy and romantic.. We were waited on promptly, but never felt rushed. The wait staff very friendly and knowledgeable. We had twin lobster tails that were cooked to perfection, presentation beautiful . Very nice menu. something for everyone. My husband and I will be going back. Very pretty location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 2/13/2014My first time, here; I really enjoyed my black bean soup and pappardelle. I was also impressed with the quality of their own wines, both a white and ther burgundy. They are well-suited to the cusine which is certainly +4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Renault!mac123Dined on 2/8/2014We loved our night out at Renault winery. We did the wine tour and tasting before our reservations at Joseph's. We truly enjoyed our food and the service at Joseph's will definitely reccommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!!SeddsDined on 2/8/2014Everything we had at Joseph's was fantastic!!! Would highly recommend to anyone...we can't wait to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantLuv2dineDined on 1/31/2014Went on wine tour and tasting first which was fun and learned a lot. The restaurant was very nicely decorated, elegant, and the food at lunch was wonderful.Special Features:
- Old World eligantWaterman25Dined on 1/25/2014Our family enjoyed this experience more than any other in Southern New Jersey. The food is the best. My meal is designed by an artist. Joseph's listens. I'm impressed. I sort of wanted the grand kids to experience the best of life. They laughed and enjoyed themselves. Grandma and I are providing an experience that they'll remember forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Joseph'sginiDined on 1/20/2014So happy to have a quality restaurant located near Egg Harbor City where locals can go for a nice luncheon experience. My daughter was in from California and we traveled from Pennsylvania to take my parents who live in EHC out to lunch. We wanted a restaurant nearby which offered a relaxing atmosphere, good food, and an upscale ambience. We found it at Joseph's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing but romancehickmanx2Dined on 1/10/2014My fiance and I went for a romantic dinner and it definitely was. The server Kathleen was super polite and knowledgeable as was as attentive. The food was amazing and prepared perfectly. The piano player was graceful. All in all the experience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveTerriDined on 12/31/2013The food was wonderful, we were all very pleased. I think if you just went for dinner, not a holiday it could be very romantic and not so loud. We had a nice time, staff was nice, salads were awesome and the desserts, yum! We will go back for my birthday, I am sure we will have more ambiance !Special Features:
- New Year's Eve 2013LocalDinerDined on 12/31/2013We went to Joseph's as a last minut reservation on New Year's Eve. The food was good, however the service seemed a little rushed. We hadn't even finished our appetizer when our entree's came out, and the bill was presented to us before our desert. We thought the rush may have had something to do with being New Year's Eve, however there were quite a few empty tables.Special Features:
- Great live entertainmentJenndgDined on 12/31/2013Friendly my staff really good food all-around enjoyable dining experience. Live entertainment the night we went and the guy was great (guitar).I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a party of 7 peopleSvenskyDined on 12/31/2013I had a party of 7 people for a New Years celebration dinner after our original choice lost my reservation. The staff exceeded my expectations and the food was fabulous. I would highly recommend Josephs as a dining choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindQuencessDined on 12/26/2013After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I decided to purchase a deal for Joseph's. Boy am I glad I did! My husband, I and the other couple felt this restaurant exceeded our expectation. The service was outstanding and the food excellent. The prices were quite reasonable, especially for the menu selections. We are already planning our return trip and spreading the word to everyone we know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePostDined on 12/21/2013Good food, service and a great live singer who added to the overall dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we returnedDeniseDined on 12/20/2013We had been going there for years. Then stopped. The food was terrible. The service was not great, It took several years, but we decided to give Joseph's another chance. And am I glad we did. Everything was great. I even sent an e-mail to the manager explaining our disappointment. They said "Oh Well". It's not like this now. It was great. Perhaps a new chef and a new manager turned this place around. We will be back. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely vineyardmhempillVIPDined on 12/18/2013This is not our first experience at Joseph's. The food is reasonably priced and worth every penny. Service is good as well. Would recommend for a variety of events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK for a diner...not for a wineryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2013The waitress was absent for most of the visit. The menu was limited. And when the food did arrive it was clear it had been sitting out because it was on the cold side. We ordered champagne with lunch and the waitress overfilled the glass and bubbles went all over. I'd expect someone at a winery to know how to pour. I expected something more upscale. This felt more like a diner than a winery. That said we LOVE Renault and an to go back frequently,..we just won't be eating there.
- Wine tasting, then lunch!DonnaDined on 12/12/2013Took a wine tasting tour at Renault, then drove across the street to Joseph's. Wonderful restaurant! Great to find a beautiful place for lunch (or dinner) that is reasonably priced, but special enough for a celebration! Dishes presented with an interesting flair. Service and food were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great winery tour.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/2/2013We came here for my husband's 40th birthday and it was really nice. The food are good, Barbie the waitress is very nice and helpful and winery tour was great. Because we came in the winter/off season, we got private winery tour with wine tasting. The tour guide is very knowledgeable and friendly. We may come again someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceBillFromJacksonDined on 11/28/2013My wife and I stayed overnight at the Tuscany House to celebrate her birthday. We had a great dinner experience at Joseph's and the next morning, an enjoyable breakfast. The appetizer and then traditional turkey dinner were great. The wines were excellent. We will be back to celebrate other eventsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great seating questionable.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2013I'm always amazed that when there is no one in the restaurant that you get seated in the worst section The restaurant is located in a beautiful setting and has many beautiful views but we were placed at the back of the restaurant near a very noisy kitchen when we were about the only people in there. We were 7 but it would have been quite easy to push two tables together. Where we were located the waiter had to pass meal over all the guests. The food was very good and the promptness of service very good The food was taste and lunch till late is a great idea.Special Features:
- Stayed at hotel and dinedhhhe556cDined on 10/22/2013Stayed at hotel and dined here for dinner. Very quiet evening, mid week and not busy. We were one of maybe 5 - 8 groups in t he place. Took a while for food to come but guess making fresh. Dined after wine tasting so passed on more wine but sure there were many to choose from. Chicken parm was a large portion and fulling. Did not order dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food bad servicemarkDined on 10/20/2013waitress diasppeared, and i think she did better job on our table then the table next to usSpecial Features:
- The food was terrific! I wouldTom1Dined on 10/19/2013The food was terrific! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for something "a little off of the beaten path."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful special occasion dinnerMmeKirkDined on 10/13/2013My family enjoyed my dad's 89th bday here and he was thrilled. That's no easy task whe. They Are that age. Would definitely recommend for that special occasion.Special Features:
- A Hidden GembeachbumDined on 10/11/2013I have dined at Joseph's Restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. The food is great as well as the service and the ambience. A great romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceaddpowerDined on 10/6/2013The last several times we ate here, service was slow. Service people were very nice, but we waited a long time between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of the hustle/bustleDanielDined on 10/5/2013food, service, ambience and price all matched with expectationsSpecial Features:
- Really ashame,atlastroyDined on 10/4/2013Looking at the outside of the building one would think of a wonderful romantic dining experience. Sadly once inside I felt like I was in a diner! While our server was attentive, we were disappointed with our meal. Food was overlooked and lacked seasoning. I would not recommend, instead go across to the gourmet room upstairs!
- We were there for lunch andGinnyDined on 10/1/2013We were there for lunch and were pleased with the decor, service and ambiance. We chose the crab and shrimp salad and it was delicious. We would return.Special Features:
- Most enjoyable lunchfoodloverDined on 9/24/2013Enjoyed a great birthday lunch with six family members. The service was great and everyone enjoyed their lunch. The crab and shrimp Louie was incredible, would strongly recommend it! It was a weekday off season lunch so it was very quiet and we enjoyed the ambiance. Can't wait to go back for lunch again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedJSAMDined on 9/21/2013This was our first time to the winery and restaurant. The restaurant has a beautiful dining area. The food was fresh and nicely presented. We were very pleased with the service. There was a little bit of a wait due to a wedding reception, however our server was very nice and apologetic for the unforeseen delay. Overall I was very happy and will definitely return.Special Features:
- I sat at the Bar and had twinOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2013I sat at the Bar and had twin lobster tails with crabmeat. It was an outstanding dish and the Bartender, Matt, was a congenial host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We recommend a wine tastingRobackDined on 9/18/2013We recommend a wine tasting and tour at the winery next door- Renault- then the restaurant, which of course has the wines on the menu. The food was not spectacular but it didn't matter- it was good and everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceXFM284Dined on 9/17/2013Nice setting at Renault Winery facing golf course. Food was good, but service was outstanding. Brianna and Tina provided attentive and friendly service that truly enhanced the experience. Will go back again when in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.