Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery
72 N. Bremen Avenue
Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.renaultwinery.com/
- Phone: 6099652111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph DeGennaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Anne milza 6099652111
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights
A word from Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery
Joseph’s Restaurant, the gourmet room located within the Tuscany House. Guests of Joseph’s Restaurant take a culinary trip to Italy as Executive Chef Joseph DeGennaro prepares an extraordinary menu unique to southern New Jersey. Joseph’s also features a full service bar composed of actual wine casks. The eye-catching bar offers a wide selection of liquors and imported wines from Italy and France, as well as a variety of flavored martinis. On the weekends, Joseph’s Restaurant presents live entertainment for guests’ enjoyment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery - Best Restaurants in Egg Harbor ›
Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)notable wine list (34)good for groups (28)romantic (27)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (19)scenic view (14)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- poorserviceDined on 6/14/2014Waited an hour and forty-five minutes for our food. They rushed the order and I ended up with a raw hamburger.Special Features:
- The Place to Kill TimeTRUTHBETOLDDined on 6/7/2014On a Saturday, arrived at 1:50 for 2:00 seating. Sat immediately with only 3 other tables taken with parties of 1 or 2. Prompt drink orders and delivery by youthful server, one of many standing around. Ordered their special lunch sandwich of one small sausage, 3 small slivers of red pepper and a tablespoon or so of onions on a small hoagie too big for its contents. I usually take half of a sandwich home and this barely did the job of lunch. Seasoned fries were room temp and limp. Tasty but not worth the wait of one hour ten minutes. I believe the restaurant plays second fiddle to the wedding prep happening simultaneously. The servers were not to blame as looking around, nothing was coming out of the kitchen.
- RupaVIPDined on 5/24/2014We chose to be seated outside so as to enjoy the view of the vineyard. The drink specials were good but the food could have been better. The pastas were good but the flatbreads and burger just about ok.Special Features:
- The following 102 reviews are from the Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery reviews archive.
- Very Limited MenushoresueDined on 5/21/2014The menu has changed considerably and not for the better. You have your choice of reasonable, though limited, pasta dishes at around $16 then it jumps to the $34+ range. Our husbands each had the pork chop, hoping it would be similar to the old double pork chop that was so good in the past, but it was this big deep-fried thing. Not good at all! Will probably not come back.
- Always pleasedmhempillVIPDined on 5/20/2014I have been to Joseph's multiple times and am always pleased. Food is great. Service is flightly but attentive for the most part. I will always stop in at Joseph's when I visit the NJ shore.Special Features:
- Nice Atmosphere but so-so otherwisecbaumleDined on 5/11/2014We visited in the late afternoon on Mother's Day. The restaurant was not crowded (perhaps that was a sign?). There seemed to be a lot of servers/bus persons but despite that, I found the service to be slow and not very attentive. I had the veal and it was chewy (the waiter recommended the dish, saying it would be very tender!). My mother had the flounder, which was overcooked. The others in our party of five seemed to enjoy their meals but no one raved about them. I hate to judge based on one visit as everyone has a bad day once in a while. The atmosphere is nice, and the restaurant was recommended highly by a personal friend so it is quite possible that my experience is not typical.
- Good food but could use spruce upVxCruiserDined on 5/11/2014Overall the experience was good..service was great food very good...my only complaint is we spent 220 for a party of 3..for that price I would expect a cleaner and better kept up place...our chair and floor were filled with crumbs upon seating..carpets were in overall bad shape and tables need to be refinished..I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shorejonVIPDined on 5/10/2014Our group combined a tour and tasting @ the winery, followed by dinner. We've eaten there several times over the past few years and it could be a little inconsistent. This time we all agreed that it was outstanding; from interesting appetizers to well prepared main courses. We had a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Very romantic restaurant in likewise romantic hotel. Great even just for over night getaway. Will tell many people about the great experience we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than Good WinemeatsweatVIPDined on 5/4/2014Our pickled tuna appetizer was both unique and very good. We both opted for orechette dishes. The one with brocolli rape and veal sausage was very good, but a few more pieces of sausage would have levated this to outstanding. The plum tomato and crab and shrimp was also a knock out. The portions were ample, ie enough for another meal. While the desserts looked good, we were too full to sample. Have to say the wines are very tasty, but curious as to why the price per bottle was a dollar or two more than in the gift shop, since the wines are only sold on premise. All in all, would recommend.Special Features:
- Beautiful Restaurant Excellent foodJerseyDiamondGirlDined on 4/28/2014It was my boyfriend's 64th birthday. I did the theme When I'm 64 by the Beatles. In the song there are lyrics that go Will you still be sending me a valentine (which I made him a home made card. Inside the card I wrote that I would be taking him for a tour to the Renault winery and lunch at Joseph's.) Birthday Greetings, bottle of wine (after the tour of Renault winery I bought him a bottle of wine in the gift shop) Will you still feed me (I took him to lunch at Joseph's). So that is why I chose Joseph's. The food was excellent. we had a sausage, broccoli rabe and mozzarella cheese flat bread for appetizer. It was delicious. For lunch we had Mahi mahi and it was fresh and also delicious. Joseph's is beautiful and I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed review1sttimedinersDined on 4/26/2014Steak dinner was good but fish dinner was bland (lacked seasoning). Disappointed with options for the Italian dishes. Dinner music was nice addition. Décor of restaurant could be updated. Had a reservation but hostess thought we were already seated at time of check-in. Were given lunch menus when we should have received dinner menus when seated. Seems like more attention is given to large groups as compared to individual dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCRMdakotaDined on 4/25/2014After our wine tour and tasting, we dined at Joseph's for dinner. It capped off a great evening and date. Excellent service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeMDined on 4/24/2014My girlfriend and I went to Renault to tour the winery and to have dinner at Joseph's. It was populated mostly by older men coming in for a drink after finishing their golfing for the day so the bar was busy. The restaurant itself was quiet. The food was great, I would expect to pay more for it if it were in downtown Philly or AC. Service was friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDeeLDined on 4/20/2014The food was very good. We were there on Easter and the quality of the food was outstanding compared to other venues we have dined at on a holiday. The regular menu was available which was great. Our server Dave was knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive. I highly recommend requesting him. A wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay home. Do not waste your money.not2goodVIPDined on 4/20/2014The food here was truly terrible. The chicken parm was burnt on the edges, had a nasty bitter after taste that I couldn't wash away with 3 beers. My wife's steak was horribly dry. If the food is always this bad why is this place still open? Don't waste your money and make your belly suffer, go someplace else.
- Great food!EmilyDined on 4/19/2014Food was delicious and service was great! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I dine at JosephsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014My wife and I dine at Josephs often. We have not had a bad meal since we started going 5 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceJoeCDined on 4/8/2014We stayed overnight at the hotel and dined for Dinner and Breakfast. My dinner was a disaster. I ordered filet mignon and it was very chewy instead of melting in your mouth as good filet would do. I sent it back and my replacement was just as bad. In fairness, my wife enjoyed her fish dinner. So, I sat there all through dinner and watched my wife eat her meal. I filled up with bread. For breakfast, I ordered eggs and sausage and both were overcooked. In both cases the service was very good but they only served the food and didn't cook it. Actually, the eggs and sausage should never have been served to me, but I guess the server was afraid to not serve them. I didn't have time to send them back so I ate them. Normally I would not have.
- Slow Sunday nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014We went to Joseph's on Sunday at 7pm. The restaurant is clean and nicely decorated. My two main issues were with the food options and the staff. Let's start with the food options. For being a higher priced restaurant, the menu is limited. I ordered the Chicken Agrodolce and my companion ordered the Eggplant Tower. Both meals were fairly plain. Not very flavorful. The food did not wow either of us. The service was just as bad. First off, and not to be a snob, but the waitress did not open up the champagne for us. There are not too many restaurants that I go to where you are required to do this on your own. And then, she never really checked on us again. I was highly disappointed.Special Features:
- As usual the food and servicePattiDined on 4/6/2014As usual the food and service were outstanding. all they need to do now is improve on the coffee, that is the only draw backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch @ Joseph ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014The service was very slow. There were not many people in the restaurant. The server was not to helpful needs to be more up beat and concerned with the people he is serving. Food okay, We may try dinner there next time hope for a better time. Thw winery was great. Will return for that.Special Features:
- Great FoodDPI1Dined on 3/27/2014The food and value was excellent. The service and ambience are a big plus too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you don't mind the drive...swoodDined on 3/22/2014We had lunch one Saturday in March. Our server was attentive. The food was wonderful - large serving sizes for lunch! Don't miss out on the wings. They are very meaty sweet and with a spicy kick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConvenientPell2121Dined on 3/15/2014Restaurant is convenient if your doing the winery tour! Food overall was not very good wouldn't go back!
- Lots of MissesFoustyDined on 3/8/2014Arrived for a 7:45 reservation at 7:40. The host was in the host station/dj booth & never made eye contact. He passed us off to Emily who took us to our table which wasn't ready. We said we would grab a drink at the bar and if she could get us when the table was ready. The bar was empty & as we approached the bartender turned away. I asked for a malbec and was told they didn't have any. The next 3 wines off the menu I asked for-they were out. Finally found one and it was warm. At 5 after 8 we went back to the host station, since people were coming in & being seated, & was asked it we had a reservation. We were obviously forgotten. Sat for more than 10 mins before our server appeared. Food ok but felt like we weren't welcomed.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014My husband and I enjoyed the food and the ambience at Joseph's Restaurant. Everything from the appetizers to the dessert was exceptional. The live music by the guitar player was very calming and not loud. The staff was so nice and gracious. Our plan was to take the tour before dinner, but we missed the time. We were able to be seated before our reservation so we took the Winery tour after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many times in the past, never againNeveragainDined on 3/8/2014The soup tasted like brown gravy. The soup portion has shrunk to a fraction of what has been served in the past. It was not hot. My Eggplant Nepaliano was the most unimaginable concoction. The plain breaded eggplant, with uneatable burnt edges, sitting on a bed of tasteless pasta with sauce and topped with melted cheese and a sprig of broccoli rab was boring. It was a sorrowful excuse for eggplant parmigiana. My wife's pork chop was breaded and dried out, some of her potatoes were burnt. After many years of driving an hour to enjoy this restaurant, I see no need to go again. If I can't count on a carefully and tastefully prepared meal then there is no desire to return.
- Great Place to come back..christmas26Dined on 3/8/2014We we're so delight with the crew who work in these place. The place and location are worth coming for. The hospitality of the host was totally great...She was so accommodating for everything we ask for...Totally going back to these place and recommendation.Special Features:
- Another Wonderful Dinner @ Joseph'selman1952Dined on 3/7/2014Went for Restaurant Week with friends and we all loved it! Food was excellent, loved our server (Great job Kathleen!), loved the saxophonist, excellent cocktails at the bar. Outstanding in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, staffwinelover8Dined on 3/7/2014Food was very good, staff very friendly-would go back for lunchSpecial Features:
- Wine and dineVictoriaDined on 2/25/2014-keI found the food to be good. Not mind-blowing, but worth a visit. Excellent cioppino, which was "loaded" with seafood, which is a change as most cioppinos are flavorful but spare on the filling. I'm pleased to say they did not sacrifice quality with quantity. The flatbread with veal and sausage rabe was well composed. the bread was tender with nice texture and consistency. the veal a bit blah, but satisfactory. the mussels with garlic and parsley butter was a generous portion. the mussels were nicely done, not overcooked and chewy. the flavor of the sauce was consistent and low-keyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightJackDined on 2/23/2014Not one complaint with food or service plenty of parking wish it was closer . My drive is 40 miles one way would go more often . Will go back on occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing dinnerShadow49erDined on 2/21/2014This is our second visit. Food, service and ambiance was very nice. The ricotta bruschetta was awesome and the calamari was some of the best I have had. For dinner, the lamb was very nicely cooked with good accompianment! We chose Fracello as the wine as we had just done a tasting. It was very good and pricing was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemBeachgirlDined on 2/17/2014We always knew about the winery but had no idea the campus included 2 restaurants, an inn, a gift shop and golf course. Great atmosphere, beautiful views and great good. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Quiet meal, for once.MangolustDined on 2/15/2014This was our second time at Joseph"s, and the entertainment was screwed up (Pete Wagula was supposed to perform) The ambience, and food was excellent. I Loved the veal in wild mushroom sauce and the desserts are to die for, My wife had the eggplant and was very happy with it. The only slight, I'm sorry that with all the artisan cheeses floating around that joint that the french onion soup was bare. I obviously didn't read the menu correctly, for had I known I would never have ordered it. Also it was luke warm and that did not help. Nuff said about soup, Calamai on the other hand was exceptional. Joseph's is an amazing culinary hot spot and if you want a respite from the work week this can set your mood for the start of a romantic weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and servicesamIamDined on 2/15/2014A hidden gem that delivers both on service and food taste. Online reservations were easy. Staff were friendly. Food was outstanding. We had a nice romantic dinner with live music and a nice singer. Located in the middle of Renault winery in the Tuscan House hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Valentines DayTriciaDined on 2/14/2014This was our 1st time at Joseph's. The filet mignon & stuffed lobster tail were excellent but the au gratin potatoes were under cooked. Our waiter, Caesar, was very nice & attentive. The decor was beautiful but the dining area too wide open to be considered romantic. Overall it was great dining experience. I would highly recommend this restaurant, especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014live music was amazing very romantic will love to go here and be proposed to the food was spectacular and the wine was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant evening.happyDined on 2/14/2014We were warmly greeted when we entered, I was handed a rose since it was Valentines Day. We were immediately shown to our table. It was so warm and cozy and romantic.. We were waited on promptly, but never felt rushed. The wait staff very friendly and knowledgeable. We had twin lobster tails that were cooked to perfection, presentation beautiful . Very nice menu. something for everyone. My husband and I will be going back. Very pretty location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.