Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar
214 N Howard St
Spokane, WA 99201-0805Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mizuna.com/
- Phone: 5097472004x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Tyler Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: You may reserve our wine bar for your special event on certain nights of the week. We can accommodate about 35 for formal dinners and up to 50 for informal gatherings. We can design a menu for your party with any of the appetizers below, from either of the dinner menus and the dessert menu. There is full bar service available, an extensive wine list, or non-alcoholic drinks if you would prefer.
- Private Party Contact: Mike 5097472004x
A word from Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar
Mizuna offers a dynamic seasonal menu featuring the best of fresh local organic Northwest ingredients. We are situated in the heart of downtown, housed in an old charming turn of the century building; with tall brick walls, wood floors, warm lighting, marble tables and modern fixtures. Mizuna’s enchanting environment has been a warm and welcoming refuge to locals and visitors alike. Unpretentious, knowledgeable staff buzz with warmth and enthusiasm, making the entire dining experience memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)romantic (32)special occasion (29)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- always fabulous fooddrdreviewsDined on 10/6/2014I love mizuna as a lunch spot for business meetings. The menu is top rate, always creative and a great option for vegetarians. My dining companion and I both had outstanding meals. Service was a bit slow, but other than that perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Vegans & CarnivoresmainelyontheplainDined on 9/25/2014Two separate menus and separate cooking facilities to accommodate those who require and those that desire veggies over meat and vice versa. The result is outstanding, cooked to order, meals with organic and local raised ingredients. What a treat. Very unique use of spices and pairing of grains. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodjtkettDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I are fans of food shows and have been on the hunt for a restaurant that serves quality dishes similar to the top-tier creations seen on many of the shows. With Mizuna, we found just that. When our dishes arrived, we were truly impressed as they were every bit as creative and beautifully plated as any of the mouth-watering dishes we were in search for. Mizuna has a truly quality chef creating amazing dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome servicesnackqueenDined on 9/23/2014We can there on our annual Ladies trip, had never been there before. The food was perfect, and service also. Portions were nice, not to large. I would go againSpecial Features:
- Great vegan optionsWindyRhynoDined on 9/23/2014As a vegan that travels nearly 30% of the year, having restaurants with vegan options like yours brings a smile to my face. I'm sure it brings a smile to the faces of those animals who would otherwise be put on a plate as well.Special Features:
- Worst service....everFoodie678543Dined on 9/17/2014Waited 30 minutes for water. Had to flag her down for another bottle if wine. She seemed inconvenienced by us.Special Features:
- Perfect choice on Special OccasionLvegasDined on 9/17/2014We decided on Mizuna after reading the on-line menu and seeing that both vegetarian and meat-lovers would be satisfied. Also that small plates were available. Perfect service! Two of us shared a salad and special entree and one ate an appetizer. Portions were ample for this. The preparation and presentation was just beautiful. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite for special occasionsEstebanDined on 9/12/2014My fiancé and I had our first Valentine's Day dinner at Mizuna and were so impressed that we swore we'd make it a regular stop for special days. The service is excellent and the atmosphere conducive to great conversation. The food is what really brings us in. Our regular starter is the artisan cheese plate with fruits and such with ingredients that vary by season. Our entrees have been excellently prepared and delicious, and the cocktails and wine are some of the best in Spokane. Definitely recommended for the foodie in you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodieDined on 8/31/2014We were visiting town from Seattle, where we tend to be self-confessed "food snobs." The meal we had at Mizuna rivaled anything we've had recently back home and we will definitely be back for more the next time were in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeanoDined on 8/31/2014Love this restaurant!!! Live in south Florida but usually visit Spokane every year. We ate there twice on our most recent trip. Love that they offer both vegan/vegetarian menu and a menu with meat entrees. We usually pick the vegetarian options but have tried items from both. Delicious drinks - LOVE the Sazarac cocktail - so many delicious and affordable wines by the glass and fantastic food!! Has been around for many years and has not lost its delicious edge!! Service - can at times be slow - but the genuine care and warmth that each server offers is SOO worth any wait. Hope it stays in Spokane for many years to come - eating there is a highlight of our yearly trip!!!Special Features:
- Satisfying in every wayRegallaDined on 8/30/2014We shared a special dinner with my parents, and could not ask for a better dining experience. Food was perfectly prepared, and service was non-intrusive and lovely. We talked about our experience for days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainKootenayFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is our third time here. The menu always has such interesting Choices with great flavors. It's always hard to choose! Portions are large, great value, but the main thing is the way the food taste! Everyone at our table really enjoyed their meal. An absolute must is the trout bruschetta! Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local ingredients w Asian flairazsharaDined on 8/16/2014Mizuna is a low key restaurant perfect for a special occasion or just to enjoy the high quality local food prepared with a subtle Asian influence. They offer two menus - one for vegetarian/vegan diners and another for carnivores. We chose dishes from the carnivore menu. We shared the babyback boar ribs on gorgonzola thyme latkes w blueberry chipotle BBQ sauce - so tender and flavorful we didn't need knives. I had the seared duck served w heirloom carrots, wild rice in a citrus vinaigrette all drizzled w lavender honey. The duck fat was perfectly rendered and the drizzle of honey lent that tiny bit of sweetness to counterbalance the richness of the dish. Dessert was flourless chocolate cake w candied ginger and a blood orange reduction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding experience!CRakDined on 8/15/2014A local friend had recommended this as their favorite place, so we were expecting a nice experience. But it was more. Our server was knowledgeable, helpful, and just the right amount of attentive. Recommendations were spot on. Food was amazing - I loved the incredibly fresh veggies done just right and the complex flavors of the curry. The flourless chocolate torte with ginger was an amazing finish to a fine evening. This restaurant makes me wish I lived in Spokane!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan/Vegetarian Friendly!VeganEater74Dined on 8/14/2014We ordered a half vegan roasted beet and lentil salad and the field roast/shiitake mushroom lettuce wraps. The salad was rather plain without the chevre. The lettuce wraps were outstanding and a highlight of the meal. I ordered the cauliflower and eggplant samosas, and my wife had the Chinese five spice planet tofu. My dish was excellent and I'd recommend it to anyone. The tofu was overpowered by fennel but tasted great with the polenta and apple chutney that it was served with. The staff was attentive and pleasant, great atmosphere, though the view of Macy's wasn't very inspiring but unavoidable. Due to quality of ingredients and homemade preparation, the plates are a bit pricey for budget conscious customers.Special Features:
- Great food; variable servicejackvjrDined on 8/12/2014The food is consistently among the best in town. The Portuguese Clams first plate I had was easily enough for a main course for one or to share with two. The thickened broth was the best I've ever had. My other loved the trout with risotto.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!AubreyeatsDined on 8/12/2014I went to Mizuna with two others on a Tuesday evening. Really glad I made reservations though because it was packed when we showed up! Service was a little slow because of the full house , I think there was a show at the INB that evening. We ordered the gnocchi, stuffed portobello mushrooms, and duck entrees. It was all delicious! Love the marble tables. No wine for us that night but there was a varied list available. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fabulous first anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We were lucky enough to have an evening away from our 2 year old for our anniversary, but we did bring our 8 month old with us and the staff were so friendly and accommodating. He behaved himself very well and allowed us to enjoy an amazing meal! I knocked off two foods from my foodie bucket list and enjoyed every bite! I just wish we had left room for desert :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food againfoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014Once again an excellent dining experience at Mizuna. Food is innovative and beautifully presented, not too mention super delicious. Our party od 4 all had faultless meals. The wait staff is professional and friendly.Special Features:
- aims high, but delivers lowChitownFoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014While the ambience and service was good, the food just didn't deliver. I had great expectations based on the menu descriptions for my meal. I selected a Quinoa salad appetizer and then trout with risotto. While the Quinoa was flavorful, the texture was off. It was very wet and not at all fluffy. The trout tasted like it had been covered with sugar and the risotto was a mushy mess. The portion sizes also seemed extremely large. I couldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- We loved Mizuna!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We had a party of eight on Saturday evening 7/26 - it was a special occasion and we loved our meal, the setting, our server. Everything was wonderful. Thank you!Special Features:
- Really great dining experiencetravellingdiner1104Dined on 7/21/2014We stopped in Spokane on our vacation and tried the highly rated Mizuna. What a great experience . I had the trout and it was fantastic. Service was great. If we lived in Spokane it would be a place we would go to on special occasions often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenMaeDined on 7/13/2014Drove through Spokane on our way to and from a Montana wedding....and we had dinner here both nights! After a total of 4 dishes and 2 desserts, wish we lived close enough for another meal. Salmon, pork chops, clams... all superb. But the sesame crusted ahi salad was a repeat dish. Delicious!! In addition to the great food, our service was efficient and relaxed thanks to Jordan. She remembered every detail of our first visit (including which family member was getting married). A wonderful experience all-around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around WonderfulFoodieJJDined on 7/4/2014My whole family greatly enjoyed our experience here. The ambience was relaxing and fun, the service was excellent and the food was lovely. If I lived in the area Mizuna would be a favorite place to go regularly.Special Features:
- The following 82 reviews are from the Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 6/21/2014Delicious!!!! Must try the flatbread with smoked trout!!! And it's a nice size portion. The shirt rib(special if the day)was great too! Chicken dish was tasty! Love the high tables, so comfortable! Waiters great! Go thee! No... Run!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOlymomVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had a very pleasant experience here. The servers were very engaging and personable. It was relatively quiet early for a Friday, but was full by 7:30 or so. Our table had a halibut special, and seafood pappardelle, and the chicken. It was all good, but we were hoping for excellent. The highly touted carrot cake pleased one who doesn't normally like carrot cake, but didn't thrill those who do. It's still a good spot for downtown and we will likely return on another trip.Special Features:
- kennyjayDined on 6/12/2014Great service, excellent wine list waitress was very knowledgeable about the wine list. Overall great time. Would go back again.Special Features:
- An Excellent Choice in SpokaneTravelingFoodieDined on 6/11/2014This place has its culinary act together! Creative Martinis, very nice wine list and hand-crafted deliciousness in every course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationswanderingoneDined on 6/7/2014We had vegetarians and meat eaters in our group. Everyone agreed the food was spectacular. The service left no complaints, pleasant, prompt and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Perfect ambiance all year around!dineinthe509VIPDined on 6/7/2014I really love Mizuna! It is cozy in the winter with the exposed brick interior and seasonal menu. There is really nothing like it on a nice summer evening when you can sit outside under the bistro lights with a glass of wine. I cannot go there without ordering the Ahi Salad (I have had it 3 times in the last 2 weeks!!) because it is so fresh, light, perfectly seasoned, and a generous portion of fish. The sweet potato quesadilla is tasty too! I definitely can never pass up the vegan carrot cake - always most, a nice spice aspect and never disappoints. I know people can be weary of a vegan dessert, but trust me, you will not regret it! The service is always a little scattered, but everyone is sweet and knowledgeable. Be patient.Special Features:
- PerfectPoquitaDined on 6/3/2014We dined there with some out-of-town guests who were also thoroughly impressed with the evening. It was a business dinner and the waitress was very mindful of that, yet at the same time she was attentive and courteous. the food was just simply wonderfulI would recommend this to a friend.
- very good experienceDaveDined on 5/24/2014Service, food, atmosphere were all very good. This was our first experience & we will return. Next time I will definitely try the vegan menu. Dinner was a great finish for a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placeKileyDined on 5/23/2014The food here was divine. My husband is a meataholic and even he loved the vegetarian dishes. This place puts Cafe Flora in Seattle to shame. The meat dishes especially the smoke trout were also very good. Service was excellent and the restaurant is huge but feels cozy and romantic. The only thing I didn't care for was dessert it was too sweet for my tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2014The flavour was good. The price was good considering the quality and portion. The service was a little slow but server was wonderful.Special Features:
- Culinary DelightFoodEDined on 5/18/2014My daughter wanted a quiet, intimate dinner with immediate family and a close friend for her college graduation celebration. I chose this restaurant based on reviews on line, months ahead of time, from another state. It was perfect that I could make reservations months ahead of time and have confirmation of these reservations. We celebrated with wonderful champagne and incredible appetizers. The trout brochette was agreed by all to be the most incredible. I chose a vegetarian option of grilled vegetables which was fantastic. And my other family members who love meat were equally pleased with their meals. We all chose different options and everyone was impressed. It was a lovely meal and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealChicagofoodfanVIPDined on 5/17/2014We were in Spokane for just 3 nights and after sampling food here our first night, we came back for more our final night in Spokane. Table was great near the window and our server Jocelyn took very good care of us. Highly recommended if you're in Spokane. Great wine, food and service.Special Features:
- Expected very good.. so it was!KDinSpokaneDined on 5/17/2014Everything on the menu is very tempting, so the choices are difficult. Dining partner ordered the duck breast which was cooked perfectly. My order was the special of the evening, Marlin, also cooked just to the right degree. I will mention that the accompaniments were a little over-done. It was a very busy night in town, so service was a little slow, but that was just fine since we had time to enjoy the meal and didn't feel rushed to finish as things slowed down. The server was knowledgeable about the offerings and the wine list. The atmosphere is very contemporary and casual while it is fine dining. Slightly pricey, but worth it. There are not many comparable menus in town. The cheese plate starter: great!Special Features:
- Spokane Gem!ChicagofoodfanVIPDined on 5/15/2014My wife came to town for a graduation. We are from Chicago. Found Mizuna on Open Table, great reviews and gave it a try for late night wine and a couple plates. Fantastic! We're seated outside with a great Oregon Pinot Noir, some olive tapenade, a beet salad and some house made bread. Couldn't have been lovelier. Great service by Jordan. Next time in Spokane, will be there again.Special Features:
- Flavorful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/14/2014Food was well prepared and very tasty. It seems to be an Indian style cuisine, as far as the use of spices is concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening there.Special Features: