La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon
2950 Clarendon Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.latagliatella.us/
- Phone: 5712574600
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 11:30am – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Special Events: Daily Happy Hour food and drink specials Mon-Fri 4-7pm and Sat/Sun 11:30-4
Half Price Select Bottles of Wine Every Tuesday
$3 Bellinis & Mimosas in the Bar and on the Patio All Day Saturdays and Sundays
A word from La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon
Welcome to La Tagliatella Clarendon. We are a European-based Italian restaurant specializing in the rustic culinary traditions of Northern Italy. We import many of our key ingredients: tomatoes from Puglia; parmesan cheese from Emilia Romagna; gorgonzola cheese from Lombardia; buffalo's mozzarella from Campania; mushrooms from Trentino's region and focacia from Genova...We offer insalate, antipasti, our very own proprietary pastas and sauces; Napoletano-style pizze and several veal or filet mignon entrees. And don't pass on our desserts - they are truly unique and delicious. We have designed our restaurant with a beautiful full service bar for diners to enjoy Happy Hour, bar dining and socializing while enjoying one of our Specialty Cocktails, great wine or draft beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (12)romantic (12)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good spotCCO1Dined on 10/12/2013Earlier reviewers noted being charged for bread. Our server brought us bread, even extra bread, and there was no charge. The service was quite good - attentive - and when our server was working other tables, the manager got us to go bags and settled the tab. The food is good, not great, but it's a nice place. We had our 11 and 8 year old with us and they loved the place.Special Features:
- Great Place hang out & good food...KyriakiChrisVIPDined on 10/11/2013it is not one of the best Italian place in the metro but it has its poteltial, give time and training to make it sophisticated but not stuffy and they will be fine. the place is very youthful and you can have place to make it private, romantic and fun-noisy. it is in the heart of youthful-preppy Arlington area which add more excitement. thank you for the good time. we enjoyed the experience and the ambiance. we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerValentinaDined on 10/8/2013We went to La Tagliatella for my roommates birthday dinner and were impressed. The servicer had a weird attitude about him but the food was outstanding! Can't go wrong with any of the pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian in ClarendonevonovichVIPDined on 9/13/2013A welcome addition to the Clarendon scene. We sat outside (formerly the Restaurant 3 porch!) and had a great meal of Chianti Classico (Banfi) and pasta dishes. The only draw back was that when we asked for bread - the waiter hestitated and said "we have bread but there's a charge." A little odd, but we ordered it any way. It was hot and a light foccacia with different toppings. Loved it! The pastas are reasonably priced, but if they added 25 cents to each meal, I'm sure they could pay for the bread...something worth considering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely settingCranberriesVIPDined on 9/13/2013The beautiful decor made it feel like a special occasion, even at lunchtime. Exceptional waiter. Pasta very well prepared. Bombe dessert was yummy. Super-fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vile foodLocalDinerDined on 9/7/2013Ordered fresh pasta dish - it was inedible and tasted like flour. Also ordered salad with fried goat cheese - instead of being lightly flash fried it was saturated in oil and the texture was altered to a gooey substance. Never again!
- Great for families and groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2013Excellent signature cocktails. Very Good solid Italian food, but not quite spectacular. Our server was wonderful. Would recommend for a fun night out with a group or with kids (it's family-friendly, yet the bar offerings make for a nice night out for adults). Nice decor. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Italian with ComfortOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2013Decor is upscale with lots to look at and a comfortable feel of a well-appointed Italian bistro. Menu is really nice, lots of choices. Our server was really very attentive and informed - took extra time to explain menu and made some excellent recommendations. Food was very good, but sauce portions were not generous enough, and our pasta dish needed to be reheated. Definitely a nice place and will no doubt return, but La Tagliatella needs to step it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping For MoreWishingformoreVIPDined on 8/26/2013This was my second time trying La Tagliatella. An over-priced restaurant with mediocre food. Sadly and unlike every Italian restaurant I've been in, this restaurant does not provide bread with your dinner unless of course you purchase it. In lieu of bread, we were given a small bowl of miniature olives. The food was not well-seasoned and left much to be desired. I was really disappointed as I was 'hoping for more' the second time around.Special Features:
- Poor ServicerestaurantweekerDined on 8/24/2013Maybe it is because we were there for restaurant week, but the service was just terrible. First, they didn't give us the restaurant week menu, we had to request it. The menu said first course came with unlimited focaccia and a salad but we were never given the bread. Without it, the first course would have been pretty lame for the price we were paying for it. Eventually we had to request it, just like we had to request the menus. Then I ordered a pizza without mushrooms. The waitress went to the kitchen and confirmed with me they could make it without mushrooms, yet somehow when the pizza came out it had mushrooms on it. Ordered 4 samples of gelato, she didn't explain the flavors, but they weren't what I ordered.Special Features:
- Vacation returnIrishdiverDined on 8/24/2013Outside dining, great wine list and food was exceptional.Special Features:
- food and service amazingLincolnDined on 8/23/2013We sat down at 5:30p for dinner, service was excellend and food was amazing. We eat dairy free and they provided us with selections thatcould be modified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the homemade pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2013Amazing fresh homemade pasta. Excellent service. We avoided for a while due to bad reviews. They appear to have gotten their act together--at least on the pasta and waitstaff side of things.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2013I was really excited to try La Tagliatella and it did not disappoint. Our party of four decided to step outside our comfort zone and order entrees that we normally would not select. Everything was amazing! Appetizer - Carpaccio Pepe Nero and it was deliciously tender and melted in your mouth. Dinner - Veal Scallopine,Tortellone stuffed with Mushroom and Truffle cream sauce,Napoletano Brochette and the Sei Stagioni pizza. DELICIOUS! Dessert - Tiramisú, Bocconcino and Mascarpone Ice Cream with Cioccolato. They were all so good! While we had to roll ourselves out of La Tagliatella because we were so stuffed, we loved all the food and plan to return again. The service was great, atmosphere was lively and overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch ItalianBillJDined on 8/21/2013Three of us ordered three entries to share among us (family style) Nothing dissapointed! The pasta is done to perfection al dente, the pizza was thin and crisp (eggplant) and tasty. The service was friendly and just right. Not hovering, but around enough to assure everyone was happy.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Worked!janeDined on 8/20/2013i know one of the goals of Restaurant Week is to entice us to try places we haven't tried before. Well, it worked! We were a group of 4 friends from work who took a very quick Metro ride to the restaurant. We each ordered the from the Restaurant Week Menu [although we had to ask for it] -- we ordered salad, pizza and dessert and shared our pizzas. They are the very thin crust and were about the size of a dinner plate -- plenty to eat and each one was delicious and distinctive. Also, they served us the most delicious Focaccia La Tagliatella -- could have just eaten that and been happy. only downside is that it takes a bit more than 1 hr to do plus travel so lunch time for us was a treat. But i will be back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great homemade pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013Love the homemade pasta! Have enjoyed the food every time I went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade pasta worth the tripTeagirlVIPDined on 8/16/2013I love pasta but have it very rarely. Not only was this worth the trip, but I'm already thinking about the next time I'll go back. Friendly service and great selection. Love that you can mix and match the pastas and sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place is worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2013Went there for the first time on 8/15/13. Our server was nice as was the hostess. It is a little odd they charge you for bread if you want to with you meal, but it's not run of the mill stuff either. Place was a little slow for a Thursday night, our server gave us plenty of time to talk and review the menu, sometimes almost too much time. Overall good experience. One thing that I did notice was the place didn't work as a team, servers appeared to be concerned with their areas. This isn't a big deal when the restaurant is slow but certainly something that could impact your experience on very busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ItalianNancyVIPDined on 8/8/2013The menu was great - lots of pasta options. The service was exceptional... the waiter noted that the portions were large, so my guest and I split an entre which we still could not finish. Wine list very nice.Special Features:
- Great service, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2013Great service, great food! We loved being able to pick our own fresh pasta and combine it with our own choice of sauces. The small dessert portions were perfect! Very reasonably priced, great atmosphere, convenient location. Definitely a return engagement restaurant.Special Features:
- pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2013la tagliatella pizza was delicious! perfect happy hour price too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy - fattening !!! in a good wayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/6/2013You will leave here buzzed from the noise and good wine and possibly needing to unbutton your waistband, but it is a friendly little bar/restaurant with good quality ingredients in an accessible Italian menu. Also walking distance from Clarendon metro. A good choice if you're not watching your weight!Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambience!MarylandMikeDined on 8/1/2013I very much enjoyed the dining experience at La Tagliatella. The Tagliatelle pizza with thinly shaved eggplant slices, tomatoes and cheeses with honey was quite tasty. My colleague had a delicious pesto pasta dish where the pesto just coated the pasta without any excess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely satisfyingSteveDined on 7/31/2013Reaally enjoyed the evening... good atmosphere + good service + really good food. + nice glass of wine = nice night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizzaKiawah1Dined on 7/31/2013We followed prior reviews and ordered a couple of pizzas. Fantastic. Fresh ingredients and unique combinations that worked. Not a slice left behind. Prices very good and a value packed happy hour. Only complaint was the service. Not very helpful, not very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAlbenaVIPDined on 7/30/2013Really good food. I was surprise. Italian is my favorite but never try Northern Italy food. We all love it. Nice neighborhood, excellent service. Moreover you can do happy hour on the patio.Special Features:
- Usually solidAlexEatsVIPDined on 7/28/2013Been here 5 times since it's opening. Our second time, we did not have a good experience with cold food and other issues. They were very apologetic and made up for it, so we have been back since. Every other time was a solid experience. Expect the typical tradeoff of slower service outside as always, but excellent people watching in Clarendon. Choosing your own pasta/sauce combination is their novelty which can be fun or overwhelming depending on your personality. Portions are large so it's possible to get a reasonable dinner if you order smart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There was an obnoxiously loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2013There was an obnoxiously loud group that was dining in the same space. All the other diners were seemingly unhappy by their yelling and laughter. We couldn't even hear each other speak at our table. It would have been nice if the wait staff would have addressed it. We wanted to eat quick and get out of there!Special Features:
- A hint of ItaliamellyVIPDined on 7/20/2013This was my third visit to tagilatella, and I have to say it just gets better and better. When the restaurant first opened, it was different. It was something new that I had never seen a restaurant do before. A list of pastas, a list of sauces, pick and chose to find the best fit for your pallet. It was an awesome concept, but was missing something --- chicken. And low and behold; they LISTENED to their patrons and actually changed the menu! Amazing. It's nice to know that they were willing to adjust their idea to make the masses happy, instead of sticking to their guns and inevitably losing customers. By the way, it's the best lasagna I've ever had in my life. Who needs the chicken on pasta, when the lasagna is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2013Bad service, mediocre food. Appetizer came 2 minutes before our meal. Was promised a free glass of wine after an accident with our bottle of wine (waiter error, not ours) and then charged for the glass of wine. Unimpressed!
- Nice Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2013Salads were wonderful- very fresh. Penne Pasta was not cooked enough(tough and chewy)- sauce was excellent. Service was good - however, the waitress cleared the table before everyone was finished which made those still eating feel "rushed." No need to clear the table of dishes until everyone is finished! Wine on Tuesday evening 50% off - so that was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite Italian RestaurantswmboVIPDined on 7/14/2013This was our first visit....won't be our last. From the friendly chat with the bartender to the attentiveness of the waiter, the service was impeccable. The wine list was nicely balanced. The four of us each got different meals and they were all outstanding. No room for dessert...maybe next time.Special Features:
- Heard good and bad before we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2013I was hoping this place would be on the excellent end of the reviews when I went the other night. The service for our party of 4 was good and we would have been sat immediately without our reservation. The only good thing I thought was the pizza. The pasta was fresh but the sauces were lacking. We don't like cream based and almost all but a few are cream based. It's way over priced for why it was and I doubt I would ever return.
- My first time there, recommendedxxxxDined on 7/9/2013My first time there, recommended by my daughter, good food and beverages. Service was good, very attentive, helpful and not pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must love pasta!KimmyBDined on 7/2/2013You could get the pizza, but the pick and pair pasta and sauces are amazing. They are served family style, which is great to be able to try everyone's, but our server didnt tell us this. He did do a great job of helping choose combinations. It was delicious. We can't wait to back!Special Features:
- A good place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2013This was our first time visiting La Tagliatella. We had been wanting to go for a while and we were not disappointed. We invited friends to meet us there, which is always a big gamble when visiting a new place. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Our waiter was very good and had some excellent recommendations. He helped in a big way making the evening so enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for homemade pastaJeffVIPDined on 6/29/2013I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of choices in the menu (maybe almost overwhelming), but something different I haven't seen before. The mix and match pasta/sauce is great for flexibility. The staff is very friendly and helpful! Portion size is almost too big, so most people can split one dish very easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was impressed with the ambiance;giniroVIPDined on 6/25/2013I was impressed with the ambiance; it's great if you're looking to go out on a date. The food was pretty good but the service was what stood out. Our waiter was very friendly and patient. Being first-timers there, he took time to go through some of our questions and when we accidentally spilled a glass of wine, he didn't bat an eye and was very professional.Special Features:
- Pizzas and pastas are great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/23/2013Pizzas and pastas are great. Service was superb. Definitely a do-again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.