La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon
2950 Clarendon Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.latagliatella.us/
- Phone: 5712574600
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 11:30am – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Special Events: Daily Happy Hour food and drink specials Mon-Fri 4-7pm and Sat/Sun 11:30-4
Half Price Select Bottles of Wine Every Tuesday
$3 Bellinis & Mimosas in the Bar and on the Patio All Day Saturdays and Sundays
A word from La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon
Welcome to La Tagliatella Clarendon. We are a European-based Italian restaurant specializing in the rustic culinary traditions of Northern Italy. We import many of our key ingredients: tomatoes from Puglia; parmesan cheese from Emilia Romagna; gorgonzola cheese from Lombardia; buffalo's mozzarella from Campania; mushrooms from Trentino's region and focacia from Genova...We offer insalate, antipasti, our very own proprietary pastas and sauces; Napoletano-style pizze and several veal or filet mignon entrees. And don't pass on our desserts - they are truly unique and delicious. We have designed our restaurant with a beautiful full service bar for diners to enjoy Happy Hour, bar dining and socializing while enjoying one of our Specialty Cocktails, great wine or draft beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (12)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- The food was okay -- CesarOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/1/2014The food was okay -- Cesar salad was presented well and tasted good, but the pasta was nothing to write home about. They have a concept where you can pick your type of pasta and your sauce, and then add protein if you want. We did this and all members of the party felt it was fairly bland. The service was awful, we waited 30 minutes for our dishes to be cleared even after we specifically asked for them to be cleared.
- Birthday dinnerdrbobVIPDined on 2/20/2014Our waiter was attentive and perfect Appetizers were very good - carpaccio and focaccio I asked for a side of bolognese and it was there in a flash Chicken Milanese was excellent We had a pizza with duck that tried too hard - not a good topping on a pizza But the pizza was thin crust and very good on its own No room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviews are about rightGalahDined on 2/19/2014Good experience, nice place, good food, service was OK.Special Features:
- Excellent SaucesWarg44Dined on 2/18/2014A nice place and I would definitely go back. Rigatoni Alfredo was great. The only glitch was the service, which was a bit spotty but I suspect it was because the waiter was new. He'll get better with time. No harm no foul. Give it a try, the food is great!
- Pleasantly SurprisedkrpagoniVIPDined on 2/15/2014I had read some of the negative reviews and was a bit weary, but decided to give Tagliatella a shot. I was pleasantly surprised. I found that our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. The food was good and there were plenty of options, portions were pretty good for the price too. We went with a group of 8 (including 2 young children) and they were able to easily accommodate. There wasn't a kids menu but they had no problem working with us to make sure the kids were satisfied.Special Features:
- Too Loud and Too FastPenguin44Dined on 2/15/2014The table was quiet - until they seated two families with infants next to our table. That was fun. The service was fair - until the waiter tried to remove my wife's plate before she was finished. He just grabbed it to "get it out of your way." Hmmm. I guess that he considers a half-eaten dinner to be a nuisance. After all, two of the other people at our table were finished. So, we didn't need to eat any more.
- Excellent CocktailsGraceDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriends and I had a wonderful night out. We really enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and the cocktails were exceptional. My friend ordered some sort of black cherry cocktail that was phenomenal while I had a gin drink that was nothing short of amazing. It's difficult to find a nice classy atmosphere around Clarendon but La Tagliatella is just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great server, pass on the cocktailsHCalhounDined on 2/14/2014The food was good and service was quick but the blackberry buffalo trace cocktail tasted like day old jungle juice.Special Features:
- Delicious, great presentationSassAndSweetDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I particularly enjoy this restaurant together - and from time to time stop here, without reservations, for dinner after work, or for Sunday lunch after services or errands. We enjoy it enough that we also decided it would make a great spot for a romantic Valentine's dinner. The restaurant required reservations (no problem, thank you Open Table), and offered a pre fix menu which looked all right, but when we arrived they also said we could order off the normal menu - which we did! The food was delicious, the presentation was gorgeous, and the service was courteous and prompt. We will certainly continue to patron this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great ServiceAussieDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I like this restaurant for its good food and great service. Our waitress was very helpful with wine selection and was very knowledgable about the wine and food served at the restaurant. It is a nice place to have a casual meal and on the night we were there, Valentines day, there were many young couples enjoying the food, wine and obviously the company. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Somewhat disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014Appetizers were tasty and fresh, as were salads. Entrees, particularly chicken and veal, were quite disappointing, with flat tasting meat, despite the sauces. The meat tasted as if it had been frozen, not fresh, and the portions were small. Accompanying greens and potatoes were nicely prepared. House white wine tasted like low-quality wine, even for a house wine. Server was pleasant and efficient, though rushed.
- Very Loud and Very RushedPenguin44Dined on 2/7/2014Although our table was in a quiet section on arrival, the noise became louder as the "evening" progressed. Our service was very rushed - as if the wait staff were competing to see how fast they could move us out. I guess that they receive a bonus for the most seatings per night. If that were the case, they could probably accommodate 5 sets of diners in a 4 hour evening. If you are looking for a fast, moderately expensive plate of pasta and don't mind shouting at your dinner companions, this is the restaurant for you.
- This restaurant did not blowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/28/2014This restaurant did not blow me away. What I liked was the half priced bottles of wine for a Thursday night. Prices were generally reasonable, service was decent but not great, and the food was average for my experiences of italian. Portions were on the smaller side which is good or bad depending on what you are looking for but worth noting.Special Features:
- good consistent ItalianmreimDined on 1/25/2014This place has one of the most diverse pasta menu offer I gs in northern Virginia. The light cream truffle sauce with the wide homemade pasta was amazing and I'd highly recommend it. The wine list isn't bad, but its nothing to write home about either. I've been here twice and the first time service was a bit more attentive. They have always been extremely nice and accommodating, however. A big place, so a reservation helps but walk-ins can get tables on a sat night within 15 minutes or so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2014We have been excited to try La Tagliatella since we saw it replace 3 Bar. We had always thought 3 Bar had great food, but had felt that the atmosphere inside was dark and serious... Well, La Tagliatella's remodeling changed everything, the place is vibrant and beautifully decorated. The service is great, very considerate and knowledgable, and the meal well-timed. The flavor of the housemade pastas, and particularly the meatballs, is outstanding. The music is current and it's a fun atmosphere. We were on a date and really enjoyed that it was both romantic and energetic! We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Our waiter was superb OurdrbobVIPDined on 1/16/2014Our waiter was superb Our dinners were very good, large portions, served promptly Pizza was paper thin and delicious Pasta was fresh and home made. I asked for extra sauce and they brought out a large serving -very generous We just moved to Arlington and this will be our neighborhood regularSpecial Features:
- Met friends at the bar andDCdinerDined on 1/16/2014Met friends at the bar and moved to a table at the bar for dinner. Bartender returned home from New Orleans for many years was great!. Sorry, I forgot his name. Food was excellent. Waitress was very attentive and helpful with the menu. Everyone loved their food...gnocchi, risotto,salmon....excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerPeeKayDined on 1/11/2014Food and service was good. Seating was a bit tight. Would suspect there are other places in Clarendon that are similar or better. Had this restaurant had less competition it would probably stand out more. Did enjoy the Sangria :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it yourselfvaJoeVIPDined on 1/8/2014After avoiding the restaurant because of Tom Sietsema's review, our teenage daughters convinced us to try it. We were pleasantly surprised. I guess they have upped their game after a terrible review. Nothing wonderful, but very solid. Great for family dinning.
- Amazingluv2dineDined on 1/4/2014The food was amazing. The tomato and mozzarella appetizer was delicious, the best I have ever had. The drink menu is great. Has a good variety. The fresh pasta is great! I am already planning our next night out at La Tagliatella.Special Features:
- Need some spicediakDined on 12/31/2013The place looked beautiful and I was very excited to try this place out. The salads and drinks were great but the pasta left a bit to be desired. The pasta itself was fresh but the sauces on our dishes were a little blah. It needed more spice - even just some pepper. My husband had the carbanara and the sauce was very runny - carbanara should stick to the pasta. We added some Parmesan cheese and that helped a lot. But it shouldn't need that to add flavor. I had the mushroom truffle sauce - It was good but again lacked any punch of flavor. I could have bought can sauce and it would have tasted the same. This sounds harsh, I know, but its Italian fare, use some spices. I'd give it one more time since they are new and maybe finding their way.Special Features:
- New Year's DinnerpDubDined on 12/31/2013Hostess was efficient in seating us. Special for New Year's Eve was priced higher than if items were ala carte - odd! Not exactly a "special". Service was adequate but dining room was loud. I know it was a holiday but with all hard surfaces, there was nothing to absorb the sound. Food came and was good but not stellar.
- Went here with a few couplesJennaDined on 12/31/2013Went here with a few couples for NYE. It was delicious!! Great food, sauces, and wine. we were very pleased.Special Features:
- 1st timeandyDined on 12/31/2013Overall a very good meal. Great Italian food, nice menu selection, and good service at a modest price for this area. We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good price, menu, food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013Good price, menu, food and location. Attractive interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experience here!HoosierVIPDined on 12/27/2013Had a great experience here! They originally brought out non-gluten free pasta, upon realizing their mistake, bent over backwards to make the whole thing right. Apologized profusely and did everything to keep the night great. We were greatly impressed with how they handled the whole thing. Food was excellent, dessert was as well. We will return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still searching...italianfoodieDined on 12/26/2013We've been searching for our Italian restaurant "home" in Arlington, and La Tagliatella is not going to be it. The food wasn't bad-it was just missing something that made it worth the price (although the prices weren't bad either, going out to dinner is still a pricey experience these days). The service was fine. This is actually probably a place you can reliably get some Italian food that doesn't knock your socks off but isn't terrible either, which is a lower bar than we want to set for a place we would want to call our "favorite"...
- Outstanding ServiceCherieoVIPDined on 12/20/2013It is so refreshing to find a restaurant that is so focused on providing top notch service! Unbeknownst to us, the kitchen sent out the wrong sauce for one of our dishes (they sent the truffle & mushroom instead of truffle & parmesan). When my husband asked for a little more sauce, the manager realized that we hadn't received what we ordered (even though the mistake was also delicious), and insisted on replacing the meal with the correct one...and removed the cost of that meal from our bill. The waiter (who had correctly entered the order) was also very apologetic and made sure that everything was remedied quickly. This is the type of service that makes you want to return frequently and tell everyone you know to go there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and ComfortableSally5Dined on 12/17/2013Thanks for a lovely evening with very attentive staff. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and InvitingVinnyDined on 12/7/2013My family and I attended this restaurant with some members of our extended family that were visiting for the weekend. The restaurant was very inviting and we really enjoyed the tasty meals and wonderful choice of dishes on the menu (especially because several dishes suited my Mom who is a strict vegetarian).Special Features:
- The food was old, salty, andsparkleDined on 12/6/2013The food was old, salty, and awful---Costco dining at it's worst. Tomato sauce overpowered the pasta but maybe this was a good thing. The draft beer was fine. In my opinion the thumping dinner music didn't make me want to linger over dinner. Restaurant has an identity crisis---is it a with it bar scene or a place for dining. Bar scene is alive and well, restaurant/kitchen needs help.Special Features:
- Great Pasta and Sauces!PinehurstResidentVIPDined on 12/2/2013La Tagliatella has a great variety of pastas and sauces, as well as seafood and meat dishes Italian style. Good drinks and service...what is not to like. I'll be back next time in Arlington!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu optionskarenDined on 11/23/2013Met a friend who is a vegetarian, so I was looking for more than the same old pasta and sauce or salad options. This menu was creative and had a lot of items that I wanted to try. She had a pasta dish with a mushroom sauce and I had risotto with chorizo. Both dishes were great. The receipt even had a $10 off your next meal coupon if you fill in a survey. The service was great too. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice SurpriseluvzpastaDined on 11/19/2013I just moved the the neighborhood back in the spring, but I'm only now getting to know the local restaurants. I passed this place a million times and always wondered what it was like. I met a friend for dinner and it was quite surprising! I really loved the CYO Pasta menu on the back. I have food allergies, so this was a really great way to get around it. The decor was really neat inside as well and it kind of reminded me of the inside of some of the opera houses in Europe. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La TagliatellaR6RydahGurlDined on 11/10/2013When my out-of-town friends said they wanted Italian for dinner I took them here, when we got there the hostess was waiting for us. We were promptly seated, but that's where the service started to go downhill. The hostess put the menus on the corner of the table and without a single word, walked away. We were so busy chatting we barely noticed, and I distributed the menus. It took a while for our waiter to finally come around and greet us, and no apologies for the wait, no explanation on the menu, recommendations, etc. He also didn't bother to tell us they were out of a particular item, and was not helpful at all. He also made us feel rushed the entire way through. He even brought us leftover containers before we were done eating!Special Features:
- Lots of optionsGlutenfreeDined on 11/3/2013The pasta selection is great- a whole page of the menu dedicated to different kinds of pasta and sauce. They even have a gluten free pasta option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Waste Your MoneyAshleyDined on 10/26/2013I ate at La Tagliatella in the second month it was open and the food was mediocre, which I chalked up to the restaurant being new. The food has actually managed to get worse, and the service was horrible. It truly is a waste of your money and time with all of the other good restaurants in Clarendon.
- Great pasta and salads!Runner10VIPDined on 10/19/2013Wonderful place for a pre-marathon dinner with a group. Spicy pasta was a bit too spicy, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carelessmookieVIPDined on 10/15/2013everything was good except they forgot to acknowledge we arrived and cancelled reservation after we left? What a hassle to get that corrected. Even had to send a copy of receipt to get the points. Hostess needs some better training. But assuming that the food was great and they have a good wine deal before 7 pm. 1/2 price up to $75 wine. Cant beat that!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotCCO1Dined on 10/12/2013Earlier reviewers noted being charged for bread. Our server brought us bread, even extra bread, and there was no charge. The service was quite good - attentive - and when our server was working other tables, the manager got us to go bags and settled the tab. The food is good, not great, but it's a nice place. We had our 11 and 8 year old with us and they loved the place.Special Features: