Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines
421 S 227th St
Des Moines, WA 98198-4612Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.anthonys.com/
- Phone: 2068241947
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Duane Sullivan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private waterfront view room is comfortable for groups up to 50 people for a business meeting, or family celebration. We are committed to providing you and your guests a perfect experience with custom menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Jane or Dana 2068241947
A word from Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines
Locally owned waterfront restaurant dedicated to giving our guests a truly Northwest dining experience, Anthony’s has earned the reputation for the finest fresh seafood, perfectly prepared and expertly served with an uncompromising commitment to quality and value. We feature fresh seasonal and sustainable fish, and shellfish from our own seafood company accompanied by Northwest wines and micro brews as well our "Best of the Season" produce featured in our housemade desserts, salads, entrees, and beverages. Anthony’s Des Moines features a lovely panoramic view of Puget Sound, and the Olympic Mountains. Open daily for lunch with a casual style no reservation necessary restaurant on the first floor featuring seafood, pastas, salads, burgers, and fish tacos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines - Best Restaurants in Des Moines ›
Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (66)special occasion (39)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (19)romantic (18)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great ServiceDining2nightDined on 1/10/2014The food was delicious and the service we received from Amanda was spot on. She was outstanding. We were finally seated 20 minutes after our reservation time. The first thing Amanda did was extend apologies for the long wait and offered an appetizer on the house. Everything our party of 5 ordered was absolutely delicious and the bread pudding was the perfect end to the meal. Complements to the chef and complements to whoever made the decision to hire Amanda. She is top notch.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsBluegirlDined on 1/5/2014We come here for birthday, anniversaries, etc. the food is always excellent, the atmosphere is perfect for conversation. Lots of multigenerational families enjoying each other's company. My only suggestion is that the hostess staff could be more friendly and warm. The wait staff is amazing.Special Features:
- Great food and service.Coreyj0724Dined on 1/3/2014On vacation in Seattle and wanted to get some local seafood. Had a great experience. Our waitress was prompt and the food was fantastic. It is right on the water so it is great for a romantic evening. I would recommend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYE dinnerLove2dineDined on 12/31/2013My family and I chose Anthony's Homeport for our NYE dinner not only because we were lucky to find a reservation open the night before, but because we've always had a great experience there. The waitress was awesome and the food was perfect. Steak, prawns & a baked potato...my favorite meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met with old friends for lunchTerryDined on 12/30/2013Met with old friends for lunch and could not have been better. Window table overlooking the marina, reasonable noise level allowing us to catch up; excellent light lunch menu - does not get better than that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Waterfront DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2013Anthony's in Des Moines has it all. You can have a wonderful Sunday Brunch, a drop in visit to the great bar with wonderful lunch and a romantic evening out - all with a view in any direction. The wait staff is wonderful and seem to read your mind. If all of that isn't enough - the food is very good and always take advantage of their seasonal specialties....leave room for the best desserts around. We don't just go there on special occasions, but in the rain as well. Thanks Anthony's for being in Des Moines, and being very consistent in your excellent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always love AnthonysdjcallDined on 12/19/2013We do monthly happy hour and our fave spot is antbonys!! One of the best happy hours around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than what we expected2inKentDined on 12/18/2013We love this restaurant and go there as often as we can. This time, however, the food wasn't that good for the price.Special Features:
- great foodstingerDined on 11/30/2013The Salmon and salad was exceptional and very tastySpecial Features:
- Des Moines Anthony's Our Local GemKentKonnoisseurDined on 11/29/2013Whenever I need to meet freinds or clients for lunch or dinner, I choose Anthony's. There's nothing worse that meeting up someplace where the food and service is subpar. I love to place clients in view of water, mountains, boats, birds and people - any Anthony's will give them a flavor of the great Pacific Northwest with the views and menu they offer. I love how they feature NW wines and locally grown food. On top of all of this, Anthony's let's me give my clients a stellar experience without breaking my pocketbook. The Des Moines Anthony's is our neighborhood gem. The view of the boats and yacht club, Maury and Vashon Islands, The Olympic Mountains, King Fishers, Great Blue Herons - AND great food - it doesn't get any better that this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerBesteDined on 11/25/2013Looked for a nice place to eat and visit - not too far from the airport. Met friends with a layover and took them to Anthony's HomePort since I have liked Anthonys' where we live (Tacoma) and have visited (SanDiego). It met my expectations. We had a nice corner table and enjoyed our food and visit. I would recommend it again. We frequent the Anthony's at Point Defiance as it is closest to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodssseattleDined on 11/18/2013Seafood and steaks were cooked to perfection...all special requests done perfectly.Special Features:
- food was so-soDadsbirthdaydinnermehDined on 11/1/2013I took my dad out for his 79th birthday on Friday and I swear I'm not a picky eater. I eat everything that doesn't eat me first, but I ordered the Mahi-Mahi that said it was done with Macadamia nuts, which I love. The fish was way overcooked and had almost no flavor to speak of. The "sauce" if you can call it that, seemed like it was maybe just butter, and the macadamia nuts weren't even chopped up and they tasted stale and looked like they'd just been thrown on the plate after the fish was overcooked. My Caesar salad was doused in dressing and I had to dab it off on the plate. It was kind of an unpleasant dining experience, especially since the dinner for 2 was $100. Some flavor next time would be great.Special Features:
- Our server for the eveningHalfmoonHoneyDined on 10/19/2013Our server for the evening was Julie K. Very attentive. Food was good.Special Features:
- Great Management ResponsivenesstravelerVIPDined on 10/16/2013We had an unfortunate experience on our last visit to Anthony's, the management team responded quickly and kindly to get us back. They have solidified to us this is a top notch restaurant and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server Mallory was exceptional,MorganVIPDined on 10/7/2013Our server Mallory was exceptional, courteous, attentive and quick with recommendations on both the wine and dinner menu. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another tryPegstercougDined on 9/29/2013We had a bad experience long ago and put off a Return until now. This time, we were promptly seated, Promptly served, received attentive--but not overbearing service. Also, the food was well prepared. The fruit appetizer and the coffee cake with cinnamon butter was a great way to quell rumbling stomachs until the main courses. We will go back--and not wait 20 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sunset viewsMattCVIPDined on 9/26/2013Went there the first night it reopened from a utility shut down for a few days. Caesar salad was a little wilted and its famed fried oysters a little sub par. Much quieter than normal since most people didn't know it was reopened. It wouldn't stay quiet long.Special Features:
- Always greatpat1VIPDined on 9/20/2013I really enjoy this restaurant. The early dinners are a great bargain ($20 for appetizer, salad, entree and dessert!) and have always been delicious. Out waitress was nice enough but seemed a bit preoccupied. To be fair it was a Friday and they are always pretty busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would like to know why IJoyBVIPDined on 9/14/2013I would like to know why I did not receive points for this reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2013Salmon was not up to our expectations. I personally liked my meal. I had the scallops and the seasonal salad was wonderful, but others in my group were disappointed.Special Features:
- Corn on the Cob ???DogMomDined on 8/27/2013the meal was enjoyable- nice view, service was average and cheerful....guess my one issue was the meal veggie being a half a corn on the cob. Strange veggie to serve when 80% of the lunch clientele is older and may have dental issues. Plus eating with fingers in a non-BBQ restaurant. Server should have been able to offer a different veggie for diners.Special Features:
- Delightful placeBlueAliiDined on 8/23/2013Excellent service from very friendly, welcoming staff. Very good food -- fish obviously the center attraction. Thje view of the boat harbor was pure fun.Special Features:
- My dad requested coming tounsatisfiedDined on 8/22/2013My dad requested coming to this location for his retirement dinner both since he enjoys the food and the environment. Overall, the food was good and the service was nice. The one thing that was frustrating was that we requested a nice table with a great view. Since most tables at this restaurant have a water view, this should not have been a tough request. But they didn't pay any attention to requests made online. They sat us in front of a door! with partial views. I should have said something upon being seated because they were other tables available. But I didn't and it turned out everyone in our party felt the same way. I wish this restaurant would have at least paid some attention to a request made upon reservation.
- Great TimessseattleDined on 8/17/2013All five of us had outstanding seafood dishes cooked perfectly. Appetizer list outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast service for sureFeinschmeckerVIPDined on 8/14/2013Our server was on the ball. Never an empty glass. She was alway checking up on us (and other tables too), to assure we had everything we needed. The food was OK. Had the King Salmon special. It wasn't all that specially prepared. The fish had a poached rather then grilled texture and lacked spices. Beans where flavorless. Meal was overpriced. When we arrived on time for our reservation, we were told it would be 15 minutes. I oversaw walk-ins being told their wait would be 20 minutes. Why make reservations? I doubt we will come to thisnlocation again.Special Features:
- Loved it!emptynestersinkentDined on 8/10/2013Had a Great Dinner served by a friendly,professional server and priced fairly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWSydneyDined on 8/9/2013Great restaurant with amazing views. Food was delicious and service was great nSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced with just OK food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2013Overpriced with just OK food, definitely expected more. Nice views for sunset.
- Waitress was lackingrabbitbyteDined on 7/26/2013First, the food was fantastic, and the ambiance was great. Our waitress was sorely lacking in basic social skills. She did not ruin our experience, but it didn't help either. She used as few words as possible. "What do you want?", "sure", "dessert?" Why people like her feel the need to have a job that deals with people is beyond me. My wife wanted another wine, but was never asked. If was as if we were bothering her.Special Features:
- South Sound Waterfront TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2013Anthony's Home Port Des Moines is a wonderful find. Looking west over a small marina and break wall, it offers views of the Sound and, with proper timing, lovely sunsets. The patio is a good size and layout, not too loud, with lush, flower-filled window boxes adding color and life to the ambiance. We found it slightly understaffed when we were there (a Thursday with a 7:15p reservation), with service slow and spotty (no water soon after arrival, flatware not delivered until after the food and upon our request)--but overall the experience was so good we would gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidified my reputationAJ13Dined on 7/15/2013Was in town on business with a couple of colleagues and decided to try Anthony's. I had met success at a couple other seafood restaurants in the area and wanted to try Anthony's. As they put it, my reputation, was on the line with my choice of restaurant. I had a standby in Des Moines, but wanted to reach out a bit. It was a great decision. As for the meal, the clam chowder was OK, the ahi was excellent, and the wine the waitress recommended was superb. I don't usually have dessert unless the meal is very good, since dessert is on par or slightly worse; however this time I had the mousse and it was excellent. Waitress was very attentive and knoweldgeable about the menu and wines. If anything, I wish they had more outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful celebration for familyWindowsDined on 7/12/2013My wife's birthday with family. Excellent service and food! Well done! Had to wait for window table due to large size of party. But they gave us appetizers for waiting. Class act!Special Features:
- Great place to bring visitorsKentKonnoisseurDined on 7/11/2013I Iove the sunset dinners at Anthony's. Salmon croccantini appetizers are delicious. Anthony's does seafood right - our salmon duet was cooked to perfection. Watching the sailboat races from our table was really fun. They are held every Thursday. Being down on the marina, watching the sailboat races on a clear, warm evening, enjoying Anthony's fabulous food, people and ambiance, is one of my favortie things to do - and it's the first place I want to take any out of town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely view and locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2013Anthony's is always a favorite if you love the waterfront views and some fresh fish options. Especially if you are entertaining out of town guests. The specials are usually quite good and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of TenTablefor4Dined on 7/3/2013...timely seating, little kid friendly, out of the way. Superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like an Old Country ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2013Went here with my whole family. They were nice to give us a seat by the windows for a view. The service was very nice. Food was good too. The whole place is retro 1992 with mauve and teal. The customers were all older and so was the staff. It just reminded me of the old time golf country club. Overall: Parking was easy, food was good, and service was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than Most Nearby AlternativegregxVIPDined on 6/19/2013First of all make sure you do not go to the more casual downstairs restaurant. It is much more casual and the food is prepared with less care. Go upstairs The service was great and our waitress took her time to explain the menu and the chef's specials. The food was prepared well but there was nothing extraordinary. If you are staying at airport it is or of the better choices nearby but if you have time is suggest to go downtown as there are better choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset delightBirthdaygal61Dined on 6/18/2013I have been going there on occasion for years and am always sure I will have good food and excellent service and they came through again. The view is of sail boats in the marina with Vashon and Morie Island in the backround ,very interesting and soothing. Food quality very tasty and timely, portions seemed small but accually with bread and appetizer I can say we left with leftovers.Quality over quantity. We were an hour late and they were packed but still seated us very promptly which was very nice. The wait staff was very nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers DayDickDined on 6/16/2013We started with a party of six ;however, In bound flight delays and mechanical messed up our plans. Only 3 were able to enjoy dinner. Two arrived from the airport in time for dessert. We were at our table for 21/2 hours. Food and wine were excellent and delicious. the fantastic view made the day complete. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.