Montauk Seafood Grill
549 E. Lionshead Circle
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Montauk Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montaukseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 9704762601x
- Hours of Operation:
Fall Hours 6:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Dimitri Souvorin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Public Transit: We are a short walk from two local bus stops which are accessible via the Intown bus or the West Vail Green and Red buses.
When coming from the west, get off on the Lionshead/Concert Hall Plaza stop. From the east, get off on the main Lionshead stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We are a short walk from the Lionshead Parking Structure. Parking is free after 3 p.m.
Simply, park in the structure, head West through the main entrance of Lionshead Square. Walk to the corner, turn right and then, left. We are on your right, next door to Bart and Yeti’s. Across from Patagonia, under the iron arches.
A word from Montauk Seafood Grill
Since 1987, Montauk Seafood Grill has been bringing high quality seafood and meats to Vail. It is flown in fresh, never frozen, from all corners of the globe. We combine a fine dining food experience with a casual and fun atmosphere. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Montauk Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Montauk Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (31)romantic (21)good for groups (16)notable wine list (13)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Always a good experienceKellynBillDined on 1/8/2014We go to montauk every time we are in vail. The chef accommodates all special orders deliciously. This time for starters we ordered calamari, a traditional wedge salad and for entrees, the ahi tuna and the seafood linguini in lobster/white wine broth. The pasta was chocked full of seafood. All very good. And enough for leftovers but too full for dessert! A neighboring table noted our items and ordered the same things. They were also delighted! I saw items on other neighboring tables that I'm eager to try next time. The mussels looked great and we heard the oysters were outstanding. There are so many good choices, it's hard to get to them all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/4/2014Everything was perfectly prepared, service fabulous and food terrific!!!Special Features:
- While the food was very good,TrierVIPDined on 12/30/2013While the food was very good, the service was lacking. The kitchen apparently forgot about our food as did our server, and all he could say was that they were sorry they were backed up (even though diners all around us were getting served). He had no idea about what were appropriate portions as well.
- Great all aroundCKidDined on 12/27/2013I do this very infrequently, but felt compelled to write this review because dinner at Montauk Seafood Grill was one of the best dinning experiences that I've had in years! The service was exceptional from the greeting by the hostess right to the chef coming out to see how our dinner was. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgable, and made great recommendations! The food was excellent. When in Vail this restaurant is a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Christmas DinnerUnderwelmedDined on 12/25/2013Montauk is always a treat, and this time was exceptionally so. The service was fantastic (Ron was our server), the drinks were delicious (Bee Hives all around, a new addition to the menu). Oysters were fresh and delicious. Our family of five was split between the ahi and toro dish as to which was more spectacular - we all tried to be the last to savor that final bite. Coming to the restaurant is a treat, but for those of us spending the holiday away from home, this meal could not have been more special. Thank you to Montauk for such a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Seafood in VailGreatVIPDined on 12/21/2013The restaurant delivers good seafood meals. Service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, could have been great...ColoradoPhotogDined on 12/1/2013I had the Mahi with Parm Risotto, which was exceptional. My husband had the mussels, which were good but not great. He said he had hoped they would have had a garlic note in the sauce and would have come with a grilled, buttered bread. The blue wedge was also very good, with a WONDERFUL dressing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks!ThomasDined on 11/20/2013We had ordered vodka martinis. The wait staff did not know about their new vodka offered called Titos. We received the drinks and they were very weak and the vodka hardly could be tasted. We did tell the waiter, who didn't seem too concerned. Otherwise the dinners were very good.Special Features:
- Montauk birthday celebrationgdinnerDined on 11/9/2013The food was excellent. There were four of us and we were celebrating a birthday. The waiter was very helpful in recommending items from the menu. I had a salmon dish and it was cooked to perfection. The other meals were also cooked to perfection. The presentation of the dishes was good. Since this was off season, the prices were reasonable. In season, the prices would be much higher. All in all, the experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalExceptionalDined on 10/26/2013The food was exceptional. Our wine was very good. The waiter helpful and attentive. Set in the middle of Lionshead Village in Vail. Very very pleased with this dining choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJimTDined on 10/26/2013My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. The chef honored a request and prepared a special meal for she and I that was not on the menu. The seafood pot pie was FABULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were in Vail celebratingTroutref5Dined on 10/19/2013We were in Vail celebrating my birthday and had a wonderful dining experience. The menu was creative and the dishes were delicious. I would definitely recommend Montauk to friends. I look forward to dining at Montauk in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always very goodladdieDined on 9/29/2013They seem to do the same thing for years and its good. We always start with the oysters and than pick from the grill menu. This time I opted for the Alaskan crusted halibut and it was very good. My wife had the walleye and liked it. . For the location it's priced moderately. Service is always good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodWildridgeDined on 9/26/2013This is an excellent seafood restaurant. Fresh fish always done perfectly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST SEA FOOD RESTAURANT IN CO.JACKIEDined on 9/21/2013I have been going to Montauk once a year for the last 10 years. This is a restaurant that I always recommend to all my friends and anyone who asks who has the best sea food. They are my favorite restaurant. I have never been disappointed with the food or the service. They are excellent with large groups as well. They have served my Credit Union group of 25-45 many times with the same excellent service & food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowTravelerVIPDined on 9/3/2013This was not our first time dining at Montauk but this was one of those times where everything went together perfectly. Peter, the person who took care of us was excellent and made great recommendations. I had Dunginus Crab that was outstanding. It was a relaxing and wonderful evening. I strongly suggest you do yourself a favor a try this restaurant. I hope your experience will be as enjoyable as ours was.Special Features:
- Not a Fish LoverOutstandingVIPDined on 9/1/2013Lovely place and our waiter was very nice and helpful.Special Features:
- Off Their GameTonyVIPDined on 9/1/2013Montauk almost never disappoints. A wide selection of seafood entrees, well prepared. A good selection of oysters and great gazpacho. This night, however, they were off their game. Food was good, but the normal easy going ambiance was lost. In fact, the environment was close to awful. Some clown behind us took more than half a dozen flash pictures with his smartphone that kept disrupting the place, another table featured a women talking at full volume to her companion and another featured a guy screaming into his phone. The room was also hot and stank of stale seafood. I know a restaurant has limited control over it's clientele, but Montauk needs to maintain some ground rules if they want us to return. Too expensive to put up with this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experience.SmedDined on 8/31/2013The food was excellant. The waiter was good, but did not come back by the table as much as we saw other waiters. There were times when we needed him and he was not around. It was a very nice guesture for the owner, Tom, to come by and tell us a bit about his history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2013We had a fantastic meal. The fish was outstanding and our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood, espcially thePrimaPrincessVIPDined on 8/16/2013Great seafood, espcially the scallops! Chef came around and asked how dinner was - very personal touch!Special Features:
- Always wonderful!JSSnydVIPDined on 8/15/2013Been going there for years and it is always a wonderful evening in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenominal DessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/13/2013Okay, dinner was really good, too, but dessert was amazing! We all but two of them & they were all incredibly good, but the best two were the Sand Pie, an ice cream heaven, & the Espresso Creme Brulee! The consistency of the Creme Brulee was the BEST I've ever had, & only the second place with it even along the correct consistency & not the over hardened pudding texture most places make. In any flavor, this creme brulee would be worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013This restaurant was excellent. A very nice seafood selection that they claim is flown in daily. They had fresh Florida grouper - and if I hadn't just returned from a trip to Florida I would have selected this for dinner, Chilean Sea Bass, snapper, and halibut among others. The calimari was nice and light. The wedge salad was probably the best I've ever had. Prices were Vail-like although the Chilean Sea Bass at $49 seemed crazy. We had the herb-crusted Alaskan halibut and it was fantastic. Will definitely eat her again and again. If you like seafood, don't miss dining here while in Vail.Special Features:
- Excellent locally owned restrauntOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/5/2013seafood is fresh, properly prepared. Owner always stops at the tables to greet guestsSpecial Features:
- Definitely a great food experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2013We ate inside, because it was a cold evening. The tables are too close together for quiet conversation. Noisy patrons. Service was very good; knowledgable waitress. Oysters were excellent, as was the Gazpacho, probably in the top 5 of all recipes we have ever tasted. The Manhattan clam chowder is outstanding!! Very few restaurants serve this. Excellent flavor!! The ladies chose the Scottish salmon (Organic?, probably pen raised Atlantic salmon, which had suprisingly very good flavor and texture. The Ahi tuna seared with soy, accompanied with a tasty shrimp/vegetable stir fry was very good. The rice cake added nothing.. The wine list was so-so. The Sangria was surprisingly good. The ladies enjoyed two of the fruit cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vail Landmark!familymanDined on 7/28/2013This restaurant sets the bar for fresh seafood in Vail! The staff is friendly and relaxed, fresh seafood flown in daily and it sits in the heart of Lionshead area of Vail. Be sure to save room for the "sand pie" for desert. An extraordinary mixture of ice cream, pie crust with carmel and chocolate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodFineDinerVIPDined on 7/27/2013Consistently good seafood and service. Always a favorite when dining in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Seafood GreatWiilDined on 7/27/2013Long standing restaurant in Vail specializing in seafood of good quality. Comfortable ambiance but a bit too noisy for relaxing conversation. Wait staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood fishOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/27/2013An ole staple in Vail. The figs and seafood is always fresh and prices are goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful night on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2013First visit and will go back. Lots of fresh choices on the menu. I had Kingfish, grilled perfectly. The fresh vegetables We're some of the best I have had all summer. For wine lovers the have Duckhorn and Rombaur by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must restuarant in VailQuinnVIPDined on 7/19/2013Great seafood, always fresh, beautifully prepared, plated and served. Service staff wonderful. Our favorite spot when we come to the Vail valleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't miss it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013My husband and I have been taking long weekends to Vail for over 25 years. We've been married for 24. We have always gone to Montauk each time and it has never changed. We love it, the food is always great,service great and sometimes we stumble into the bar on the way back to our room. We always stay at Lions Square Lodge so it's on our way back. It's a GEM and sometimes we even go twice. Deb Karsh Denver, COSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood in VailDlivermoreVIPDined on 7/18/2013Visiting Vail this summer my Boston based family had a craving for seafood that would befit the best restaurants from home. Montauk restaurant filled the bill perfectly with fresh, expertly prepared seafood and service. Don't hesitate to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The calamari was great---mussels,COskierDined on 7/15/2013The calamari was great---mussels, too. The Caesar salad was too cheesy and mediocre at best.Special Features:
- Great food with patchy service.JojobearsDined on 7/13/2013This is the third time that my family has visited the Montauk grill. The food was execelent as usual but the service was slow and noise level approached sporting event levels. Try the seared Ahi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish meal I have hadSkipDined on 7/11/2013Best fish meal I have had in many, many years. Great service, great food, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been going to MontaukScottsdalelocal101Dined on 7/5/2013We've been going to Montauk for about 15 years and the food has always been very good. Our table this time was very dark and I had to use my phone for light but we got our favorite waiter, Bob so that evened things out. We just got several appetizers and a nice wine but I'll be back for some tuna before we head home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must stop when in VailOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/4/2013Montauk has the best seafood in the Vail region and has good options for non seafood lover as well. We make this a must stop in winter and summer. Make your reservation well ahead in busy seasons. The place is always full!Special Features:
- We loved it! Gazpacho wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2013We loved it! Gazpacho was excellent, and the halibut was some of the best I've had. Loved the outdoor area--really everything about it.Special Features: