Grey Horse Tavern
291 Bayport Ave
Bayport, NY 11705Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Grey Horse Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.greyhorsetavern.com/
- Phone: 6314721868
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Contact: Irene Dougal 6314721868
A word from Grey Horse Tavern
Everything we prepare is made from scratch, using the best local, seasonal & sustainable ingredients. Grey Horse Tavern is proud to support small farms, local producers, artists and musicians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grey Horse Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (18)good for groups (14)great for lunch (12)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A wonderful mealCathyDined on 10/12/2013Brought friends this time. Consistently wonderful food. Excellent choices with a seasonal flare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique healthy menuDependable66VIPDined on 10/11/2013Dishes are prepared with a unique healthy twist. It's nice to be able to indulge without eating badly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GHtDebby5089Dined on 9/28/2013Good food loved the calamari. Had the pasta crab corn dinner, it was delicious. Staff was very accommodating and friendly..would definitely go back...Special Features:
- Food at GHT is always good.PupsterDined on 9/15/2013Food at GHT is always good. Very reliable. Menu always changes. Music that night was loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner With FriendsGmanDined on 9/13/2013We made a last-minute reservation for dinner with a few friends (5 total). The Grey Horse was a great choice. Our server was courteous and attentive. Our drinks, appetizers, and dinner were all served in a timely manner. 2 of our friends ordered the pasta special and raved about it. My wife and I shared the fried calamari (always a favorite of ours) and the fish and chips. Both were excellent choices. Another friend (a vegetarian) ordered a veggie burger and loved it! All in all, it was a great night out in a very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent timePandaDined on 8/8/2013Great spot, had a quiet corner for a romantic dinner, then moved over to the tavern and had some excellent acoustic musical stylings. Great drinks fresh food with quality ingredients, always something newSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwaysLojoLuvsRosaVIPDined on 8/6/2013Grey Horse is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. We return again and again and are never disappointed. The wait staff is always wonderful and totally unobtrusive. This is a terrific place and deserves to be visited by everyone who lives nearby or who passes through to get to the east end of Long Island.Special Features:
- It was great!! :)mattDined on 8/4/2013I got the grilled cheese sandwich. But this wasn't just any grilled cheese. It was grilled cheese taken to another level. My dad had a chicken sandwich with a spicy coleslaw. I tried it. It was really good. My mom had 4 cheese ravioli with the most amazing crab meat and asparagus. I personally hate asparagus. But when I had it there I actually loved it! The service was great! They didn't serve us to early or to late. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like tavern style dining,risaDined on 8/2/2013If you like tavern style dining, this is the place. Their menu has many healthy choices and is also vegan friendly. I had the sweet potato/garbanzo bean burger which was yummy. Our server Jake was the best!Special Features:
- Accommodating, attentive staffJeffDined on 7/30/2013I've been to Grey Horse for brunch and dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed it each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2013Even though Grey Horse is close to home, we didn't eat there for a long time. When we finally did we realized we were missing out - the food is great and doesn't disappoint and the bar is inviting to stop in for a drink and hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit to GHTKJ82MacDined on 7/20/2013Excellent food & service. We will definitely be going back. Highly recommend the fried pickles.Special Features:
- Really great bean/corn soup,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013Really great bean/corn soup, not so great sweet pot,/chickpea burger, off tasting coleslaw, interesting fried pickles and unique menu - makes me want to come back & try some of their other dishes. OK beer selectionI would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem tucked awayTrattoriaDined on 7/5/2013We took our friends to GHT and the loved it. The fresh produce makes the salads outstanding. We also enjoyed a drink outdoors in their front courtyard. Nice service and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great timeyumtyDined on 6/28/2013Been there many times food is always awesome and its always a great time.Special Features:
- Lunch for locavoresPatsyVIPDined on 6/28/2013We three had vegetarian meals, and didn't miss meat at all, though it is offered here. We were sweetly served and the food excellent and plentiful. Please note: For attending this restaurant I am to get two hundred points , just on that day(yesterday)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLojoLuvsRosaVIPDined on 6/19/2013A GREAT place to meet friends and spend a fun, leisurely evening talking, laughing and, of course, eating delicious food. Love, love, love the Grey Horse and I'm so lucky to live so close that I can feel comfortable enough to enjoy one of their fabulous signature cocktails. We'll return again and again - best "ladies night out" place EVER!Special Features:
- Father's Day FeastAnnieDined on 6/16/2013The whole family enjoyed the organic, farm-to-table menu, the Izzie sodas and the eclectic beer collection at Grey Horse Tavern. My husband loved his meal (the chicken) and even helped himself to a second beer and beignets for dessert.Special Features:
- Waiter was terribleRfjbDined on 6/15/2013By far the worst service I've ever experienced. Don't waste your money on this restaurant.
- Amazing food, drink, & music too!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2013The Grey Horse Tavern is a favorite ! My husband and I live 45 minutes and make the trip for the food, bar scene, and incredible musicians that the owners spotlight, from local acts to nationally recognized names. The owners are friendly, down to earth, and invested in making sure every patron is happy and cared for! I can't recommend this establishment more! I just wish it was in my own neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a fun casual place withrosieVIPDined on 6/1/2013It's a fun casual place with many choices. Just apps or burgers and Dinners. Had the Spring Pasta was great. On the fish& chips my husband loved the fish but the chips were soggy . The dessert Beignets were heavy dough balls, the dipping sauces were good. Would go back again.Special Features:
- My favorite placeChrisDined on 5/31/2013The Grey Horse is one of the best places on long island. Great food, interesting menu and wonderful staff! The tavern has a great ambiance, they have some great bands play later in the evening so they don't tend to overwhelm you while you're eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soKarenDined on 5/24/2013I was not really impressed. Like the look and feel of the place. Thought the food was so-so. The duck wontons were delicious, but 3 for $14???? Ridiculous. The burger was okay, but not much meat there. I thought it was a bit skimpy. I asked for bacon marmalade on the side. It was okay. Was charged $2 for a tiny amount. Rip off!
- It had been a while sinceVacationerVIPDined on 5/18/2013It had been a while since we had been here, and we were looking to stay local for a nice dinner with drinks. We were seated right away, the service was excellent and the food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- I really loved the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013I really loved the atmosphere but before we went I went online to check out menu and when I got there there was a different menu, and I didn't really love the choices. the item I got really had no flavor, but my husband liked his dish. we got dessert and that was awesome. I think it was just my food choice that I didn't love.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love GHT so much I recommendChelsDined on 5/12/2013I love GHT so much I recommend it to everyone. Everything on their menu is to die for the decorations are perfect and the staff treats us like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been here two otherTastetesterDined on 4/27/2013I have been here two other times before this.....once for brunch and once for a light dinner/drinks. The food is delicious and ecclectic. For this last time I went, it was a dinner with a friend and requested the bar area to sit and eat and then stay for the band. It was noisier as time went on, which we expected because we were sitting in the bar area and people were there to see the band, as we were. The staff were very helpful, the food was very good. Great neightborhood spot. Love their brunch too...this is a great place...it is a little on the pricier side, so this is a once in awhile type place unless drinks only. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceSandiDined on 4/20/2013Well this is my second trip to Grey Horse Tavern and it was wonderful. Service was perfect, the food WOW. My scallops were done to perfection and the brussel sprouts with bacon yummy. We had a bunch of small plates to start - shrimp, baked Gouda and warm olives all good. Drinks were excellent and not skimpy at all. A great time once again, and we will be back.Special Features:
- Greyhorse TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Well after seeing all the great reviews finally went ,,, i thought the restaurant was nice, the service was very good. The food was just Ok we ordered the Mac and cheese and the Garlic Confit as the apps i hate Mac and cheese and love garlic but the way it ended up loved the Mac and cheese dish they had, but hated the Garlic confit.It was cold and not too appealing on the eyes they gave you four pieces of breading which were cold and the hummus was not good. i Got the chicken blt my wife the Portobello Sand and neither one was all too great and of course mine was ice cold. Not sure if kitchen was having a bad day but for what they charge expected alot better.
- Everything was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Everything was absolutely great with the only exception being that it took too long to place out order and to bring our food. Amazing food and great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great tasting food with romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Great tasting food with romantic ambience. Had dinner in the "old porch section" and it was quiet enough to have a nice conversation even while the live band was playing. Great experience, will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Food was very good. All localtootsDined on 4/13/2013Food was very good. All local fare. Presentation was very nice. Portion sizes were good. Would recommend this restaurant.
- Great evening with friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013Great evening with friends. The calamari was an excellent appetizer and the veggie burger was good, but lacked complexity of flavors and textures.The portobella sandwich would have been a better choice.Would still recommend restaurant to others.Special Features:
- First time back since theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013First time back since the make-over from Bayport House. Nice experience, will be back.Special Features:
- The food is amazing! EverythingJessDined on 4/6/2013The food is amazing! Everything we ordered we loved, the best calamari around, hands down!Special Features:
- Unique and enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013We've been looking forward to trying Grey Horse Tavern for a few weeks now since finding it online. The bacon marmalade on the burgers was the hook for us and it proved to be as delish as we had imagined. Creative drinks (the lemonade is soooo good), great wine selection (had a delish Portuguese white. Yum!), topped with delicious, fresh, and unique food choices put Grey Horse on the list of favorites for us. The location has an old house feel, beautiful woodwork at the bar, and you sit in smaller, charming rooms for dinner. The atmosphere, great food and drinks make this the perfect date night.Special Features:
- A perfect genSandiDined on 3/31/2013What a gem! This wonderful restaurant is so pretty, wait staff is very attentive, ambiance is great almost get the feeling that your back in time and stopped at this inn for the night and are having something to eat. I was there for brunch and if brunch is an indication of their food, Oh My! My daughter had a wonderful Eggs Benedict with avocado and I had this wonderful sandwich made with egg bread top with a smoked gouda sauce. I am not doing justice to the food but it was delicious and presented very well. My bloody mary was top notch. A place I can't wait to go back to and try something else.Special Features:
- Very quaint feel, the foodFoodFaceVIPDined on 3/30/2013Very quaint feel, the food is extremely fresh and high quality. Nice down to Earth spot. Have been here many times and will continue to go back.
- You're missing out if youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013You're missing out if you haven't yet been here...Special Features:
- The food was excellent asJessDined on 3/23/2013The food was excellent as well as service. The food came out very quick, a little to quick. Would go back for sure!Special Features: