8501 N 27th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051-4063Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyq.net/
- Phone: 6029955982x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Mark Hittle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service Catering Department.
Takeout and Delivery also available!
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
- Private Party Contact: Laura Hogan 6029955982x
- Entertainment: TV's in the bar and patio area for sports viewing.
A word from Bobby Q
The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bobby Q - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Bobby Q reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (80)fit for foodies (56)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (53)great for lunch (50)kid-friendly (35)hot spot (32)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (13)great for brunch (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good BBQFayRDined on 4/18/2014We were looking for a local BBQ joint and found it. We had the Hog's Heaven, perfect for the two of us to share. Brisket was fantastic, chicken was smoky and tender and the St. Louis Ribs fell off the bone. Good sides, beans were the best. Would go back for a casual BBQ experience.Special Features:
- Poor dining experiencetruthteller74Dined on 4/18/2014This was our 3rd visit to Bobby Q's. We went to dinner with another couple and ate outside. The table and chairs had debris from the trees/plants and the Hostess sat us without any attempt at wipling the seats or the table. We ended up brushing the debris off before our friends arrived. The service was terrible. We were interrupted at least 6 times during dinner. They would walk up to the table while we were in the middle of conversation and interrupt. It was so rude and surprising. Even the manager used the same type of approach so apparently it is considered acceptable there. The food wasn't very good. It was bland and unappetizing looking and plating was poor. Very disappointing meal all the way around.Special Features:
- Family birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014We really appreciated the friendly hostesses and servers. That back table was really nice for a gathering where we could talk without too much noise around. The servie was really good and the food ws delicious! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/16/2014We had Burger,(Awesome), Ribs, Brisket, Pulled Pork all fantastic. Very friendly Staff!!!!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Always an amazing evening at BOBBY Q! Everything is always delicious, and the service is great. We have been there several times now, and have always enjoyed it. We recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to eat baby backs with a fork.ArizonaPopiDined on 4/12/2014Baby backs, brisket, sausage all very good. Maybe best BBQ we've had in Phoenix. We've had Gates and Salt Lick and this BBQ is different and very good. Had to eat baby backs with a fork when the meat fell off the bone. Nice touch was hot cinnamon mini doughnuts at end of meal. Busy place so recommend reservations. Used Open Table which worked fine. Outside covered dining space. Dining room had great atmosphere and easy enough to talk. Nicole did a nice job. Wouldn't do margaritas again . Girlscreally liked strawberry "coladas". Handy to the freeway. Definite go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In Arizona!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014One of the best restaurants in Arizona, they have amazing waiters & waitresses. The cornbread they give you start off with is amazing and same goes with the food & bar service they provide. They are doing it right all the way around. Sometimes noise level gets a little high but it's to be expected at a popular place. They are even great when you take kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BBQ and great serviceLeapingLVIPDined on 4/8/2014Although I had a reservation, I sat at a table in the bar area. What a GREAT choice! The waitress/bartender was fantastic. Great knowledge of the food, personable, and attentive. I got the sampler of BBQ and it was hard to choose which 3 of the 6 to get. It was so good that I wish I had gone with someone else so we could have tasted all 6.Special Features:
- Bobby Q is a great place toskewgDined on 4/8/2014Bobby Q is a great place to go for lunch or dinner. We love the food, the service and the atmosphere. Great for small or large groups. Prices are fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good...RibeyeexpertDined on 4/5/2014I am a ribeye aficionado. If I wanted a steak any better I'd make it myself. I rank Bobby Qs ribeye steak the best over Ruth Chris, Capital Grille, Ztejas, Sierra Bonita, Lone Star, TexAZ, to name a few. I found this ribeye to be the best in Phoenix and the price can't be beat. The mac n cheese also ranks high in my book. Great place to take out of towners to show them Phoenix makes great BBQ!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQ in PhoenixyaledadDined on 3/31/2014Great BBQ with multiple styles of ribs and sauces, fabulous brisket, chicken and steaks. Make reservations as the line gets long. Come hungry, leave satisfied. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/30/2014The food was good but not great. Cornbread was delicious and the pork ribs too. But everything else lacked any spice or personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST RIBS IN TOWNLADYTRUCKERDined on 3/29/2014We tried The Texas Roadhouse just to compare - there is NO comparison - we will never go there again. Too loud and the ribs were over-cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My expectations were exceeded!tavie88Dined on 3/28/2014Probably some of the best BBQ and mac & cheese that I've had! The meat was so tender and fell right off of the bone. I had brisket, St. Louis Ribs, sausage, loaded mash potatoes, and mac & cheese. It was all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedlove2eatDined on 3/28/2014Bobby Q was a great experience. Service was very attentive and fast. Food was delicious, we were in the mood for bbq and this place did not disappoint. We got the whole hog which gives you plenty of choices to choose from on different type of bbq, and three side dishes. Mac and cheese is the real deal not boxed and is the best I've had in a long time, line homemade. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic barbecueBobBDined on 3/28/2014From the staff to the food to the ambience this place is a gem Bobby-Q's has probably the best barbecue in Phoenix as well as the best baby back ribs. My family and I will continue going back to the restaurant If you haven't tried it, give it a shot you'll be well satisfied. The Q bar is also a happening place music (DJ) dancing and great drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKaylarp8Dined on 3/23/2014The food was great! And so was the service! Really made an outsider feel welcomed! Thank you Arizona deliciousness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummo x 2JeancmDined on 3/23/2014We ate here twice in 4 days. They have a huge variety of choices, my husband had the ribeye both visits, my son had a steak sandwich & burger, I had a brisket sandwich & prime rib. The prime rib was really flavorful and tender, my son lived the steak sandwich. Portions are big. Donuts are a nice finish & uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular spot on Friday nightAlDeepCreekDined on 3/22/2014Justifiably busy - great food and service. Very attentive server who even managed to have a flickering overhead light fixed for us. Rustic atmosphere and specialty is bbq (hence the name) but seafood is great too. Steak and crab legs was marvellous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was ok1stTimeLastTimeCustomerDined on 3/22/2014Well to start of with my reservation was at 6:00pm, we didn't get seated until 7, when we actually say down I explained how unhappy I was to see many more parties seated before me even though I had a reservation. My little past of 3 was overlooked. The manager said how dory she was that it happened and offered an appetizer on the house. When we ordered the did it came fairly late and my first scoop of the house beans had a long hair in it. The manager took them away and have me a new bowl of beans(in which we didn't eat) When the bill came we were charged the full amount plus the "on the house appetizer" we paid and left. The won't be going back. It was very expensive too.Special Features:
- One of My FavoritesBCAgeeDined on 3/21/2014We haven't been in Phoenix long, but we've already found several great restaurants. After several people recommended Bobby Q, we finally tried it for the first time a few weeks back. That experience was awesome in every possible way. Service was prompt and courteous but not intrusive. The food was outstanding and served in generous portions. We returned the following week and had what we thought would be impossible: an even better experience. Despite a packed house, our reservation was honored on time and our server, Jessica, was incredible. She was helpful, friendly, and on top of everything. Furthermore, other staff members stopped by regularly to make sure we were having a good time. We were, by the way. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Great Night OutRettareeDined on 3/21/2014A reservation is the only way to get a table on Friday night. The crowded parking lot was a testament to the quality of the restaurant. Even though we showed up about 15 min. early, we were seated right away. Our drink and appetizer order was taken and served quickly. The Q-rolls are awesome. Our server returned in good time to take our dinner order, but didn't hover. He even assisted in going off menu, substituting an appetizer for an entree. The menu is not large, two full pages; but it is extensive, covering beef, chicken, pork, and seafood. It was all excellent. Drinks were refilled without our ever having to ask. As with the appetizer, one dessert was ordered to be shared by the table. It arrived with enough spoons for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great barbecue, great staffDL3039Dined on 3/18/2014This is a barbecue joint that's been around for a while. Used to be owned by Bobby McGee. He closed them all up, but a manager for him bought this location, and has kept it going. This place is an amazing find. Wouldn't think to stop for BBQ in Phoenix, but this is a must go. 4 of us went for dinner, had a drink at the bar first, the bartender was very engaging with everyone and made for a great atmosphere. After a short wait, our table was ready. We had the onion loaf, which is to die for, and then we all shared the hog heaven. It may not look big, but 4 of us couldn't even finish it off. Everything was perfect, ribs were fall of the bone tender, brisket was fall apart tender, and the pork was melt in your mouth amazing. Must go if in PHX.Special Features:
- Fall off the bone ribs.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Great BBQ. Wonderful service & the little donuts are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Words fail meShallowHalDined on 3/16/2014Some of the best barbecue I have ever eaten in my life (and I wouldn't say I'm a connoisseur by any stretch, but an enthusiast) for sure. Everything was on point at this restaurant - the decor, the service, and the food is moist, flavorful, and delicious. Our server, Justin, and the manager, Jo, did their jobs exactly as you would hope they would. We only get to Phoenix once a year in March, but this is now one of our family "must visit" restaurants. The only people I could possibly imagine not enjoying this restaurant are people who don't like barbecue, people who are barbecue snobs and think only the style that they like is good, or people who dare to go to this restaurant on a drop-in basis and brave the line without a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- contentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014We have been in this establishment over 20 times and only once did we have a complaint. We have also taken two of the large bbq catering offer and all were filled and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerdevheartsmacsDined on 3/12/2014The BF was craving BBQ, and since he's almost vegetarian, anytime he wants meat I pounce, because it won't happen again for a while. So, a quick Google search and the PHX New Times lead us to Bobby Q! The meal was fantastic! We split the Whole Hog, and had plenty to eat plus leftovers for days. We got St. Louis Ribs (yum), Texas XL Beef Ribs (double yum), the pulled pork (super yum), and the BBQ chicken (best cooked chicken, I thought it a tad too saucy). We also had the Q Rolls as an appetizier, and they were amazing, but just a little greasy (but really, fried rolls so I'm not complaining). Didn't have my ID on this visit, but I'm looking forward to trying the Sangria next time. Just make sure you have a reservation! Wait times are crazy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 in a row...SWBRATDined on 3/12/2014Outstanding food & service. Second visit in the same week and the ribs kept falling off the bone!Special Features:
- 20 year delayed honeymoonSosuemetooDined on 3/10/2014We selected Phoenix to celebrate 20 years of marriage and finally go on our honeymoon. My husband loves BBQ and I found you highly recommended on Trip Advisor. It was everything we could ask for, plus left overs for another quick meal after a long day of sightseeing. Please consider opening a restaurant in Central Illinois! There is nothing like this out there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQ EVERWalkerDined on 3/9/2014I was pleasantly surprised when we stopped into Bobby Q's while on vacation. It was simply amazing - great flavor and service! I guess we should of known by the line out the door - well worth the wait!Special Features:
- BOBBY Q...GREAT BBQSWBRATDined on 3/8/2014BABY BACK RIBS...PULLED PORK...BRISKET ENOUGH SAID IF I COULD I WOULD EAT THERE EVERY NIGHT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Philip, our server, was theBondVIPDined on 3/8/2014Philip, our server, was the best part of the night.
- Great BBQ!DaveDined on 3/8/2014BBQ food was great. Sliced brisket and baby back ribs were quite good....tender and spicy. Overall, a good place but quite loud and busy on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my kind of barbequePreserveBarbaraDined on 3/8/2014Bobby D's was a dissapointment. I was looking for someplace to meet between Gilbert and Carefree and found Bobby D's review on this website. The service was excellent, I'll give you that. But the food....what a disappointment. I had the pulled pork which was extremely fatty. The string potatoes were soggy and luke warm. The "pecan" cole slaw was dull and dry with a few chopped pecans on top. Others in my party had steak which they all admitted was also too fatty. Banana cream pie is my favorite dessert and I'm not quite sure how it was made here but it should be given another name. 2 slices of banana on top of what appeared to be an artifically tasting and yellow colored block of fluff. With a crushed pecan crust with no taste.
- Excellent BBQDesertDuckDined on 3/6/2014Great food -some of the best BBQ we have found in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BBQNateDined on 3/6/2014The best barbecue I've ever been too. Very good smokey flavor. I had the combo platter which had the ribs, brisket,pulled pork and the meat was very moist with a nice kick in the barbecue sauce. The side I had was the Mac n cheese which was amazing. My dad had the same platter as me but as his side he had the ranch beans which was very good as well.Special Features:
- Bobby reviewDisney1Dined on 3/2/2014For the most part, we enjoyed our visit to your restaurant. However, the desert choices were very limited as we were there for a special birthday party and all desert came out at various times several minutes apart. Our server was outstanding. Appetizer was very small portion also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceSteveDined on 3/1/2014Had a wonderful dinner with my son. We could not have been happier. Terrific food and super friendly service. The place was packed as well. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, Busy, BusyJoHannaDined on 3/1/2014Glad we took adfvantage of Open Table as the rest of the folks waited 1 to 1 1/2 hours. I would not have waited that long as the food was good at best. Not worth a wait. Tquitos appetizer were very greasy and luke warm. My medium well steak was squishy and even wne I sent it back it still came back red. My fellow diners, those who ordered ribs were pleased. Backed potato was nice. Side salad was good but not worth the extra $2.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always very good.TAMHAMDined on 2/23/2014The food is always very good. starters, cornbread are all excellent. We have had all ribs, some of the shrimp and chicken dishes we are never disappointed. Baby backs are our favorites as they are not as/fatty as the others. One problem is with cocktail orders. There is too much distance between the kitchen and the bar for a server to cover in an appropriate amount of time. This is especially so for a party of eight or more. We found it necessary to walk to the bar and get drinks rather than wait for our wonderful wait person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.