2320 E Osborn Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://binksmidtown.com/
- Phone: 6023884874x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Daily: 2:30pm - 6:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am- 2:30pm
Please inquire within about patio seating.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Binkley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We strive to bring the best of our restaurant into you home.
- Private Party Facilities: Our comfortable private dining room can accommodate up to 14 guests.
A word from Bink’s Midtown
Bink's Midtown features local products prepared from scratch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bink’s Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (45)romantic (34)great for outdoor dining (31)great for lunch (28)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (15)good for groups (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wanted to try Bink's so werixrevsVIPDined on 4/15/2013Wanted to try Bink's so we went on a Monday night. The menu is filled with locally grown produce and meats. The sides list is expansive with wonderful offerings. The appetizers and main courses menu had a varied selection. We sat outside on the patio, which faces Osborn Rd which at times has a noisy motorcycle or car going by but is generally quiet. We liked everything we ordered about 6 items in all. Our waiter was attentive and knew the menu. His help however was untrained. We observed on 3 occasions, food was taken to the wrong tables. Order the duck, it is delicious and I don't usually like duck.Special Features:
- Only request ... A bit lessDaManDined on 4/15/2013Only request ... A bit less fat or oil would make me go back more often!Special Features:
- Delicious and inventive foodMigselvVIPDined on 4/14/2013Outstanding, inventive (but not straining to be) and absolutely delicious. The service was friendly but still a little chaotic. The servers seemed like friendly volunteers, not professionals. The place is attractive, a clean and uncluttered look.Special Features:
- I usually try to understandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013I usually try to understand the reasons for poor service, but this experience was the worst I have had in Phoenix in ten years. I know the restaurant is new, but the waiters, runners/busmen, all seem to be lost and walking around. Requests for silver, wine cooler, additional bread, were acknowledged but never delivered. I finally had to get up and go to the bus station to retrieve spoons after our soup had sat on the table for 5 minutes. We counted 9 staff walking around but with no purpose. There seemed to be no communication between the server and support staff. We ordered two different bottles of wine from the list and neither were available. Big problems there right now. New manager needed?Special Features:
- Kevin Binkley is one of theOTABILLDined on 4/13/2013Kevin Binkley is one of the best chefs in the Valley(James Beard nominee). Food was superb as one would expect. A great value as prices very reasonable given the quality of the food and Binkley's reputation. An important positive is that nobody rushes you - we were celebrating a birthday and dined in a leisurely manner savoring the occasion. We had a great time. We will go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- The food and service was great,CremeDined on 4/13/2013The food and service was great, but I did not understand the seating. We had a 5:30 reservation, a slow time for the restaurant, and we were sat right next to the kitchen. We were privy to the conversations of the servers and floor manager. Since it was not that busy yet people were gathered in the small hallway. The restaurant was quiet so it was a little distracting. A better spot would have enhanced the experience.Special Features:
- We visited the newest BinkKrittyAZVIPDined on 4/10/2013We visited the newest Bink for dinner on a weekday evening. The valet parking was much appreciated. Our server was prompt, but seemed to spend lots of energy by making numerous trips to our table for one item at a time. We focused on the appetizers and veggie dishes- all were good, but nothing over-the-top. Our daughter had the salmon entree- it was good, but a little too close to rare than medium rare. They did bring another piece that was fine. We shared one dessert, the peanut butter one (forget if it was a brûlée); it was super sweet. Okay experience overall, not likely to return soon.
- The Local Produce menu isSheraDined on 4/9/2013The Local Produce menu is genius. Have been twice and there were changes dependant on what is available at market that day. The restaurant is crisp and fresh as well. Service is friendly and attentive, but not too much so. Best mussels I've had in a long time. Ditto kale salad, brussel sprouts, beets. Inventive preparations as you would expect from this chef.Special Features:
- While some of the servicefoodfreakVIPDined on 4/7/2013While some of the service kinks need to be worked out, the food is great, especially for a new venue. The sweetbread bites and octopus were delicious and the flatiron steak was wonderful. Also excellent were the spaghetti squash and asparagus with a fried egg. The bolognese over bread pudding was tasty though quite salty and the roasted chicken was also good. Hope Bink's is around for a long time!Special Features:
- Our savior was Amy Binkley,BSBLTVLVIPDined on 4/7/2013Our savior was Amy Binkley, the co-owner who came to our rescue after being seated and not getting anything more than room temperature tap water served for the first 15 minutes. We introduced some friends to the restaurant and of course the food was spectacular but the timing seemed to be a little off. We will come back time and time again to try everything on the menu so I would highly recommend it regardless of the little hiccup this time!Special Features:
- This restaurant is new, butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013This restaurant is new, but with a ton of potential. No doubt that service will improve. I will be going back.Special Features:
- Good food. Still workingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2013Good food. Still working out some opening kinks (we had four different people help us during our meal which meant some repetition). Nice little bar area.Special Features:
- The food is fabulous and inventive.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013The food is fabulous and inventive. Lots of interesting fresh produce items; more than we could order in one visit. But the service was at best inconsistent; orders not delivered at same time so some at table had food while other did not for too long of a time. One of the entrees came out incomplete. Took too long for first glass of wine and the second never got delivered although we were charged for it. We will go back with the hope that the service problems will be fixed but probably not for a while.
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Bink's Midtown fulfilled our expectations of unusual choices and excellent preparation of food. We enjoyed each selection. Especially noteworthy were the French Fries, the Brussels sprouts, the kale, and the leeks, plus the special bread (for which we forget the name). We'll certainly return and try other items when an appropriate occasion arises.Special Features:
- Bite off only wut U can chu...!PHXfinedinerVIPDined on 4/5/2013Thank you, thank you & thank you again Kevin & Amy for making your way down into Phoenix 'proper' in the old Sophie's space on Osborne. Many people must feel as we do because ALL of them were there on Friday night. It seemed as though the restaurant had at least two full sittings for dinner...the food was flying and the service staff was to & fro to the point of doing pirouettes in the aisles. It was actually fascinating to watch because there was NO downside for us even though we did overhear many "I'm so sorries" at nearby tables relating to wait times for food & drink. We were in no hurry so we settled in and enjoyed the show! Our food was spot on & we love the bent toward local produce. It's just too bad service didn't match up.Special Features:
- place was full because ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/5/2013place was full because of weds news article and because of the binkley name food is very well prepared and had good taste but when one is expecting greatness and it falls short of a high standard it disappoints. it failed my personal test of wine not being on the table before the food as seftel said, need to go back laterSpecial Features:
- Service AWOLOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2013We had a 7:00 reservation on a Thursday night. The restaurant was moderatly busy and we took a seat at the bar while our outdoor table was being prepped. We were the only people at the bar, but the bartender seemed stressed and took a solid 5 minutes before he acknowledged our presence. We ordered drinks and hung out for 10 minutes or so. Our table was visibly ready, however we had to remind the hostess that we were waiting. The hostess seemed surprised and it was obvious she had forgot about us. She then promptly seated us at a nice two top next to the outdoor fireplace. Fifteen minutes later we left as no wait staff ever came to our table.
- All in all, we really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2013All in all, we really enjoyed our experience. The food lived up to the Binkley reputation,with a little less sophistication, but enough innovation to make it interesting. Our server was very attentive, but something must have happened on the journey between the i pad and the kitchen, as the wait for our appetizers and entrees was way too long. Evidentally the server must have realized something was amiss, as we were given a complimentary order of pommes frites with our meal, and desserts following; a very nice gesture, as we had not complained. We will definitely return. Hopefully the service will be smoothed out by then.
- I was excited to try BinkscottsdaleloriDined on 4/4/2013I was excited to try Bink Midtown- it is a little house in the middle of where you wouldn't expect it. I felt like the way to go was to order a lot of the small vegetable plates. I loved the brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and asparagus and also enjoyed the arugula salad. We sat on the front patio and while it is street-side, I didn't mind. Chocolate puddin' dessert was to die for. The service- I think they'll get better in time. They were polite and friendly and I really liked our waitress---it did take several requests before we received bread, extra water, and my companion's wine (ordered after mine). We really were in no rush and it didn't ruin our meal in any way. We just noted it. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Needs fine tuningannazVIPDined on 4/2/2013I realize the restaurant just opened but a few comments I have to make...I made the reservation a few weeks ago and when the hostess was going to sit our party right by the door with guests congregating with many tables free, I was not happy. We told her so and after 5 minutes of letting us stand by the door they were able to seat us in the back room. Service was very very slow. We were offered drinks which took awhile to bring to us then there was a lapse of at least 15+ minutes before our order was taken..we had to ask the waitress to come to our table to take our order. Basically the meal was very good..especially the salads..but one of the diners was very disappointed that the sweetbread were so saturated in a sweet sour sauce?Special Features:
- Loved not having to driveWowieVIPDined on 4/2/2013Loved not having to drive up north for his wonderful foof. Service snd knowledgeable staff are neefed rlse people will not return.Special Features:
- sat outside but 2 heatersFineDineVIPDined on 3/31/2013sat outside but 2 heaters were not working, took 2 hours to get entrees, 6 of 7 entrees were wrong or incompleteex. salads that were supposed to contain chicken had none (brought 10 mins later in small dish) fish and chips-without fish and waitress asked "how are the fish and chips?" answer "well there are no chips" onion soup/sludge inedible, waitress comment "I think it's just over-reduced" missing side dishes etc.we ate there once in the winter and had a nice meal, I think this place is overwhelmed with additional outdoor seating.
- Just opened weeks ago. InjudiecVIPDined on 3/31/2013Just opened weeks ago. In an unusual location -- have to be a destination rather than a drop-in. We were there Easter afternoon -- only people in the place for a while. Seemed the kitchen was revving up for dinner. Seems like inside a cottage at the beach -- very white walls, very clean. Another of Kevin Binkley's creation off to a good start.
- I would recommend this restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2013I would recommend this restaurant, but there are some kinks to work out. Try the papusa it is excellent. The salmon was kind of boring.
- Working out the kindsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2013This place is still working out the kinks. After being seated, we were not greeted for at least 10 minutes. During this time, we overheard another patron taking to the hostess about waiting a long time for their check and complaining their server was too busy "talking about wine to other tables." Once we were finally greeted, it was without apology or acknowledgement of long delay. Our drink orders then took another 10 minutes to arrive. After taking the first bite of my entree, I accidentally dropped my knife. A busser picked this up quickly, but then no one brought me another until I had an opportunity to flag someone down 5 minutes later. Service needs MAJOR improvement, but the food was reasonable priced, eclectic, and very good.
- Best new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2013Exquisite in every way! We've already returned for a second visit and will work our way through every item on the menu. The combination of tastes, textures and spices will make you delirious. Don't miss the octopus, ribs, spaghetti squash. Actually don't miss trying it all!! Congrats to Amy, Kevin and the team!!!Special Features:
- Great food. Would actuallyFarGoneVIPDined on 3/29/2013Great food. Would actually skip the entrees and keep to small plates. Produce was exceptionally fresh and creatively prepared. Highlights were the beef risotto, butternut squash, marrow bone, and chocolate cake in a jar (forget what they called it). Their wine list was nice and tight - lots of high quality variety without being overladen. Relatively affordable in balance with the offerings, too. Service still has some kinks, though, nothing that won't be worked out in a month. Would actually recommend waiting a month or so until the service has smoothed out. Also, it seemed like the crowd died down after 8pm, if you're looking for an easy table. Looking forward to Bink's becoming a neighborhood favorite very quickly.Special Features:
- We visited this new restaurantLetsEatVIPDined on 3/29/2013We visited this new restaurant in their second week and it was quite obvious they are still breaking the place in. Based on their popularity of their other two restaurants there was loyal following which kept the staff and kitchen busy. Menu was simple and had some unique selections but nothing really stood out on this night. We thought the sanddabs would be a very tasty entree but it came with so much oil/butter that it spoiled the taste of the fish. The five spice duck and flat iron steak were prepared well. The complimentary valet parking is a nice touch but service on this night was lacking. The kitchen did not help as the wait for appetizers to entrees took a long time. We'll wait for this place to settle down before giving try.Special Features:
- Bink's Friday March 29, 2013GJMillerDined on 3/29/2013Food was good, but I came away feeling uncomfortably full without also feeling satisfied. I ordered a leeks appetizer and the duck. The benefit of the doubt goes to the chef because of the duck. The service involved long waits for first a glass of sparkling wine, then a glass of another wine, and then more bread. There seemed to be more than enough service staff, since they were bumping into each other. On the other hand, after I arrived, I asked for a table outside in the back. At first the hostess said all of those tables were reserved, but she worked at it and found one for us. That location worked, until someone on the other side of the fence started smoking, ensuring we got part of it second hand.Special Features:
- As expected, the experienceErinCVIPDined on 3/29/2013As expected, the experience here was great. Every aspect of our dinner was great. Freshest produce in all the dishes. Soup was great. Sand dabs were outstanding...the butter made it fairly rich but was cut by shared veggie dishes. My husband had the Flat Iron and said it was cooked to perfection and great. Topped off a light, tasty dessert-Tangelo. The ala carte menu makes it fun to share and experience many of the veggie dishes. We will be back!Special Features:
- Four of us went for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2013Four of us went for dinner the second week it was open and between us got a great sampling of the starters and appetizers. The Hot and Cold starters - all of which are vegie based were great: we had the fried brussels sprouts, grilled asparagus, roasted cauliflower (a bit burned)and leeks. Moved on to apps: french fries, green chile pupusas, baby back ribs, and octopus. Loved the ribs and the octopus - the other two just ok. By then we were all full and shared the sand dabs - delicious! Server was nice but service was really slow. She spent more time looking at her I pad (they use to take orders) than interacting with us. Not hearty enough for my husband to return but the rest of us would.Special Features:
- having white table clothsKarenandbillDined on 3/24/2013having white table cloths is wonderful...makes the restaurant look comfortable, yet elegant, even with the pqper on top! We lover the red, black and crisp white decor. We plan to go again asap!Special Features:
- Beignets undercooked, burrataMediocre2VIPDined on 3/23/2013Beignets undercooked, burrata runny sweet breads drenched in sauce, the only saving grace was the fries, I was even brought my ice tea which was wrong and had no ice. The fries came out last, even after two orders of the beignets were made. We were so disappointed with the food that we hesitated to order anything else. Not on par with Binkleys or Café Bink at all Kevin, We ended up at the Breadfruit after paying for the meal and enjoying our meal clearly there is some work that needs to be done before I can return the fries should not be the shining star of a meal.
- The wait staff seemed unseasonedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013The wait staff seemed unseasoned which hopefully will get better in a month or so, one example we had the frozen tangello sorbet and when the server was pouring the liquid nitrogen on the dish it was splattering and you could feel it hitting your arms and chest. The food was tasty and well executed which we have come to expect from Kevin Binkley, but it was a bit of a surprise that when we asked the waitress about a couple of dishes she stated that she hadn't tried any of them yet. Long story short we will try it again in a month or so to see how it does.Special Features:
- Food was excellent! Many serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013Food was excellent! Many service issues but I will definitely go back after they have had some time to work out the kinks!Special Features:
- We know they were just recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013We know they were just recently opened but the service was very disjointed for our group of 6. Initial cocktail service slow, long wait after ordering meal and additonal drinks then our salads came after our entrees. The food was good, especially the skirt steak and sand dabs. We will return.Special Features:
- We visited on one of the restaurantWKeatsoutDined on 3/22/2013We visited on one of the restaurant's first nights, so there were a number of glitches. Staff seemed confused and there were some large gaps in service. But, the place is cute, the menu is interesting, and the food of high quality. I suspect the problems will be worked out soon and this will become a place we visit regularly.Special Features:
- It was opening night so I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/20/2013It was opening night so I'm definitely willing to forgive some service hiccups since the food was great and our waitress was helpful and bubbly. Definitely going to be a great local restaurant we will go to again and again.Special Features: