2320 E Osborn Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://binksmidtown.com/
- Phone: 6023884874x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Daily: 2:30pm - 6:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am- 2:30pm
Please inquire within about patio seating.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Binkley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We strive to bring the best of our restaurant into you home.
- Private Party Facilities: Our comfortable private dining room can accommodate up to 14 guests.
A word from Bink’s Midtown
Bink's Midtown features local products prepared from scratch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bink’s Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (45)romantic (34)great for outdoor dining (31)great for lunch (28)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (15)good for groups (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Wonderful EveningAndyDined on 5/17/2014We have been to Bink's Midtown several times and always come away pleased. This week we choose it for my wife's birthday celebration. We took a couple who had never been therefore before. As always, it was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Good Stuff!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We had a good time at Bink's and especially enjoyed the sweetbreads. Happy hour is a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened, Bink???OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Have eaten at this restaurant 3 times previously and was great. This last experience was enough to make me never want to go back. Arrived to a "dead" restaurant. Table was nice. Server was good, but all 3 food choices were ill prepared. Almost sent back all 3. Mussels were over-cooked and super fishy. Sent them back. Cauliflower was clearly re-heated and globbed w cheese. Scallops tasted strongly of propane from the grill. I imagine our food was poorly pre-pared because of the lack of diners. But was enough to wonder if lack of diners could be attributed to a run of poorly executed food? What happened?!? Hope Binks can get back on track. I'm now nervous to go back. :/Special Features:
- jesuiaffameDined on 5/16/2014Great little spot, wonderful service and the food is fresh, creative and delish! Went on a Friday night and the place was practically empty. Not sure if it's because of the slightly odd location or because there are just so many great restaurants in Phoenix, but Bink's Midtown is worth checking out.Special Features:
- Great food, quirky locationScottVIPDined on 5/14/2014Everything we had was delicious and the service was prompt and personal. The BBQ squid was an absolute standout but the duck breast and pumpkin fritters with maple mousse for dessert were both excellent. Well worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Binkley's Mother's DayBinkFanDined on 5/11/2014Fantastic! Took my mom to Bink's Midtown for Mother's Day and she loved it. Attentive, but not hovering wait staff, calm environment and fantastic buffet. What about that pork belly...nobody can do it like Binkley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Booked Binks for Mothers Day based on it being written up as a top 10 brunch in PHX. Menu looked great so I made a reservation for my family including my wife and mother. Turns out they were doing a buffet only. I did not want a buffet and was not advised of this when making the reservation. Binks is not set up for a buffet so had food spread across the bar. To high for even my Mom to really see and reach everything and exceptionally crowded. All the food was cold and the smoked salmon was raw to the point of sushi. Eggs did come out of the kitchen, the only hot item of the day. Worst of all, when the check arrived we saw for the first time this mediocre, at best, brunch was $45 per person. Bait and switch and 100% not worth it.
- DisappointedRazzinAzDined on 5/5/2014Food was unusual and uneven. Some dishes (scallops, arugula salad) were inventive and delicious. Some dishes were overdone (octupus) and cloyingly sweet (sweet read nuggets). We love the Cave Creek Binkleys but the chef must have been there instead of Midtown. Servers are immature and uneducated. "Like, Gee" presentations, mixed up orders, and incessant, "how is everything" even before we have had a chance to taste a dish. Not the birthday celebration I had in mind.Special Features:
- creative local and unassumingms14Dined on 4/26/2014On our first visit to Binks we enjoyed the local produce creatively put together into cold plates and salads. The beet salad was super and my arugula salad was delicious as well. We ordered two desserts, expecting small portions but each was enough for two! We made an early reservation before the opera, and were happy to enjoy the happy hour prices on glasses of wine and select small plates. The light wood floor, clean white walls inside complimented the fresh food atmosphere. We hesitated to eat on the patio since it's at the street, but may try that next time. Service was friendly and well paced, but we had to ask each time for plates to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/24/2014Great except for the fly problem, if you eat on the patio expect uninvited little guests!Special Features:
- What a findlittlecoolDined on 4/23/2014I loved the patio and the food was amazing! A true neighborhood restaurant and bar, we loved the atmosphere and coziness of the front patio.Special Features:
- Another Fantastic Bink's experienceCJ2014Dined on 4/20/2014We go to Bink's often - it's close to our house but much more importantly, the food is spectacular. Always a treat. Our waitress, Kendall, was a gem, and we had a great time, the food was really great.Special Features:
- good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014The food what really good, but the services was not the best, we got our appetizer but had no plates, it took ten minutes for me to flag someone down to get them. They server was hard to find and a little rude. For the price we paid (100+) the service should have been better, and just because we don't have five people dinning, does not mean that we should not get the same level of service. It seem the big group next to us, that came in after us and was served everything before us. I felt like we were an after thought.Special Features:
- excellent dinner!LousBluesDined on 4/18/2014Each dish was beautiful and delicious. Server was very friendly and knowledgeable. terrific atmosphere and absolutely delicious pumpkin fritters for dessert. I will definitely return for my next special occasion!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2014Excellent. Interesting menu, terrific service Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Beginning to endVegetablePoetDined on 4/16/2014Delighted to walk a few blocks to this very delightful neighborhood eatery. I came prepared to thoroughly enjoy my meal and take on the suggestions of other reviewers. Our picks: Moscow Mule, full of ginger and plenty of spirit. Amuse bouche, (Thankyou chef) was buckwheat biscuits floating in malty vanilla butter. Every other word that came out of our mouths from that point on was "oh this is so good...mmmmm". Next the fries, 3 sauces, so good....best I have had since my trip to Belgium. Loved the truffle ketchup and garlic aioli. Next we sampled the Curried Pear soup...Kale Salad...spinach salad....and ended with the Chocolate Pudding although good it was super sweet and a tad bit hard to eat. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Binks not magical anymoreIkeADined on 4/12/2014The first time I came to Binks a few months ago was for lunch. The food was to die for and worth the price. Saturday was not good and definitely not worth the price and the server was terrible. She spoke way too fast and mumbled where could not understand a word she said. I told her to speak clearer and she must have been a air head because she completely ignored the comment. Food was also "Eh!" and not worth the $ 75 I spent (included 2 greyhound margaritas that were not all that great). I am so disappointed because the location is awesome and I do admit the ribs are great still but everything else was blah! Binks, get a clue and revisit yourselves. No wonder the restaurant was empty for a Saturday night.
- We enjoyed the mussels, sweetbreadfoodfreakVIPDined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed the mussels, sweetbread nuggets ribs and asparagus topped with an egg. Also thought the trout and pork belly were great. The patio was a great place to sit, the service was great and it's one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- Loved it!Veggiediners2VIPDined on 4/9/2014Our server, Meschelle, was fabulous. She took time to explain what menu items were vegetarian and told us what customizations could be made to accommodate our non-meat diet. She guided us through the happy hour menu and helped us select a delicious dessert. The atmosphere is nice even though the restaurant is right on Osborn road. Worth it! If you have to wait, there are lawn games available to keep you busy. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchDDHHDined on 4/9/2014Terrific food, at a very reasonble price for what you get. Seems to be a well-kept lunch secret as was not crowded; you can either linger over the delicious fare, as we did, or get in and out pretty quickly. Fries are not to be missed--they make a great appetizer, and that way you can enjoy the small salad that comes with most sandwiches, which is terrific. If you have room for dessert, the chocolate pudding cake will definitely fill any remaining cracks. My second visit, and both a top notch lunch! Can't wait to actually have dinner at one of Binkley's restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bink's Midtown was delicious!Lindaaz1VIPDined on 4/7/2014Kevin Binkley's creative menu always delights...but. I always have to have the French Fries every time I go there...I think it's the hand cut crispy goodness and that truffled ketchup...yum! Make sure to try their pig of the week special sandwich or dish...outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bink's in the hood (neighborhood)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2014We have enjoyed all the Bink's restaurants and bistros. So nice to have one close in our neighborhood. It is a Sunday afternoon favorite for a light brunch. Green chile pork is so flavorful and the french toast id devine.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for a romanticGoodeats5Dined on 4/5/2014Great restaurant for a romantic dinner with your wife.Special Features:
- Scallops were cool/cold whenjohnmcDined on 4/5/2014Scallops were cool/cold when delivered. Ordered after dinner coffee with our dessert and my wife and I were NEVER offered a refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!julesVIPDined on 4/2/2014From the wonderful hot from the oven buckwheat rolls to the curried quinoa and kale salad to the many other options...no disappointments yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu was well rounded andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/1/2014Menu was well rounded and interesting. Everything we had was excellent. Great happy hour menu as well! A really cute place, larger than you expect when you walk in - and really overall a great dining experience.Special Features:
- This restaurant was high priced,greggVIPDined on 3/27/2014This restaurant was high priced, the entrees were ok, not really anything special. Nice but no need to go back..The server was very attentive. We went on a Thursday, the restaurant did not have 10 tables with people.Special Features:
- Lovely quiet spot for 2 orOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2014Lovely quiet spot for 2 or a group! Sat outside under. Stars by open fire pit. My husband actually forgot his wallet on table and they had it licked in office. Loved this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's great to find a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/23/2014It's great to find a restaurant where the emphasis is on locally sourced produce. The execution of the dishes is flawless. The wine list is very well thought out with interesting selections at every price point. Our server was very friendly and welcoming. She helped guide our decisions. My only complaint, and I use the word complaint lightly, would be that the service could be more attentive. Our water bottle sat empty for most of the meal as did our wine glasses. By the time our server asked if we would like a second glass of wine, we had finished our meal. I would most definitely return!Special Features:
- Super LunchPHOENIXNATIVEDined on 3/21/2014Wonderful Food, the veggies are fantastic. We love the burgers and the produce is very well prepared. Soups are amazing.Special Features:
- unique menu with local produceDarbyDined on 3/20/2014We ordered the butternut squash soup (amazing) and each an entree - duck was wonderful, scallops had a fishy taste and a little grit. Next time we would order several hot and cold veggie items and share. That's what the party next to us did and everything looked wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like sweet food?DONPVIPDined on 3/13/2014I don't - and most everything here was sweet. I was not impressed. Also, things listed on the online menu were not offered.Special Features:
- Disappointing. Had the recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/13/2014Disappointing. Had the recommended pork belly. Greasy and couldn't eat most of it
- Overall WonderfulGeneDined on 3/12/2014The food preparation is unique and extremely tasteful. The service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Tried Binks for the 1st time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I was very pleased with the experience. The food was simple but elegantly prepared. Butternut squash soup, trout, and Cauliflower were delicious and priced fairly. Upon request they prepared a lovely dessert with chocolate written verbage on the plate. Beautifully done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemlakeloveriaDined on 3/5/2014We met friends here. Although we initially went to the wrong restaurant, there are two by this name, when we eventually arrived, we had a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Creative Food Items but Too NoisyHokajoDined on 3/1/2014Like most new trendy restaurants, Binks Midtown has all hard surfaces that don't absorb noise.It's a small interior with tables VERY close together to pack in more diners, so when the room is full, it's hard to talk with your companion(s). It is, however, a great spot for vegetarians which I am not. Having seen the menu online beforehand, I was all ready for the sand dabs. Unfortunately, they weren't offered as they were judged to be of inferior quality. Not much else appealed to me, but I ordered "Amy's Bolonese", & it was outstanding. I'd return for that alone. My husband began with the chopped salad which he really liked & then the flat iron which didn't compare to another bistro in the valley. I don't believe he would return.Special Features:
- Great Midtown Diningnew2flagstaffDined on 3/1/2014Four of us tried Bink's Midtown for the first time and were impressed with the food, ambience and service. It was a rainy evening, so we did not sit outside. Inside was nearly full, but the noise level was low, unlike many of the good restaurants we have visited lately. The menu is not extensive, but everyone in our party found plenty of dishes to enjoy. In addition to all this, the prices were reasonable. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Everything was just okDLnGLDined on 2/28/2014The food was good but could of had a more extensive menu. The food was better than the service. The service was not at the level you would expect from binks. The wine list was big but they didn't really have any wines from CA, maybe 1 or 2.Special Features:
- Midtown GemOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/26/2014Wonderful food, lovely transformation from the previous restaurant and sweet,knowledgable service.Special Features: