2501 E Camelback
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.soloaz.com/
- Phone: 6023683680
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -3:00pm;
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm -5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Craig Degel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Solo Trattoria
Arizona focused, seasonally inspired Italian cookin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Solo Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Solo Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (46)romantic (40)special occasion (38)notable wine list (24)hot spot (21)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (12)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Best Italian in PhoenixBrettDined on 7/23/2014They have best meatballs in the valley; they come in a homemade traditional marinara sauce. The chicken marsala is moist, tender, and crispy with loads of savory mushrooms in a delectable marsala sauce. I also loved their fresh pasta, especially the chitarra, which is homemade.Special Features:
- Never knewJenkathenDined on 7/18/2014Great food. Very nice inside. Service from all! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedJulieVIPDined on 7/17/2014I took my sister to Solo for her birthday dinner. We enjoyed hanging out with Eli in the bar first, and then seated in the intimate dining area. The service and the food were excellent. We shared the Salmon and chicken/mushroom/ pasta dish. Patty said it was the best meal she'd had in awhile. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was our first time at Solo and I know we will go back. Everyone was so welcoming abs the food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Romantic Evening OutCasandraDined on 7/12/2014This was out first time at Solo Trattoria. We were greeted promptly upon out arrival. Our table wasn't quite ready for us, so we were directed to have a seat at the bar. Which we did and the bartender was very nice and friendly. Once out table was ready we moved. They had live entertainment that evening, which was nice but just a little bit too loud for a Romantic evening, but all in all she sang well and we enjoyed the entertainment. The lighting was just a little bit to dim, very hard to read the menu. Our service was very polite and explained things very well for us. Especially since we were there using a Deal Chicken voucher. This was out fisrst visit and we look forward to returning. The food was scrumptious. Thank You!!!Special Features:
- Fresh family owned gem!!Super1Dined on 7/7/2014Super clean family owned.. Farm fresh, perfect portioned meals. Super staff that was very knowledgeable of the menu with great recommendations.. Can't wait to go back on a night with live music..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/1/2014We had a great evening and really enjoyed the restaurant. Excellent service, and delicious food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Overall we had a great night. The salmon was excellent.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysDmjohnson82VIPDined on 6/25/2014We come here often. Food is always great and the staff is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrancieVIPDined on 6/21/2014No Caesar or Ranch dressing for salad. Very expensive even with a coupon. Waiter (not sure if he was a relative of the owner) was pretty disinterested in helping us.
- Cute and RomanticBigSmilesDined on 6/20/2014Solo Trattoria had a duet playing... a saxophone and a bass which made for a romantic treat. The service was pretty good, and the atmosphere was very relaxed. My flat iron was cooked perfectly and the combination of caramelized onions and mushrooms made this a very tasty entree. I would definitely recommend this place1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!phxfoodloverVIPDined on 6/19/2014Great family run place. So much made from scratch. Will be going back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingPHXLouisVIPDined on 6/14/2014Solo Trattoria is one of my favorite restaurants in Phoenix. I really enjoy the live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. The menu, while not large, has some great selections. I love the beet salad with arugula, which is big enough to split with a dining companion. On my most recent visit, I had the flat iron steak which was delightful. On past visits, I've had the Chicken Marsala, Chicken Picatta, Salmon and Pizza……all of which have been delicious. This small family owned & operated restaurant has a very pleasant ambiance and service is always outstanding. There's plenty of parking in the Esplanade parking garage, which is free of charge with validation provided by the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the effort to find it!Wendell2foodieDined on 6/11/2014The only problem with Solo Trattoria is its location. First timers will have a difficult time finding it, located in a complicated office megaplex with many different entrances, none if which are marked for the restaurant. We glimpsed the entrance as our GPS got us there but then couldn't figure out how to access it. We ended up parking in the wrong lot with no elevator and had to trek down two flights of stairs )with two bad knees) across a plaza before we got there. Once in, we were greeted, seated immediately and took advantage of Wednesday half-price wine bottle night. Meatballs as a starter for me were heavenly, and my wife loved her usual choice, Caprese salad. Bread, shrimp scampi and chicken Marsala delicious. Debbie great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italian with a flairgoodeats48Dined on 6/7/2014All members of our party of 4 loved this new family owned and operated gem. From appetizers, entres and deserts the food was all well crafted, presented and delicious. It is dining at its best. The wait sraff was attentive and knowledgable. The seating comfy and refined. Go support this establishment they deserve it and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 116 reviews are from the Solo Trattoria reviews archive.
- unique and delicious cuisinepidgeDined on 6/5/2014absolutely loved me night here - the food was fabulous and the service amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiancethatsItalian2Dined on 5/31/2014We were greeted promptly, had to wait a few min for our table, but were given a choice of which one we'd like, which was nice. Our server was pleasant, knowledgeable about the wine list, and helpful with the menu. The food was very good to excellent, caprese salad and asparagus & proscuitto appetizers were excellent, as was the salmon. The atmosphere was very nice-a family with children were near us and quite happy, as were the couples around us. Would definitely go back, and would recommend Solo Trattoria to anyone!Special Features:
- Just loved this placeDebraDined on 5/30/2014There was not one thing that we ordered that we did not like. I am looking forward to my next visit so I can try some others.Special Features:
- Local gemAnnWDined on 5/27/2014Every time we've visited the food it terrific. The menu changes depending on locally available items and the season. The beet salad and flat iron steak are the best. This is a must visit restaurant--it's worth it's hard to find location (below the AMC theatres off Camelback in the Esplanade) Save room for dessert!!Special Features:
- outstanding servicemartyDined on 5/24/2014i have dined in this restaurant couple times and all of the staff are terriffic as is the foodSpecial Features:
- Not up to expectations!ScottsdaleStu6VIPDined on 5/21/2014First time at Solo Trattoria and won't be back. Started with the bread, probably would have been good but it was burnt, (never should have been served to us). Had the caprese salad, tomatoes were ordinary not ripe, and the mozzarella was tasteless. Main entree, was their pasta bolognese. This too was bland, tasteless, and spice was lacking and the pasta was limp and overdone. Sorry folks, you may be catering to the Chicago crowd but in this case you missed out. Suggestion, try some garlic, oregano and leave pepper on the table.Special Features:
- Worth findingmargaretmitchellDined on 5/21/2014We had a Living Social voucher so were seeking the location of this restaurant. It's a good thing we had the address and a gps because it is hidden away in an upscale center and doesn't have much signage or visibility from the street. We enjoyed our visit especially the appetizers and entrees. The desserts each had a little twist on traditional flavors which depending on your tastes could be a refreshing innovation or a slight disappointment. Would go there again if we were in the area.Special Features:
- Worth finding ...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014Even w/ a GPS (and, tho, one block from our hotel, staff was unaware of restaurant!) it was not easy to find this gem but it certainly is worth your while. Cuisine is creative and staff knowledgeable. Good wine selection and lovely art - for sale - exhibited on walls. Casual. Definitely returning when in area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service much better than the foodblondie98Dined on 5/19/2014Ryan was an excellent server. The red wine he recommended was very good. For starters, we had the pork belly, which seemed pretentious nonsense with piles of fat, and very good meatballs. Main courses: Braised beef that wasn't as good as the commercial Jack Daniel's pulled beef from Costco, and shrimp scampi that were 5 in number and mediocre at best, with lots of mostly flavorless pasta that we didn't even bother to finish. The desserts were the best part of the meal: tiramisu and chocolate lava cake.
- Had to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014We went for the first time about a month ago and we had to go back! Such a great place! Amazing service and delicious food! Love their pizzas, meatballs and fresh mozzarella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good restaurantJerJuneDined on 5/14/2014The place is conveniently located with plenty of parking in the Esplanade garage. It's located on ground level and has outdoor seating. The fool selection was good and the choices we made were excellent. Their wine list is extensive. Service was great and the server was very knowledgeable. Overall, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot5220Dined on 5/9/2014Staff is very knowledgable and polite. Drink selection is great and pizza is excellent. Would Definitely Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Yum YumOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/9/2014Family owned and operated. 2nd visit, & it was better than the 1st. Starters: Caprese salad was fresh & yummy; prosciutto wrapped asparagus w/over easy egg was wonderful! Entrees: Shrimp w/homemade pasta - plenty of shrimp, bit of a spicy kick, pasta was cooked perfectly; Skuna Bay salmon-again perfectly prepared and uber flavorful. Desserts: Gelato w/espresso & Biscotti was a perfect ending and the chocolate lava cake, well, nuff said. One of the sons introduced us to a Semillon wine from Columbia Valley - very good and paired with the entrée nicely. He also suggested a 26-yr old bourbon, and a die-hard whiskey aficionado has 2! Great service, knowledgeable staff, best of all: Terrific food!Special Features:
- Love soloDmjohnson82VIPDined on 5/8/2014Food is always amazing and good sized portions. Staff is friendly and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumbumDined on 5/7/2014My husband and I visited Solo on a recent Wednesday evening and had a great experience! The servers and staff were all very friendly upon arrival. We ordered a bottle of wine (half off on Wednesdays) recommended by the server and it was excellent. We then proceeded to order the beat salad appetizer and two pasta dishes for entrees. Everything tasted extremely fresh and delicious! My husband ordered a tagliatelle with bolognese sauce, it was so tasty and flavorful I kept sneaking bites even though I don't normally eat red meat. I ordered the verdure, a spaghetti squash pasta dish, and it may be the one of the best things I've ever ordered at an Italian restaurant! Overall highly recommend visiting Solo! Great service and fantastic food!Special Features:
- greatgolferjudiDined on 5/5/2014We were so pleasantly surprised with Solo. Starting with our server who was courteous and was able to answer all our questions (wine and food). The food was superb. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Moderately priced superb dining!DoobsterDined on 5/3/2014Wow! This is a tucked away little place with marvelous food (not overly priced), excellent service, and a nicely priced wine list. We couldn't sit inside because of the live music (I'm hard of hearing and like to converse with my wife!); however, the solo musician was very good. The food? Excellent! Both main courses were tasty and properly portioned, and the meatballs were a wonderful starter. Dessert? The hostess, Jackie, makes the tiramisu and it was done right! Friendly staff with both the owners (I believe Jackie is one of them), server, and busser checking with us to make sure that all was right with the meal. A place you can go and know you will be appreciated for your business and you, in turn, will leave satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ham, fig, arugula pizzaPDXJenDined on 5/3/2014While I was in Phoenix for a conference, I made new friends. I initially made reservations for 6, but picked up a few folks between calling for a reservation and actually getting to the restaurant. When u showed up with 12, SOLO did a great job of accommodating us. The hard working wait staff kept our wine glasses filled and service was prompt and professional. The pizza was great, pasta homemade, and caprese was tasty. I would definitely recommend this for a big group and would likely return if I am in this area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerahazeDined on 5/2/2014Great food, and there was enough lighting inside to see the food as well as taste it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diamond in the roughPickyeaterDined on 4/29/2014We were very surprised at how cool the place is - original artwork for sale, elegant but cozy decor, comfortable seating and wonderful ambiance. We were equally surprised with the food - it was absolutely delicious, prepared and presented with finesse. We aren't sure how this isn't on the radar of every foodie we know! Our server was knowledgeable and made every dish sound delectable. We were a group of 6 from age 13 up and everyone loved their experience. The only downside was choosing what to order - you will want to try everything! We are adding this to our list of favorite places - a real keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DETempeDined on 4/23/2014We went there because we purchased a groupon. The waiter was very friendly and accomodating. He let me taste 3 different wines before choosing a bottle. We loved the meatballs. My husband ordered the flat iron and I chose the shrimp scampi. Our friends ordered a vegan and a gluten free entree. All were very tasty. We saw many other dishes we would like to try. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsms6jDined on 4/19/2014Food and wine were great. Small place so live music seemed loud, but when we asked them to moderate it they immediately did. Thoroughly enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent service!CnMeDined on 4/18/2014We found this spot on groupon and were excited to hopefully find a new Italian restaurant. The staff was super friendly, the food was good. The entrees are a little pricey but we had a groupon so it worked out. Oh... The meatball app is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DBJBVIPDined on 4/14/2014A great local place to eat! Could be noisy on a busy night because it is small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and deliciousoutandaboutDined on 4/12/2014Three of us had a great time, delicious drinks, and a wonderful selection of food items, and not to large to have to READ for days. The meat and cheese board was fabulous, with homemade jams that really complimented. Excellent bread, great pizza, Flat Iron steak was incredible. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.