5560 West 29th Ave
Wheat Ridge, CO 80214Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.west29th.com/
- Phone: 3032333377x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat-Sun: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tue-Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday : 5:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Robert Cherenzia 3032333377x
- Special Events: We will be closed to the public on Sunday, July 21st 2013. West 29th will be holding a private event to help Feed the Future. For tickets to this event please visit http://www.wheatridgebiz.com/FTF2013.php
A word from West 29th
West 29th is a new restaurant in Wheat Ridge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
West 29th - Best Restaurants in Wheat Ridge ›
West 29th reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (85)great for outdoor dining (77)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (39)great for brunch (28)romantic (21)good for groups (21)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Another Lovely EveningMickiVIPDined on 2/21/2014This was our second visit to West 29th and it met every expectation. The food was terrific and our server was friendly, knowledgeable and allowed us a leisurely evening when we told her we preferred not to hurry. Although we were taking things slowly, she always seemed to be there when we needed her - a rare skill! Can't wait for summer so we can try the amazing patio!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantPyujiriDined on 2/20/2014It was a real treat to find such a excellent restaurant right in our own neighborhood! We had a party of 4 and all ordered different dishes, all of which were well prepared and delicious. The pumpkin soup, the crab fritters, the Mahi Paella, the stuffed agnolotti, and the cobia were all exquisite. We went for the creme brulee and carrot cake for dessert, which were good as well. The restaurant has a great atmosphere. It is well decorated with a warm fire going in the hearth and wood floors and wood beams in the ceiling. The noise level is kept at a minimum so you can actually hear everything your companions are saying. Highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeLinnieDined on 2/16/2014Nice place, food is unique and delicious, a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FindoffdiscVIPDined on 2/15/2014Tucked away in a back section of Edgewater, we had driven by this restaurant several times and never noticed it. What a shame! The food and service are outstanding! The dining room is charming and I'll be back to check out the outdoor patio when the weather gets warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep up the hard workNorthwestDinersDined on 2/15/2014Had heard about 29th from friends and know the Owner form his other endeavors. Good location, nicely done athmosphere but... Food was over cooked a bit, The room was louder than desired. Definately a mature crowd by looking at the ages across the room. Wine and beer selction is great and reasonably priced. We will try back in the early summer to see what the outside experience is like.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to placeTriggerman1961Dined on 2/14/2014In the land of $65.00 ho-hum steaks and $15.00 standard sides, West 29 is refreshing. The food is always great, we have been there 5 times. The room is not over the top, but very nice. Service is very personable and professional. The food is delicious, innovative, and well executed. They have a very nice bar and fun wine list. We always have been met at the door with a smile and a handshake, rare in day of " we will be with you in a few minutes" attitudes. Their have a gorgeous patio which should be fun this summer. What you save in parking fees you can splurge on an extra dessert. Go and have fun dining again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMarkDined on 2/14/2014Our first visit to West 29th was dinner on Valentine's Day. Neither my wife or I can remember the last time we were this impressed with a restaurant. The menu was interesting, and the food did not disappoint. The ambience was warm and inviting with a very nice energy level. As if all of the above was not enough, the service was even better. Our waiter, Eric, was very helpful and attentive. Even the kitchen staff thanked us as we left the restaurant. We have already made reservations to go back. We have just found our new go to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice warm light, attentive servicelovefoodDined on 2/14/2014We will go back to this restaurant, the patio looks like it would be fun. I was not that impressed with the menu, however the food we had was well prepared with a nice presentation. We had a fun evening, especially enjoyed the warm glow of the interior lighting.Special Features:
- Perfect Special DinnerDiggeoDined on 2/14/2014We have just moved to this part of town, and I was looking for a nice but not too expensive local option. I took my husband and son here for Valentine's Day - it was lovely. The service was friendly and good with kids, the food was nicely portioned and perfectly cooked. We will definitely be there many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend brunches are specialjwa1313Dined on 2/9/2014at West 29th; and the kitchen & waitstaff go out of their way to make it so. "Bottomless' mimosas are available at brunch; and (a welcome addition) the mimosas can be made with grapefruit juice, in addition to the traditional OJ. Egg dishes were done perfectly to order; and one (complicated!) off-menu order was gracefully accommodated by the waitstaff and kitchen. This was our second visit to West 29th; both have been brunches. We look forward to sampling the evening menu on a future occasion; and also look forward to trying out patio dining in the spacious & attractive outdoor seating areas when the weather improves - outside temperature on the day of our brunch was four degrees below zero (February in Denver!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday breakfastSpecialTreatsDined on 2/9/2014We were each served a tasty and reasonable sized meal. We each had something different and everything was delicious! A large group was seated behind us causing it to be loud and difficult to hear. Otherwise, I think it would have been just perfect. The staff were kind and helpful. The mango wine crepe was yuuummmyyy! Gluten free breads are not an option but the farm fresh organic meats are a plus!Special Features:
- Homey and DeliciousSteveDined on 2/2/2014Our special Girls Only (ages 9-69!) brunch was a wonderful occasion last Sunday. Our round table next to the fireplace was comfortable with excellent service. Everyone loved their food and our waitress was very helpful explaining items on the menu. We all want to return and sit on the patio when the weather warms up. I highly recommend this top-notch neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, seasonal and locallyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/1/2014Delicious, seasonal and locally sourced food in a warm and welcoming environment. Service was excellent! So excited to find this wonderful spot in my neighborhood and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West 29th was a wonder eveningSherryDined on 2/1/2014West 29th was a wonder evening out. The food was exceptional and I loved the seasonal menu and fresh ingrediance. West 29th had me from the table breadsticks to the desert. You must try the Beef Stroganoff and Creme' Brule...To wonderful for words.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came in for my wife's 60thDonSDined on 1/30/2014We came in for my wife's 60th birthday, she was very pleased. Thank you for making it a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch!PattycakesDined on 1/26/2014Several of us met for brunch Sunday so they gave us our own private room with GREAT service and good food! Loved the prices too!!!Special Features:
- It passed the test!PapGVIPDined on 1/25/2014This was our first visit to West 29th. Although I wanted to try a number of great dishes on the menu, I elected to try two "standards" to comparison test against other restaurants. They were a Caesar Salad, and Fish and Chips. Both were excellent. The Caesar had a delightful house made dressing with just the right balance of garlic and anchovy taste, and creamy without being heavy. The roasted garlic aoli on the perfectly battered flakey fish was outstanding. My wife's pan seared Cobia was even better. So I can't wait to go back and try their "non-standard" menu items. Great value as well - 2 draft beers, bottle of French Pinot noir, 2 salads, 2 entrees, and a shared dessert $92.45. Warm and inviting space as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food I've had in a whiletomstephensDined on 1/18/2014West 29th was an arbitrary choice for dinner. We hadn't heard of it, but the menu looked interesting and we like to try new places. My wife and I only moved to Colorado a couple of years ago and we haven't tried many places, and so while we may not have a lot of comparison the places we have eaten are fairly notable in the area, such as Flagstaff House. Anyway, crucially West 29th was the best food we've had in Colorado yet, service and wine choices weren't up to some of the more upscale places we've tried but I don't fault them for that, in fact we really enjoyed the completely unpretentious atmosphere and down-to-earth staff.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningMickiVIPDined on 1/17/2014My husband and I had reservations for 6:30 on a Friday night and were surprised the restaurant was fairly empty. Our server was friendly and attentive and our wine and gnocchi appetizer arrived quickly. We told the server we were in no hurry and then I ordered the lamb shank and my husband ordered the beef bourgiunon. It was amazing and we found the prices very reasonable. We lingered over coffee and our server left us alone to talk, just checking in to see if we needed anything. By the time we left, sometime after 8 pm, relaxed and full, the restaurant was busy and everyone seemed to be enjoying a great evening. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Just "ok"YourRealEstateGuyVIPDined on 1/10/2014Because of the elevated prices, I would expect something better than we got.....food was good, but not great. Service was pretty good but the place was almost empty. I would definitely go back and try something different on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on the West SideKimberDined on 1/8/2014This is my favorite restaurant to go to for classic comfort food in a cozy environment and warm, friendly service. The mushroom stroganoff, grilled tenderloin, and stuffed meatloaf are some of our favorites so far. The wine list is diverse and affordable, and they feature weekly wines by the bottle. This feels like a much more upscale restaurant but with very reasonable prices. It's a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/7/2014Food came out quickly and very fresh. Nice open clean kitchen, which can be seen while dining. Nice decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent selection of draftTooleyDined on 1/5/2014Decent selection of draft beers some served in colorful beer steins. The gnocchi w/duck confit appetizer was to die for. Next time I'm ordering it double as a main dish. Fish and chips were piping-hot & perfect, the cole slaw was soggy however. We had made a reservation and got to sit right by the fireplace on a freezy cold night. Nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!mikebandw186Dined on 1/3/2014We were looking for a new place to try, and this came up on Open Table. We decided to give it a try, and we were amazed! The food was delicious and original, the service was the best I've had in a long time, and the atmosphere was top notch. Their wine list is well thought out and extensive. The Waitress was quick with everything, and didn't come by too often. It was a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Denver GemdineoutDined on 12/29/2013As a third generation native of Colorado and specifically North Denver, this restaurant is a true find on 29th Avenue. The restoration of the building is lovely both inside and out. I have been there in the summertime when it was very busy as well as just the other night to celebrate our anniversary. The outside patios are decorated nicely and in the winter it is nice to dine by the fireplace in the main dining room. The food is excellent; the Gorgonzola Stroganoff is amazing. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. I also like that it is quiet; you do not have to yell at each other across the table. I love this restaurant, both for the food and wine choices and the atmosphere. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood RestaurantbevlilDined on 12/27/2013We love to frequent restaurants that are not chains. We loved the ambience and the menu selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice hidden gemMeganDined on 12/27/2013My steak was cooked perfectly. Everything came out in a timely manner. The presentation was beatiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- may go backslammerDined on 12/24/2013food was a-ok nothing special, I had the stragonoff, I think the chef counted the pieces of meat for the dish, more mushrooms than anything. The service was fine. A little noisy from other tables nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HolidayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Our family had a wonderful Christmas Eve at West 29th. Great food and service. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter was visiting forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/23/2013My daughter was visiting for Christmas and we wanted to try a new place. We had a lovely experience, our food was simply wonderful, the service superb, the restaurant was beautiful and so inviting. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came back for a second timeBABS2013Dined on 12/21/2013This was our second time to visit the restaurant and I would have to say that I was not as impressed. One thing that I found very odd, is that you don't have bread to offer your customers. Only the bread sticks that I find to be not very tasty (hard to eat), but should not be the substitute for the kind of comfort food that you offer. We don't mind paying for it. I had the chicken soup and it was not warm enough. It should have been checked for temp before going out to the customer. I hate to complain and have food sent back, so I ate it and it was just ok (nothing to brag about). The main course was good, but not as good as the first time (beef stroganoff). The carrot cake was too dense and I would not order it again. Service great!Special Features:
- What a pleasant surpriseGustopherDined on 12/19/2013What a find. Right in Wheat Ridge neighborhood very near to Highlands. Food and service were amazing. Everything from steak to delicious vegetarian and gluten freeSpecial Features:
- Warm & CozyckingDined on 12/14/2013It's rare to find a restaurant with a warm, cozy atmosphere and really outstanding food, or one that is a great date-night location and also family-friendly, but West 29th qualifies in all those categories! The food is delicious, the service is friendly and attentive without being too much. I'm so envious of the neighbors--what a treat it would be to just walk over! Prices are also VERY reasonable and holiday decor really lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindkimcheechDined on 12/13/2013Brilliant menu, wonderful service, great ambiance. Love it, love it, love it! :)Special Features:
- Great new place!!UptownGirlDined on 12/6/2013Had dinner with 4 friends on Friday night and were pleasantly surprised with the vibrant energy and very cozy atmosphere. The pictures definitely don't do this restaurant justice because you enter at the bar and the restaurant is on the side and has great views of the open kitchen. Fireplace add great ambiance as well. The food was very good and we each chose a different entree to share the wide variety. Favorites were the lamb shank, trout and stroganoff. Service was outstanding and we had a very interactive and fun server named Joey. Great dinner and definitely a place we want to revisit, especially when the weather is nice again...they have an amazing outside patio!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindDarlinDined on 11/30/2013I found out about this place on Open Table. It's quite the gem. Located in a neighborhood it almost seems an odd location. Upon reaching it the parking lot was full and so was the restaurant. Thank goodness for reservations. We found the interior open access to watching the chefs cook. The menu was small but they utilize local produce and hormone free products. Wonderful. My husband had the meatloaf which he enjoyed. I'm not a meatloaf eater and his meatloaf was stuffed with something (can't remember what) but tasted like, well, meatloaf. I had the paella which was rich in flavor and tasty and I would order it again. Dessert was a decadent triple chocolate item that could have been split by 4 of us. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West 29th Earns High MarksProfessorDined on 11/25/2013We celebrated a birthday at a table close to the fireplace. The dinner was delicious. Service was attentive. Atmosphere was cozy. Check out this neighborhood gem with its unassuming name. You will be pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful on westsideMikepsbDined on 11/21/2013good food, good prices, good service, great ambience, nice fireplace, friendly staff, very good wine list. Could be for an intimate dinner with fireplace...or nice place to impress your parents. Chef is from the Brown Palace...soups are incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2013This is a rather new place and I wanted to keep it local. Parking was easy. The staff is friendly and helpful. The ambiance is great. It's light and welcoming. I'll try it again.Special Features:
- Awesome once again! ThankstravelinkristenDined on 11/9/2013Awesome once again! Thanks West 29th! Tres Leches cake is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.