The Veranda Restaurant
220 Grand Tradition Way
Fallbrook, CA 92028Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
The Veranda Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandtraditiongardens.com/restaurant/the-veranda
- Phone: 7607286466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Luis Ramos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Veranda Restaurant
While dining at the most atmospheric restaurant in Fallbrook, you can gaze at our sparkling lake and gorgeous grounds while enjoying a delicious meal prepared with seasonal produce from our on-site vegetable and fruit gardens. We offer patio heaters during the winter months and fans during the warmer months. Reservations are recommended. Enjoy a stroll through our many gardens before or after you dine at The Veranda.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Veranda Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fallbrook ›
The Veranda Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (51)scenic view (47)great for lunch (45)special occasion (35)great for brunch (34)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fabulous view of a gorgeousmarkVIPDined on 9/26/2013Fabulous view of a gorgeous garden. On a sunny day it really can't be beat. Good food and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Fabulous view - Delicious foodElceDined on 9/17/2013Loved the view and the food! But the service was slow. A bit confusing where to stand to be seated because the waitress was too busy with so many tables and was often in the back, leaving the waiting area unattended. Loved the Caprice sandwich and the avocado roll. I'll be back with other friends! Garden walk is lovely, but a bit expensive if you don't have lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ambiance. TransportsGrandpaJackDined on 9/8/2013Exceptional ambiance. Transports you to a different era.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the Hot SeatCeeJDined on 9/1/2013We arrived on time and we were the first to be seated of the morning at 9 a.m. It quickly became apparent that we were going to roast in the hot sun. We asked if there was any indoor seating. Answer was no. We moved to a table with a ceiling fan overhead and it helped a little for one of the three of us (Dad). My Dad and Brother were able to get into mostly shade. I ended up in the hot, bright, roasting sun. I was so miserable I could only eat half of my breakfast. This place needs some discreet roll down sun shades or they need to start later on summer mornings.The staff could have offered to move the table into the ample space in the shade closer to the building. The service was only fair. Had to ask for condiments and water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a Gem... Noted forTomas751Dined on 8/23/2013This is a Gem... Noted for its fantastic gardens...the Grand Traditions is a wonderful outing and its restaurant a pleasant surprise. The surprise is the quality and variety of the food offerings. All tables are outside on the veranda...and covered given the sun and other elements one might experience during the year. Our lunch was outstanding...and coupled with a cold glass of Reisling on this summer day...a wonderful event. You have to make reservatons for the restaurant ahead of time...we did 3 weeks prior to going. The gardens offer a wonderful respit to the hustle and bustle of daily life... Then proceed to the restaurant for a great lunch. Bon Appetite... T.NelsonSpecial Features:
- An afternoon on the verandadoldeeDined on 8/6/2013Definitely worth the drive from Point Loma! Have already recommended the Veranda to all who will listen and am planning a ladies group soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridge partysandyagoDined on 8/1/2013My grown children and I loved our day with you. We came early and toured the grounds which were prettier than Disney Land. We then had lunch and everything was wonderful and fresh. The manager visits your table to check and see if all is well, a very nice touch. I was interested in having my Bridge group partake in lunch and play Bridge afterwards. We well schedule that for Oct. We were fortunate that the weather was perfect, a gorgeous day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambianceLoveSanDiegoDined on 7/28/2013Grand Tradition is a wonderful establishment for any special occasion. The breakfast/lunch/weekend brunch is wonderful as you sit outdoors and enjoy the scenic view of the gardens and water feature. Reservations are required, and the food and ambiance is worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent venue, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2013Excellent venue, wonderful experience, great service. It's worth the drive to Fallbrook to experience the Veranda. Be sure to walk the gorgeous grounds. Just beautiful!Special Features:
- lovely gardens, food OKmunchDined on 7/9/2013the gardens are outstanding and the view from the Veranda was lovely. The food was just OKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifully presentednancDined on 6/28/2013Beautifully presented food in a wonderful environment on the veranda above the scenic gardens!Special Features:
- ELEGANTBergieDined on 6/25/2013Lovely setting, we were not rushed, gracious staff, We will be back when it cools off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2013Fabulous weather for a lovely lunch. Our men were impressed and we were all smiles to find a neighborhood gem! Indeed will stop again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!proudarmywifeDined on 6/2/2013It was a fabulous experience. absolutely a gorgeous place to have lunch or brunch any time. The staff was exceptionally outstanding. Very friendly and loved their recommendations on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing outdoor brunchLoveSanDiegoDined on 6/2/2013This amazing outdoor brunch is by reservations only, and offers a spectacular view of the gardens, lake, and fountain. Its exquisite ambiance is enhanced by the upscale service and food presentation. Don't let the low prices of the food fool you, as everything was fresh and made to order. We would not suggest bringing young children (under age 8) as the atmosphere lends itself to peaceful blissness away from family restaurant style chaos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casual elegancetulipDined on 5/30/2013Good food choices, delicious food, excellent service, overall peaceful ambience----raving about it to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWfallbrookfoodieDined on 5/25/2013What a absolute pleasure it was to dine here. The food, the view, the service, all was exceptional. This was our first time dining here, and we are putting it on our list of "go-to" places not only when we have company, but also when the 2 of us want that extra special spoil me now moment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2013Waiter admitted the "kitchen" was understaffed but he himself went on a break during our time with him and we waited a very long time to get help - he didn't appoint someone else to help us. Requests were forgotten about, time to take our order was exorbitant, time of arrival of food exorbitant - nothing went well in terms of service - even though the waiter was polite. Since you have at least a two to three week wait for reservations it would seem that everything would go smoothly when you arrived but that was not the case. Manager was friendly but they are apparently unorganized or understaffed or both. The place is tremendously beautiful!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is locatednanandchasDined on 5/3/2013The restaurant is located in GrandTraditions in Fallbrook. The grounds are beautifully groomed and planted with colorful flowers, waterfalls and large shady trees. We walked the trails before lunch and our table was ready at the reserved time. I ordered a cup of the mushroom soup and next time will order a full bowl,also had a salad and added the chicken it was tasty enough to order again. For the dessert I had a piece of marscapone cake and shared it with my two dining companions. We look forward to lunching there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best secret in FallbrookOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013Great Food, great service, great atmosphere! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent value and exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Excellent value and exceptional venue, food and service!Special Features:
- What a find! I'm sure to beFredDined on 4/11/2013What a find! I'm sure to be back bringing guests from out of town to enjoy our lovely weather and your beautiful gardens.Special Features:
- An amazing restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013An amazing restaurant with delicious food and absolutely outstanding service.Special Features:
- Romantic LunchDianaDined on 4/2/2013It's like going back in time on the veranda of a Victorian home with a view of lake and gardens.The food is a treat for the eyes and palate with much of the produce grown on the property.Service was impeccable with no feelings of being rushed.Quiet as well.It was an elegant lunch served as if in a private home.Special Features:
- Our experience at the VerandaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Our experience at the Veranda Restaurant could not have been better! The view from our table was spectacular and the food was divine! The waiter was very attentive and made us feel very special.Special Features:
- The food: Fresh, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2013The food: Fresh, delicious & beautifully presented. The atmosphere: Unbeatable. The scenery: A feast for the eyes! The service and staff: Warm and friendly. I've told all my friends about this place - a true hidden gem! It really felt like we were on vacation visiting a very special location. Everything about our visit was, in a word, superb! We'll definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- A MUST!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Was fabulous! I would go again and again! Make sure to not go for a "quick lunch"--it's the kind of place you want to take your time and also enjoy the incredible gardens.Special Features:
- The patio/veranda seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/7/2013The patio/veranda seating is the only way to go! Beautiful no matter the weather, it was raining the day we went and with plenty of heaters we even removed our jackets. The service was good, the food pretty good. I confess we didn't order entrees, my mom had soup which she said was very good and I had the Caesar Salad that was just a bowl of lettuce with croutons and cheese tossed together dry, dressing was served on the side. Nice updated version of a relish tray was delivered promptly when we were seated but they don't have bread the server said. To be fair he did serve two pieces with my salad. My mom lives in Fallbrook and we will definitely be returning to try other dishes and enjoy the amazing view.Special Features: