Hakkasan - Las Vegas
MGM Grand Hotel
3799 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/lasvegas
- Phone: 7028917888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday- Wednesday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner: Thursday- Sunday 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hakkasan Las Vegas has multiple dining room options available to accommodate any size group looking for a unique dining experience on The Las Vegas Strip. The main dining area, encased with intricate latticed woodwork partitions and Carrera marble allows for private gatherings throughout the restaurant. The private dining room on the second level overlooks the main dining room and offers an intimate setting for socializing for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffani Hara: firstname.lastname@example.org 7025969990x
- Entertainment: Hakkasan Las Vegas is an immersive 80,000-square-foot, five-level space that offers a variety of environments and experiences. This exceptional nightclub and restaurant concept showcases a unique convergence of world-class mixology and exclusive musical talent collaboration across numerous genres that is momentous in scale and ambition. Offering four distinct nightlife experiences, combined with two stories of dining decadence, Hakkasan Restaurant and Nightclub invite you to experience more…
- Special Events: Hakkasan Las Vegas can accommodate private events from 30 to 350 guests. Please email email@example.com to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan - Las Vegas
Enveloped in shades of signature blues, the entrance to Hakkasan Las Vegas restaurant invites guests to enter into a different world. Upon arrival, guests are greeted by a luxurious array of ambient sounds, scents and lighting, creating a relaxed mood and sensual vibe. Located on the first level is the main dining area, separated by latticed woodwork partitions for intimate dining spaces within the main room while still sharing the atmosphere of the entire dining area. The second level boasts a private dining area overlooking the main dining room, serving as a private oasis designed to provide a more intimate setting for socializing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Hakkasan - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
Hakkasan - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)fit for foodies (81)hot spot (75)romantic (65)good for groups (54)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (33)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Worst ServiceFoodieGirlDined on 4/26/2014I can't even comment on the food or ambiance because the service was so bad. It took 20 minutes for anyone to notice we had been seated and needed drinks. When we asked questions about the menu, we got a shrug of the shoulders and told "it's good" - it was as if we were annoying him with our questions. Once the order was taken, the waiter disappeared again for all of our dinner. We had to ask the water guy to get our waiter for the check. We noticed other tables around us were discouraged as well. It was our last night in Vegas so we were kind of sad our last restaurant experience was so bad. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
- Mixed Feelingsluv2eatDined on 4/23/2014Chicken with peanut sauce was the best ever! Short rib had good flavor but was chewy. Scallops were good but not amazing. Service started out great but waitress disappeared and never to be seen again. Another waitress picked up the slack.
- Quality Chinese/Asian in Las VegasCraigKennedyVIPDined on 4/18/2014My partner and I had a terrific meal at Hakkasan. With one exception, every dish that we tried was very good to excellent. In the appetizer section, you can avoid the dumplings. Overdone using a nontraditional method. On the good side, the duck salad is excellent as is the duck dishes on the main menu. We had a delicious cod dish that would have been slightly better if it had not been served at the same time as two very spicy dishes (one duck and the other tofu). The service was very good. Our waiter steered us to an excellent Japanese ale which we both enjoyed. The maitre'd made several stops by our table to make sure that all was well. The noise level can be a bit much. However, we would gladly have another meal at Hakkasan.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBtravelerDined on 4/17/2014Service was a little slow but the food was awesome. Try the Lobster Pot Pie......fantastic.Special Features:
- AMAZING MODERN CHINESEFoodieDined on 4/16/2014SOPHISTICATED, UPSCALE, ZEN LIKE DINING IN THE MGM HOTEL IN VEGAS. A WONDERFUL CHINESE FOODIE EXPERIENCE AWAITS YOU. TRIED THE BUDDAH'S PALM COCKTAIL...THEY HAVE A VERY CREATIVE COCKTAIL MENU. HAD THEIR SIGNATURE DISHES, THE DIM SUM, CRISPY DUCK SALAD, TEA SMOKED SHORT RIBS AND THE PIPA DUCK. EVERY THING WAS PERFECTION!Special Features:
- Amazing food!very beautiful placeArtCapellaDined on 4/12/2014I went to Hakkasan with my son and the food was really amazing. Very beautiful restaurant with an even better food and very good serviceSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantAlo115Dined on 4/10/2014The food was excellent especially the duck salad and the Mongolian beef. Service impeccable and ambiance like no other talking from a foodie. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More expensive than usuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/9/2014More expensive than usually expected for Chinese food but worth the price because of top notch ingredients, cooked perfectly with exceptional technique. Even the tea was exceptional. The dragon well tea was brewed (three sequential brewings) with exacting technique when asked how and why it was the way it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous but UnfulfillingsplashVIPDined on 4/9/2014Restaurant is beautiful (it's divided up into many small rooms to make it very private and romantic - as the wait staff said, drop bread crumbs when you go to the bathroom). Service is excellent. Food is quite good, but don't order the early dining prix-fixe menu unless you're planning on driving through somewhere on the way home. Hilariously small portions.
- Another great meal!WcatinLVDined on 4/9/2014This was our 2nd time at Hakkasan and we enjoyed it just as much as the first time. The service is absolutely top notch. Our table did one of the tasting menus and the food was exceptional. I'm highly allergic to cocoanut and the chef was able to accommodate our table by substituting a different dessert. It's a great place for a special occasion or if you just happen to be at the MGM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it cold have been great...HoneyBflyVIPDined on 4/8/2014The one in Miami is great, this one in Vegas needs help. Had a drink at the bar, the female b-tender had way too much attitude, really not necessary in Vegas. Dinner we were seated w/ our backs to the bar and a guy was screaming the F word so many times I had to ask him to “please move down, I do not want to hear that during my dinner.”(Poor floor plan) Our server, Maggie was the best part of the experience. She was attentive, professional and genuine. The Duck salad, was fab w/ large pieces of duck, a terrific mélange of flavors. Veggies very tasty. Steamed snapper was good but not superb- was a tad dry, sauce was delicious. Lamb overcooked, new one was undercooked. They were kiind remove it, but all that put a damper on the experience.Special Features:
- vs TAOOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/6/2014Tao is our favorite in Vegas. Thought we'd give you a try as the marketing appeared "TAO like". Food fell short as the Sea Bass was our bench mark. The chicken was impressive looking but lacked the fusion flavor we thought it would have. Love the intimate seating but not conducive to people watching. Wine list was B/C. Will try you again next visit and order the beef and the pork dish our neighbors were having.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as advertisedBalaewingVIPDined on 4/6/2014I was a little surprised to find this was a (small) chain. But my reservation were quickly overcome. We started with great drinks. We had a their version of Moscow Mule (China Mule?) that had the added ingredient of sake which added some great depth to the drink. We then had their signature dish which was the crispy duck salad which came with some pomegranates and arugula and some great tasting slices of crispy duck that would give any pork belly a run for its money. Later we had their stir fried lobster and their szechuan style rib eye. I figured both of these would be overkill and they could overcook or or flavor great meats but I was wrong. They were both perfectly cooked, and tender but had a lot of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what expectedteresatravelsDined on 4/3/2014The restaurant did not look quite as interesting as pictures online represented. Service was poor. Our server was not very eager to explain dishes to us as first time diners. The only food ordered that was above a 'good' rating was the duck salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hakkasan is stylin'CongelinaDined on 4/3/2014Nice for a splurge. Stylish, expensive, beautiful small portions. Lavishly simple, dark, feels like lots of private little areas separated by attractive grates. Lots of good-looking staff - need to drop the perfume. Almost too attentive. I don't like dinner plates removed while others are still dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent quality food, tastyIsabelleVIPDined on 4/2/2014Very nice place to be in Vegas. Nice selection in the menu and fantastic flavors. Waiter was very nice, helpful and smiling. The decoration is nice and a certain kind of intimate atmosphere. Highly recommended on a Thursday night as it gives you also free access to the night-club.Special Features:
- Amazing cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/1/2014YOU NEED TO GET THE DUCK SALAD!!! so many great flavors, and new takes on cantonese cuisine. great atmosphere, not too loud and not stuffy at all. We had the duck salad, silver cod in chinese honey, sweet and sour pork (i know what youre thinking, but no its nothing like you have had before), hot and sour soup, and the four vegetables. all fantastic.Special Features:
- Awesome placeHectortheinspectorDined on 3/30/2014Pretty cool place. The food is ok but the place and the service is pretty cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is always excellentFoodieVIPDined on 3/30/2014Service is always excellent at Hakkasan. The crab meat supreme soup is delicious. The Hakka pork belly claypot is a must try with the soft & flavorful pork belly. The passion fruit panna cotta and the yuzu & mango mousse are definitely two very unique desserts to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than Previous VisitmuteloreleiDined on 3/27/20142nd Visit. Mushroom Lettuce Wraps - 5 stars, really excellent, filling and flavorful, runs heavy on nuts. Hot and Sour Soup - 3 stars, chicken undetectable (was not even sure I didn't get served the veggie one) but good and intense flavor, small bowl but thick. Duck Udon - 3.5 stars, could have had less thin duck but overall good to very good, would get again. Darjeeling Tea - 2 stars, very nicely presented but went bitter super fast, since it's loose tea you can't remove the leaves, would not get hot tea again. No problem using a dining voucher and no attitude about it.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstandingBrownFormanDined on 3/25/2014Service was top notch from the second you walked in to the restaurant. Michael the GM was incredibly personable and food & drinks were of high quality. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Wonderful!AliLMDined on 3/21/2014Our food was wonderful. The portions were just right and food cooked perfect. Deserts were also wonderful. Coconut pudding and the ice creams were great choices. The display of the foods was also very attractive. Every attention to detail was noted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2014First time and not impressed! Service just OK, a little slow personally, but not bad! Ambience is ok room looks neat , but I don't like the feel cold and broken up! Go to there competitor Tao much better always good service always offer to comp for club don't have to ask and offer it Fridays and Saturday as well! Better food!
- Wonderful meal at HakkasanLou2800Dined on 3/19/2014The entire dining experience was lovely at Hakkasan, but the food was the star. The duck salad starter (big enough for two) was just wonderful. The perfectly seasoned and roasted duck on microgreens with crispy lotus root, pine nuts, and pomegranate seeds was amazing. Szechuan dumplings were also outstanding. Very good soups and a terrific selection of mains, including excellent seafood choices finish a grand menu. Desserts were also extremely good. All in all, an outstanding experience and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great place to eat in VegasFrancesEDined on 3/16/2014Amazing atmosphere Delicious food Good cocktails Attentive service Polite staff Beautiful restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingjudysDined on 3/14/2014We visited for Restaurant week and all five of us chose the special three course dinner. Appetizers ordered were dim sum plates, crispy quail and mushroom /pine nut lettuce wraps. The quail was the best in my opinion; nicely crisped with a hint of hot spice. Entrees ordered were sweet and sour pork, venison and sea bass. Though very good, the sweet and sour was standard fare. The sea bass was outstanding and the venison was wonderful. Sadly it has been removed from the regular menu. Dessert was to die for! Passion fruit pannacotta. This was so smooth with fresh bites of citrus and a small dollop of sorbet. We all wanted to lick the dish.Special Features:
- Fell in lovefredkVIPDined on 3/13/2014First time at Hakkasan and we (all three of us) fell in love with the space, the food, and especially our server, Kat. She was an absolute delight. Explained everything with enthusiasm, and obvious appreciation for the food. A great experience. Already made a reservation to go back week after next. It's terrific when something lives up to expectations!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience, Hit or Miss FoodmuteloreleiDined on 3/13/2014Spicy Quail Wings - 5 stars, really excellent. Sweet and Sour Pork in Pomegranate Sauce - 2 stars, cloying, too much, too oily, but the pork was tender and good quality. Panna Cotta - 5 stars, fun and tasty, lots of interesting flavors coming together. Bok Choy - 4 stars, well-prepared but mostly flavorless, could use a kick. Fried Rice - 1 star, embarrassingly truly awful, mushy, way too much oil, little flavor. Service is good, lots of circulating people checking constantly. Lovely ambience, mostly quiet and peaceful. Great liquor selection. Prices horrifically overinflated for most items, but it's the Strip.Special Features:
- Totally overrated Vegas restaurantMugibooVIPDined on 3/12/2014We dined here since we were watching a show @ the MGM. We got the regular menus but not the Restaurant Week menus - we found out about those because the table next to us had them. Our drinks and first dish came out relatively quickly, but it took them half an hour to bring out our next dishes. When they finally served our table again, they brought out 4 dishes together - terrible timing. One of the entrees (the scallops) was already getting cold and tasted too fishy. And at the end of our meal, they forgot to bring the voucher they had promised us at the beginning. Overall, the food is overrated and the service is terrible. It definitely felt like a club that was trying to manage a restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2014Had a great dining experience! They put their own flair into every dish. I'll be back next trip.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014I am lucky enough to have dined at Hakkasan Mayfair London & now Las Vegas. The food is delicious & the wine list is excellent. Thank you Hakkasan for another great dining experience for me. Cheryl Heffernan, Sydney, Australia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hakkasan Is a Winner!LVHikerVIPDined on 3/10/2014I came here for the Restaurant Week menu. The choices were varied. The food was superb! Service was excellent! This is a great addition to the line up at the MGM. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice changeSal01Dined on 3/9/2014A great way to experience what Chinese food is all about. Try the short rib appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service outstandingmmm10Dined on 3/7/2014A friend and I went there for restaurant week we didn't realize first but the restaurant was separate from the nightclub. The restaurant was downstairs and the food was fabulous. We had the vegetarian lettuce wraps which were outstanding in the panacea sp? for dessert was out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience ever!4diningVIPDined on 3/6/2014Staring with their one of signature cocktail , Bhuddah ... It was just a beginning of the best experience. We ordered many different dishes from all different categories for 8 of us and every single dish was astonishing. Duck salad is one must try. Only complaint I had was wine lists. Wish they have more choices of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MGMs finestKelscoDined on 3/6/2014We make sure to dine at Hakkasan once or twice every visit. This was an all guys trip for Nascar and to the man everyone agreed it was the best dining experience. Casual atmosphere with privacy at each table. very good price point as well. By Vegas standards that is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique MenuNancyMDined on 3/4/2014The choices are unique. There were four of us and we ordered four dishes plus rice. Each was unique and tasty. The highlight was the desserts. We ordered two to share and the combinations of sweet and tart were amazing. I would be tempted to go there after a show for dessert! The service was also excellent. Our waiter shared his thoughts on the desserts and boy was he ever right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab restaurant!KempyDined on 3/2/2014We usually go to the one in London so we were excited to see one in Vegas! We were not disappointed! Food as good as London! Great atmosphere (even though we ate early and it was not full) great service- if you have never eaten here please go!! The champagne and honey cod, salt and pepper squid and the soft shell crab are fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014Wonderful ambiance, stunning food, cracking club. Sizable bill but worth itSpecial Features:
- Hakasan Vegas has nothing on LondonLondonToVegasDined on 2/25/2014Me and my wife love the experience of a posh meal trying new foods and great service. Having been to Hakasan in London on many occasions and I like that place. So I was looking forward to the Vegas experience and I was let down. The sesame prawn toast was filled with a weird porridge taste and satay was covered in mango so was too sweet. The main courses were not great either and the whole experience felt rushed. My wife's plate was cleared before I had finished eating. The venue is amazing but lacked atmosphere. I would love to know why they had attendants waiting outside the toilets too. Almost waiting for you to finish. Overall I would suggest going to Red 8 in the Wynn for food and value.Special Features: