Chop House 88
901 21st St
Vero Beach, FL 32960Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chop House 88
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://chophouse88.com/
- Phone: 7722267870x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday -Wednesday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Chop House 88
Chophouse in every sense of the word. Great Steaks, Fine Wines, Best Service, in a romantic atmosphere, with true value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chop House 88 - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Chop House 88 reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (9)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- oustandingRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 8/3/2013family was happy with the filet, grouper, lamb and pork chop. dessert is not paricularly strong but service was spot on without being overbearing.only complaint was the 30 minute wait despite reservation but staff made up for it with their attentiveness. excellent vero beah open table option will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak in townsheeperDined on 7/31/2013if you are in Vero Beach and want a good steak...you are out of luck. But if you want a GREAT steak, then Chophouse 88 is the place for you. The friendly staff will make you feel welcome. The choice and prime steaks are awesome. The side dishes will quickly become favorites. Chophouse is a best bet for sure in Vero Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak House in Vero BeachFL32963Dined on 7/27/2013We loved the great Prime Filet Mignons! The service is friendly, knowledgable and attentive. The atmosphere is just what a steak house should be, dark and romantic.Special Features:
- Our food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2013Our food was outstanding and our waiter was very niceSpecial Features:
- A Real Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2013We were visiting family in Vero Beach and reserved a table for 8. One of our group uses a wheelchair and we were easily accommodated at a preset table with plenty of room for everyone. There were other diners in the room, but the noise level was very low and we were able to talk with each other comfortably. We had excellent filet mignon, prime rib and short ribs that cost less than a comparable restaurant. Overall, an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2013The food is always delicious. The steaks never disappoint. It will remain one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great steaksBardParkerDined on 7/5/2013Attentive service. Quality meat cuts. Large selection of Bourbons and other whiskeys. Good options for craft beers. Mediocre wine selection. Fresh ingredients for side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, service & atmosphere!floridasurferDined on 7/3/2013Can't go wrong here. Everything was incredible. A gem in Vero. We had group of 6 and were well taken care of by everyone in the restaurant. Thanks for a wonderful experience. We all agree that we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House 88 offers excellent,consOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/30/2013Chop House 88 offers excellent,consistently prepared food at very reasonable prices. The early bird and Sunday specials offer @ $24.99 value that can't be matched for taste,portion,and variety. The service is superb and the choices for quality Wines are numerous.Special Features:
- Always a treat.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2013This is our "special occasion" restaurant, and the food is always superb. The only thing of note was when it came to dessert I got peach cobbler. It was cold (almost frozen) and hard, I couldn't cut through the dough. Disappointing end to an otherwise lovely meal.Special Features:
- Pass guest of Mt's wonderfulChopDined on 6/15/2013Pass guest of Mt's wonderful experience again. Great food and service!!Special Features:
- The best steaks in IndianMDL1Dined on 6/10/2013The best steaks in Indian River County,Great Fish Dished too and most important Great drinks go there 3 or 4 times a monthSpecial Features:
- With our party of four allFancyFeasterDined on 6/9/2013With our party of four all enjoying the steaks, they were all cooked to specifications. The soups were enjoyed and the salads were fresh and yummy. Our wine was a perfect choice to accompany our meals. Dessert was a topper. We would recommend this eatery to many people and ask them to be patient as service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-the-top !dinerdelightDined on 6/8/2013We were delighted from the start...the door was opened for us and we were welcomed. Love the brick walls and lighting. The tables were well appointed. The wait staff were well-trained, able to answer questions and make suggestions. I walked around to see the entire restaurant...what a delightful surprise at every turn. I knew the food would be wonderful and every bit was fabulous ! Every detail was covered...bar glasses, water glasses, bread service, trio of garnishes for the baked potato, etc, etc !!! SUPERLATIVE FOOD/SERVICE/AMBIANCE !! Thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall everything was great.4591vartDined on 5/23/2013Overall everything was great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2013We tried their fixed price 25.00 Sunday dinner. My husband and I had the scallop dinners. For the first course I had the French onion soup and it was ok, not great ok. After a wait of 20 min or so we asked for some bread. It came and about 15 min. Later came the dinner. We each received a serving of 2 scallops with a spoon of sauce and about 2 tablespoons of Brussel sprouts . We just had to laugh. What a joke. The desert was large and very good. My husband had creame brûlée and I a raspberry cake . We had to ask for drinks several times as no one seemed to want to stop and ask if we needed anything. It took two hours to eat here and not because you were eating much. Raise the price if that's all you can serve for 25 bucks.Special Features:
- great foodslotdivaDined on 5/18/2013the food was excellent and the service was terrific definitely on our 'favorites' list will go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Night Outexoticflower42Dined on 5/12/2013Fabulous crab bisque. Fantastic steaks and great fish choices. Ambiance cozy....wine delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's Day MayhemexpatnyerDined on 5/12/2013Pro's: Gourmet texture/tastes, many unique flavors as a 4*+ dining experience should be; Button down 4* service(lighted menus!), fine ambiance; bargain value pre-fixe menu on Sunday. Fine desserts, exc decaf. Cons: Mother's day pass as they became overwhelmed with patrons BUT, the 'wild' salmon was a farmed cut(the unhealthier type), extra fatty and seared on top, sashimi inside-had to send the core back for more grilling. The Filet mignon(I think) was overcooked to the order. This was our 2nd time in and the 1st time was the best dining in Vero in 7 years. They get a pass for Mom's Day but NOT for the misrepresented salmon-that needed disclosing."oh, we're out of the wild salmon and now are serving farmed(Atlantic).'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my top 10OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Great for Mothers Day, wonderful ambiance, great and efficient service, very good prices, am planning to go again.Special Features:
- Mom's 84th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2013I planned a surprise birthday party for my Mom well in advance of the date. There were not enough wait staff for us, let alone the rest of the place which translated into very bad service. We were a party of 7 so it was totally manageable in my book. It took 20 minutes to get a glass of water after we sat down. We were brought a coupe of the wrong drinks on the first round. They ran out of the wine we wanted. They actually only had 1 bottle and then wanted to charge me the up price for a substitute. The food was good but for the price, I believe there are other options in the Vero area. We will definitely give them another chance when I am back in the are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The help tried to take yourDunkumDined on 4/28/2013The help tried to take your plate and drink before you were finished. The maidre'd should be less conspicuous. The leg of lamb was great. For the drink prices they should make the drink larger.
- Fabulous Dining Exceptional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Celebrating 17th anniversary with a wonderful dinner at the Chop House 88 in Ft Pierce. Service was wonderful and the food, out of this world. Great night. And don't get me started on the best Martini I have every had. Definitely recommend for any occasion or just to eat and relax.Special Features:
- I'd like to start this reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013I'd like to start this review by saying I was a fan of the Chop House in its former location. I even purchased a wine locker there as I entertain both personally and professionally. I stopped going before it closed as guests I was entertaining had a few poor experiences with the quality of the food. Keeping an open mind I dined there Saturday and was disappointed to see that there was a food quality issue. Salads were fine, Desserts were great but the Entree that they are know for (steak) was poor. They are proud of there steaks and charge accordingly but the Strip Steak and the Rib Eye that was ordered medium well came out very well with a burnt exterior with very little flavor. $165.00 with tip was steep for the quality received.
- Chop House 88 is a wonderfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2013Chop House 88 is a wonderfully new restaurant. We have recommended it to our friends. Other fine restaurants in Vero should take notice!Special Features:
- Highly recommend when in VeroWilburVIPDined on 4/21/2013Food was great. Service just as great. Wine list very nice, with ratings and none below 88, hence the 88 in the name. They offer a great deal on Sundays as well, with salad, entree, side and desert for a very reasonable price. This is a great choice if dining in Vero Beach. We will be back!Special Features:
- First time dining here andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2013First time dining here and was stunned at the quality of our meal...amazing! Salads were superb, fresh with house-made dressings, entrees (tuna and crab cakes) topped any big-city restaurant's, chocolate paradise is a must for dessert (share one!). Service was spot on from start to finish, gorgeous interior...one of the top meals in memory. Hands down my top pick...try it!Special Features:
- special goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013From our server, William, to the last bite of food - not just good, but special good.Special Features:
- The personal were very attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013The personal were very attentive. The prime steaks we had were cooked as ordered. The salads, bread and wine were very good. We will go back again.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. From theslotdivaDined on 4/15/2013Food was excellent. From the filet one of us had to the huge shrimp and great salmon. I had the scallops and they were the best ever. Most of our group had the crab bisque and they said they would be very happy with Just a bowl of that and a salad. They raved about it. We will definitely come back and soon! !Special Features:
- Best steak on the Treasure CoastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Quite simply, the best steak house I've ever visited. I haven't visited Bern's in Tampa, but I don't see how their food could possibly be better. Chophouse 88 is the reincarnation of MT's Chophouse... all the way down to the lighted menus and the wood-grilled steaks.Special Features:
- Good ambiance. Well preparedLinnVIPDined on 4/10/2013Good ambiance. Well prepared food. Over priced Prime meats. Confused service.
- great meal, very attentivefunnDined on 4/7/2013great meal, very attentive service crew; generally a nice night out!!Special Features:
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013It was a wonderful evening with my husband. The food was outstanding,the service is a bit over the top for the restaurant with the captain/maitre'd scenario ....Would have liked just a regular server and maybe a runner for the food. Love the cool lighted menus! Adds to conversation for sure...The steaks were wonderful, the sides and dessert just as good and we can't wait to go back and sample other selections! If there was anything negative it would be the pour on the wine, it could be better. Seems a bit short. Martinis are large however and tasty! On a 1-10 I give it an 8.5Special Features:
- Great comeback.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013It was fun to be at Chop House again. Although the location was different, somehow they successfully kept the former ambiance. The food was excellent starting from the very, very sour dough bread piping freshly hot from their oven (beats San Francisco sour dough) their signature Baby Blue Salad along with their exclusive creamy house dressing was something to be savored. The prime rib was incomparable with the mouthwatering four cheese scalloped potatoes. It was topped off with a chocolate moose fashioned into a rich dark chocolate Easter Egg. I thought it was pretty good and well worth the price at $24.99 for the five course meal. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013This was our first time at the Chophouse 88. My husband and I loved the atmosphere and the service. My husband had the filet with the scalloped potatoes. His food was beautifully prepared and served hot. I had the prime rib and mashed potatoes. My prime rib was excellent but my mashed potatoes were mildly warm. They still had a good flavor, though. We were going to try the bread pudding for dessert but they were out of it, so we tried the chocolate paradise!!!! Excellent!!!! We will dine here again and we will definitely recommend it to our friends.
- The Sunday special is an outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/31/2013The Sunday special is an outstanding value. The quality of the food and service far exceed the price.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Our dining experience was excellent with one exception. $3.25 for a cup of coffee was outrageous. We could go to Starbucks for less.Special Features:
- Off to a good start at Chophouse **OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Had been a few times to the old Chophouse, and the results there were hot and cold. Some times great, sometimes awful. This Easter dinner was excellent, great service, excellent food. A great value. Martini's were big and cold - wine was wonderful. Will have to see them do this "twice in a row" to be fully convinced - however they are off to a good start.Special Features:
- Loved the ambience. Our captain,berna1radicalDined on 3/31/2013Loved the ambience. Our captain, Will, was outstanding, friendly and courteous.Special Features: