China Grill - New York
60 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $50 and over
China Grill - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/restaurants-and-bars/china-grill-ny
- Phone: 2123337788x1
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45pm - 4:30pm Saturday 12:00pm-5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm-10:00pm Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian, International
- Executive Chef: Vidal Hernanadez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: 42" Plasma Screens at both bars
- Special Events: On-site Sales & Events manager, Elizabeth Katusa at 212 554 6507 or email@example.com
- Cross Street: 53rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenue
- Public Transit: E or V Train to 53rd Street& 5th Avenue B,E,D Trains to 7th Avenue N,R Train to 55th Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Now offering parking validation for discounted parking from 5pm-midnight at 1330 6th Ave—entrance located on 53rd directly across from China Grill.
A word from China Grill - New York
China Grill provides a globe-spanning culinary adventure in a spectacular setting. While Asian flavors and techniques are an influence, the menu is labeled as “world cuisine” with virtually every dish being prepared on either grills or in woks using ingredients gathered from pantries around the globe. Portions are generous, dramatically presented, and meant to be shared family style. Spectacular architectural settings, including an exhibition kitchen in the center of the restaurant are also part of the China Grill magic, creating a place to see and be seen.Continued
To check out what’s happening at your favorite hotspots, visit http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/restaurants-and-bars/china-grill-ny
To check out what’s happening at your favorite hotspots, visit http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/restaurants-and-bars/china-grill-ny
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
China Grill - New York - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
China Grill - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (95)fit for foodies (92)special occasion (72)great for lunch (67)hot spot (43)great for outdoor dining (41)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (35)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (20)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (9)scenic view (6)Show More
- Always reliableGeeHonCassasgirlDined on 7/21/2014I've been to China Grill numerous times as it is right down the block from where I work and it never disappoints. The portions are perfect and the food is always great.Special Features:
- not worth itfood4thoughtDined on 7/18/2014I was very unimpressed with my experience at China Grill. While the service was very good and staff very friendly, the food was very mediocre and not worth the high prices.
- Oldie, but goodieMPW1208Dined on 7/13/2014China Grill is a great staple and always a nice to have go-to for dinner. The food is still really good and the service is always very good. Are there newer, more exciting places to try? Absolutely! But it's always a nice, easy option for dinner and it never disappoints!
- Excelent experiencePRGuysDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I had a marvelous time in the restaurant. Food,wine, service, and the place itself were outstanding. Next time in NY we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!iheartdiningDined on 7/10/2014The food was great and our waiter was so knowledgeable of the menu and made wonderful recommendations. The crispy pork belly over watermelon was superb! The sliced sirloin with roasted potatoes was also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/7/2014I forgot what a beautiful place this is. Stunning architecture. Good food too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ChadDined on 6/29/2014Chicken Salad is sooooo good. The calamari salad is sooooo good. The deep fried spinach is soooo good. The Lobster pancakes are delicious... Make sure you save room for dessert - The Wall and The Banana's in a Box!Special Features:
- Dragon BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014This was my first experience for brunch! It was absolutely fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestTJchefDined on 6/28/2014Its been about 3 years since I have been to New York. Everyone wanted to recommend somplace to me. I remembered China Grill and as always it lived up to my expetations. Excellent Food, Excellent Service a true experience of perfection.Special Features:
- FantasticTexasGalDined on 6/26/2014This was our third trip to New York and the China Grill will forever be a must stop. The service, food, and experience is outstanding. We tried everything from Martinis to desert and nothing disappointed. We recommend the lobster pancakes and drunken chicken. Divine! Don't forget the Great Wall for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1883 reviews are from the China Grill - New York reviews archive.
- great restaurantdeedee123VIPDined on 6/23/2014China Grill was fantastic. Both the food and the service were wonderful.....a great experience.Special Features:
- Lots of flavors in a loud settingDiner1936VIPDined on 6/22/2014The food was fine. Good presentation but a very loud restaurant which made it difficult to visit with friends. Not a bad experience but I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Great FlavorsCuisineloverDined on 6/21/2014If you want to taste a bunch of new flavors in Asian cuisine, i highly recomend this restaurant. It is great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MireyaDined on 6/21/2014It's become a tradition for me to go to the China Grill on my last night in NY.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceAgravine22Dined on 6/18/2014We had a wonderful experience! The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Our waiter did an amazing job and was so friendly- even directing us to local places we wanted to visit.Special Features:
- Has come downhill since last yearMetrodiner22Dined on 6/17/2014Are here this week after not being there for a year. After waiting too long to place our order service ended up being excellent. What was really disappointing was the good. The calamari salad appetizer had an odd taste to it, as did the grilled shrimp. Worse yet nothing was served hot. Best case food items were served warm. The place wasn't busy at all as this was an early dinner before a Broadway show. Dessert seemed to have been prepared in a factory far away. Overall the meal reminded me of eating at a large chain like Houlihans. Nothing was terrible but certainly not worth the money spent.Special Features:
- What heppened to China Grill?TheSmartTravelerVIPDined on 6/16/2014This was a bizarre night at China Grill. We made a reservation through Open Table and upon check in, we found out that our only option was sitting outside (sidewalk seating) or at the bar. What is the point on accepting reservations if you can't have a decent table? We sat by the bar, and were left there unattended for the rest of the night. The hostess took our order, after we complained, another guy asked what we wanted to drink and he had no idea what an Arnold Palmer was. The food was decent but the service was a joke for a restaurant that used to be a hot spot and now works more like a low end fast food joint. Never going back!
- AnneVIPDined on 6/11/2014Food was delicious, BUT the portions were small and very pricey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for business lunchPrintfansVIPDined on 6/11/2014It's a shame that it is impossible to dine at this beautiful restaurant because you literally cannot have a conversation. I was exhausted after having to scream across the table to my guests because of the noise level. Put some acoustics in, please
- Wonderful happy hourparticularDinerLBVIPDined on 6/10/2014You can eat at the bar from the main menu or a $7 small bites menu. We tried both. Calamari and lobster dumplings were great. Miso cod for entree was super. Great staff friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise levelfoodieVIPDined on 6/9/2014acoustics were not good - too much surrounding noise and that does not mean energetic on the rating scale but that is the only choice that means loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousVIPDined on 6/4/2014Beautiful, handsome, stylish, and comfortable atmosphere inside or out. Recommend: Caesar salad, Grilled garlic shrimp. Service was excellent. Bento box which is served at the bar looked like a great quick lunchtime option. Special thanks to the hostess who made every effort to welcome me and my guest.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a top spotraquelleVIPDined on 6/1/2014I've been eating at China Grill for 15 years. Consistently terrific food - the lamb riblets are the best in NYC, and the spicy dumplings are perfect! When the weather is good, the outside tables are delightful.Special Features:
- Fantastic birthday dinnerJenibleeDined on 5/30/2014We visited China Grill (& New York) for my birthday - it had been a few years since we ate there. Food was absolutely fantastic - lobster pancakes to die for, and beautiful shrimp with fettuccine!! Service was super at the start - with Tom Dolan, a true professional - but it was a bit patchy after he finished his shift! Great ambience at the front of the restaurant while we were placed at a very quiet spot at the back (is this normal treatment for non locals?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- China Grill AmazingTorontonianDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I had an amazing dining experience at the China Grill in New York. We had a fabulous table, perfect service, enjoyed the tasting menu and people watched! The tasting menu portions were very generous and were a good variety of flavours and China Grill favourites. Thanks China Grill, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, unique choices!CusefanDined on 5/24/2014Good service on top of food. Had plenty of time pre-theater. Steak and tuna were excellent. Would go back. Recommend.Special Features:
- Recent guest, before Broadway show.AlexDined on 5/24/2014Menu is misleading, they do not have items they specified on the menu. The cheapest wine is starting from $50 price tag, but do not expect they are better wine cost $9.99. Do not go there unless do not have any other place to go.
- Hidden gem in midtownGreatEggspectationsDined on 5/18/2014We stopped for Sunday brunch before a matinee. Scrambled eggs with lobster were delicious. Great service, nice atmosphere. Very convenient to the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a groupLiz084Dined on 5/17/2014I have been to China Grill several times. Their calamari salad keeps me coming back. Great service, accommodating, friendly. Order a bunch of plates and share with friends/family.Special Features:
- Outstanding late lunchTomMDined on 5/14/2014The accolades for this restaurant are not hype. Innovative menu that includes things like Duck two ways and a special of tenderloin and pad thai. Excellently prepared and presented food. Our waiter was helpful without being intrusive. Great Experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, so-so waitressJust2posh9Dined on 5/13/2014It may have just been the luck of the draw (not in our favor) the last time we dined here. The waitress was not attentive at all, we actually had to have bus person find her because she left us hanging for so long. As always though the food was excellent, very flavorful. The drinks were alsoto die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayZgaoDined on 5/11/2014We went for my fiancé's birthday because it was where I asked her to be my girlfriend. It was a pleasant surprise and brings back fond memories. The food, derive, and vibe was great as always. I don't really see it that great for kids or old folks though; it's dark, chic, and loud, more for people in their 20s or 30s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2014It was Mother's Day and we wanted to go to an "UP" restaurant. We were not disappointed. When we are in the neighborhood again we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- audreyaudreyDined on 5/7/2014the lobster mashed potato. crab cakes were both delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014a lot worse then what it was in the 80s. will never come back.Special Features:
- So accommodating and kid friendly!!ExclusivityVIPDined on 5/1/2014I love this place. We came here for a late lunch. They were so accommodating and when they saw that we had brought our three month old child with us, they sat us by the window up front and at a table meant for 6 guests so we had more space! I was able to breastfeed and change a dirty diaper during the meal. Even more convenient is the parking garage across the street so you can leave the stroller in the car. Food was the same as always but the calamari salad has gotten a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sharing experienceDinerDined on 4/29/2014This restaurant is a nice find in midtown Manhattan. The food is fresh, well prepared and not your typical fare. The portions are small so for a group of 4 or more you will need at least 6 dishes. The restaurant also subsidizes half of the parking if you use the garage directly across the street. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findGenie86Dined on 4/28/2014We went to China Grill as a group of 8 and had the tasting menu which I would really recommend. Service was great and the food was delicious. Large portions so you will not leave hungry. Another great thing was that drinks such as wine, prosecco and a number of beers and cocktails were only $7 all night at the bar. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Wonderful findRachieCDined on 4/26/2014Such a wonderful dining experience, the taster menu & wine pairing is a must!Special Features:
- Great appetizerstunkiemoDined on 4/26/2014Went to China Grill for a special occasion and loved the appetizers. Would go back for appetizers alone. And if you want to be wowed by dessert, try the great wall dessert, enough for 4-6 people.Special Features: