LARK on the Park
2015 Woodall Rodgers
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
LARK on the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkonthepark.com/
- Phone: 2148555275
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: 11:00AM-Midnight (Kitchen closes 10PM)
Fri-Sat: 11:00AM-1:00AM (Kitchen closes 11PM)
Sun: 10:00AM-10:00PM (Kitchen closes 10PM)
Lunch is served Mon-Sat from 11am-3pm.
Dinner is served daily at 5:00pm
Brunch is offered on Saturday at Sundays until 3:00.
Between 3:30-5:00 every day, we offer an Afternoon Menu.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Kelley & Melody Bishop
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from LARK on the Park
LARK on the park is a new, contemporary urban restaurant facing Klyde Warren Park on the edge of downtown Dallas. LARK introduces two new exciting chefs and fresh new plates of deliciousness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
LARK on the Park - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
LARK on the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (173)special occasion (108)great for lunch (107)scenic view (106)hot spot (101)neighborhood gem (81)great for brunch (81)great for outdoor dining (74)good for groups (60)vibrant bar scene (59)romantic (47)notable wine list (45)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Great place to celebrate ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2013Great place to celebrate our anniversary -- amazing food, attentive service and wonderful atmosphere. A bit noisy, but not really a huge problem. Love trying new places and this definitely fit the bill for what we wanted for our special celebration. Will be back again!Special Features:
- The food is fantastic. MyWineGuyTomDined on 4/12/2013The food is fantastic. My dinner companion was very happy. The only thing that was a drop was when they asked for blue cheese stuffed olives in their martini, the waiter said they could do it, then didn't. In all fairness, within 2 minutes of the oversight being brought to someone's atention, the blue cheese stuffed olives arrived. They have great beer selection, great drinks, wonderful chalk art drawings, the menu is loaded with AMAZING dishes. I would eat there once a week if I lived in Dallas.Special Features:
- Good lunch spot overlookingreaganpDined on 4/12/2013Good lunch spot overlooking Klyde Warren Park. Shrimp glass noodle salad was fresh, but underwhelming in overall flavor. Other specialty salads and sandwiches were good and fresh, including those with the pulled chicken. Service is abysmal with long wait times for food and spacing between courses. Location and ambience is fantastic. Corrected timing and service issues will imporve the experience.Special Features:
- I love the location and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2013I love the location and the food was good. I took a customer there for lunch and she was impressed.Special Features:
- Everything from the signatureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013Everything from the signature cocktails to the attentive service makes this a great place for either a business lunch or an overdue meeting with an old friend. The "Queso Fondido" to share, followed by the Smoked Salmon Salad and the amazing Lamb Burger definitely delivered. The menu is very diverse and offers fresh and interesting selections for everyone. The Dark Chocolate Pot de Crème with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar doughnut holes was the perfect ending to an outstanding afternoon.Special Features:
- Food and service were just0825691VIPDined on 4/6/2013Food and service were just great. The wine list is pricey. The beer list is extensive.
- A nice addition to the uptown/downtTedBVIPDined on 4/6/2013A nice addition to the uptown/downtown scene. Walls of windows allow you to look directly at the Klyde Warren deck park, so the views are nice. Shrimp and citrus fruit salad is really excellent. All the dishes were good and reasonably sized. Pre-dining cocktail hour didn't leave room for desserts though there are some I would like to try. I would recommend reservations if dining at peak hours.Special Features:
- Cool outdoor ambiance, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/6/2013I did not love the menu. I wish there were other appetizers that were not so ham, smoked meat or curry oriented. Like more healthy appetizer choice or two would have been nice. Scallops were best entre. Ribeye had good flavor but was sort of tough. I really wanted to like this place because of the location. We sat outside which was great. However, the service was terrible. The waiter was not a happy fellow. Zero personality. Got our drink orders wrong. And, those that had steak, all had them cooked to the wrong temperature. Manager, very nicely apologized and comped us desert. Unfortunately, the deserts were not great either. 30 minutes after coffee and desert, the waiter had not come to see if we were ready for a check or refill...Special Features:
- Incorporate more casual foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Incorporate more casual food items on dinner menu and at least one chicken dish. I could not find anything on the menu that I liked. Very slow service. We came in for dinner but ended up just having one drink. There were many wait people standing around yet it took a while to get our drink and quite a long time to pay our bill. I was very disappointed in the food selection and the service.Special Features:
- Went there on a recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Went there on a recommendation of a great new place Complimentary valet made parking across from Klein warren park a real plus We started with mimosas and followed with anamazingsalad and lamb burger yes lamb Fries were simple but tasty No room for dessert. They did haves very impressive bar and ale selectionSpecial Features:
- Loved the scene, very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Loved the scene, very busy but did not feel overcrowded. Great wine, great atmosphere, cleaned our plates and couldn't wait for dessert. I will definitely be going back!!Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere werehypemndVIPDined on 4/5/2013The food and atmosphere were fantastic, but the service suffered. It took 20 minutes for our waitress to come by the table, another 10 minutes before we got our first drink order, and an hour before our entrees arrived. I hope they get it all fixed.Special Features:
- Lark is a True GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Wonderful food, great ambience. The food is inventive and fun, with an excellent flavor profile.Special Features:
- Great Location for Dinner beforedinnerisfunVIPDined on 4/4/2013It is a great location for pre-arts district events. We had dinner at six before a 7:30pm curtain at the Wyly Theater.
- Too bad the view of the ParkPatrickDined on 4/4/2013Too bad the view of the Park is a construction zone complete with Porta Potties.Special Features:
- Food was uninspired ... MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/3/2013Food was uninspired ... Menu was interesting, but unfortunately the food didn't live up to its promise. The curry pillows were too breast with not enough flavor, the cauliflower soup needed depth and the duck's seasoning blended in too much with the other foods that accompanied it.
- In a few words....simply fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013In a few words....simply fantastic and perfect. All the way around. Highly recommend and will be back very soon!!!!Special Features:
- Fires on all cylindersAbsoluteRavingFanDined on 4/2/2013Fires on all cylinders. Thai pork wonderful, duck is perfect. Let the bartenders create their spin on your favorite cocktail. Antipasto plate is excellent with best grilled bread, buratta, olives, artichoke, prosciutto .Special Features:
- Appetizers, drinks and serviceNns05VIPDined on 4/2/2013Appetizers, drinks and service were amazing. Entrees were good but were not up to the same standards.
- Burger next time?!Arealgem24kVIPDined on 4/2/2013Just open three weeks and only one week for lunch - great job! Lunch menu was lovely and delicious. Seems a bit pricey for the size of the entrees - the striped bass and the chicken breast - both dishes were creative, delicious and LIGHT. I ordered the avocado and beet salad after I finished my entree because I was still hungry....hmmmm. The french press coffee was a nice dessert. Looking forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Flint was great. He madeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013Flint was great. He made us feel very welcomed and special. Food was fantastic, desserts to die for! Music was a bit loud, especially during lunch, but that's the only nitpicky thing I can find. YummySpecial Features:
- Enjoyed lunch on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Six of us went for Lunch on Easter and sat on the patio. The drinks were fantastic and the service was very good. Since we had a late lunch, I can't comment too much on the scene, but the overall ambiance and decor was terrific. I could imagine this as a great place for after work cocktails or a weekend lunch/dinner while visiting the museums and performance venues in the area.
- disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/30/2013the cauliflower soup was tasteless - we sent it back, as did other diners we encountered. a. couple friends got the coque au vin and were very disappointed. my husband had the steak frites and the fries were limp. I had the shrimp citrus arugula salad which was delightful. unfortunately, I was the only one who enjoyed my meal out of our party of five. not much view of the park since its across from active building site. there are a few good cocktails on the menu. service was pleasant and overall the restaurant has a very nice vibe. if the menu were better executed, could be a favorite spot since the parking is such a breeze.
- Absolutely awesome! KnockedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2013Absolutely awesome! Knocked it right out of the Park and them some.Special Features:
- Move over food trucks!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2013Great salads, sandwiches and burgers at lunch. Stylish setting with unique chalk murals that change every three months. Eager to try it for dinner. Lark will find plenty of customers wary of the long lines at the food trucks at lunch.Special Features:
- Nice to eat near the park,WendyDined on 3/28/2013Nice to eat near the park, although there was construction at the time. Food was good, although I thought it would be a little different for the price point. Easy experience. Great place to relax and meet a friend. Impressive beer list for the type of place it is.Special Features:
- I had a great time. BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/27/2013I had a great time. Beautiful and unique art. amazing bar with amazing bar tenders and cocktails. I love this place for ever.Special Features:
- The ability to see downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013The ability to see downtown and the new deck park from your table is an amazing experience. The ambience and food were amazing!Special Features:
- We loved our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/22/2013We loved our first experience at LARK on the Park! The food and service were wonderful. The ambiance is very trendy and modern with local artist's chalkboard drawings filling the walls. This is a great addition next to Klyde Warren Park, and it also has a great view of downtown. We will absolutely be back!Special Features:
- Only open a week but I wasDallasPaulVIPDined on 3/19/2013Only open a week but I was impressed. When the park is finished and the restaurant no longer overlooks a construction site, this will be awesome.Special Features:
- Too Loud !!! Cant hear yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Too Loud !!! Cant hear yourself think because no echo absorbtion materials. Cool restaurants do tend to be loud, but something is amiss at LARK.Special Features:
- Expensive wine list for aBettiVIPDined on 3/16/2013Expensive wine list for a bistro. This was not a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurant. ThefoodieVIPDined on 3/16/2013Loved this restaurant. The food is great with many healthy options which is refreshing!!! They have a fabulous, interesting beer selection which my husband loved. It's also a very pretty restaurant. We'll be regulars.Special Features:
- Kudos to Chefs Dennis KelleyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Kudos to Chefs Dennis Kelley and Melody Bishop! From the warm welcome to the attentive and comfortable service provided by Lesley, our experience at the Lark was fantastic. The Curry Puffs were a simple and savory start with the "Gin Bright" and "Horned Lark" handcrafted cocktails. Both the escarole, pears, walnuts, and St. Agur as well as the shrimp and arugula with avocado and citrus were light, fresh and wonderful. The Smoked Duck with quinoa and the Wild Mushroom Pappardelle were outstanding combined with confident wine pairing recommendations from our server. The Toffee Pudding was the perfect ending to a great meal. Will return and definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great addition to the area.GourmetGourmandVIPDined on 3/16/2013Great addition to the area. The coq au vin was a hit, the Thai pork a slight miss (pork belly not rendered enough for my taste, but otherwise very tasty). Good wine and a very extensive beer menu. We'll be back.Special Features:
- As residents of Uptown we'relunchbunchVIPDined on 3/16/2013As residents of Uptown we're spoiled by the availablility of fine dining. "Lark in the Park" vaulted to the top of our list--what a splendid addition to the area! (And very much worth the trip for those not in proximity.) Innovative, scrumptious, nicely-portioned dishes from beginning to end. Excellent, knowledgeable, and engaging wait staff. A unique environment which perfectly compliments the area, particularly the Klyde Warren Park. Don't wait--treat yourself to Uptown's newest and finest restaurant choice in years--and that's no ma-lark-y!Special Features:
- Very pleasant for a restaurantDickVIPDined on 3/14/2013Very pleasant for a restaurant that is new and working out the kinksSpecial Features:
- 4 top tables with 2 seatedsharonVIPDined on 3/14/20134 top tables with 2 seated on each side should be turned 90 degrees so everyone at the table could view the park and the art. Salad with bleu cheese & roasted asparagus tart made excellent starters. Coq a Vin with gnocci was good cool weather dish. Fish was light and nicely cooked with good carrot accompaniment. Just open a few days so honing their menu, but it is a wonderful addition to our neighborhood that we will visit often.Special Features:
- Very eclectic menu, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2013Very eclectic menu, which is mirrored in the decor. Great, and unexpected, flavor combinations. Fantastic selection of craft beers on tap.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/11/2013Wonderful meal. Great service. Great drinks and food. Couldn't have had a better experience. Looking forward to coming here often!Special Features: