123 Pottstown Pike
Chester Springs, PA 19425Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eagletavern.com/
- Phone: 6104585331x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Daily from 11:00 to 4:00
Dinner Served Monday- Thursday & Sunday 4:00-10:00
Dinner Friday & Saturday 4:00 to 11:00
Pub Menu Served until 12:00 am on Weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are no room fees for the use of our private dining or meeting rooms. Price is based from our private menu. Accommodate your guests with open bar or cash bar, located in our private dining room. Whether you're planning a Special Birthday, Bridal Luncheon, Wedding Reception or Rehearsal Dinner, let us make your special day a memorable occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Eagle Tavern 610-458-5331x
- Entertainment: Friday Night Featured Singer, Saturday night live Jazz from 6:30 to 10:00 pm
- Special Events: Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers, Birthday Parties, Business Meetings, Holiday Parties, Funeral Gatherings
A word from Eagle Tavern
At the Eagle Tavern, we our committed to creating a menu that will delight the taste of our guests. Having a real passion for creating dishes with fresh ingredients, our guests will experience our passion for great food at affordable prices. You can enjoy modern day cuisine in a Historical Chester County restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Eagle Tavern - Best Restaurants in Chester Springs ›
Eagle Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (24)special occasion (24)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (15)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (13)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (6)romantic (5)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Birthday Luncheon for TwodonphylDined on 2/10/2014I was taken to the Eagle Tavern for my birthday Monday, Feb. 10. The service was impeccable. The fried oysters (often hard to find West of Phila.) were succulent- breaded and fried just right, and served hot. It was my first time at Eagle, and my wife's second. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Back again...OutAndAboutVIPDined on 1/26/2014Food was well prepared, the service was great, and the atmosphere was warm and comfortable. Great place for a nice out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our fourth time hereChrisDined on 1/26/2014This was our fourth time here and it is still wonderful. The staff is pleasant and management keeps an eye to make sure you are being taken care of.Special Features:
- ReliableShellyDined on 1/25/2014My husband & I go to Eagle for dinner every other weekend, because the service & food are always reliably good. Our only knock would be the menu. It's pretty solid, but basic. And, we would like to see the bar menu expanded upon to include classics like boneless wings, potato skins, and sandwiches like a classic reuben or patty melt, etc. Sometimes, we just feel like having those kinds of app's and such on Sat nite.Special Features:
- DisappointedAnneDined on 1/17/2014My husband and I ate at the bar about a year ago and it was wonderful! We reccommend this for a group outing of 8, 6 of us had never been here. We were really disappointed. The server was just ok...delivered food and said "here" and handed it to a guest to pass to another guest. When we asked her about a few dishes, she said "I don't eat that, so I don't know". And she forgot drinks on a couple of rounds. The seafood pasta that I had was not good at all. The sauce was too thin and had no flavor. It's a shame, because we loved it the first time, but will not be back.
- Enjoyable, a restaurant youhungrybearDined on 12/26/2013Enjoyable, a restaurant you will visit several time a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ancient & LocalScubasanDined on 12/23/2013The Eagle Tavern is right around the corner from me, yet I haven't eaten there in about 25 years. It's changed a bit since then, lighter decor, a more open feel, but the menu felt very similar. At a Christmas lunch, we didn't really test the menu. Everyone ordered salads. The cheese steak eggrolls were sufficiently sinful. My blackened filet tip salad was excellent. Tender, nicely blackened and a great, dark balsamic vinaigrette dressing. The cannoli was excellent, although not filled into the middle. Taking it down a few notches was the bread. Eagle Tavern is owned by a Pizza & Hoagie joint down the road, and they actually used hoagie rolls for their bread. Wrong. Service was excellent and full of banter, which I liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eagle Taverniluvtoeat2Dined on 12/21/2013It's been a long time since we've been to the Eagle Tavern, but we had a gift card. I was very impressed by the quick service. Everyone enjoyed the food they ordered. I will be sure not to wait so long to return for a good meal out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sunday LunchHandymanDined on 12/15/2013I thought I would try the Eagle Tavern for a laid back lunch with a friend. My friend had salmon which she thought was excellent. I had a 7oz steak with fries, which was one of the daily specials. As you may know, a "special" can sometimes be a gamble because it is often something the restaurant wants to use up. That may have been the case here. The steak I received was not a quality cut and had a lot of fat around the edges. I'm not much for fatty meat, so I ended up cutting a lot of it off. A 7 oz steak ended up yielding 4 oz of meat. In conclusion, I will try the restaurant again, but will probably visit for dinner next time. I'll also think twice before ordering a "special", and stick to what's on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frist time dining at EagleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/9/2013Frist time dining at Eagle Traven for dinner. Had a group of 7. Service was great, food was excellent.Special Features:
- Still A Great PlaceJohninSCDined on 11/30/2013We had not dined at Eagle Tavern since we moved from the area in 1999. We were visiting in the area and had dinner there. T;he building had been updated and rearranged somewhat which we liked. The food was just as good as we remembered and the service was superb! Highly recommend this place to anyone who appreciates good food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelllentluv2dine918Dined on 11/16/2013Great place for a great meal. The snapper soup is to die for, The seafood is really fresh, the bread is delicious, the drinks pretty strong and the wait staff is tremendous. Outside of the bus boy commenting that I ate my whole dessert (I was still hungry!) the meal was tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy birthday20thannivDined on 11/16/2013Second time we have been here since they reopened under new management. We were happy the first time and even happier the second. We went there for a birthday dinner and liked the fact that there is a good variety of choices allowing everyone to find something they liked. It is a convenient location and will probably be back again. When the waitress found out it was my father's birthday she did his desert special with happy birthday and a candle, it was very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for friends lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2013Our "Lunch Bunch" group meets each month at a different restaurant. We were anxious to try the new Eagle Tavern. The service was very slow but we were not in a hurry. The food was amazing and worth the wait. I understand from others that their wait was also long. I am hoping that the owner is able to correct this problem because this restaurant has lots of potential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary OutingBertDined on 10/20/201335 years ago, I came to the Eagle Tavern with a newly formed Volleyball team. We played earlier that day in a competition just down the road. One of the women on the team had just joined us for that competition. I was VERY impressed so when we stopped by the Eagle Tavern after the games I made sure to stand and invite her to sit beside me. She has been beside me ever since. It was our 34th Anniversary. We celebrated with family and it was a wonderful experience. The food, the atmosphere and the service were all we could hope for. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done!OutAndAboutVIPDined on 10/1/2013Back for another visit, and they didn't disappoint. Our meals were very well prepared, and the service was fast a friendly. Many thanks!Special Features:
- Great luch spot. We haServiceADBeckDined on 9/30/2013Great luch spot. We haService was excellent. I made a mistake on my order and they corrected it at no charge.Special Features:
- Good Food but..HappyTravelsVIPDined on 9/15/2013Food was good but prices high for some dishes. Not much ambiance .... I do give credit for the food being well prepared and the staff friendly . But, I felt like I could have been in a diner... There was no ambiance ,
- Visit was very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2013It was a pleasant dining experience. Prime rib was delicious. Waitstaff was pleasant but not pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seared salmonjoyg50Dined on 8/20/2013Food was all perfectly prepared, salmon & vegetables with warm bread. A fine lunch which turned into dinner for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Listen to the diner's request!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2013The food was fine, except for the vegetable. This might sound like a trivial item, but I specifically asked that my green vegetable be cooked "well", for medical reasons. When the food came out, the vegetable was cooked the same as the others at the table - underdone to the point of no flavor, and coarse in texture. The cook evidently thought it wasn't important enough to spend a little bit more effort on it. Neither of us who had the snap peas ate them, so it's just wasting food. This is not the first time that this has happened to us at Eagle Tavern. We thought the first time was an oversight, but twice?
- Wonderful food with outstandingTim70Dined on 8/15/2013Wonderful food with outstanding service. Will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement LuncheonGeorgeDined on 8/6/2013My wife and I are old friends of the Eagle Tavern experience and chose to meet here to celebrate the retirement of a friend at the restaurant. Everyone raved in glowing terms about the food, the service and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eagle TavernRichFDined on 7/26/2013Food was very good and the service was excellent. The calamari appetizer was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2013Great service. Our waitress was competent and thoughtful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My filet was a bit over cookedChrisDined on 6/29/2013My filet was a bit over cooked but overall the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- The Eagle Tavern is revitalized!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2013Not the same Eagle Tavern! New ownership, new decor (contemporary now), and new food. Was very surprised. Haven't been there in a decade, but decided to try it out again. Long gone is the dark colonial tavern style, instead clean, contemporary lines and muted tones. It was still light out and it was so nice and bright. Appetizers were different than your standards, and all delicious! An entree is available for everyone and everything was cooked to perfection. The staff was almost too helpful, checking in often to make sure we were satisfied with everything. Will definitely revisit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCooler05Dined on 6/15/2013Food was excellent but a problem with communication between waitress and kitchen delayed our food delivery. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never been before and expectedrichTDined on 6/2/2013Never been before and expected a run down old tavern. Was a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Great experience with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2013Had Sunday lunch with friends. Nice atmosphere, attentive wait staff, and delicious food. Prices were reasonable. Had the salmon burger and the others had variety of hamburgers with special toppings. Everyone remarked their burgers were so tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatmgr1Dined on 6/1/2013revisited after many years. interior is now bright and cheerful and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great snapper soupDennisRVIPDined on 5/24/2013We've lived near here for 20 years and rarely went in, but that will change. Nice interior and good food at reasonable prices. Lacking wine list but some great small plate and entrees that you'll enjoy. But get the snapper soup, it's outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our recent visit!OutAndAboutVIPDined on 5/12/2013Visited on a busy Mothers Day. All of our meals were well prepared, and the service was terrific. Casual atmosphere. Appreciated the owner stopping by to check on things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for all occasionsHurricaneDined on 5/12/2013The Eagle Tavern is top notch and with the new owners in place, it will only continue to get better each day. There is something at the tavern for everyone. If your looking for lunch, brunch, dinner, or a late night snack, this should be at the top of your list and is a must visit for everyone. It is also very child friendly and the staff is very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers' Day Brunch was a BUSTChesterSpringsMomVIPDined on 5/12/20131. The hostess started to take us up the 14-step, very narrow staircase to the second level. Ok, I thought, this will be like a cozier, more private brunch spread. No, we were expected to go up & down the stairs to get our food. 2. The staircase is only able to handle one-way traffic. Many times you would have to wait at the top or bottom for other guests to pass. 3. The dish station is at the bottom of the staircase going into the bar area where the buffet was set up. Another traffic jam as people are trying to get plates. 4. Our waitress forgot my drink. Duh, I'm the only MOM at the table. My husband had to flag down another waitress to get it. 5. Our table was a square four, with a round duce stuck on the end. Yuck.Special Features:
- One of Chester County's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2013The food is excellent, the service outstanding. The new management has made this restuarant one of Chester County's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2013Food was very good and the service was quick and attentive. Our only complaint was that the table was too small for 4 people. The tables in the middle of the restaurant are much to small. Knees were bumping and table too small for our plates.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unruly kids at neighboring tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013The people sitting across from us had two little girls with them maybe 2 yo. and 4yo. These kids made tons of noise while both their parents and grandparents sat and said nothing to them while they wandered the aisles between the tables, ran, danced, and made of general nuisance of themselves. They got in the way of the wait staff repeatedly and nobody said a word. At one point, they were both away from the table while 'the adults' talked and looked at their cell phones. And this was @ 8:30 on a Sat. night! This was not new experience for us. Unfortunately, it'll make us think twice about going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013We went here to celebrate my daughter's first communion. Everyone in our group loved their food and the staff was very friendly! Overall, a great place and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseMikeSrVIPDined on 5/3/2013The Eagle Tavern has a fresh look in the dining area and the presentation of the food was wonderful. The taste of the food was excellent. The only issue i had was the temperature of the steak, I ordered it medium rare and it can out medium. Normally I would send it back but the flavor more than over cam the temperature issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.