Blue Fig Cafe
200 Young Ave
Moorestown, NJ 08057Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Fig Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluefigcafe.net/
- Phone: 8566385186
- Hours of Operation:
11:00am to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Sam Jadalla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: See our online catering Menu at our website www.bluefigcafe.net
- Entertainment: Plays Authentic Lebanese Music
A word from Blue Fig Cafe
Blue Fig Cafe is a healthy Mediterranean Cuisine restaurant that offers a verity of authentic food from the eastern region of the Mediterranean Sea (Greece, Turkey, Lebanon and Egypt) Our founder Sam Jaddalla has been developing and refining sophisticated tastes for our menu that are unique. This achieved by serving only the freshest and highest quality ingredients in an elegant and relaxing environment in the heart of Moorestown Business District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Blue Fig Cafe - Best Restaurants in Moorestown ›
Blue Fig Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (13)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (7)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Love it!!DeniseVIPDined on 5/21/2013I've been there numerous times and LOVE LOVE the hummus! It's the best ever! We took my son's and one son'e girlfriend who is a vegetarian. My son said that I was pumping it up too much so the expectation was too high, however she loved it! Food is excellent. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waitress was terrible,PaulieVIPDined on 5/18/2013The waitress was terrible, no social, waitress or people skills. Should be kept in the back in the kitchen and not allowed out.
- Great food, large portions w flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/12/2013We've been here to eat dinner a few times and the food is always good. Freshly made and presented well. Portions are a good size. They do have a kids menu if you ask for it. BYOB. The desserts are excellent and I would encourage you to select a few to taste / share bc the descriptions don't do them justice. Of course the baklava is tasty! My only complaint is that there were only two servers for the entire restaurant on Mothers Day. Had to ask for water refills a number of times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for foodie MediterranianitzarobVIPDined on 4/27/2013Unexpected delight. Very good kabobs, grilled and a very nice change from the typical Italian or Chinese choices. A nioe menu choice of various Mediterranian fare. Salads were very good, the Greek salad not your typical lettuce laden Greek salad, in fact no lettuce at all! Choices of chicken, lamb, beef kabobs and combinations. A definite return, many returns.
- Our first visit and we willOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013Our first visit and we will be back. Attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly service. Food was served promptly and hot! Everything was delicious and fresh-tasting. My only (very minor) complaint was that the tables-for-two were squeezed together a bit tightly: I felt like we were sharing a table with the couple next to us, and we were out for my wife's birthday. The wonderful food made up for that, however. I had the tabbouleh (first time I ever had it), followed by the "signature dish." If you're going to order that, pan on skipping the appetizer or desert or else you will be stuffed!Special Features:
- Hummus & meatball appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/16/2013Hummus & meatball appetizers & greek salad were very good. Kebab entrees not so good, meat was bland & tough, although the dipping sauces were tasty. Staff was friendly. Will give it another try & just get appetizers & salad.
- Blue Fig pre-movie dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Get any kebab. And the soup is great but the stuffed grapeleaves were a little overcooked. Want to go back again and try more things. Need a good place for my falafel cravings.Special Features:
- My friend and I had lunchJohnRDined on 4/3/2013My friend and I had lunch at the Blue Fig Cafe and enjoyed it. Needed a place to meet half way and based upon reviews chose Blue Fig. Cost for lunch was moderate, food was very good, and service was fine. Restaurant was not busy so noise was not a factor, but might be if crowded. Interior was nice, restaurant is small. BFC is BYOB. It is located near a Wegmans so I had a great lunch and did some shopping. Will definately go back.Special Features:
- One of our new FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013We found this place about a month ago and had lunch there a couple of times and recently joined some friends there for dinner. All three times the food was excellent and so was the service. The food is typical Mediterranean with a lot of Greek and Lebanese dishes. The menu is not huge but there is something for everyone. In an area with a lot of good restaurants the Blue Fig is a unique and excellent addition.Special Features:
- My new favorite restaurant!DeniseVIPDined on 3/17/2013My new favorite restaurant! Love love the hummus and pita! This was the first time I was there for dinner, have gone several times for lunch. It's a good idea to get there early (I've gone on Friday's) as by 12:00 there was a line out the door. Both lunch and dinner were fantastic. I'd definitely recommend.Special Features:
- There is definetly a need2eatVIPDined on 3/16/2013There is definetly a need for a restaurant with this unique cuisine offered which is a taste from the middle east. It is a welcome change from the norm i.e. Italian on every corner! The food was fresh and wonderful and it's a byob. This is the first time in a long time where we have been out on a Saturday night and we were able to have a converstaion with each other without having to scream. They have sound deadening squares on the ceiling that work and the patrons spoke normally. We will return and look forward to trying new dishes.Special Features:
- welcome addition in moorestownMicahBVIPDined on 3/15/2013Excellent Mediteranean restaurant in Moorestown. A welcome addition and change of pace from casual, italian, asian, etc. The servers are always friendly and attentive. The food is excellent. And there is a kids menu too.Special Features:
- DisappointedMaryDined on 3/2/2013We had the hummus and it was very good. Blue Fig salad was also good. The waiter recommended the more expensive of the 2 shrimp dishes and it was ok. The shrimp were on skewers but still in the shells. My sister dined there last week, had the same waiter and the same recommendation. What that's about? We were later informed that they ran out of rice. My daughter is a vegetarian so I called the restaurant earlier in the day and asked if they would be able to make something for her.I thought they said yes. When I asked the waiter he said that next time we can call ahead and order something. He was not very helpful. It also became very cold in the restaurant. I will not be returning.
- Food was delicious. DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013Food was delicious. Dessert was fabulous. Fresh lemon juice with mint was refreshing. Waitress was attentive and knowledgable. A little tight in seating space but maneuvarble. Will definitely be returning.
- Came for the first time basedmarbsdadVIPDined on 3/2/2013Came for the first time based upon seeing restaurant listed on "Open Table." Food was great, however, on a Sat nite, the 3 servers were a bit overwhealmed. Maybe they should have either an additional server, or, food runners, to lessen the load on a weekend evening.
- From a local Lebanese girl...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2013The food is fresh and delicious. The atmosphere is comfortable and the service is wonderful. I will deifinitely go there again!
- Something Exciting in South Jerseyprgirl73Dined on 2/16/2013Along with the freshly baked pita bread, olive oil and olive spread, we had the Yalanji appetizer. They were larger than usual, were freshly made and didn't have the overpowering olive/vinegar tart taste that you expect. The kiwi juice was tasty as it was pretty. For our entreess, we had the grilled shrimp kebab and the lamb kebab. We both had basmati rice, and found both of our entrees delicious. For dessert, we shared the Baklava. This was probably our least favorite part of the meal, a bit hard. All and all, it was a great experience. It's a small, well decorated place. The owner is very friendly. Our waiter was scatterbrained, but provided attentive service. I suggest making reservations and would return again.Special Features:
- I had an excellent time onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I had an excellent time on Valentines. Romantic, quiet, relaxed atmosphere. One of the waiters gave me a rose for my date. The food was excellent 25 bucks and you get a salad any entree and dessert. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good little restaurant withLindNJDined on 2/14/2013Good little restaurant with interesting, tasty and unusual food. We'll go back.Special Features:
- My husband and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner at The Blue Fig Cafe. The food and ambiance were great. Meals prepared very well with a nice presentation. Our only negative was our waitor, while he was very friendly, he was a little slow and even forgot my drink...he probably was new so this would not prevent us from going back...we did notice the waitress was much quicker and more attentive to her tables...overall a very nice experience!Special Features:
- We were there on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We were there on Valentine's Day and took advantage of their 3 course special for $24.99. In both cases, our first courses, the Lentil soup and the Blue Fig salad were by far the best courses of the meal. i had the lamb kebobs and found the lamb to be very tough and fatty. My husband had the lamb chops and while not as tough, they were fatty also. We both got traditional Middle Eastern desserts, I had the Ossmalleya and didn't much care for the texture and found it way too sweet. My husband had the Namoura with Kashta, which he seemed to enjoy. I think I might give it another try, but I would stay away from the lamb.Special Features:
- Try IT WE THINK YOU WILL LIKE ITtastebudDined on 2/8/2013We enjoyed our meal very much at BLUE FIG. We will definitely go again. The wait staff was extremely nice just a little rough around the edges. There were other items on the menu we would like to try.Special Features: