1177 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ossosteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4157716776x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: J. C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Contact: Jim Wagner 4157716776x
A word from Osso Steakhouse
It's the new kid in town! Osso Steakhouse offers the steak lover a quintessential dining experience--Art Deco elegance, dry-aged steaks, premium cocktails in the latest restaurant on the San Francisco dining scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Osso Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Nob Hill ›
Osso Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Must go!luvagreatsreakDined on 2/8/2014I loved everything about Osso Steakhouse. The service was great! the food was excellent! What more can say but try it!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary food! Poorest ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014Myself being a Chef and owning our own European Bistro, I feel I have an very critical palate and expect usually less than average. I was pleasantly taken back by the quality of the food, preparation and plating of the food at "Osso". The first thing I would have done going into that Restaurant was fire the Manager who was not present on a Friday night. Then fired the Wait Staff. I have never received such dry, un personal, and indifferent service at any restaurant ever in my life. Staff should always be warm and welcoming into establishment, I felt as we walked into a restaurant that we were not welcome and it had nothing to do with business we had called an hour prior on a Friday and got a reservation, bad staff not foodSpecial Features:
- locals want you to succed !!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014It was my 5th trip to Osso.........The menu has become boring....Please add a real Baked potato,a rib eye steak,French fries and just copy other steak houses and the BIG 4 .Add a happy hour for the bar.
- Surf (crab) and turf was awesomejphmdsfDined on 1/30/2014The crab was remarkable and well paired with a filet mignon. The portions were just right for dinner, and didn't leave us feeling bloated. The spinach was excellent with just a hint of cream, not overly creamy like many places. The sauces on the dishes were subtle and brought out the flavors of the main ingredients without being overpowered. The wait staff was attentive and made sure everything was perfect, and right on time. The ambiance was that of a fancy place but with modern furnishings and lighting. Music was muted and pleasant. Booths were well separated by lighted glass so we didn't have to hear other table's conversations. Get the crab and forget the restaurants that rely on lobster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JimHVIPDined on 1/27/2014Went with a group of 10 and no one was disappointed. The steaks were great as well as all 4 appetizers. Waiter was very attentive and we left happy and anxious to return the next time we are in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningSFDinerDined on 1/25/2014We went there for my husband's birthday. The overall experience was very good. I would go back. One ordered the boned in New York, second person order filet and crab, the third person ordered miso glazed fish. The meat quality was outstanding. Fish dish was nicely cooked but a bit too salty. Everything is a la carte, we ordered the following side dishes: - brussel sprouts (very good) - mac and cheese (below average, won't order again) - creamed corn (very good) Service was above average. The restaurant had a friendly cockage fee of $15Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemStefVIPDined on 1/19/2014I have been to San Francisco many times. I usually stick to the financial or the embarcaderos sector when it comes to dinning. I was with a an another couple and decided to try Osso Steakhouse. I am very happy we did. We all agree that the food was very good, the meat was cooked to perfection and tasted great. This place is a neighborghood hidden treasure. A must on any steak lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osso delivered on high expectationsMediumrareallday1VIPDined on 1/17/2014This place is an outstanding steakhouse. The food was worth every penny and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner, so restaurantBJBJVIPDined on 1/16/2014Early dinner, so restaurant was relatively quiet. Steaks were fork tender and the sides excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osso a gemmissleonycVIPDined on 1/13/2014We reserved the private dining room for a dinner during the annual JPM Healthcare Conf in Jan. Charlie and Kevin were wonderful and accommodating, and did everything in their power to help make the dinner the success that it was. I would recommend to anyone who needs private dining in San Fran. Osso is laso conveniently located across from Grace Cathedral.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Osso Steakhouseluv2dineDined on 1/6/2014Had heard from friends that Osso had recently opened up in Nob Hill neighborhood, went to try it out. The steak was delicious...I don't usually order filet mignon (not enough fat/flavor for my personal tastes), but it was cooked perfectly - with a lovely sear/char on the exterior, but still tender and very moist on the inside. We ordered side of spaghetti squash, which was also fabulous - my dinner companion is not a veggie person at all, but even they loved the squash! Wish I could also recommend the desserts, but it may be best to go elsewhere if you have a sweet tooth. Bar area is very inviting and welcoming for an after-work cocktail and bar bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- USA Steakhouse SpecialBeefyBritDined on 1/4/2014We were seeking a USA steakhouse special for our San Francisco visit - and in OSSO we found one! The steaks were exceptional, cooked to perfection in what was claimed to be OSSO's unique way. The crust was tasty and the medium-rare finish was great - moist and flavoursome. The side dishes were also excellent - we recommend the creamed spinach highly. The wine list was comprehensive and of reasonable price for the quality of wines available. The service was attentive - the waiter helpful but maybe a little too attentive, but we controlled the pace of our evening's experience to our needs and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what i expectedRose13Dined on 1/4/2014It was nice but i wont be returning. Food was so so and nothing really made this restaurant stand out from the other steakhouses in SF.
- Best steak I ever hadLNB39VIPDined on 1/4/2014This was the forth time I ate and Osso and they did not disappoint. The food, as usual, was excellent! The Osso steak - bone in filet- was outstanding! The best steak I've ever tasted. We had a large party and we should have had more than one waiter, but the food was so good that it didn't have a huge impact . The staff was friendly and took care of everything asked of them. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels and Filet on a boneOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/2/2014I thought the Filet on a bone was the only reason for gong to Osso. I have now discovered the iron skillet mussels. WOW!!Special Features:
- Loved the bone-in filetOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/2/2014Went to Osso with a group for a business dinner. Service was amazing, bone-in filet (something I'd never tried before) was delicious. It's cool to see a steakhouse with a "twist" (emphasis on bone-in cuts) that still does steak really well. Also not overly pretentious or loud atmosphere. I'd definitely consider Osso again for either business or for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HouseMattSVIPDined on 12/31/2013This classic steakhouse had great food with great service. My son and I were there for New Years Eve. They were about 45 minutes behind on our reservation but did what they could to keep us informed. The food was outstanding! Cocktails were a smaller pour but expected. We each had Ceasar salad - done classic style, each had a filet, although mine was bone-in and more flavorful than his. Price point is exact for Nob Hill. Wish the server was a bit more engaging and fun, but, had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!EricaVIPDined on 12/31/2013We spent nye here with a group of friends, and the good, cocktails, service and ambiance were fantastic. We were never rushed, (our dinner took 3 hrs), and everyone enjoyed there food immensely. Thank you for making our nye so special.Special Features:
- Excellent Steak - Large RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The bone in Filet is incredible at this place - make sure you get it medium rare. It's nice to find a large restaurant in San Francisco where you're not seated 6 inches from the couple next to you. This place has a lot of room and feels like you're in a normal sized restaurant (normal for anywhere other than San Francisco).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OssoTanjaDined on 12/28/2013We loved Osso Steakhouse. Art Nouveau ambience and great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below any other SF steakhousePatriceVIPDined on 12/27/2013I've been to almost all steakhouse in SF (Ruth Chris, Harris, House of Prime Rib, Bobo, Morton) and I can honestly tell that Osso is below them. We had a porterhouse and a filet mignon. The meat had no flavor and the cut very thin, certainly not the thick cut you would expect at this good steakhouse. Very disappointed.
- Elegant AtomosphereChryslerRoseVIPDined on 12/26/2013Nice restaurant with an elegant atmosphere. Service was very good. When ordering a steak order one temperature higher though as the meat is cooked rarer there.Special Features:
- IncredibleAlissaDined on 12/25/2013We had Christmas dinner here and our overall experience was Amazing. We are going to make this a Christmas tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osso Steakhouse was an excellentluv2eatVIPDined on 12/25/2013Osso Steakhouse was an excellent place to celebrate Christmas. The fillet mignon with the bone in was delicious. My daughter said it was the best steak she's had. Our waitress was very friendly, helpful, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak but...OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/24/2013The service was great and the ambience wonderful, not really sure why three of the four steaks were undercooked but they fixed that pretty easily. Good food and nice placeSpecial Features:
- Very good steak but wouldappleDined on 12/24/2013Very good steak but would not go back` ` Very expensive!!!!!!Special Features:
- Our newest favorite Nob Hill hangouOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/22/2013Just opened in May. Will give Big 4 a run for its money. Very interesting flavors. We loved it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhousemdwalkerjrVIPDined on 12/22/2013My wife and I had dinner at Osso last Sunday. Quite simply it was one of the best meals I have ever had at a Steakhouse and that includes Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Fleming's, St. Elmo's in Indy, Abe & Louie's in Boston or Del Frisco. I had the bone-in Filet which was fabulous, my wife had the petite Filet, the salad with Pt. Reyes Blue Cheese dressing was better than any Wedge I've ever had and the sides of Spinach and Brussels Sprouts were outstanding. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to spend these pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2013Hard to spend these prices for service that was horrible
- One of SF's very best steakhousessfconciergeVIPDined on 12/18/2013This is one of the premier steakhouses in the city. I am a local concierge, and I went there for the first time recently and now intend to send many guests there. The atmosphere is toned-down lovely art deco paired with soft Sinatra and other selections that give it a classic feel without ever overtaking the overall vibe or your own private conversation. The service is excellent, the wine list is excellent, and the food is absolutely first-rate. They are one of the only restaurants that serves a bone-in filet anymore, and it is melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Desserts are creative and very good too (examples include a lemon torte with mint cream, a mango panna cotta, and a chocolate-espresso bean mousse). Highly recommend all-around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Steak was good,LilyDined on 12/1/2013Food was good. Steak was good, but I don't like my steak served in butter or sauce. I like a juicy steak but I want it dry. I don't want the steak or plate smothered in sauce or butter. Sauce on the side is fine. Chorizo cheesy bread, twice baked potato and Brussels sprout were great. Restaurant was empty (granted it was late Sunday night during the Thanksgiving holiday). Server was very nice.Special Features:
- Art decovijawoDined on 11/25/2013This was one of the best places that we ate in during our stay. The food was excellent. One of the best steaks I've had. I would say that it is a bit pricey. And 'fancy' in that the veggies are all creamed. And the roast potatoes were little potato bits roasted. I prefer less complicated foods. However. Very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osso should be called SOSOPickyAsiansDined on 11/23/2013Oh, I wish I could have loved this new steakhouse. Positives - only steakhouse that takes reservations for 14 on a saturday & the bone-in filet mignon. Do not stray from this choice of steak; ALL others are tasteless and not worth your hard earned money. Neg - valet closes at 10pm. Makes no sense when the places closes at 2. Side dishes - I make better mashed, fried, baked, brussels, macncheese, salads at home. There is not one single side dish that tastes good. Steaks; like said, only the filet is delicious. You're not HOPR, please have better meat than just one cut of steak. Service; the waiter was telling us what to eat and dropped a steak knife on my friend's back. A STEAK KNIFE...but there was no blood, so you get only 2 stars.Special Features:
- dinner before the Van Morrison showJammy302Dined on 11/22/2013Ossome! Service,food and wine was fabulous. the no cream asparagus soup was specially wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Great Bone-in SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2013Great Bone-in Steak. Ok price. Quiet. Valet Parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place but,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/17/2013We were very disappointed in the food. Unwanted & unexpected mystery sauce over a steak gave the impression the cook was trying to hide something. Dessert was good but as the restaurant is so beautiful to look at it is almost criminal to serve such lousy food. It was very quiet inside as there were almost no patrons.Special Features:
- Good Food, Fair Service..FoodessVIPDined on 11/16/2013We enjoyed filet mignon, brussels sprouts, spinach, mushrooms and licorice cheesecake. The food was very good. The service lacked sincerity and warmth..Special Features:
- I had the group of 7 on aDaisyDined on 11/15/2013I had the group of 7 on a Friday night. We were placed at a table that was way to small with 4 people crammed into the booth. The waiter argued about how inconvenient an extra chair is and when I offered to have my guests get up and move it got worse. I would have had my group leave if the manager didn't come and make sure all was ok. When taking drink orders waiter said it is good to get lubed up. I had to explain to my guest from Japan what that meant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dinner was very goodPassportJLRDined on 11/13/2013Osso was recommended by some of my Co-workers who had went there in a small group the night before. I was stuck having dinner alone but the staff were very friendly and made me feel welcome but were by no means pushy. I was in SF for wor and asked a few questions about the area and they were kind enough to help me with some real good suggestions. I saw grops of friends enjoining them selves as well as couples. Definatly will return when in town again. JLRSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placejerseygirlDined on 11/10/2013I went to Osso for my birthday dinner and was so pleased. The steaks are out of this world and just the way I like them. Our server Susan was amazing with service and suggestions and even took by friend by the arm and walked her to the door. I have been to Stinking Rose and Salito's recently and they are all so consistent and delicious with wonderful portions. I really enjoyed the article in the Sunday Chronicle about the owner, who is 73 and a local. You can tell he has amazing dedication for what he does. Hats off to Jerry and I will highly recommend to guests who stay at the Claremont Hotel.Special Features: