21050 N. Tatum Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85050Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trystcafe.com/
- Phone: 4805857978x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am- 2:30pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Our eclectic fresh menu is also available for catering and feature breakfast, lunch and dinner. Boxed lunches or buffet platters are commonplace for corporate meetings. Continental or hot buffet breakfasts can be prepared for a variety of settings. Hot and cold appetizers are perfect for any social setting, open houses, parties and more. More elaborate lunch or dinner entrees are available for more formal or special occasions and events.
- Entertainment: The first Monday of the Month features a rotation of performers typically acousitc guitarists playing a variety of genres.
A word from Tryst Cafe
According to the dictionary, a “tryst” can be a little bit sinful. So how do you turn a tryst in something healthy? Tryst Café in north Phoenix has a few ideas. Open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, the menu combines sinful flavors with natural, organic, antibiotic/hormone free proteins and even gluten-free food and drink. The eclectic fresh cuisine is served up in an energetic, contemporary urban environment. Tryst has received numerous accolades including Best New Restaurant, Best Breakfast, and "Best" recognitions for a variety of menu items including the fresh squeezed orange juice, sweet potato tots, beer battered green beans, Hawaiian breakfast, Monte Cristo, Gluten Free French toast and more. The full bar features organic liquor, beer, and wine. A rotation of local wines are available. Keep an eye out for scheduled wine tastings and try the organic tequila flight while you’re enjoying your meal. Live entertainment is available on the first Monday of the month. Free WIFI!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Tryst Cafe - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Tryst Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (13)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (4)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- FreshMssybrittyVIPDined on 2/1/2014The food was fresh and had many healthy options! Loved it. One of my new favorite placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our meals and ourpaullindaDined on 1/19/2014Enjoyed our meals and our waitress was wonderful. Definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy foodRun4FoodVIPDined on 1/13/2014I like that the food is organic, antibiotic/hormone free, natural. Everything there is tasty and they have many Gluten-free options!Special Features:
- Tryst Cafepeanut95Dined on 12/22/2013Tryst is close to home and has great, different breakfast entrees. The servers change alot, but those that have been there for a while are very good and remember us each time we visit. That is a nice feelingSpecial Features:
- Tryst is different. LookingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013Tryst is different. Looking at the menu, you'll notice the difference -- fresh, healthy, organic-natural food. Nothing to be afraid of eating here -- it's all good for you. And, the flavors are wonderful whether you choose a breakfast/brunch menu item or something for lunch or dinner. The service is outstanding -- very attentive, friendly and accommodating. Definitely a restaurant gem you'll want to add to your "best of dining" list.Special Features:
- Great Food...Slow ServicekirstenhannaDined on 11/16/2013My colleague recommended Tryst as having fantastic grilled fish tacos, so for our anniversary, my boyfriend and I decided to try it out. The restaurant is small in size and although there were about 4-5 other groups dining at the same time, it was not "busy" at all. Despite this, it took almost 20 minutes to get 2 drinks and well over an hour until our food was served (club sandwich and 2 fish tacos). Our waitress was great - very friendly and apologetic for the many delays, but waiting an hour and 15 minutes is excessive, especially when other parties ordered well after us, but still had their food came out at least 30 minutes before ours. Overall, great food, but I would hate to eat there during a "busy" time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Organic and Gluten FreeL6EPDined on 11/10/2013Love that half of the menu at the Tryst Cafe can be made gluten free. They also use organic produce, and the food is absolutely delicious. Definitely a place I will be returning to again and again.Special Features:
- So glad I stumbled upon this place.CLovelaceVIPDined on 11/8/2013I was so happy to discover a restaurant close to home that uses organic, all-natural ingredients and also has many gluten-free options. The menu has so many delicious items to choose from, pretty much anything anyone could want. The service is excellent. They really aim to please. We tried it for the first time Friday night and went back Sunday night too. They serve food all day so we are looking forward to trying breakfast there soon as well. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu, Healthy Optionsnm8255Dined on 11/1/2013Love the selection of organic and gluten free items. I took my parents here for lunch and we all loved our food. My salad was delicious, and my dad, who doesn't care about organic gluten free options, thoroughly enjoyed his sandwich. The service was excellent...can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Desert Ridge GemDoug497Dined on 10/12/2013Great to see a local restaurant do so well. The food is very well prepared, tasty and well presented.Special Features:
- Tryst Cafepeanut95Dined on 9/29/2013My family and I have been coming to Tryst since it opened. We love the food! It is fresh and always good. Service can be sketchy at times, but Sunday mornings are typically good and we always love to have Charlene wait on us. I wish they would have had their Friday Night Fish Fry back this last summer. It was a great value and good meal. We will continue to visit Tryst on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Tryst is a Healthy Delicious Find!LoveGoodFoodDined on 9/26/2013Who says healthy food is boring? It is not at Tryst Cafe. I have been there twice and had two different salads that were both excellent. Greens are fresh, and toppings are perfectly seasoned. I wish I lived around the block but will drive the distance to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious! ServernicknameVIPDined on 9/22/2013Food was delicious! Server was very nice. But I ordered a Old Fashion cocktail and they were out of all bourbons. We were there on the second day of Restaurant Week and they didn't have two of the three deserts listed on the menu. They did give us other options which were for us better choices than what the original menu had on it. First course was large and we had only had time to eat a small portion before the main (second) course came out of the kitchen. When we sat down, there was only one other table of customers, but server said he had more people than usual out on the patio. In Summary, food great, service friendly, but not very efficient. They needed more servers and better timing in the kitchen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exxcellent FoodsuzyDined on 8/28/2013Food was excellent, but a little slow in coming out. It probably was because we were a party of 8 and all of our meals needed to be brought out together. The dishes were very presentable and everyone at the table enjoyed their food. The prices were reasonable and our waiter was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celiac Tom foolery.foodyfamDined on 8/24/2013My wife and I have sensitivity to gluten and had heard of this spot and we were excited to try it out. The menu items are mostly labeled gluten free, however, we were unaware you still had to specify g free. Fine print got both of us. Other than the day after stomach issues. Service and ambiance were great. Food was a let down. Wasn't impressed enough to make a second trip.Special Features:
- Very CuteDaphneDined on 8/19/2013Great little place tucked away in the outdoor mall. Great service, great wait staff and wonderful mindful choices to choose from- it felt like food with a purpose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh... the coffee was acceptable.SaulAboutmeeDined on 8/17/2013First of all, when one orders an item that is a commonly accepted standard, a restaurant should ether stick to how that item is made OR state in the menu that they do it differently. Tryst's read on a Monte Cristo LOOKS ok, but then when you start eating it, the appearance gives way. Tryst basically makes a 'sandwich' of egg and cheese with french toast. A real Monte Cristo is completely dipped in batter, deep fried and then sprinkled with a touch of powdered sugar. Seems a bit picky until you taste it.. The potatoe side dish was 'fancy' tatter tots that had nearly no taste at all. My companion had the peppper corn breakfast steak.. which was dried out and the sauce had very little in the way of pepper-corns! Yet another coffee joint.
- Awful! Do not waste your money!mnfaVIPDined on 8/4/2013I would not recommend this place to anyone. The food, service and wait time were awful as is the physical plant. Before I arrived I called to ask about the size of the restaurant and apparently whoever answered the phone cannot count. He told me there were 20 tables inside and as many on the patio.There are 9 tables inside. I did not want to have dinner in a small cramped cafe. My husband had salmon that had no taste. I left most of my meal. The bread on my sandwich was drenched in oil and the salad had so much pepper that I had to leave it. There was no value in the food since the portions of the proteins were tiny.
- First time thereDswoman40Dined on 7/17/2013I will definitely return!! My son and I had the BBQ burgers with bacon and sweet potato tots and they were delicious. I ordered my burger med-well, and I received a med-well burger. The bacon was crisp (the way I like it), and the tots were hot and crispy. In addition to this, our server was wonderful--helpful, attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backBostonkayDined on 7/12/2013It was nice to eat somewhere with so many gluten-free items. The menu was very clear. Everyone enjoyed the food (GF and other). The service was friendly and helpful.
- The steak dinner was as goodmmhgDined on 7/9/2013The steak dinner was as good as Ruth Chris and other famous steakhouses. The service was excellent. We enjoy our dining experience. What a pleasant surprise!Special Features:
- Great spot if you're lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2013Great spot if you're looking for truly fresh food. Creative menu options, good wine/drink selections. Caters to foodies with many options for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute!ChefcindyDined on 7/5/2013Atmosphere is trying to be modern and Industrial but it has a warmth also. Servers are VERY nice however not the best. White wine was served warm and one drink totally missed coming to the table. After mentioning it to server it was immediately corrected with apologies. Tempura style string beans and Pulled Pork both excellent. Last time string beans were greasy but this time they were perfect. Salads were very nice. All in all I would say its a safe enjoyable meeting spot. Seems like they are always trying to be better. Can't ask for more then that. I will go back many more times.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD AND FRIENDLY SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2013GREAT FOOD AND FRIENDLY SERVICE. FUN TO EAT THERE. GREAT ATTENTIVE STAFF. LOVE THIS PLACE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodFood4hopkinsDined on 6/13/2013Had heard about this restaurant and their organic ingredients, and was interested in trying it out. It met my expectations and more! The food was delicious and I had difficulty deciding what I wanted to order because I wanted everything! Can't wait to go back and try more. I had the grilled chicken and goat cheese salad and beer battered green beans they were all really good. I also loved that the proportions were not "American" size, but rather normal. Will be dining here again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- generous portions (we tookdivaDined on 6/10/2013generous portions (we took over half the entree home....) with creative combinations, seasonings. Cheerful atmosphere, VERY good serviceSpecial Features:
- Not going back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/9/2013Had a reservation for lunch. Arrived and the hostess said "I see you are an Open Table VIP". Temperature is 101 outside and my party is taken to a table outside on the patio. With a reservation I would have expected the question to be "inside or outside". Instead we were taken outside where it was quite warm. There were just 2 fans running for the outside seating area. Service was poor - had to request refills on drinks and water. English muffin looked like a mini-hamburger bun and was tasteless. Rest of the food was good but the service was poor and very unhappy about being seated outside with a reservation on a very hot day!
- In a word 'AWFUL" Bad food,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/9/2013In a word 'AWFUL" Bad food, bad service, bad organization at restaurant and no ambience....we will definitely not be going back.
- Good for BrunchRun4FoodVIPDined on 6/8/2013The menu has lots of tasty items. Portions are ample and the staff is friendly. I had the Tryst Benedict and my friend had the Chocolate bacon waffle. She said it was great! I would like to go back and try some of the lunch items next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flattering FindeleventhtempestDined on 6/7/2013Welcoming staff in a thoughtfully designed space combine nicely for dinner (2 people). Service was pleasant and responsive as we enjoyed a bottle of red wine, mixed green salads and perfectly-seasoned Bistro Steaks served with grilled asparagus and potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2013Had an early lunch there. Great GF options. The Bloody Mary was good but the Mojito was aweful. I had the Roast Beast which was great. Hummus app was also wonderful.Special Features:
- Trysty choiceTry2Dined on 5/18/2013My first impressions was WOW. Food was superb. My husband and I had breakfast. We will recommend this cafe to all who wants a excellent meal to start your day. Service excellent and attentive. Reasonable prices and great menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day GemJAYinAZDined on 5/12/2013Great food and great service. I highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day breakfastlunchladyVIPDined on 5/12/2013They were extremely busy for Mother's Day breakfast, and the staff worked really hard to get everyone seated and fed. I will come back on a "normal day" because the food was delicious. I had the pecan crusted french toast. I think they rushed this dish out because 3 of the 4 slices of bread were quite dry, not eggy and moist like french toast should be (again, because they were so busy, i think they rushed this dish out the kitchen). The huevos rancheros came out cold, and it was certainly not traditional, served on a bed of fried corn tortilla strips. My husband chicken wrap was excellent and my son's burger was perfect.Special Features:
- The service is quite slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013The service is quite slow. Also, the food tends to be on the greasy side...especially the omlettes; also, the toast is mediocre. The fruit doesn't taste fresh at all. However, the OJ and coffee are amazing!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying a bit too hardyourtypicaldinerDined on 5/8/2013I gave them a positive review, but not a "top" restaurant in my opinion (see below). The service was over the top which actually was disruptive at times. If you like to be checked on every few minutes and thanked to the point where the message no longer seems genuine, then you will appreciate their service. As for food prices and quality, not a foodie type restaurant for what you pay for. Many other options in the Valley that are better for the price you pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/5/2013I've been coming to Tryst for about 2 years now and have always had an enjoyable dining experience. The food is local and organic and their menu is diverse and creative. We usually frequent Tryst Cafe for both brunch and dinner. Brunch is usually busy and you can expect a small wait, especially on the weekends. I've had almost everything on their breakfast menu and the repeat offenders include eggs and chorizo and the Hawaiian breakfast. My wife is a big fan of the waffles, both regular and the chocolate bacon selection. Brunch and dinner usually comes out to $30-$40 for two, depending if we ordered any cocktails with our meals. Tryst Cafe is a restaurant that we will continue to frequent in northern Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have loved Tryst since itFoodlover13Dined on 5/2/2013I have loved Tryst since it first opened. Their food is reliably good, with interesting selections, especially for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diamond in the roughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Group of 5 visiting from Oregon, found on Urbanspoon and yelp. Love that Tryst sources foods locally where available. Server, Rachael, was knowledgable and friendly. We felt bad that she had to make so many more stops with coffee at our table than any of her others, we live on the stuff up here in the Pac NW. The Food: I had the Benedict and while not traditional that is a plus in this case and did not detract.The capicola added a little heat to balance the richness. Paired perfectly with the Cucumber infused bloody mary. Companions had the Pecan crusted french toast and tryst omelet. Both had glowing reviews, the texture of the brioche was decadent and best omelet ever were two of the remarks. Out of room. Go to Tryst, make reservation!Special Features:
- I was disappointed with myChrisDined on 4/26/2013I was disappointed with my meal. It was a chicken piccata and it was not traditional and was just ok. The best part of the meal was the spring rolls. The service was great but probably won't go back.