2001 Western Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cutterscrabhouse.com/
- Phone: 2064484884x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00 am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm-9:30 pm
Dinner: Friday and Saturday 4:00pm - 10pm
Weekend Breakfast: Sat & Sun 11am 2:00pm
Bar: Sun-Thurs open 'til 10:30pm, Fri and Sat 11:30pm
Happy Hour: 3pm-6pm and 9pm-close Saturday and Sunday 4 - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Deborah Breuler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cutters Crabhouse
One of Seattle’s proudest traditions is the Pike Place Market, right next door. The market thrives by providing the highest quality seasonal products indigenous to the Pacific Northwest. This allows Cutters--totally remodeled in April 2012--to be directly influenced by the unique nature of the market. Because of Cutters' ongoing commitment to incorporate only the finest seasonal Northwest ingredients in all menu offerings, we can truly say: “If it’s there, it’s here."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cutters Crabhouse - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Cutters Crabhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (140)special occasion (89)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (50)great for lunch (40)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- A MUST SEE FOR SEATTLESeriousFoodieDined on 7/22/2014This was our second visit to Cutter's. We wanted to bring a friend that was visiting from CA. Unfortunately, the service we received was nothing like what we received from our previous dinner visit. Our gal was not friendly and seemed like she didn't want to be there. The food and atmosphere was wonderful! We would still recommend--and will try one more time. I wish I could remember the gentleman that we had for dinner--because he was fabulous! We did share that experience with the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, great viewNatalieDined on 7/21/2014Delicious salmon, oysters, shrimp and scallops, local sourdough bread and an amazing view of Mt. Rainier, the ferris wheel and the sound. Only complaint being that I had to wait a bit even though I made a reservation--but they did get me a seat by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaydeeDined on 7/20/2014We were more impressed with the sushi and happy hour drinks the dinner was not impressive for the price we paid,they forget to put the ice cream on the plate by the time it came out we were pretty much finished with the cake.Special Features:
- Great view of the harbor in Seattlenjg1954Dined on 7/19/2014We had a great meal at Cutter's. Our server was excellent. Since we made an Open Table reservation we got a table at the window for a great view of Puget Sound. The King Crab legs were fresh and tasty. Not a speck left on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great view restaurantjustmeDined on 7/19/2014We ate here for the first time in over 20years with guests from out of town. The view is still amazing although we couldn't get a table with a water view as requested. The service was very good. I thought the food was too salty. I had the open faced crab sandwich with fries. One of our guests thought it was salty too.Special Features:
- Not what it used to bewildflowerDined on 7/16/2014For 11 years Cutters has been a must visit at least once when I am in town visiting local family in Seattle. I used to feel like cutters was a local favorite that was also highly visited by tourists. It seems cutters has finally succumbed to the tourist dining mentality. It does not have that special touch anymore. While the quality of my Halibut was still excellent, preparation and the dinner overall was very lacking. The service was average, nothing special. Very different from say 5 years ago. I would say if you are a tourist looking for a beautiful view, decent mass produced food and quick service then this might be the place for you. if you are looking for a special date night or a special occasion restaurant, this is not it.Special Features:
- Great ServiceKJohnDined on 7/14/2014Roy, I hope that is correct, was a great server. He was friendly and all around wonderful. I had to wait for my guest and he would check in on me from time to time. I felt I was cared for and not made to feel embarrassed sitting alone at the table. My guest was late for uncontrollable reasons. Once he arrived, Roy stepped in with a smile and we got the evening going. The food was great, we both had the Halibut. Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Eli our server made the evening perfect. We added three guest last minute and Cutters was able to accommodate. Food super. Beautiful sunset view of the water. Lot's of items with fresh crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014Great location overlooking Puget Sound. Excellent service. Very good food. Whole Dungeness crab was great but pricey.Special Features:
- Local First TimerjstcallmemimiDined on 7/11/2014I have lived in Seattle for 40+ years and I have never heard of this place, nor did I even knew it was there. I enjoyed myself, the food & service were excellent. I will defiantly return, and I have been recommending it to my friends & family since our visit on 7/11/14.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have the musselsdkmhttrVIPDined on 7/6/2014Simply put.... Beautiful view, great food, good service. The mussels were the best we have had. Bleu cheese and bacon... yes please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite, but Needs TweakingFrequentSeattleDinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014Cutter's continues to be a favorite: tasty sauces, fresh food, and sumptuous flavor combinations. The cheese curds are wildly overpriced in light of the miniscule portion size though, and the presentation of them was weak. The menu also needs its iconic chocolate souffle back, and there should be a wealth of menu choices that do not include bread-group components like rice, breading or pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for out-of-town guestsktbdDined on 7/2/2014We were seated right at the time of our reservation & a view table, as requested. Staff was aware that we were catching up on many years, so tried not to interrupt our conversation. Food was good… halibut a little overdone, but salmon was amazing. We stayed for an after dinner drink and the waitress was getting off shift but put our order in and handed us over to the later staff in a smooth transition. We've taken out-of-town guests here for 20+ years and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnergaylenrodDined on 6/30/2014We have been travelling from Kelowna B.C., to Seattle and dining at Cutters for our anniversary, for at least five years. We always get the window table where we can over look the bay and all the action. We love to sit and watch the goings on and we love to dine and have our lovely anniversary dinner. Rod isn't a wine drinker so he enjoys caesars and mojitos, and we even had a special coffee! Dinner was lovely and so was dessert. We'll be back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceTanyaDined on 6/29/2014The host was rude making us wait forever for a table...despite us seeing many uncleaned tables the food was late and their food was mediocre at best. The only thing saving them is the spectacular view.
- Great ViewATLGADined on 6/28/2014Killer view overlooking the harbor. Surprising limited number of seafood choices, particularly crab, for a restaurant that is called a Crabhouse. The noise level is very loud, making it almost impossible to hold a conversation.Special Features:
- Great CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014We came here to celebrate my wife and I's masters graduation. They gave us a great table with a view of the water (though I think every table has some kind of view which is nice) and even had ribbons on the table. Our server, Eli, new the occasion which we had noted in our reservation and ran with it. Eli took such great care of us being attentive, but not pushy. He dealt marvelously with the 2 small children and when orders got mixed up from the bar. Everyone loved there food, I got the crab legs and devoured them. Then they gave us graduates complementary dessert which was more than enough to share with everyone. Great place! Great service! Great food! I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great food but a little noisyBellevueDinerDined on 6/27/2014I took my wife out for our wedding anniversary and we both really enjoyed the food and waiter. Pros: Wonderful view, great food and service. Requested special anniversary dining options were delivered. 50% discount on parking. Cons: A little too noisy. Very limited vegetarian entree options. Welcoming host was a little terse with us. Overall, we had a great, memorable experience and I highly recommend the food.Special Features:
- Good food, great service and viewseattlevisitorDined on 6/25/2014The food was good. Service was excellent and the view is very good. The location is very convenient for sightseeing. Made a reservation well in advance, not sure how easy it is to drop in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner choices!SeattleeatsDined on 6/25/2014The menu is very eclectic. I had an expertly prepared "Thai seafood curry", which was one of the specials of the week. My neighbors who joined me had a (1) sort of a salmon stew, and (2) a spicy shrimp dish. All of us tremendously enjoyed the main dishes and the bread at the table. Two of us ordered a raspberry-and-ice cream topped bread pudding w/brownie. Not so special. The bread pudding was not a classic bread pudding, and neither of us could discern the presence of a brownie.Special Features:
- LaideeJDined on 6/23/2014The hailbut was very good; however both my husband's and my food could have been warmer.Special Features:
- A Gem in the Emerald CityCentralOregonDanDined on 6/23/2014We had thought of having lunch at the Space Needle and checked out the menu. Nothing looked good, especially at those prices. I'd been to Cutters before. The menu was great and the prices were very acceptable. She loved everything about the place and had the open faced crab sandwich!! The view is pretty darn good, too. Right next to Pike Street Market! This one is a keeper!!Special Features:
- PatrickDined on 6/21/2014Great service. Went for our anniversary. Took a little while to get seated but we got a table right next to the window where we could see the sunset over the water and they gave us an anniversary dessert on the house. Waiter was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great TimeGreatTimeDined on 6/20/2014Brought my family from AZ here. Loved the good, view, and drinks. Thanks! -DrewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014I've been coming to Cutter's on business and personal trips since the late 1980's, and it has always been absolutely top notch. Great food, great staff! I would highly recommend Cutters to anyone.Special Features:
- Great dinner in seattleSeattleVisitorDined on 6/19/2014After walking the market and going to some of the science museum exhibits this was a great break from the busy day. Great atmosphere and views and great food. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the food. Overall it was a great experience!Special Features:
- Room with a viewromanceawaitsDined on 6/18/2014If you want a great dinner with a scenic view of the Seattle waterfront this is where you need to be. Fresh seafood and scrumptious desserts. With a view of the harbor there's always something going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, view and good seafoodBzzzDined on 6/15/2014I did not expect it. Great food. Seafood is the focus but the rest was good. Some of the best service I have ever had. Go Roy! My salmon was well prepared. Great desserts.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day MealRJfromBLDined on 6/15/2014Had a great meal at Cutters as we celebrated Father's day. Our waiter did a fantastic job of timing our food so that we didn't feel rushed. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- A dim shadow of its former selfReluctantDinerDined on 6/15/2014This used to be my "go to" place to take out-of-town visitors. Cutters is simply not the fine restaurant it was 10 years ago. It has a spectacular view, but a dreary menu and mediocre food. Wait staff was pleasant, but we waited too long for our food in a restaurant that was half empty. I am a bit sad to say this was my last visit.Special Features:
- Great crab sandwich!NancyDined on 6/13/2014I met a friend for lunch, and we both enjoyed our salad/sandwich combos. She had the pastrami and I had the open-faced crab sandwich. It was fabulous. Undoubtedly filled with calories but well worth it. When I made our reservation, I requested a table by the window, but I didn't know I should also have asked for no pillar to be in the way. :-) If the view really matters to you, maybe you should specify.Special Features:
- AmazingSuzieDined on 6/10/2014We had a large group of business associates visiting from Wichita. What a wonderful meal we shared at Cutter's. The view was amazing, the food was wonderful and the service couldn't have been better. Our waiter took special care in dealing with our out-of-towners, answering all their questions regarding the food and area and had fun at the same time. I'd recommend Cutters to anyone looking for a good meal in an amazing setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a memorable night in SeattleMZaccVIPDined on 6/5/2014Cutters made our first night in Seattle memorable. from the minute we walked in the front door we were treated with the highest regard. the food and drinks were spectacular, with my favorite the lobster and crab gnocci. our waitress was knowlegable of the menu and it showed in our selections we made. We watched the sun set with the view of the bay as well as Pike's Market right outside of our table, and best of all our meal was as relaxed as we wanted it to be. Definitely will recommend to anyone visiting Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServiceZenKemosabeDined on 6/2/2014I entertained a group of 12 with many bottles of wine, appetizers, entrees, and desert for under $1000 including tip. The view is the fee Ferris wheel and mount ranier was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/1/2014Took my mom to Cutters for her birthday and enjoyed the tuna tartare - amazing - followed by some fantastic fish (cod and halibut). The service was fantastic and attentive, but not overdone. If I lived in Seattle, I know I'd be a frequent guest here.Special Features:
- WorthItDowntownDinerDined on 5/25/2014The staff, servers, wait staff were excellent. The seating arrangement perfect. The host/hostess were very tuned into our request for a quiet space with a view. We had an elderly member with us who is hard of hearing so this was important. All the food was great except for mine. Didn't care for the ribs but other entree's looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date restaurantPaulDined on 5/22/2014Great place to take a date. It looks right over the water and offers a variety of food, from seafood to sushi to steaks.Special Features:
- The following 650 reviews are from the Cutters Crabhouse reviews archive.
- A decent dinner, service lackingtkapictureVIPDined on 5/20/2014Went to Cutters (been there a handful of times for lunch/dinner/HH) with a couple of coworkers from out of town, as it's ideally situated in the market and has a great view. The food is usually pretty decent, however one of my coworkers who is gluten intolerant was given a "special" dish that contained soy (after he asked the server about what was in it). The server was incorrect in stating the dish was safe, so he had to re-order another dish and was given a cup of soup only served at lunch. Pretty embarrassing ordeal - manager didn't even bother to comp anything on the meal.Special Features:
- patronVIPDined on 5/18/2014Great seafood restaurant! In our group of 6, we had trout, salmon, Thai seafood curry, spicy prawns, chicken and steak. All were done perfectly and delicious. We were very impressed. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great First Trip to CuttersKrisRDDined on 5/18/2014Had a great experience at Cutters, first time visit. New to the area, looking for our go-to place, and think we've found it! Only went for brunch but will definitely be back for dinner. Aside from the view, the good wine and the food, the service is really what was the amazing part. We had an awesome server, and the manager was great too! Ordered two desserts, and one was comped as the souffle didn't rise. I wouldn't have noticed, but appreciated her honesty, because I would probably order it again and be confused. Overall great experience, will DEFINITELY be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.