1485 W 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6H3J5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatsiena.com/
- Phone: 6045581485x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Jessica Howery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book the restaurant for your next event. Central location, comfortable space, wonderful food and free parking make it easy to plan a memorable party at Siena.
- Private Party Contact: Tess 6045581485x
A word from Siena
Simple, delicious, fresh local food in a relaxed space, the gently rustic Siena yields a bounty of Italian flavours, perfect before a show at the nearby Stanley Theatre, or after a day of shopping or gallery-hopping on Granville Rise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Siena reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)fit for foodies (70)special occasion (29)romantic (21)notable wine list (17)good for groups (13)hot spot (6)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A very friendly experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014The food was very very good - I had the Spot Prawns because they were in season and was not disappointed. The wine that was highlighted was superb. I loved the small size of the restaurant and very happy that Siena took reservations. Some of the smaller restaurants don't seem to take reservations any longer and I just hate standing in line, hovering over all the diners, waiting for a table. Definitely be singing Siena's praises for the next couple of weeks and I will be back.Special Features:
- The following 223 reviews are from the Siena reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014Food below past. Waiter poor on complaint. Spot prawns soft. Quantity down price up. Complaint handled poorly.
- Authentic, well-preparedMangiaVIPDined on 5/17/2014We return to Siena because of the superb food and excellent service. They are also well-informed on celiac choices, making the experience great for everyone. A wonderful before the show dinner for the Pacific and Stanley Theatres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner & Theatre NightSpaGirlsDined on 5/16/2014What a great find for a quick but delicious dinner. The special of the day was the choice of all and plates were all left cleaned. A good sign! We finished off with sharing deserts in plenty of time to make it to our seats at the Stanley. The bonus was theatre goers discount. Will certainly be back.Special Features:
- dinner before the theatreEconomistAtLargeDined on 5/15/2014We have dinner at Siena before attending the Arts Club Theatre around the corner, so we go about once a month or so. Great food and pleasant if a bit noisy venue. I think most if not all of our fellow diners are heading for the same place so the service slows down a bit during the meal as it gets busier and busier, but they always get us out in good time to take our seats at the Arts Club. No hesitation in recommending this place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!FoodudeDined on 5/12/2014We were a group of 11 and fit in to the relatively small restaurant without trouble. The service was great, the food was excellent (recommend the 3 course set menu, it was more than worth the modest $32) and wine was 50% off (Mondays) so...we had lots. Great place. Do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely Mother's DayFoodfanDined on 5/11/2014We had an excellent Mother's Day dinner. The food was superb, very tasty and beautifully presented. The service was excellent and the atmosphere warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014The restaurant was nice. It is on the small side but nice ambience. Great food!Special Features:
- Limited MenuladydocDined on 5/8/2014We dine at Siena regularly because of its location to the Arts Club Theatre. When you have just over an hour, it is perfect. The food is always tasty. However, there is not a great selection of items and the "specials" are generally not special but just variants of the main menu. If you like pasta, you'll be happy. The wine by the glass selection is also limited. Staff is very attentive and friendly. Fish tends to be a bit overcooked. Their dessert selection hasn't changed in forever and it is also limited to three items - none of which are stellar. Also, what's with these restaurants that don't put salt and pepper on the table? If you aren't offering seasoning - make sure to get it right!Special Features:
- pickyeaterDined on 5/8/2014Reserved for a pre-theatre meal on the recommendation of the Arts Club box office, major reason being a theatre discount. The performance was cancelled, but the restaurant gave the discount anyway and full credit for that. The ambience fitted our criteria: small, bright, a limited number of tables, a limited and interesting menu and a well-chosen, reasonably priced wine list. Service was perhaps a bit slow, but the place was full and there were two groups for the limited staff to cope with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!BeensDined on 5/3/2014We stumbled upon Siena - what a great find - excellent service, great food, very nicely presented, good sized portions, and good value. Timing was good, they are attentive but laid back… Pork tenderloin cooked perfectly, and ling cod delicious light and flaky. Gnocchi with saffron, signature dish - was not good - gummy, re-fried and saffron sauce tasted like humus - they took it off the bill and were super about it. Dessert espresso panna cotta was yummy - we will go back…Special Features:
- My wedding anniversaryMangoDined on 4/30/2014First time here base on reviews, not too many choice on manual. Food is great. Price right.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SupperTheToothDined on 4/28/2014Great food and great service even as the restaurant was very busy that night. Half-price bottles of wine on Monday nights is a real bonus.Special Features:
- Family dinnerkbholdenDined on 4/27/2014We enjoyed the food and the table we had which was by the window. It was easy to talk to our grownup children and easy to hear their conversation. The food was tasty and nicely presented.Special Features:
- Good TimesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2014A pleasant staff and great food makes for a good time.Special Features:
- Delightful SurpriseDelightedVIPDined on 4/19/2014We did not know this delightful restaurant existed . . . we were greeted very warmly as if we were the most important guests of the day. The menu was varied and the $32 set menu offered enough variety to make it most worth while. The food was delicious and served in creative and appetizing way. By public transit it is most accessible via Granville St bus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a neighbourhoof gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2014We have been there many times and the food has been quite consistently fine. Wine pairings are also good and the three course prix fixe is always well thought out. For either an occasion or a mid week "let's treat ourselves a little", this is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, tasty, friendlyNickm007VIPDined on 4/12/2014Great priced authentic, tasty food. Quick service and foods pretty quick too.Special Features:
- We weren't let downSmileyDined on 4/12/2014Another great meal at Siena - we had a couple that could not make it at the last minute and they were very disappointed as they were looking forward to it after the last time they dined and had a fab meal - we'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Italianluv2eatDined on 4/12/2014Nice restaurant just off Granville, prefect for pre theater dinner as it's right by the Stanley. Wonderful service and great prices on food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!148julesVIPDined on 4/11/2014Superb service by the male server with long hair! Sorry didn't get a name.Special Features:
- Good ExperiencepleaseddinerDined on 4/11/2014We have been to this restaurant twice before attending a play and will certainly return. It is a small restaurant and was fully booked and very busy but the staff was quite attentive and the food excellent. We arrived a little late for our reservation but they managed to serve our meal and have us ready to attend our play without a problem and in a very friendly way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for show ticket holders!BruthiDined on 4/9/2014We really enjoyed our first-time dining experience at Siena. The food was great, the service outstanding and the ambience cozy. And t's a great location for show ticket-holders in that area. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014We had a great meal before going to the Stanley Theatre. Good food and wine, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming & Cozy Italian Restaurant!ManoloVIPDined on 4/5/2014Siena is located off Granville Street before Downtown Vancouver. Location is perfect if you do not want to drive into town. The food is very nice, tasty, clean, & flavourful. The Ravioli with Porcini very nice. Salads are excellent. The fix menu is a good alternative. Service was superb! The restaurant is charming & cozy. Good Italian Restaurant. Great trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good as UsualDiner56Dined on 4/4/2014Very good place for dinner. Very good food,excellent service.We always enjoy it very much.Special Features:
- slow servicegrandmacDined on 4/3/2014Overall the meal was wonderful. For the theatre crowd I would recommend a 6:00 dining time as you need the full two hours to get to your show without feeling rushed. We came at 6:15 for a 6:30 reservation and still waited almost an hour for our meal which left us feeling rushed we asked for the bill before dessert arrived so we could save time that way. Would like a more relaxed experience in future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank goodness for second chances!SpoiledrottenDined on 3/27/2014Food/service had been very substandard on a recent visit, the food dry and over cooked and the service inadequate as we had to ask several times for two of the 3 courses. Not what we normally have experienced for our visits to this pleasant, reasonably priced, small restaurant located near the Stanley Theatre. I tried one of the meaty mains on the new menu......yummm! My companion's fish perfectly cooked and well presented. We shared the daily arancine as the starter, substantial enough so that neither of us desired dessert. Wine list well priced and as the reservation was made for just after the pre-theatre crowd exodus, we were able to enjoy the bottle in peace and quiet, with the waitstaff keeping watchful eyes on us. Glad we returned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun dinning experienceGandolfDined on 3/27/2014The food was excellent and even adventuresome. My husband had the wild boar tenderloin which was tender, tasty and delicious. A wonderful neighbourhood gem.... It is popular with the theatre crowd, so if you're looking for a romantic evening, go after 7:45 p.m.!Special Features:
- Weekend DelightJoBurtDined on 3/8/2014Food, service, ambience, daily specials - all of it made for a wonderful evening with friends and family! Will definitely recommend this restaurant to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service at SienaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2014The food and service at Siena was impeccable! Thanks for a great evening out.Special Features:
- Authentic and TastyNickm007VIPDined on 3/5/2014Great little spot. Well priced, tasty and authentically Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location, great foodGeorgeDined on 2/28/2014This is a great restaurant for before theatre dinners however we went after the early show people left. The food is great, the service was great and the waited recommended a great wine. /Well worth going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerYummyVIPDined on 2/28/2014Second time dining at Siena. Good food, good service. A little bit too dark though -- had trouble reading the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit to SienaFirstTImerDined on 2/28/2014The short rib beef ravioli was too salty, and the chicken pasta was not salty enough. The antipasti was very good, and the warm fig cake was excellent! Will have to come back and try other selections!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodtasticDctennisDined on 2/27/2014Fantastic restaurant with all the tools. Great service, great food and an intimate atmosphere.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerpleaseddinerDined on 2/21/2014This was the perfect place for before a Play dinner. The food was excellent, the service friendly, and the ambiance pleasant. It is a small restaurant and was very busy but the service did not suffer. The only negative was the slightly "squashed" feeling from the tables being very close to one another. We would certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre DinnerMelnightoutDined on 2/20/2014We always enjoy our dinner at Siena, a great location. Easy parking, great menu, good service. The only possible complaint I have is I would like to see more BC wines on the list !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotCharmpDined on 2/19/2014To meet friends and enjoy good food and service, love the fresh board! We have been several times, had turned into a favourite dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDeliciousVIPDined on 2/12/2014This is a wonderful neighbourhood jewel and excellent for pre theatre at the Stanley. Specials are interesting and always different. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.