The Mill Kitchen and Bar
590 Mimosa Blvd
Roswell, GA 30075Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Mill Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themillkitchenandbar.com/
- Phone: 7708179345x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday– Saturday: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm: – 9:00pm
Sunday: 12:30pm - 10:00pm
Monday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Limited Mid-Day Menu Available 3:00pm-5:00pm
Late Night Bar Menu Available 9:00pm-10:00pm Tuesday-Thursday
Late Night Bar Menu Available 10:00pm-11:00pm Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Ben Castro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do offer catering for off-site events. Please call the restaurant directly and ask for a manager on duty, or our event coordinator Karin Welte.
- Entertainment: Live music Saturday nights from 7:00pm-10:00pm.
- Special Events: Please follow us on twitter (@themillroswell) for updates on special events like beer dinners, wine dinners, concert series, or anything else!
A word from The Mill Kitchen and Bar
Modernized, Southern Comfort Food in Roswell, GA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Mill Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
The Mill Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (26)special occasion (21)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (20)romantic (15)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)hot spot (7)Show More
- Will want to try this again...msfollyVIPDined on 12/22/2013The food was good, but the night we went there they were out of BREAD? We found this a little strange. Overall, the food was very good, but the service was spotty at best, which took away from the entire experience. WHY do servers sometimes do a reasonable job until it is time to present the diner with a check, and then, when they are about to be paid go totally missing and ignore our pantomimes and verbal pleadings for our check? Needless to say, their tip, and our overall perceived experience went downhill in a hurry. We will try this again, though - the food showed great promise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small group met for lunchwineanddinemeDined on 12/21/2013Small group met for lunch on a Saturday afternoon, and found the restaurant to be ready to accommodate our party. Our server was very knowledge in regards to the menu, friendly and energetic. Our meals were all delicious and the prices were very reasonable. We will return!Special Features:
- ExcellentHowardBoydVIPDined on 12/19/2013From the food to the service everything was excellent! One of the best dining experiences anywhereSpecial Features:
- Great food in a loud atmospheredine4luDined on 12/19/2013It's hard to chose from a menu where everything looks so good. My dish of shrimp and grits was delicious and the chef even came around to all the tables to see how everyone liked the food. The service was adequate too. However, it is not the place to go for dinner if you want to have a conversation. The noise level is extremely loud. Maybe the bar area would be quieter....not sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/9/2013I was so happy when the Mill opened. I gave it a good online review and have been pleased with many lunches there. Love the location, outdoor seating, fried chicken, free kids meals. Unfortunately, it appears to have gone downhill. Service was slow our last visit and almost unbearable this time. The guy seemed more impressed with/ interested in himself than in serving us - like we were lucky to be in his presence - which could be true because of how quickly he put us on the "pay no mind list" after taking our order. As soon as he walked-up to our table, he tried to move us from where the hostess had seated us (more challenging with a kid in a high chair), and it never got any better. All our food was bland - needed seasoning. Sad.
- Delightful lunchSandyDined on 12/6/2013This spot was an unexpected luncheon delight. Service was swift and knowledgable. Food was excellent and well presented. Loved the french fries in their own little fryer baskets. Fun touch! Was very impressed with the Chef visiting each and every table as lunch was winding down to inquire as to the food and service. The noise level was high, but everything else outweighed that one complaint. Can't wait to go back! Oh, and the short rib sandwich was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesFoodienotcookieVIPDined on 12/4/2013Love this place. Amazing f2t food done perfectly. The quail is our favorite but after 3 dinners there we cannot wait to try entire menu!Special Features:
- Great BrunchBrunchVIPDined on 12/1/2013We had a great brunch, the food was delicious and they were very accomodating to our toddler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have received excellentRickDined on 11/24/2013We have received excellent service and outstanding food each time we have been. Highly recommend the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013Great food, good service, enjoyed the bar ambiance. The live guitarist was fantastic! Mew enjoyed eating in the bar area where we were able to enjoy the music. Great options if you are looking to try delicious unique food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Neighborhood FIndFishVIPDined on 11/21/2013Special soup for the day was French Onion- outstanding! Roasted veggie plate changes vegetables weekly but was also wonderful as well as the chicken salad. Service was impeccable. Our monthly ladies' lunch group will definitely be back to this spot very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from start to finishWaldoDined on 11/16/2013Very friendly staff. Very attentive. Food was amazing. I had a mixed green salad that had to be the best salad I've ever had. Seriously. Salad. How could it be that good? It's just salad. Well, it was. Also had a trout wrapped in ham - fantastic (also much fancier than my descriptions sound). Top it off with a flight of craft, draft beers, and it was probably one of the best meals ever. I can't wait to go back and sit on the patio. We were inside, but they had the fire going outside, and it was cold. Looked like an awesome place to enjoy a drink by the fire. In summary, don't go here. I want this place all to myself. (well, ok, go just enough to keep it in business for me)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rainy NightAstockmalDined on 11/15/2013Friday night was perfect! It was raining so it wasn't crowded like a normal Friday night. We had plenty of room, great view of the musician, food was great, and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderful & serviceSouthgagirlDined on 11/15/2013Food was wonderful & service impeccable. Love having a restaurant of this caliber in my neighborhood without having to deal with chaos on canton street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is anotherRoswellGuyDined on 11/14/2013This restaurant is another of the good option in the Historic Roswell district. A bit away from the action and vibe of Canton St., you still are rewarded with good food and better yet, free parking. A farm to table concept, the majority of the menu is local and very fresh. Worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit and I willMandatorynicknamesrstupidVIPDined on 11/14/2013My first visit and I will return. Would like to try dinner. Lunch was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mill Whatever The BillYankeeBobDined on 11/7/2013Outstanding dining experience is what you can expect at the Mill. From beginning to end we were treated with respect, hospitality, and kindness. The wait staff is exceptional. Our waiter even took pictures of us, with his oversized smart phone (he then e.mailed them to us), and he is preparing to begin his doctoral studies in physics at GT. How about that for a special twist? The food was prepared perfectly, it was presented with aplomb and panache, and each bite was delectable as we shared the pork shank and the quail. The pork shank was hard to beat, but the quail was also outstanding. We will return many times because The Mill is simply that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allen was a great server!kmi1VIPDined on 11/3/2013Allen was a great server! He made us feel welcome, checked on us frequently and described dishes well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to this restaurantdbhcluVIPDined on 10/22/2013First visit to this restaurant and we were not disappointed. Very pleasant atmosphere, good food and good service. Chef came to check on us midway through the meal. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Food was OK, service poorpandb2Dined on 10/22/2013The restaurant is very nice inside and out. Great outdoor seating and a fireplace. We ate indoors and it was a very slow night. Nice menu, wine list OK. By the glass, not many options, and it seemed their low end was very low so you had to upgrade to the more expensive glass. Our waitress was terrible. Never came for a drink order for our 3rd person who arrived after us, we had to ask her twice to take her order. She was very rude when asked questions about the menu. I do not live in the area but will not return on any future business trips.
- DisappointedshagoDined on 10/22/2013Sadly, this restaurant is in the countdown to disappear. It's not a matter if "if", but "when". It's a shame, too, because the décor and outdoor dining ambience hit the mark. It's just that everything else misses. When our server didn't return after pouring our water, we had to ask another server to find her. Then, she acted surly for the rest of our meal. Our cocktails were slow to arrive, as was our food. We started with the pigs in a blanket, which had a good flavor, but were not hot. We had the chicken cordon bleu and Reuben sandwiches, which were good, as was the Waldorf salad. One of us had the shrimp & grits, which was greasy and she left most of it. Overall, bad service; just OK to not-so-good food. Not coming back.Special Features:
- Great dinner with friendslmaton2VIPDined on 10/15/2013Been to eat dinner and lunch here about 4-5 times now. Food was always excellent and creative. Only experienced one time where service was not great. Wonderful outdoor patio. Definitely would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the look of this restaurantEmilyDawgFanDined on 10/11/2013I loved the look of this restaurant. We sat inside, but the outside patio looked lovely. There was a fire going as well as some chill live music. It took a very long time for our food to come out, but the staff did apologize and ended up sending out some free bread while we waited. I love the beef short rib that I ordered, but the side that came with it was rather bland. My husband ordered the fried chicken and loved every aspect of his meal. We also got dessert and it was to die for. Our server was obviously new and kind of flakey, but everyone else on the staff was on point. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to RoswellRachelDined on 10/9/2013Group of six of us. I had the steak with Brussel sprouts which was good to almost yummy. Drinks here are great if you want to be adventurous. Lost of whiskey and bacon everywhere on the menu. Deck is great and inside the resturant is beautifully rustic. One friend had the trout and it came overlooked and rough on the presentation. scallops seems to be the best thig one of us ordered. Service was terribly slow but was because the server takes ro guests so much and did not have any back up. please get the device thing worked out as I would love have this resturant around for a long while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food was awesomesolsonVIPDined on 10/5/2013It was a perfect evening. The weather was great, not too warm, not too cool. A nice fire in the outside fireplace. The food was great. The shrimp and grits was a different and unusual combination. The only difficultly for us was the lighting. Had to get the cell phone flashlight out to read the menu. Otherwise, a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodOTPFoodieDined on 9/27/2013First, the menus were a mess. Four food menus were brought to our table. One was different than the others. Two drink menus were brought. They were both different. So a negative tone was set right out of the gate. Regarding the food, it was disappointing. I had the shrimp and grits. The andouille sausage in it is waaaay too hot! It overwhelms the whole dish. My husband had the amberjack. He said it was okay, rather lackluster. One of our friends had the short ribs. He said they were the most tender he's ever had but sadly they had no flavor. Our other friend had the scallops, loved them. We skipped dessert. Tried the deconstructed peach cobbler last time. What a joke. Overall, disappointing. We won't be back unless the chef changes.
- Great, except for...CrystalDined on 9/27/2013A friend and I dined there on a beautiful fall evening. We were seated on the lovely patio. While the road noise from 120 was occasionally intrusive, the real spoiler was the live musician. He sang and played the guitar - loudly, and unfortunately the singing and playing left a LOT to be desired. We could barely carry on a conversation, and it was heaven when he took a break. I couldn't wait to get out of there. It's too bad, as the food was delicious, ans our server was nice and attentive. I'd suggest a more toned-down, less annoying choice of music - or skip it altogether in the early evening hours. While some patrons might enjoy this music, go inside if you'd like to dine in a more pleasant setting (even if it's energetic).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific spot!FabulousDined on 9/24/2013I've heard a lot of people talk about The Mill - finally got to go there. We had a party of 7 and they did a really nice job with outstanding service and some very impressive dishes. My husband and I will definitely go back - hopefully often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Roswell dinning spotJEFFVIPDined on 9/15/2013Food and service was excellent both times we have dined here. We will definitely be back.Very nice touch that Chef Tim came to our table to check on us and our food preparationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable outside diningMizjk72Dined on 9/14/2013Relaxed outside atmosphere, enjoyable entertainment, and good food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & foodJillyk11Dined on 9/14/2013Went there for brunch on Saturday and found out it was only served in Sunday. Could have been disappointing, but the server, food, and atmosphere made it so enjoyable. Everything was fresh and great quality. The server wasn't robotic like some places, but had a great personality and tons of knowledge about the menu. Went out of his way to make sure we were happy and got free desert because our friends had just gotten engaged. Can't wait to go back again and sit by the fire. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great place to dine in Roswell. Couldn't have been any happier with the experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantRickDined on 9/10/2013The Mill is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is very fresh, unique, and tasty. I actually crave some of the menu items, such as the deviled eggs with candied bacon and the chicken salad sandwich on croissant, which is the best I've ever had. Brunch was great also, with a bottomless Mimosa and plenty of choices. I highly recommend The Mill to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their black-eyed pea hummusfit4foodDined on 9/8/2013Their black-eyed pea hummus was great. The rest of the food was so so. Alot of it but nothing wowed us.Special Features:
- Great Food - Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/20132nd time at this restaurant: The 1st was WONDERFUL - food & service!! For our 2nd visit, entrees were excellent (fried chicken and so short-ribs). The appetizers were not the same quality as previously (pimento cheese fritters sauce was not as good). The squash blossom was prepared as a fritter and very bready. When we arrived 45 minutes early, the hostess indicated we would need to wait until our reservation time, although there were empty tables. At the bar, my specialty cocktail took ~20 mins to prepare, because only 1 of the 3 bartenders was making cocktails. We were at our table before I received my cocktail. The hostess seemed annoyed, and our waiter kept us waiting for ~15-20 mins., claiming no one told him that we were his table.Special Features:
- Roswell has a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2013Four of us tried the Mill Kitchen could not be more pleased with the quality of the food and the friendly server. The Chef came out and introduced himself and answered some questions for us. The Fried chicken was batter fried and juicy with a recipe that tops most other chicken batters. Our group also had the scallops and would highly recommend them as well. This place deserves to be patronized and supported. Being up on the square and away for the core of Canton St. means they don't get the walk by traffic. But give them a try.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJackDined on 9/4/2013We love this place for lots of reasons, and we're especially glad it's walking distance from our house. The ambiance, food and service are all terrific - inside or out. It's just across from the historic town square and Barrington plantation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better, food- and ambiance-wisSmaschDined on 9/1/2013Even better, food- and ambiance-wise, than its predecessor Relish, which was our go-to restaurant. Happy to have a gem back in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living social patrons bewareJeffDined on 9/1/2013While redeeming a LS for 'food and drink' at the 'Mill kitchen and bar', I was told that Georgia prohibits the use of Living Social for alcohol. I found this interesting, given the frequency that I use these things. I complained and they honored it, but they won't be seeing me again. Waitress was polite and professional. Food was ok, but not worth wrestling over the bill.
- Great food ... Concerned.FoodienotcookieVIPDined on 8/31/2013The food was amazing! The service was great! However, we were there Saturday night at 7 and there were few people there. So few people that the valet left for his other job during our dinner leaving the keys with the bartenders. Other restaurants further down canton street are booked up busy as can be and the mill had maybe 6 tables full. Concerned about their longevity if this happens frequently.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysIlovehogsDined on 8/24/2013We have been to The Mill several times and have nothing but praise for the staff, food, and the setting. On our most recent visit, we had a Living Social voucher and noticed no change in the excellent service that we've received here in the past. The weather finally let up for a bit and we were delighted to spend a lovely afternoon on the terrace- even though it overlooks a busy traffic area, the tables are set back enough that we weren't engulfed in car fumes and noise. I just wish that they would bring back their March to the Sea cocktail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.