The Mill Kitchen and Bar
590 Mimosa Blvd
Roswell, GA 30075Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Mill Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themillkitchenandbar.com/
- Phone: 7708179345x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday– Saturday: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm: – 9:00pm
Sunday: 12:30pm - 10:00pm
Monday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Limited Mid-Day Menu Available 3:00pm-5:00pm
Late Night Bar Menu Available 9:00pm-10:00pm Tuesday-Thursday
Late Night Bar Menu Available 10:00pm-11:00pm Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Ben Castro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do offer catering for off-site events. Please call the restaurant directly and ask for a manager on duty, or our event coordinator Karin Welte.
- Entertainment: Live music Saturday nights from 7:00pm-10:00pm.
- Special Events: Please follow us on twitter (@themillroswell) for updates on special events like beer dinners, wine dinners, concert series, or anything else!
A word from The Mill Kitchen and Bar
Modernized, Southern Comfort Food in Roswell, GA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Mill Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
The Mill Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (26)special occasion (21)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (20)romantic (15)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)hot spot (7)Show More
- A great addition to RoswellOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/12/2014Although this restaurant is not brand new anymore it was the first time I went to eat there. It lived up to the accolades many of our friends had given it. Great good and ambiance. Will definitely be frequenting this spot for good eats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mill kitchen and barnancycohenDined on 5/20/2014What a beautiful old building, very romantic. Food was delicious, drinks were ambitious. Used locally grown and farmed food. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and the history of the building.Special Features:
- Food, 10. Service 3ATLdinerDined on 5/11/2014The Mill Kitchen and Bar is a lovely place to dine, provided you have set aside enough time for your meal. Although we made a reservation and the restaurant was moderately busy, we were slow to be seated. Once seated, our waitstaff was very attentive, but nonetheless we waited over an hour for our meals. I enjoyed the food, but I'm not sure how often I can fit in such a leisurely dining experience.Special Features:
- not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014.I would not recommend this restaurant. The server was slow, we had to constantly ask for silverware and water.
- Cool Southern FoodAthena42Dined on 5/7/2014My husband and I tried this out for a mid-week date night, and we were seated immediately outside on request (even though our table was reserved inside) in the beautiful weather. Although the sever was a little slow to greet our table, and the bar was backed up for our drink orders, they kept us posted so we wouldn't wonder, and candidly, they were faster than I think they thought they were. The food was exceptional as was the ambiance. I had the pimento cheese fritters and watermelon salad that were both incredible. My husband had the fried chicken and mac n cheese, that he said was some of the best he had had in years. The desserts we creative and pretty tasty, if not to-die-for - we had the deconstructed rhubarb pie and PB&J.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, Friendly StaffClassicSouthernCuisineVIPDined on 5/7/2014The food is very fun and takes a new spin on classics - the drinks are very well made and most of them are reasonably priced. The staff all seem like they really enjoy their job, which makes the experience even more relaxing and fun. Overall, a great place for brunch and after work drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaDined on 4/28/2014We had a late lunch, so the restaurant is almost empty. The service was not great, but we will certainly return.Special Features:
- New favorite lunch spotQuest4foodDined on 4/25/2014The food was absolutely delicious, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the decor has a warm, inviting upscale farmhouse feel. I just can't wait to go back at night to try those signature cocktails!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful patioWinendine84Dined on 4/20/2014I dined at the Mill Kitchen and Bar for the first time recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. My family and I ate there early Sunday evening so there was a relatively small crowd. We sat on the patio, which is beautiful,complete with stone fireplace and views of the Roswell Square. My steak was very tasty and I had a bite of both the fried chicken and meatloaf which were both delicious as well. They have a great selection of draft beer and wine. I was a bit disappointed to find that two items on the menu were no longer available to order, but it was a busy holiday weekend which made it understandable. I will definitely be going back to try some of the other enticing menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findJamesVIPDined on 4/3/2014Good variety of menu items. Acoustics in dining room not good to allow for conversation, regardless of the number of people in the room.Special Features:
- Will give it another try...VernickVIPDined on 3/30/2014We wanted to walk & not many of the places in the area are open for brunch so we tried the Mill. My husband is allergic to gluten so he ordered sausage with eggs & grits. The eggs & sausage was good but he was disappointed that the grits were cheese (not on the menu). I had the french toast which is my fav. It was different, upon seeing it I was willing to try but my third bite was raw. I had a kidney transplant & can't eat raw food so that was out. I did replace it with the house made sticky buns which were amazing! I heard another waitress selling specials, but didn't get to hear them. Really nice space, even though it did seem they were trying to duplicate some of Holman & Finch's brunch, I'd give it another try for more sticky buns.Special Features:
- 2nd time in a row here withOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/25/20142nd time in a row here with issues with food. this time, they were out of 1st 3 wines I attempted to order. (heard someone else ordering prosecco and out of that one too). We asked for bread and were told it was being reserved for a private party upstairs later that evening and "what are you to do when the bride requests lots of bread?" How about making enough food to serve your regular paying customers as well vs just reserving it for later? food was served in a cold cast iron dish (not cooked in it) so food became cold within minutes. If you are going to charge $18 for a slice of meatloaf you have to step it up some. I really want to love this place as its so close by, but so far I've had misses with the food more than anything.
- DisappointingDawnieWanieDined on 3/13/2014I have dined here many times and have loved it. My husband enjoyed the fried chicken. Other food was fair. PBJ had chunky fruit, not kid friendly with large chunks. Chicken and dumplings were like tasteless soup. My favorite short rib dinner was not as tasteful and moist as in the past One bad experience should not outweigh all of the times the food was delicious. Will go again.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningZekeDined on 3/12/2014We three friends tried The Mill for a birthday dinner. First time for all of us. We enjoyed the menu, upscale southern, spinach salad was great, shrimp and grits and seared scallops were wonderful. Dessert was just okay our least favorite part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!~ElleDined on 3/9/2014Loved the decor and the service was great!~ The deviled eggs we so good-u must try!~Perfect for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't believe we haven't been thereGolphin13Dined on 3/2/2014Brunch was amazing. Portions are huge. Bloody Mary bar and bottomless mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.AwesomeDined on 2/28/2014I have been a couple of times. I had a great weekend experience last fall with outdoor live music, everyone was extremely friendly, food was great and my wife and I are still talking about it. Went for lunch Friday and great food, sat inside this time and good atmosphere. Only complaint both times is portions are too small. Everything else was perfect. We really want them to be successful as we love the location!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodkmtrqDined on 2/22/2014Delish sausage and biscuit appetizer. Wonderful fried chicken. Exceptional short ribs,Special Features:
- Great Food and DrinksTommyDined on 2/22/2014Food was wonderfully prepared and taste was great. The dining room we were in was on the small side and voices echoed around the room making it a little louder, however it was not concerning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden in plain sightnicknameDined on 2/20/2014Unbeleivably good food at great prices. Staff is genuinely happy you arrived.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingPorscheSADined on 2/18/2014Have a large group and it is hard to know how many will show up for dinner. The Mill is very accommodating and works with the group to keep us together. Varied menu meets the needs of different palates in the group. Food is comfort food and yet Farm to Table. Love eating here.Special Features:
- Great for lunch meetingEEarlDined on 2/18/2014We had a four person lunch meeting. in the main dining room. The setting was perfect. The room was not very full, so the noise was not bad. I suspect, however, had there been a larger crowd, noise might have been a problem.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchGordonFVIPDined on 2/16/2014Our first visit to this restaurant that left us pleased that we had decided to try it for brunch. What a great server we had-knowledgeable, strong willingness to go beyond in accommodating our requests. Food was quite good. Eggs were done precisely to our direction and the concept of "bottomless mimosas was perfect. Staff made a point of letting us know we were welcome to stay as long as we wanted (Are they French?). We have just added Mill Kitchen to our "regular" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisy!luv2dipDined on 2/15/2014We went for a romantic dinner for Valentine's Day. This restaurant was SO NOISY that we couldn't even enjoy our own company. The food was meh and the waiter was no better. He complained once about not knowing the specials because it was the end of his work week and he was tired and that they were "still seating" him. (it was only 8:30PM!) the entire experience took only 1 hour and was not even worth that time.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great food, wine and drink selection. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Valentine's NightDinerKPDined on 2/14/2014It was a price fixed menu for Valentine's day. Food was great, service was great. Had to wait a little bit for the table but it was valentine's... So I'm not going to knock it. Overall I would like to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2014We went for brunch and it was just good. Nothing was bad, afterall it is hard to screw up a lox plate. One of our friends ordered the SOS which looked good. Next time we will try that.Special Features:
- Mill Kitchen in RoswellFranDined on 2/8/2014The food is all locally grown, and the restaurant makes its own butter and a number of other items. Our salads, entrees, wine and desserts were all delicious. We arrived a little early for our reservation and were immediately seated.Special Features:
- New favorite in Roswell!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014The food is incredible, and the service is outstanding. You can tell the waitstaff is very proud of the restaurant and their attitude shows it. Everything I have tried on the menu is fresh and fabulous. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterkgosdenDined on 1/31/2014This was our third or fourth visit. The food has been good in a comfort food with a twist way. I think that the execution and presentation has improved to much better than average. I had the duck which was cooked a nice medium. The meatloaf, fried chicken and shrimp and grits all got raves from the rest of the party. Very good local beer list on draft and a few interesting cocktails to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out-of-towner!nickyspal2Dined on 1/30/2014Happened to find out about this place because of Roswell restaurant week--great food, nice environment & friendly wait staff! Will go back to enjoy the bar & patio seating when the weather is better...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but poor service!mysterydinerDined on 1/26/2014We went to the Mill for brunch. The food was very good, but our wait person was terrible! We sat for a good 8-10 minutes before he even spoke to us. One of the other servers took pity on us and at least served us with some water. When our server finally came to our table, he never bothered to introduce himself or explain why it took so long for him to acknowledge our presence. He had been to the table next to us many times and had a conversation with the patrons there, but never spoke to us. We had to constantly ask for things that any good server would have made sure that we had, like spoons for our coffee and butter for our biscuits. I hope this type of service was out of character as our food was delicious. Will give it 1 more try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mill -- Restaurant WeekBevODined on 1/24/2014We went for the Restaurant Week menu. We were not offered that until we asked about it and were told "you have to ask for it." The beet salad was good but I've had better at other Roswell restaurants and the presentation was sloppy. The steak was good but not good enough to scarf up. The sticky toffee pudding was dry but the balsamic ice cream accompanying it was delicious! Of course, the ice cream was not made by the restaurant. This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and I am not dying to go back.
- Will be back!LLLJDined on 1/18/2014We had a great time at The Mill. We had reservations for 7:30 and the table wasn't ready. The manager sent us to the bar and paid for a round of drinks. That was very nice and unexpected. The bar area was very energetic and loud - very nice bar! We were seated and then ordered appetizers. They were good. Dinner was delicious. Our table had the fried chicken, scallops, and shrimp and grits. We licked the plates clean. We ordered dessert as well...coca cola cake and something else. Once again, the plates were clean. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can go and sit on the beautiful patio and drink / eat. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spot. Pork shankRobertDined on 1/18/2014Great new spot. Pork shank was a standout as was the Short Rib. Interesting appetizers with a new twist on old favoirites. Very knowledgeable staff, and attentive but not interruptive. Didn't check the wine list as we opted for some very interesting cocktails. Next time for the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh!LeacDined on 1/11/2014Every item on the menu is fresh (no more than 72 hrs passes after it's out of the ground !). My daughter had hummus/pita/veggies, I had the chefs sliders, and my husband had a salad. Very tasty and we will be back Waiter was super friendly and we had a great chat about his PhD in progress, in addition to his Minecraft discussion with my daughter. They have a great patio for spring/summer tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hearty comfort foodHappydanceDined on 1/10/2014Great food and ambience for birthday celebrations. The lobster bisque is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We went here for New Year's Eve with friends and loved it the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatPaulandMaryDined on 12/28/2013Four of us dined. One meal excellent (lamb) three meals good but not great. Staff was attentive and appeared to be doing their best but one of the four meals was very late getting to the table. There wee numerous apologies but no real attempt to make it right. We would give them another try but our expectations will be lower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Entree was the BestnomnomnomnomDined on 12/22/2013I went here for a Birthday dinner with a group of eight. Our server was attentive and had great recommendations. I ordered the sea scallop entree and would definitely order this again. I tried the short ribs, which was also a recommendation from our server, but was glad I went with the sea scallops. I have had better short ribs at other restaurants. They were out of supplies to make one of their cocktails and the banana fritters. Disappointed but it happens. Someone should have made a run to Publix. I will go back but I think I will try Seed first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.