Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant
200 Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $30 and under
Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jackyswaterplace.com/
- Phone: 4013835000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary Asian, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Lin, Ming Liang
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater all special events Eastern and Western style.
- Entertainment: Every Thursday Night 3 piece Jazz band starting at 6:30pm to 10:30 pm
- Cross Street: Stillman Street
- Public Transit: We are located at 200 Exchange Street, Providence, RI. Our restaurant is directly under the Luxury Waterplace condo spaces.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For Lunch time, customer can park at the open parking lot (Citizens Bank Parking Plaza) we offer parking at a discounted rate. In the evening starting at 5pm everyday, we offer complimentary valet parking service.
A word from Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant
Jacky's offers classic and contemporary Asian cuisines, including Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean and more. Revamping traditional Szechuan, Hunan and Hong Kong style cuisines from a fresh perspective, along with the ingenious marriage of Chinese traditional and modern culinary cooking techniques, and presentation styles from the West make for a unique and eclectic dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (77)special occasion (64)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (41)romantic (37)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (22)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (14)late-night find (13)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Beyond DisappointingJadeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Extremely disappointing. Kept a guest without a chair for 15 minutes. Food came to the table completely cold. Manager was relatively unresponsive. For the multiple restaurant errors in a party of 10 the manager took off two vegetables. Never again. No wonder it was the only restaurant which had availability on open table after most had been booked for months due to college graduations.Special Features:
- The following 160 reviews are from the Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant reviews archive.
- Second time is as good as the firstvinnieDined on 5/24/2014Again I took guests to dinner and I was very impressed as were they. It was a Waterfire Night. It was the perfect spot to watch Waterfires. The restaurant was very busy but it did not negatively effect the service. The wait staff was great and attentive. We received very good suggestions from our waitress and help to suggest wine and drinks to complement our meal. I would highly recommend checking this place out. Wonderful evening.Special Features:
- I always feel richerjnog88Dined on 5/13/2014I love going to Jacky's Waterplace because I feel like a different person when I go there. The staff are friendly and helpful, the linens are fantastic and the ambiance is just so rich and distinct. It just feels like a different caliber of restaurant. The food is always fantastic, fresh and prepared the way you ask. There was a slip up this visit though, instead of just Shrimp I got a variety of seafood in my Singapore Noodle. (which I was VERY okay with!) The sushi was fresh and delicious as always. The prices are reasonable for what you receive. All in all I've always had a good experience at this location. The other Jacky's locations pale in comparison.Special Features:
- Enchanting ExperienceMomDayDelightDined on 5/11/2014This is a beautiful setting for some spectacular food. You can enjoy a variety of appetizers, fun drinks, sushi and full meals while you're surrounded by gorgeous view and elegant decor. Albert, the Manager will make your experiwnce shine.... Love it!Special Features:
- always a great time and mealjoanie827Dined on 5/9/2014Always love going to Jackie's for sushi with friends. We just order a bunch and share. No pressure to get up and leave. Drinks are great too.Special Features:
- Good!GGM2Dined on 5/9/2014It was a really nice place to eat. Food was good and the staff was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!luveatingout1Dined on 5/3/2014We have been to Jacky's Waterplace many times now and we are "never" disappointed. Excellent food, drinks and service.Special Features:
- Just Okay/Nothing really stands out3gullsandabouyVIPDined on 5/1/2014Just a plain ordinary meal. Nothing bad, really... Just nothing special either. Valet guys were very nice and friendly.
- Great place for friends and familyRicTDined on 4/30/2014Brought my business associates and had a great time. Food and service was great and the employees bent over backwards to serve.Special Features:
- Date night must doDateNightDined on 4/26/2014We absolutely LOVE Jacky's Waterplace and make a point to go 1-2 (if not more) times a month, we love arriving early to have pre-dinner cocktails with our favorite bar staff so friendly and attentive then off to dinner with our favorite waiter Kenny, always smiling and always going above and beyond. Good company, great staff and awesome food and the best MAI TAI's in the state!!!Special Features:
- Worst service everFridayVIPDined on 4/26/2014Went with out of town guests, horror show. We were a party of 4 and my three out of town guests wanted to only go to this restaurant. We were early for our reservation and seated in a booth in front of the servers area. The waitress was prompt and we ordered three appetizers, All was fine until the waitress told us our main course was coming out and she promptly took my friends appetizer plate away while there was still appetizers unfinished on the table. The waitress spilt oil on the table and did not cover it up with a napkin and we sat and watched this oil stain turn into a BP oil slick! She never refreshed our water nor asked if we wanted anymore drinks, then she took my friends plate away while I was still eating. Worst service !!
- First timeValterDined on 4/25/2014This was my first time at Jacky's. I did not have any issues. The valet, host and waiter were all friendly. The sushi was a little pricey, but I found it to be very good. It appears that most of the seating is near a window, which allows for great views.Special Features:
- Public rudenessOutNAboutVIPDined on 4/23/2014WE were sat at a lovely table at the far end of the dining room with a beautiful view of the Providence skyline in a beautifully scenic dinning room and served equally beautifully prepared 3 course dinner which included soup, sushi. entree and dessert with a bottle of wine. It is a shame that we had not one but two tables next to us that needed to continually play videos on their phones loud enough for all of us to hear. Such thought and work have gone into the dining experience at Jackie's Waterplace Restaurant and it can be cancelled out by the public rudeness of who you might SIT next to. Come on management don't be afraid of saying something and DEMAND the respect that your restaurant deserves !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindvinnieDined on 4/23/2014I have lived in the Providence area for many years and enjoy the fabulous restaurants in the city. I have wanted to try Jacky's but never got around to going. I had some friends coming in from Massachusetts and thought we could meet there. I was concerned because I had not tried it first, but to my surprise it was perfect. We were there at lunch. The service and the ambience was great. The luncheon specials were varied and reasonably priced. We had drinks that were excellently made. We enjoyed our lunch so much we were the only ones there after the lunch crowd left. I have been recommending this restaurant to all my friends. My Massachusetts guests suggested we meet there again for our next meeting.Special Features:
- great ambiancejewell17Dined on 4/18/2014Good ambiance, didnt enjoy the food too much. The cocktail that I had gotten was way too strong and undrinkable, wouldn't reccommend the resyurant.Special Features:
- B day celebrationperfectDined on 4/13/2014Took my dtr. for 42nd birthday. she thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Love this place!! Always greatFoodie27Dined on 3/30/2014Love this place!! Always great whenever I come!! Will be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodJoyRDined on 3/29/2014Hot appetizers are to be hot not cold. Hot duck app was cold sent it back,was still cold. Sent it back again, was taken off bill as it should. Ordered gen. tso's chicken, wanted it spicy, was not even a little spicy. Server was excellent, bad result for food was not his fault. It was my first experience there and I'm not sure i would go back because the kitchen could not follow a servers direction. People pass on their experience and my husband brags about how wonderful this place is. I on the other hand do not agree. SorrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night outAckologicDined on 3/29/2014If you like sushi & Asian cuisine then this place is a nice upscale place to consider. Valet parking starts the evening off to a good start. Intimate and fun environment good for romantic evenings and a night out with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really?JjjjDined on 3/28/2014Mine was a party of 2 and we were seated at a booth that seats 6. I might understand if we didn't walk by no less than six (6!!!!!) tables for 2 that were available. Also, the waiter was not very good - among the options for the pad thai were shrimp, beef, chix, seafood etc... I asked what the seafood consisted of and the answer I got was 'shrimp'. I explained that I saw shrimp was one of the choices, but another was seafood and inquired if it was a mix. Answer - no necks. WTF!!! He meant no little necks or any other clams. When I enunciated the word 'mix' again so we would be clear about what I was asking his answer was 'yes - it's all mixed together'. And no, there wasn't too much noise or any other reason to misunderstand me!!!!Special Features:
- Delicious & Fresh!LovetodineDined on 3/22/2014Have dined here many times. Never a disappointment. Service great, food is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingnightowlDined on 3/22/2014The portions were HUGE! The food was unbelievable! Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Fusion - Yum!jb0362VIPDined on 3/22/2014Dinner was great - we grabbed an early seating - 445 PM (w/2 kids) and requested to sit by a window - No problem! The sushi was great Lettuce wraps w/ Shrimp great Sticky wings - our 6 year old loved them. Great family dining -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!KyleDined on 3/20/2014Great sushi and great views! I had never even heard of this place, but it is pretty amazing. Awesome fish tank in the lobby and great panoramic views of the river area. Sushi was very good.. So was the crab rangoon. Very small beer list, but I guess I'm im the minority for ordering a beer at a sushi place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in nearly every respectmodernyankeeDined on 3/19/2014The food is always yummy and beautifully presented. The duck, chicken, shrimp, lobster and sushi/sashimi are fabulous. Once, the valet's were not around for roughly 10 minutes. Only happened once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting for celebrationRInewbyDined on 3/15/2014Beautiful room overlooking the river. It must be spectacular during Waterfire nights. We chose our meal from the Chinese part of the menu. Everything was well prepared, with the exception of the Peking duck which was dried out, as if it had been prepared a few days before. The steak in black pepper sauce and the vegetables were tasty and cooked the way we asked. It was a lovely experience if you are looking for familiar flavors and well done, predictable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014My son wanted Jacky's to celebrate his 18th birthday. We are all huge sushi lovers and feel Jacky's has the best in Providence. I had the spicy yellowtail and it was fabulous. Their presentation is like art. My husband's meal looked like it could have been a floral arrangement-just exquisite. When asked if we would like more at the end of the meal, we shared that we were on our way home to celebrate with desert. Five minutes later, my son is surrounded with the serenading wait staff and a beautiful plate of gelato. What a nice surprise for all of us. We dine at Jacky's 5-6 times a year and it is always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining favoriteFoodisFunDined on 3/8/2014I have been to Jacky's Waterplace several times and it has been a great experience on each occasion. They offer many selections; the quality is excellent and I always leave feeling satisfied. I definitely recommend it! ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best, if not theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/8/2014One of the best, if not the best oriental restaurants in Providence. The food and the service is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great birthday dinnerPVDeaterDined on 3/7/2014My husband always wants sushi for his birthday dinner. After moving from Brooklyn to Providence 2 years ago, we hadn't found that special birthday sushi restaurant. This year we went to Jacky's and it as perfect! Great ambiance, great food, great service. We'll be back. Oh yes. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time at Jacky'sChrisDined on 3/6/2014This my first visit to your restaurant. We were a group I five celebrating a friends birthday. The food was fabulous and our waitress couldn't have been nicer. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicePaydenDined on 3/5/2014Took 15 minutes after being seated for a waiter to arrive at our table. The restaurant was only 40% full. Understaffed. One bartender for the entire place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and tremendous servicemswoolDined on 2/27/2014The sushi/sashimi were outstanding, presentation was artful, and the service was friendly and very attentive. We're definitely going back. Also saw a gorgeous private dining room. The quality of the fish was second to none, and the serving sizes were extremely generous. Neither my husband nor I could finish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed appetizers and drinksBruceDined on 2/22/2014Enjoyed appetizers and drinks before the theater. Service was excellent and out waiter Justin made sure we were in and out in time for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointing managementFredDined on 2/14/2014It;s a beautiful spot and has great food, but unfortunately management kicked us out of our table after 1.5 hours, even though we had a reservation. Also, had to wait 30 minutes to get car from valet. I will never go back.Special Features:
- Awesome BirthdayleeaannaDined on 2/8/2014I celebrated my 3 kids birthdays here...food as always was great and well paced...our server was exceptional and very friendly we will keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutJS10Dined on 2/1/2014This is a great place for a night out with friends or a romantic evening. Great food and ambiance. we did not get to go outside because of the time of year but we will certainly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Nigth spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/27/2014Good 1st date spot as it is quiet and nicely appointed, you can talk . Next to the river/waterway make it "romantic"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find - but beware of GPSMetrowestDined on 1/25/2014We had a rgeat experience at Jacky's and we'll definitely go back. It was a bit difficult to find and our GPS had us circling downtown Providence but once we arrive we had agreat time. The service was great, food was very good and the atmosphere very energetic. We had sushi, specialty rolls, noodles, pad thai and a few drinks. Only the mai tai failed to impress. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exciting asain cuisineFaronVIPDined on 1/20/2014It was a delightful urbane and most graciously set sushi meal, and the freshness or each course was apparent and lovingly presented. The service was super and the setting on the banks of the Providence river special. great decor to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.