The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
635 N Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA 19341Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.draftingroom.com/
- Phone: 6103630521
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday – 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 11:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:30pm;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
Welcome to The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille. Located in the suburban Philadelphia area, The Drafting Room provides to its guests the finest in dining, beer, spirits and wines. Dine in style in our dining room, or catch a bite to eat in relaxed comfort of our taproom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille - Best Restaurants in Exton ›
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (16)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (8)special occasion (7)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Parents need to be controlledItspartytimeDined on 7/14/2013Restaurants need to be better able to separate people with children from adults trying to have a nice meal out. If you know your kids are going to act up, take them to a childrens place, not where adults are paying a good sum of money to enjoy their meal after working a long day/week. The parents are worse when they try to keep talking to the kids trying to get tem to eat one more bite of num num.... or won't remove the child for a while till they settle down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2013Our visit to The Drafting Room was very enjoyable. Food and service were very good. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent - GREAT BEERSalvatoreVIPDined on 7/3/2013Great beer selection. Efficient waitstaff, gluten free menu, excellent specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice improvement over past yearOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2013We hadn't been to the Drafting Room in a little while. The last time we weren't overly impressed with the quality and inventiveness of the dishes. But things have changed. Around the table, everyone was very happy with their food. The flavors and preparation were all spot on. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the rough in ExtonRowdyDawgDined on 6/15/2013This was my first time dining at the Drafting Room. The service was really superb, the food presentation was truly amazing. As someone who was in the food industry for many years I was very impressed with the whole experience of dining here. I plan on going back again. The only gripe I could have is that the menu selection was really limited, but for the items they do offer, I really would recommend this place to anyone to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great craft beer tasting in ExtonfilledToTheGillsDined on 6/9/2013This was our third visit to The Drafting Room, with the quality of the experience outstanding every time. The Sunday brunch is excellent! We also enjoy the number of great, hard to find craft beers that are offered at this restaurant. For a Chester County resident, to find a similarly exciting beer menu you would need to travel either to Philly or another county (with great suburban beer offerings still only sparsely available).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had dinner there severalLeslieDined on 6/8/2013Have had dinner there several times and food was excellent. Had lunch there a few days ago with six others and we all felt food was just so-so and between us we ate five different meals. Perhaps lunch entrees just aren't of the same caliber as dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2013This restaurant has had a variety of different names. The food was Ok.Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful service.EpicurionDined on 6/6/2013Great food, wonderful service. Reasonable prices! Desserts are 'to die for'!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing trip to Drafting RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/1/2013We have been going to Drafting Room since it opened but have not been there in a while. We went for dinner and found it to be lacking in ambience-- shoddy appearance, uncomfortable warm (we asked our server to check to see if the AC was on), very limited dinner menu. This used to be a fun, "neighborhood gem" but it's charm has faded. The food was ok but our server was attentive and made sure our littlest diner was served almost immediately. I don't know that we'll go back any time soon.
- Good food and beerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2013First time visitor. Good ribs and scallop specials as well as the brisket. Beer selection was good (not great). Good portions and attentive service but the place was not busy on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. We were a party of six and will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem sums it upSalvatoreVIPDined on 5/24/2013Excellent varied moderately priced menu. Extraordinary beer selection. Better than most wine selection. Friendly efficient service (like good umpires, you get what you need without noticing they're there.). Specials that are special. We were a group of 8 and wanted to have a place that we could talk without shouting. The room was packed and we were able to enjoy each others company. This is a place where you know ingredients roll in the back and well prepared dishes come out of the kitchen. I didn't spot ANYTHING that wasn't prepared from scratch. I can't say enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but below average serviceCCOZDined on 5/18/2013The prices of the entrees ($19-$28) were fairly high given the quality of the service. Also, it is weird to be eating such nice food with so many TVs in the dining room. The Drafting Room has a very extensive bar list (hence the name), but our waitress only gave us one menu. We ordered two kinds of cheese that were served on the same plate with some pairings, but the waitress just plopped down the plate and took off without saying which thing was which. Lastly, and I know this is picky, but all the glasses were cloudy and the plates were all smudgy. While the food was good, the service and ambiance could be improved.I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall great placeJanetDined on 5/4/2013Restaurant is small compared to chains which is a delight. Menu was small but interesting. Appetizers included cheese and meats and drinks included a massive beer list. You got a lot of food for the price, so the value was great. Even the appetizer had a lot of food. Service was very good, however, it isn't the 5 star place, but more relaxing and comfortable with 5 star food. I will definitely go back and recommend as a great local find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic brunch and the EggsjjhellerVIPDined on 4/28/2013Fantastic brunch and the Eggs Benedict is wonderful. I love the draft beer choices at the Drafting Room. The server was extra attentive and had a great attitude!Special Features:
- Disappointed in our lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2013Disappointed in our lunch this time. Have eaten there before and had much better food. Had the "Soup and..." Lunch option. Soup was a tasteless seafood chowder. The sandwich was great - wonderful ham and cheese on black bread! A serving of pasta salad accompanied the sandwich; it, too, was pretty much flavorless. Don't feel I should need to salt to give food flavor. Portions were generous. Waitress very attentive. Will try again.
- Food was very good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Food was very good, service was good, and price was reasonable. We will be going back again in the near future.Special Features:
- We've been going to the DraftingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2013We've been going to the Drafting Room for over fifteen years. The food is always wonderful, the menu is changing (not constantly) but the restaurant keeps it fresh. The staff is always friendly and courteous.Special Features:
- I had a wonderful BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013I had a wonderful Birthday Dinner and we always enjoy the food. Thank you.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013Although our waitress provided great service, the food was less than desirable. First, what restaurant DOES NOT offer regular unsweetened iced tea? 1 - The Drafting room - I do not drink alcohol but 3 of our party do and that is what prompted us to go to the restaurant that night. The special salmon had a sauce the consistency of apple sauce and the mashed potatoes were dry and lumpy - with almost no taste. I ordered a cheese plate and received something that I would expect from a high dollar niche restaurant in New York - a paltry serving of cheese with a quarter size sauce of something with cashews and two slices of small bread. $5 dollars for this seemed way over priced. Of the 4 of our party I was the only one who finished my dish.
- The Drafting Room has a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2013The Drafting Room has a wonderful craft beer list, both draft and bottles. The food is wonderful, with rare finds. It's definitely not your typical bar/pub food!Special Features:
- Great restaurant - have toSnapVIPDined on 4/4/2013Great restaurant - have to always order the peanut butter pie!Special Features:
- Surprising find!JamesKVIPDined on 3/30/2013Great find!! I only expected a brew pub but the food was far beyond my expectations.Special Features:
- The Drafting Room is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013The Drafting Room is consistently one of the finest dining experiences in Chester County! I never have to worry about the quality of the food or service when I bring visitors to this restaurant.
- Great selection of craft beer,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/25/2013Great selection of craft beer, good food, and friendly staff.Special Features:
- For beer loversOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2013Outstanding beer selection and the friendliest staff you'll find anywhere!Special Features:
- Very good food, varied menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Very good food, varied menu, excellent service. Although we did not have the beer, there was a very wide selection. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Hadn't been to the DR forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2013Hadn't been to the DR for a few years, didn't seem much different. Food was good, sandwich was over the top big, ended up sharing one w/friend and taking one home. Our server was really nice and helped us out ordering dessert so we didn't overindulge. Good casual dining spot for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- This is out second time toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013This is out second time to the restaurant, first was over 5 years ago, and we thought the dinner menu choices were very nice and the family enjoyed the food and service. The staff was very friendly. They have a huge beer selection which is their niche, but their food was good too. The wife had the brisket and I had the paella.Special Features:
- We sat in the area betweenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013We sat in the area between the main dinning room and the bar so the ambiance was not as nice as could be. The food was good. What I like best is the selection of beers. We will definitely be back.
- The menu provided excellentTravelTomVIPDined on 3/9/2013The menu provided excellent choices and I was happy to share my dinner with my date to enable getting a variety of tastes.Special Features:
- The service was great. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The service was great. Our waiter was very nice, and the ambiance was excellent too. I recommend this place for anyone looking for a date night.Special Features:
- Awesome tucked away foodie findOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2013My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with the menu. The choice of starters, cheeses & meats reminded us of a metropolitan foodie find... the gourmet menu is all made in-house which explains why everything was amazing. My husband had the mussels-vindaloo sauce, which he was so excited to see on the menu. The brisket was tender and true to Texas style bbq. The decor and ambiance is really very modest but nice and doesn't match to the menu, but we really didn't care because we were so thrilled with the menu pairings and selections.Special Features:
- Accommodating kitchen and staffPaul55VIPDined on 3/2/2013Some in our party had special dietary needs (soy and gluten free) and our server was extremely helpful and accommodating, as was the chef.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2013It was quiet enough to talk easily, but the dining room was cold, so be sure to wear a sweater. We both had the mushroom soup--it's always very good, hearty with thick slices of a variety of mushrooms. I had one of the specials--peppercorn encrusted pork tenderloin medallions withe garlic roasted mashed potatoes and tarragon succotash. The flavors were delicious, and the pork was very tender. The serving was large enough that I took half of it home for lunch the next day, and it was just as tasty re-heated. My husband enjoyed the crabcakes. We split a very large slice of the peanut butter pie. We would get that again the next time we go. The food and service were excellent!Special Features:
- First time here! We lovedRobbinVIPDined on 2/17/2013First time here! We loved the brunch, very good food and friendly staff.Special Features:
- The nachos were amazing asOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The nachos were amazing as always and the Ale french onion soup was so good.Special Features:
- HeatherOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013As always, food and service were superb. This is always a "go to" place for us when we want a good meal or want to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good food but we did not likeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Good food but we did not like the TV's in the dinning area. Not very romantic.