The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
635 N Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA 19341Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.draftingroom.com/
- Phone: 6103630521
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday – 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 11:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:30pm;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
Welcome to The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille. Located in the suburban Philadelphia area, The Drafting Room provides to its guests the finest in dining, beer, spirits and wines. Dine in style in our dining room, or catch a bite to eat in relaxed comfort of our taproom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (25)great for brunch (19)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Drafting RoomJamesDined on 5/25/2014They have an excellent brunch and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchgrammyDined on 5/25/2014wide variety of well prepared food items ran the gamut: from bagels & lox and eggs benedict to seafood to prime rib and a sweet table. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Omelet/meat carving stationLabLoverDined on 5/25/2014The person making the wonderful omelets, should not also be the person carving the meat. The place was pretty busy, but not crazy, but he could not do both - handling 2 omelets at a time - we who were not wanting an omelet had to wait way to long for a piece of meat.Special Features:
- Great BrunchBillFDined on 5/25/2014Drafting room has a great Sunday Brunch, one of the best in the area. Excellent selection of well prepared food and a nice atmosphere. Staff is always cheerful and take good care of the customers.Special Features:
- HappyBDayGirlDined on 5/25/2014I've been here many times and it is always very good. This time, my family and I had an excellent brunch, with a terrific variety of breakfast and lunch items to choose from. The Bloody Mary I had was just spicy enough to kick start my day. Then I ate so much that I didn't even think about food again until about eight hours later. The restaurant was quite busy, but the staff could not have been more pleasant or attentive. I highly recommend brunch at the Drafting Room!Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinnerElALVIPDined on 5/17/2014We were there with 11 people for my son's birthday. The food was good, but the server seemed a bit overwhelmed. She would ask one of us what we wanted and miss the rest of the group. All in all, it was a good experience. There's a very good beer selection, and a good variety of choices on the menu. I found some sand in my mussels, but the flavor of the sauce was good. The salad was very good. This is a good place for an upscale casual meal with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service, loud, just ok foodmndagabrielleDined on 5/10/2014Terrible service throughout the meal despite a ton of staff running around. It took minutes to noticed by a hostess and once seated out waitress just shouted questions at us while serving other tables. It took 10 min to get drinks, and so long to get appetizers that we forgot we ordered them. The only time we received decent service was when the rest of our section cleared. And even then it was still noisy! We had to shout at each other. Better off sitting at the bar where it is ironically quiet. The food was ok- filet, lumpy mashed potatoes and steamed green beans-but expensive for what you got. For 4 people, without dessert, $150 is way too much for that experience. We won't be coming back.Special Features:
- ThymThymVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food from the Appetizers to the Main Course was not hot, and the french onion soup was so bland Campbell s makes a better canned soup. The wait staff was not very attentive. Won't be back ever.
- Happy HourGirlsoutDined on 3/24/2014Met some friends at the Drafting Room for Happy Hour so our food choices were bar foods. The sliders and wings were very good. Service was adequate. We sat in the dining room which was conducive to talking. All in all it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after all these yearsfoodsnob84Dined on 3/23/2014I haven't been to the Drafting room for quite a while. And I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Awesome service, wonderful food, huge variety of both hot and cold items. Glad to see the Omelet and Carving stations are still a fixture. This place is still a relevant and professional destination. Kudos!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night dinner and music!BestbobVIPDined on 3/22/2014Offered both quiet dinner in the restaurant or choose the bar which was first come first serve.. which we did and were seated before we finished our first drink. They had live music from 8:30 till 11:30 taking requests made it a great night out not just dinner. The menu had lots of fun choices all great and a good value as well. In this area where I live you would have to pass by 100 restaurants traveling 30 minutes to get there and it was well worth it,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014The service was out of this world! For this reason we will return. The crab and corn chowder was great however the main entrees were just average. The mashed potatoes lacked flavor and the broccoli was too crunchy. The pork chop was tasty but not amazing. They have a nice menu with a lot of potential but the actual food was not as good as we hoped. Will try again.Special Features:
- Nice MenuCliftonGalVIPDined on 3/19/2014I was I the area on business with a colleague and this restaurant was recommended. We enjoyed the food and service. Both were very good.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchBarb57VIPDined on 3/9/2014It was our second time there for brunch and we were not disappointed! Food was great with a nice selection. Recommend this to friends for brunch that is reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good placeAtlanta01VIPDined on 3/5/2014The food was good and service good as well. Nice place.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchbowegDined on 3/2/2014I have been wanting to try their Sunday Brunch for almost a year and finally went this past Sunday. It did not disappoint. There was a nice variety of foods and everything was hot. My favorite was the crab benedict that you order as part of the buffet. It was delicious! I will definately be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really really good foodSadieDined on 3/1/2014We loved it here! The food was out of this world and great draft beer list! Our server was super funny and attentive! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Birthdayavalvar17Dined on 3/1/2014Had a very enjoyable time. The waitress was awesome. She fulfilled everyone's needs. Will be happy to return again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dead on Friday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Probably bad sign that our group of 4 were the only ones in the bar at 11pm on a Friday night. Not a very popular place in Exton.
- nice dinnerkristinDined on 2/28/2014Friendly and welcoming service. Server was wonderful. food was very good and wine choices were good as well. it is a bit noisy at dinner, but we would come back again, just a bit later in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried chicken sanwich wascrphillyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Fried chicken sanwich was very good. Raspberry iced tea lacked any flavor. Mussles were good sized portion with sweet potato fries on top. Not a fan of Sweet Potato fries they serve with everything, but outside of that I would go back again.
- We were celebrating a birthdayBeanieDined on 2/16/2014We were celebrating a birthday and the waitress gave us enough time to have cocktails, open presents, and have a great time while we were there. We all agreed the food was delicious and would return soon. The price is right for the amount of good food that you receive!Special Features:
- Yummo!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2014Delicious food. A step above in culinary choices while maintaining an impressive beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahi tuna to die forAnnyDined on 2/1/2014We went for a birthday dinner and all 5 of us were happy with our entrées. My peppercorn blackened ahi tuna with lemon preserve risotto and grilled asparagus was exceptional. Always something new to try. My husband loves the extensive beer list with its variety of bottled beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerchesterspringscoupleDined on 1/25/2014Saturday night out. Made an 8pm res, but based on crowd, looked like we didn't need it (may have been due to weather). We sat in the bar anyway to hear the live music that was starting at 8:30. I got Texas BBQ Brisket (recommended by the server) and wife got seafood fettuccine. Mine was very good, not spectacular, but hers was excellent! Great blush sauce and lots of nice plump shrimp plus crab meat. All in all, a very good dinner. Worthy of coming back again for sure. Server was attentive, but not especially friendly.
- Good choicesocloseDined on 12/31/2013The food was very good and the specials were varied. We were there early on New Year's Eve, the specials included a Lobster Ravioli, Lamb and Steak. Our server was excellent. The beer selection was excellent as well including many on tap. This is a nice spot for locals.Special Features:
- half and halfLAHMDined on 12/29/2013Sun. Brunch buffet ~. My husband like his shrimp cocktail, and omelet w/ bacon and mushrooms. My spinach, mushroom and cheese omelet was just so so. The only other things I could try were home fries which were cold with so many forkfuls of skins left on the onions, and pasta salad which had too much mayo and not enough flavor. I am highly anaphylactic to pork and shellfish so it disturbed me that the chef was proud that he wipes out pans after each omelet w/ a bleach soaked rag. A bleach soaked rag that gets used on every pan, regardless of what was in the pan, is not very smart. You're just carrying bits of whatever from all the other omelets.
- Great Meal!ivesman19Dined on 12/19/2013My wife and I visited The Drafting Room for our Anniversary. We were very pleased with both the service and the food (the cheese dishes were very good!). We have also been for Sunday brunch and were much impressed. The Drafting Room will be a go-to night out or special occasion destination from now on. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningWineanddineDined on 12/7/2013Great for a casual evening out. Large craft beer menu but they make a great martini. Excellent specials to choose from and the regular menu looks good. Desserts somewhat limited but we are not big dessert eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was soooo goodLeslieGatchelVIPDined on 12/7/2013Food was amazing. Kitchen was able to accommodate my food allergy beautifully. Warm, pub-ey atmosphere was great on a cold winter's night. Great beer and cocktail menu too. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always good food!NicoleVVIPDined on 11/29/2013We go here when we know we want really good comfort food. Prices are fair for what you get.Special Features:
- Good but disappointingMenbabyDined on 11/10/2013Food was very good but I only wanted 2 things...a mimosa at brunch with no pulp (not an option) and a Belgian waffle with strawberry topping as on website( not available ). So I had to order something else which was fine but not what I had intended. Disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matt Cermanski--The Voice--11/9/13SueTDined on 11/9/2013There was a minor mix-up with our reservation. The manager immediately remedied the situation and checked on us a few times to make sure we were happy. The service and food were great. I would return again and recommend it to others. I am rating the noise level as energetic because we sat in the bar to watch the entertainment. We made reservations to watch him. There were four ladies who came to watch him because they had their picture taken with him. I don't know why they came. They constantly talked loud and didn't watch him perform at all. They were seated right in front of him. I imagine he was very annoyed. They were so RUDE. When we walked out, we noticed the rest of the people in the restaurant seemed quiet and respectful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchBarb57VIPDined on 10/27/2013Great place to go for Sunday Brunch. Food and service was excellent and it was not too overwhelming! Pricing was a great deal. Plan to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor selection and qualityCusaDined on 10/20/2013Poor selection and quality of food at Sunday brunch. Plus the restaurant had a dingy look and feel to it. Definitely not worth the money at $17/person for a brunch. Breakfast at Denny's would have been better.
- Always SatisfiesSimpleFoodieDined on 10/19/2013We dine here from time to time. The service is always friendly, the menu is surprisingly varied for a local pub/restaurant, the execution is very good. Big beer list, good atmosphere, and not too noisy to be able to converse with friends while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotDcrspankVIPDined on 10/7/2013For nearly 20 years my family and I have enjoyed the atmosphere , service and food at the Drafting Room. It is a great local spot. I went with my friends on Monday to watch baseball and football games and the service was very good and the food was consistent as always. The neat thing about the Drafting Room is the range if beers from complementary local home brews to other craft beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not real easy to findChaseydujacDined on 10/2/2013Well, to start off...the hardest thing is to find the restaurant...it's in a little strip mall, their sign does not stand out and the sign by the road (we went at night) was not lighted. Once there we easily were seated...it was not busy at all...not sure why we needed a reservation. The wait staff was great. The food was very good. I had Paella, another had a steak...looked great and the third in our party has crab cakes...(large and very nice). Great selection of beers etc. Overall a great find...literally...Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchSkipDined on 9/29/2013The Sunday Brunch is excellent. It has a broad variety of choices including seafood, a carving table, an omelet table and standard breakfast fare and deserts. The brunch is very moderately priced.Special Features:
- Great Food, awesome beer selection!YoSchloDined on 9/28/2013We love this place! We come here monthly to check out the seasonal food and beer selections. The September menu is great but I cant wait for the Octoberfest beer and foods.The blackend grilled shrimp app was unbelievable and the turkey burger is back! Love, love, love the Greek salad with salmon! This is also "sports fan" (and teen) friendly because they have large screen TVs in one room outside of the bar. The waitress we had was very knowledgeable about the menu and the draft beer specials. She was very kid friendly and made AMAZING chocolate milk! I wish I knew her name so I could give her a shout out! Prices are very reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.