92 East Main St.
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tingrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6314257788
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Ting
Come and experience our modern Asian cuisine! You won't be disappointed!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Ting reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)special occasion (14)romantic (9)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Pleasantly surprised, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2013Pleasantly surprised, good sushi, attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEnjoysfoodDined on 8/17/2013The food options are always exciting and different. The fish is always fresh and flavorful. The wait staff is helpful and friendly. Make sure to leave room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and decor - will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013I first tried this place about 5 years ago when they were Dao and then they changed owners a few times over the years since originally opening. I was really impressed with the quality of the food (very large jumbo shrimp that were delicious) and their presentation. The butternut squash soup with coconut shrimp was presented with first some edamame and a couple of breaded shrimps in a bowl by themselves, and then our server took a small separate decanter and poured the butternut squash thick broth into my bowl. It was a pretty small portion, but my entree was such a large portion that I was glad that was all I ate first.Special Features:
- Best Sushi I've had in a long time!Momof3Dined on 8/3/2013The sushi was awesome!!!! I haven't had sushi this good in a really long time! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to have great sushi. I was hesitant to go here based on what the previous restaurants were at this location but I am so glad I went. I will be visiting again real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worse Food Experience on LIAlinaVIPDined on 8/3/2013We dine weekly at fine restaurants, checking OT reviews before dining. We avoid chinese, but based on OT reviews decided to give Ting a try. We stuck mostly to appetizers, all poor. Included coconut shrimp-deep fried, oily, barely any coconut, mostly breading (they'd do better withTJ's frozen coconut shrimp-far superior to Ting's that left bad after taste. We also had duck appetizer -but instead of duck, we got fried, oil drenched flat bread with a small piece of duck fat, & tiny piece of salad green soaked in sweet sauce. The miso cod ok, but barely any miso. I never have GI problems, but did after eating at Ting. Ambience reminded us of a work cafeteria & noisy on Sat. Maybe should have had sushi, but other places on LI for great sushi.
- I love sushiKjizzleDined on 8/2/2013You need to try these three rolls ... Huntington, Tokyo and Godzilla they r really great! Pretty much anything I order is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi And StuffsmkeysDined on 7/20/2013Although not cheap, those that had sushi enjoyed it and my shrimp dish was light and delicious.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedPapaBearDined on 7/16/2013Our friends love this place, but we could not appreciate the food or the value. They don't know how to serve Peking (Beijng) Duck at all. Tuna pizza appetizer was the best of our experience.Special Features:
- Artistic, GREAT foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2013the food at Ting is delicious and BEAUTIFULLY served. We had Peking Duck, Rock Shrimp Tempura and Cerviche to begin then a variety of sushi for dinner - everything was fresh, yummy and artistically served... LOVED this restaruant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ting is the ThingNANCYKDined on 7/5/2013my husband and I really look forward to dining at Ting,it is very nicely decorated and has an elegant Asain flare . Our Server Ria was very friendly, helpful and attentive. I love spicy and she recommended Malaysian Sambal Chicken which I thoroughly enjoyed, the Cocktails are also terrific and yummy .. We recommend Ting to all our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Graduation CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2013We took our family and our close relatives to Ting after our daughter's graduation. The service was very attentive and served correctly and consistently. The staff was very pleasant. The sushi especially and other dishes we had were prepared meticulously and beautifully presented. The sparerib appetizer and the Angel Roll were standouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!gilpeyshayDined on 6/22/2013Our party of 9 chose Ting to celebrate our daughter's graduation from high school. Everything was perfect! The ambiance, the service and especially the food! The cost was very reasonable for the quality and portion size. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013This was my first visit. Immediately upon arriving we were greeted by a lovely hostess. Everyone working there had a smile on their face which leant to the cheerful atmosphere. Service was timely and courteous. The food was fresh and delicious. The presentation was simple and artfully arranged. The decor is pleasing and modern. The restaurant is spacious and clean with good lighting. I will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2013I saw reviews that were good so my fiancé and I tried it. The food and service were very good. They had a special appetizer salad of crab, avocado, mango and strawberries that was excellent. It would even make for a good healthy dessert. Waiter was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- ExcellentBAK1017Dined on 5/25/2013My husband and I celebrated our Anniversary at Ting. Good food, good ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise!DineoutFavDined on 5/20/2013We visited Ting for the first time on a recent weeknight. Restaurant was very peaceful and calm. Not crowded. Surroundings are lovely. We went with our.2 daughters who also enjoyed being in the restaurant. They have the best won ton soup on the planet. Food was delicious beautifully presented and the perfect size for a family of four. Looking forward to returning to Ting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific initial experienceWaltDined on 5/4/2013We held a birthday dinner there recently for a party of 14, including adults and children. No one in our party had ever gone there before. Every single person was thrilled with the total experience -- food, service and atmosphere. The staff could not have been more accommodating. It was a truly terrific initial experience. We will definitely return again... and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent service and presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2013The soups were both flavorful and served hot to taste. The cream of zuchinni soup was a good consistency, with an asiago cheese compliment that gave it a nice kick. The Yom Tom soup was full of shrimp, tomatoes and mushrooms. Ideally, the shrimp and veggies could be cut up more so that they would be easier to eat. Pineapple fried rice had an appropriate amount of kick to it, given the raisins, pineapple, cashews and peanut sauce. It was served in a half pineapple making it pleasing to look at. Chicken teriyaki was flavorfull with mixed vegetables. The server added $2 extra to the price which was not mentioned when I asked if they could do fried rice instead of white. This was frustrating. The overall service was attentive.Special Features:
- very limited lunch menu, butDissatisfiedVIPDined on 4/28/2013very limited lunch menu, but decent food overall. Some of the food was somewhat bland, other items were very tasty, but overall very fresh food (no heavy, oily/greasy feeling after eating this food).Special Features:
- What a great place for dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/27/2013What a great place for dinner, especially on weekends if you don't want to deal with the Huntington parking. Much better than alternatives in area. Food is very good and consistent with an interesting menu and specials. Service is always outstanding. A must try.Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/20/2013The service was excellent. Our server was extremely attentive and friendly. The sushi and sashimi were so fresh and delicious! The edamame was way too salty. But overall we had a great time and will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Food is amazing, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2013Food is amazing, especially the sushi! They have great "Happy Hour" promotions at the bar. Service could use some help, somtimes it's very hit or miss as to whether your order will come out correct because at my last visit our waiter had no idea what was in any of the dishes we ordered.Special Features:
- Good food, clean, nice waitstaff.MrsCDined on 4/11/2013Good food, clean, nice waitstaff. Great place becoming a regular for me!Special Features:
- Five of us had dinner thereJudysDined on 3/31/2013Five of us had dinner there on Easter Sunday. We ordered tempura & chicken satay for appetizers. Sex on the beach roll, tri-color sushi and house sushi for our main courses. The food presentation was beautiful and everything was delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistantly very very good.JeanneVIPDined on 3/23/2013Consistantly very very good. Beautiful presentation and friendly efficient staff.
- THe food is good again!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/23/2013The food is good again! This location has been through quite a few changes but it is worth trying again. Both the Salmon and the Sea Bass were spectacular.Special Features:
- Service,presentation and qualityBobsDined on 3/22/2013Service,presentation and quality of food were all excellent. New find that merits return visits.Special Features:
- We've been there twice nowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We've been there twice now and we have loved every second of each experience. Get the sushi tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are usually skeptical aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2013We are usually skeptical about eating in Asian Fusion places. We tried Ting for dinner and were pleasantly surprised! The basil chicken dish was outstanding. It was seasoned to perfection. My husband had sushi. The only negative was that the sushi was served on ice. He prefers sushi at room temperature. The miso soup was better than what we usually get. They have many varieties of tea and a full bar. The prices are reasonable but don't expect huge portions! They have a fixed price menu option. Our server was very friendly. We sat next to a huge tank containing exotic and very beautiful fish. Very peaceful. We look forward to going back to sample more of the menu.Special Features:
- Very attentive wait staff.JeanneVIPDined on 2/1/2013Very attentive wait staff. Excellent presentation. Food was delicious. Even though this building has changed establishments quite frequently, I recommend giving this new place a try. I know I will.Special Features:
- Loved our dinner at Ting.dddddVIPDined on 1/26/2013Loved our dinner at Ting. Menu is creative-- food was delicious. They offer the classics plus some unique entrees/apps. Service was excellent-- very welcoming, friendly & attentive. Even the bartender was helpful & accommodating. Didn't love the space- felt cavernous, wide open, lacking in ambiance. But we loved that they had a big parking lot--its away from the main town area, where parking is terrible. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Really top notch Asian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/26/2013Really top notch Asian food. Superb sushi. Varied menu.Special Features: