32 Railroad Ave.
Glen Head, NY 11545Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://heirloomtavern.com/
- Phone: 5166866633
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kent Monkan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Heirloom Tavern
Coined as an "American Gastropub" by owner and Head Chef Kent Monkan, the Heirloom Tavern offers its customers the finest food and greatest company Long Island has to offer. Some of our main courses include Painted Hills steaks, potato-crusted Chatham cod, and fettuccine lobster carbonara. Stop in for drinks or dinner!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Heirloom Tavern - Best Restaurants in Glen Head ›
Heirloom Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (57)special occasion (21)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (14)hot spot (13)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Happy Summer!foodfanVIPDined on 6/19/2014Loved eating outside with friends! Chilled cucumber & crab soup was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and MoreDaleTyVIPDined on 6/18/2014Wide food selection - from sandwiches to salads to high-end entres. Tried sandwiches and daily specials. Everything excellent. Service is a little slow but not a big issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- velogreeneDined on 6/15/2014Second time we are here. Food very good and creative (if not cutting edge). Heirloom not busy on Father's Day but still seemed understaffed (but waitress was very pleasant just a little harried). Some technical difficulties in the kitchen limited selection.Special Features:
- Still a favorite!foodfanVIPDined on 6/15/2014If you haven't enjoyed the outdoor space yet, give it a try. A lovely oasis in which to sample some delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experienceGingerVIPDined on 6/14/2014the food was delicious. the service was a little rushed.Special Features:
- One couple's opinionLegaleddDined on 6/12/2014Food delicious, prices reasonable and service was fine. But the restaurant is too small, the tables too close and the noise level very high. And this was mid week. Despite all the positives, not in a rush to return.
- LindaBRNDined on 6/11/2014This was our first time at Heirloom Tavern and it was exceptional!! The food was fresh and very unique. My husband had the swordfish and I had the Horseradish crusted Salmon. The kimchee zucchini and sweet potatoe sides blended so beautifully with the Salmon. We would highly recommend this restaurant. Our only disappointment was that the cappucino machine wasn't working, but the complimentary cheesecake for my husbands bday was very thoughtful and delicious and the presentation was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rab4VIPDined on 6/9/2014The food was very good, as always. The service that night was not as good as it usually is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heirloom TavernCilantroDined on 6/7/2014Excellent Lobster tacos. The outdoor seating in the back is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv4foodLuv4foodDined on 6/6/2014Love love love this place. Great menu (awesome shrimp lettuce wraps) very nice staff and never dissapointed. Just like the other place this one is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceLaneDined on 5/27/2014Enjoyed our meal. Food was prepared well....Service was good.....Special Features:
- Fabulous find!!WARRENVIPDined on 5/27/2014We absolutely LOVE this restaurant.....the food is amazing and the people who work there are friendly, professional and very engaging.Special Features:
- Food very good, noise unbearable.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014My husband and I used to frequent this spot when it was "On3", and the food is still very, very well done. My big complaint is the noise level. The interior design of the restaurant utilizes mirrors on the walls, I suppose to give the impression the long, narrow space is bigger (there really is no disguising this fact). As a result, the hard surfaces of the mirrors create an acoustical nightmare. Couple that with no screen between the bar area and an adjacent dining area, what could be a romantic dinner results in me and my husband shouting across the table to one another, or our friends, just to be heard, only exacerbating the problem. I wish I could say this is just a weekend phenomenon, but it occurred on a weekend night as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It! Loved It! Loved It!kateVIPDined on 5/23/2014Getting a reservation is not easy, but it's certainly worth the perserverance. Plan ahead for your next great meal. Can't wait to go back. P.S. great drinks tooSpecial Features:
- A SPECIAL PLACEMARIEPINK7Dined on 5/16/2014WE LOVE GOING TO HEIRLOOM TAVERN (DATE NIGHT) THE FOOD IS ALWAYS GOOD. WAITERS ARE ATTENTIVE AND THE ATMOSPHERE IS PERFECT FOR A NEIGHBORHOOD SPOT MAKE RESERVATIONS EARLY .....SO HAPPY IT'S AROUND!Special Features:
- Not What We ExpectedBubbeVIPDined on 5/16/2014Very disappointed. I expected more from Kent since he came out of Matt Hisager's Panama Hatties. Didn't clean table until we asked. We had to pour our own wine. Dinner delivered to two people and two others had to wait. Brass Rail is much better. Now he's considering a 3rd restaurant?? Good luck
- Fabulous findlive2eatDined on 5/11/2014About two years ago we stumbled on Heirloom Tavern which is very close to home. Since then we've returned for the same wonderful food, on a seasonally changing menu. Everything is worth trying so we try something different each time. This last time we started with fresh little neck clams, the beet and goat cheese salad and an order of fried calamari with a selection of sauces. All were divine and probably enough for dinner for two people. Since we were three we all ordered a sandwich - the tuna burger was very good, flavorful, and the accompanying sweet potato fries were to die for. Sadly, we did not have enough room left for dessert, but having been there before, the desserts are also good. The outdoor garden is just lovely too.Special Features:
- rab4VIPDined on 5/6/2014always enjoy the food there. Noisy on the weekends. Great outdoor dining areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeleDined on 5/1/2014Food was good but components if some of the dishes were not cooked properly or not fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & AwesomeStaceyDined on 5/1/2014The food was amazing! This neighborhood gem is a real treat. My boyfriend and I came here for Long Island Restaurant Week and we are sure to come back. Even if the place is a bit of a drive it is well worth it. The food is delicious, the servers and other waitstaff are extremely friendly and cater to whatever you need. Great ambiance and mood too!!Special Features:
- restaurant week !weaselDined on 4/29/2014This is a very small place with good food and lots of people (mostly large groups). It is in an out of the way location by the railroad so noise is not a problem. If you want a quiet dinner don't go restaurant week.Special Features:
- Hit or MissOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2014My fiancee and I decided to go for LI Restaurant Week. Since I come home every day from the train station it was extremely convenient. I had the Field Greens Salad, BBQ Ribs, and Creme Brulee; he had the Oxtail Tacos, Skirt Steak, and same desert. I have never had such a great salad! I really would go back just for salad. The tacos were great too! However, I hated my ribs, I was only able to eat one piece. I thought it was slathered in too much sauce, and the sauce to me tasted cheap and the ribs themselves weren't much better. I took them home and my fiancee ate them later on- he didn't complain though. He was happy with his steak- they cooked it rare which he was thrilled with. We both enjoyed our desert.Special Features:
- Amazing.SebastianDined on 4/28/2014This is the best restaurant on Long Island. It is a North Shore Gold Coast gem!Special Features:
- Consistently excellent !JayneDined on 4/27/2014My husband and I have eaten here a number of times and have always gotten an excellent dinner. The menu is diverse but we usually order a seafood dinner knowing that the quality of the fish is always superb. I cannot say that about all high end restaurants, but here you ALWAYS get a great tasting piece of fish excellently prepared. I highly recommend reservations since seating is tight and tables are limited but it is definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night Dinnersmoove1010Dined on 4/27/2014We took advantage of Restaurant week and the dinner did not disappoint. The appetizers octopus ,oxtail tac,o and blue fin raviloi were excellent. The swordfish was moist and seasoned to perfection. The ribs, were braised and also were excellent. The steak was exactly as ordered. The only suggestion do a better job with the deserts they were below par. The wine selection was interesting, but I felt the beer was over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sketchy ClamsClamsonadeadshellVIPDined on 4/26/2014Food is very good in general, if a bit salty. But the clams were not fresh. The chef needs to be careful with the shellfish fresh o meter
- Glen Head foodieLongIslabdDinersDined on 4/25/2014It's been quite a while since I've had dinner at Heirloom. Everything was top notch but restaurant needs to do something about the high noise level. Overheard some diners complaining of the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great!RobbyleeVIPDined on 4/21/2014We return to Erin loan Tavern for dinner after several months of not dining here. (Their sister restaurant, The Brass rail is closer to where we live.) As was the case when we dined here several months ago, service is very good, food is a hit, & the vibe is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful small platesRexyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Our go to place for cocktails and small plates, and within walking distance of our home. Great service, great ambiance.Special Features:
- JudyChasDined on 4/17/2014Ambitious menu with wonderful specials that do not brake the bank. Good selection of moderately priced wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Gemlove2eatVIPDined on 4/12/2014This was our second time at heirloom and once again everything was delicious. From the bread to the endive salad to the salmon to dessert , everything was wonderful. Our friends enjoyed it as well. They honor your reservation and don't rush you out. It's better then some of the well known restaurants we've been to in manhattan. We will definitely be back. Hope next time they have the grilled octopus salad we had our first time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local placeRexyVIPDined on 4/10/2014Nice assortment of bar plates and small plates, coupled with a glass of wine, and you're all set. Good local spot. Gets a nice crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dish was one from theTheMayorDined on 4/9/2014Best dish was one from the bar plates - sweet and spicy shrimp in lettuce leaves. I have been dreaming about them - delicious. Other appetizers were okay. Skip the duck spring roll. It was non description, dry and no sauce for dipping. I love baked clams and these were good but not amazing. The endive salad sounded better on the menu but was okay. I had the red snapper special for my entree and it was very good. The skin was crispy and it sat atop a ragout of roasted potatoes, artichokes, and spinach in a pool of luscious pink sauce. An all around great dish. My husband had the French Onion burger on the menu and it was okay - bun could not stand up to the jus so created an exceptional mess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2014Excellent brunch and great service. Will definitely return when in the area.Special Features:
- Good vibe, but a bit disappointingNinaVIPDined on 4/5/2014We dined out Saturday nite with another couple. Always liked energy in restaurant although the noise level makes conversation difficult. Service was quite slow and food inconsistent depending on what you ordered. Caesar salad was tasteless, sole was light and well prepared. Steak very good. Would go back, but not high on my list for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Truly delicious food withOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/3/2014Truly delicious food with a menu of lots of choices. Large plates, small plates, salads, pastas and sandwiches. Something for everyone. I had wonderfully prepared Bronzino, my son had the ahi tuna burger. Fresh ingredients that are perfectly prepared. Service is excellent and friendly. Very small restaurant so reservations are definitely necessary especially on the weekend. Midweek reservations are easier to get. Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!WARRENVIPDined on 3/31/2014Outstanding!!! Frequent diner. My wife and I love this restaurant. Great menu. Great chef. Never disappoints. From the bread to the dessert, always terrific!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchJerryVIPDined on 3/30/2014The Brunch was outstanding. The Apple French Toast was unbelievable, I didn't ear until the next day. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great Food and Good ServicecustomcDined on 3/29/2014I have wanted to try this restaurant for awhile since we LOVE Brass Rail and they are owned by the same person. The staff was all very nice and the food was all wonderful with beautiful presentation. The prices were also very fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemRexyVIPDined on 3/27/2014Had a great meal at heirloom tavern consisting of bar plates and small plates each and every one better than the other we tried the lobster taco the smoked chicken quesadilla the spring rolls the veal meatballs the steak skewers and everything was delicious and the cocktails we had with dinner were great as well service was on the ball we loved it so much we're going back next weekSpecial Features: