La Fontana Siciliana
120 Blanchard Street
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fontana Siciliana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafontanasiciliana.com/
- Phone: 2064411045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Mario Fuenzalida
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Fontana Siciliana
La Fontana is an urban oasis amidst the hustle and bustle of Belltown. As you step into the courtyard you are drawn in by the bubbling fountain and the aroma of Sicilian cuisine in the air. La Fontana has been a fixture in Belltown for over a decade. Proprietor Mario Fuenzalida’s food philosophy of utilizing the freshest ingredients prepared to order ensures that every meal is a pleasurable and memorable experience. The wine list has been specially crafted as a showcase to the food; it features quality Sicilian and Italian wines that highlight the unique flavors of La Fontana’s menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Fontana Siciliana - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
La Fontana Siciliana reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (72)great for outdoor dining (65)neighborhood gem (64)special occasion (48)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (26)good for groups (10)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great food in romantic settingSuzieDined on 2/22/2014This place reminds me of a NYC restaurant--it is located in the courtyard of a brownstone. It is very intimate with divided dining rooms; the food is excellent as well as the service. They had live piano music in one of the rooms. The only drawback was they don't serve alcohol and I can't drink wine.Special Features:
- Hidden GemSteveDined on 2/15/2014Any restaurant that can be a bit off the beaten path and be in business for over twenty years in a foodie place like Seattle, must be doing something good. The wait staff helped with a wine selection, gave enticing answers to our menu questions, and were there when needed. And the food, it was very good, and I think very reasonably priced. We travel down from Alaska several times a year and try to find new dining experiences each time. I think La Fontana will have to a repeat experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!YummmDined on 2/15/2014Intimate atmosphere, wonderful service, great menu, reasonable prices and terrific food. What more could you ask for? I took my Valentine sweetheart there and she Loved it! Will absolutely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay...GarrettDined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentine's Day having recently traveled through Italy. There were many comments comparing this establishment to quaint, rustic Italian restaurants, but we unfortunately did not see the connection. The atmosphere was uninspired, the service was fine, and the food was just okay. Like many have commented, it may be a little pricey for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service left a lot to be desiredLolaDragonflyDined on 2/14/2014The food was very good, mine was fantastic I had the wild mushroom fettuccine w/truffle oil, and the mixed greens salad. My husband had the Caesar salad and the chicken special and it was ok. The only real downside was our server had a regular at the table behind ours and so every time he came yo our corner of the restaurant he was making eye contact and talking to them and completely skipped over our table, we got very cursory service. He never even made eye contact with us, as he was always flirting with the woman behind us. It made for a very annoying evening.
- Great ExperienceAndyDined on 2/14/2014The food and service was great. The dining room was intimate but not crowded. The wine was fantastic. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Good food-fixer upperBeckyDined on 2/8/2014The food was good, but I think I will try staples on the menu next time. The chef was willing to change the sauce on my meal to a lemon-based wine/cream sauce. It was good, but had too much lemon in it. My husband got the special which was salami, mozzarella, and asparagus rolled in a chicken breast. My husband said it was excellent, but I did not like the brown sauce they put over it. The table we sat at was very unstable. It rocked back and forth if either of us on either side put any weight on it. I would suggest fixing it, because the rocking table distracted us through the entire meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good foodLuigiDiMauiDined on 2/6/2014Went with wife & daughter for a birthday dinner. The place is beautiful and the food is very good. We took the mushrooms risotto, cheese tortellini with pistacchio and lemon sauce, and spaghetti butter and cheese for the child. Service was excellent and the ambient is quiet and good to have a relaxed conversation. Quiet ambient. It was a cold night and we've got a table aside the window. It was some cold, I woudl recommend an inside table if you suffer from cold. Other than that, it's a very nice place to go and a true nice spot in that área of Seattle. Wine list is full of wines from Italy, so that's also good to try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mario makes you feel like a guestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014The food is good. The wine is interesting and different. Quaint, old world feel to the restaurant. But our night was made by Mario. Knowledgeable, friendly, and very Italian, Mario is the chef/server who brings it all together in a delightful way and gave us the feeling that we had just spent a few hours dining in Italy. Wonderful experience overall.Special Features:
- Perfect honeymoon night outNewHolcombsDined on 1/27/2014We found a Groupon deal and came here the last night of our honeymoon. It's pricey, but we really felt like we had just walked out of Seattle and into Sicily. The food was understated but perfect, the wines were excellent, the service was friendly and personable, and the cheesecake was the best I've had. Definitely worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of BelltownSallyDined on 1/27/2014We enjoyed our meal tremendously. The atmosphere is lovely and the food very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is good, qualityfrequentdinerVIPDined on 1/25/2014The food here is good, quality ingredients prepared traditionally, but certainly not cutting edge or exciting Italian. Service is very good. We were disappointed a bit by the "romantic" atmosphere that we expected from reading some of the reviews; not sure that brick walls and glass-surfaced tables (no tablecloths in the room where they sat us) equates to romantic. This is a slightly above-average Italian eatery for Seattle, with lots of better ones in the city.
- Great placeFoodDined on 1/23/2014We just got back from Europe and we were hoping to find a place here in Seattle that would transport us right back to Italy! And La Fontana did it! The food was amazing, the service divine, and we felt just like we were dining in a small bistro in Europe! I would recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the few quiet restaurantsbecerahDined on 1/16/2014One of the few quiet restaurants left where you can actually visit and have a nice conversation! Food was very good and we had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- It's like being in ItalyyumseekerDined on 1/15/2014The food, ambience, and service at La Fontana is always excellent. The seafood is fresh, the pasta a perfect al dente and the risotto creamy and rich. The service is top notch and the ambience makes you feel like you are dining in Italy--especially in the summer when you can dine al fresco by the darling fountain in the court yard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, and oh so romanticreynarookVIPDined on 1/11/2014Walking into the restaurant you immediately understand why La Fontana people call this one of the most romantic restaurants in Seattle. The front room is so intimate, exposed brick, small tables and quiet lighting. The wait staff were very attentive, the host was also our waiter, he knew the wine list well and recommended a delicious wine. The pasta was handmade, held its structure and was delicious. The Wild Mushroom Risotto was smooth and creamy, perfect! I highly recommend La Fontana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back in ItalyRandyVIPDined on 1/10/2014The first thing my wife noticed when entering the courtyard outside the restaurant was how much it reminded her of Italy. The same can be said about the interior. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic. We will definitely return when back in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Bad FoodmcclutVIPDined on 1/10/2014The food and restaurant is over-rated and over priced. I never knew a restaurant could screw up chicken marsala (also said their specialty dish), but they did! It was very salty, and the sauce was more of a gravy instead of a sauce. AND, the waiter thought he could memorise our order (2 of us), and had to come back because he forgot.
- The food was wonderful butAnnieo2Dined on 1/10/2014The food was wonderful but it was too dark as well as the furniture was old and wobbley. Table and chairs obviously need of replacement. Parking is terrible. Unless you are able to grab street parking, parking lots south of the restaurant iare $15 - $20. Belltown now being expensive to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unremarkable food, that wasDutchDined on 1/10/2014Unremarkable food, that was edible, but rather bland and unsurprising. And overpriced to boot. Service was fine.
- Nice Restaurant, Good FoodLuciezDined on 1/3/2014This is a nice little restaurant but the food is not spectacular.Special Features:
- Special OccasionPiperDined on 12/31/2013We've enjoyed La Fontana for special occasions. This year we invited fussy friends and they loved it. A hit all around.Special Features:
- Amazing spot we will be back!DeanDined on 12/31/2013Great little place, highly recommend when your looking for all around meal and ambiance. Sit in Mario's section he's a super fun server.Special Features:
- Must return!foodieworldVIPDined on 12/30/2013Wonderful, beautifully prepared and presented southern Italian food. Everything was so fresh and tasty. The waitstaff was attentive and knowledgeable and pleasant. Reminds me of being in Sicily. Don't know why it took me so many years to come back. Definitely won't take as long the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've never had a bad, or evenKath11Dined on 12/28/2013I've never had a bad, or even adequate meal here. Only fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adorable setting, RSVP needed!DeviDined on 12/27/2013It's a small restaurant, perhaps about 10-15 tables. Definitely make a reservation or else you may not be able to eat. We had a special appetizer which was Amazing....however our waiter did "yell" at us for not eating it in the traditional way. It only made me laugh and thought it was nice that he took such pride in his food, however it did get old after he mentioned it for the 3rd time. Dinner was yummy, homemade pasta was light and done well. Desert was lacking however. Tiramisu had way too much creame and the which chocolate cream cannoli just wasn't doing the job. I believe in the summer they put tables out in the courtyard and thought it would be so pretty to come back in the summer. A good expensive restaurant to take a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An extremely great find inOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/27/2013An extremely great find in Belltown. Much more relaxed atmosphere than expected for the location; comfortable, warm and inviting. The Sicilian style food was especially good and seemed authentic. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013You will not be dissapointed in any way. We. Had risotto (which was the best we ever had) and prawns, pasta with marina sauce....excellent! It felt like we had just experienced a meal in an Italian cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tender pastaSheilainBelltownDined on 12/24/2013On Christmas Eve, we decided to treat ourselves to a quiet dinner out. In keeping with the Italian Christmas tradition, I ordered seafood. The prawns were fine and pasta with fresh tomato was so delicious and tender that I ended up eating nearly all of it. They offered several varieties of wine by the glass (the Cab was full bodied and satisfying). I intend to explore an excellent wine list on future visits. For those that haven't been to this restaurant, it is rustic and romantic but is also kid friendly. The tables are probably 75 years old, the windows have lace curtains. Chef will cook to order for those with allergies or specific needs. Go. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Christmas DinnerMikeDined on 12/23/2013My so and I had a great dinner here. The food was excellent, service was attentive and courteous. It was our first time to Seattle. I would recommend La Fontana. We liked it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They tried hard; almost got thereMikeDined on 12/21/2013The food is quite ordinary; certainly not bad, but nothing special. The chicken was tasteless. The service felt very cordial and friendly, but one mishap spoiled the whole performance.
- First Time Visitor/Long Time PassergoducksDined on 12/19/2013We have often passed this restaurant on our hops in and out of Seattle for dinner, happy hours, or walks. Needed to wrap a dinner into a Patagonia visit and this was the perfect place. First time visitor, fantastic experience. Nice, cute, warm and comfortable place, smelled fantastic if you like Italian food, service by Mario was unbelievable, food was outstanding (great Risotto dishes and many other), just overall a great holiday dinner with family after getting some shopping done. Highly recommend and will be a frequent stop for us now. Highly recommend this little gem of a location and produces fantastic food and a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurant!ElFerronoDined on 12/15/2013Thank you for that marvelous evening. We were really happy about everything there, the food was very good. It is hard to find a really authentic italian restaurant in Seattle and this one is really a must if Italian food is your thing. The ambiance is perfect for a romantic evening also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a dress up date.LauraUDined on 12/13/2013One of my dearest friends and I decided to put on finery and enjoy a classy night out. This was just the place. Not at all pretentious, but very aesthetic with amazing food and delightful service. I am never disappointed by them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cosy dinnertamasDined on 12/7/2013warm and charming little place , menu is limited and not much imagination , food is good and homecook feel , but the pasta with sardine is a miss , nothing what i t should be . ( i find a single sardine segment in the entire dish. the calamari was very well done , and cooked perfectly, and the mushroom soup was perfect. overall a hit and miss, wine by the glass offering is very limited and not what you expect . After all we will return to try again, perhaps in the summer when the patio openSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time therehungryDined on 12/6/2013This was my first time there and we really enjoyed it. Great service and food.Special Features:
- Amazing food and ambianceHappycustomerDined on 12/6/2013I know this restaurant is a historic one in Seattle. I went to it for the first time with a good friend. It has a really romantic setting and I look forward to bringing my husband there. I'd also like to go during warmer weather to have a better view and perhaps eat by the amazing fountain! I highly recommend La Fontana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun evening1reliablefriendVIPDined on 12/5/2013we have not been there fora time but enjoyed wonderful apps and dinner...perfect cozy oasis on a very cold nightSpecial Features:
- Quaint italianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/2013What a gem, we have been to La Fontana a few times over the years and it always is just a great dining experience. Great food, great service, a++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La FontanaNinaDined on 11/29/2013This is a lovely restaurant in Belltown. Summer dining around the fountain is a delight, and in the colder weather the interior is a charming and romantic environment. I recommend the Sicilian specialties-- both food and wine. Service was totally professional. The only surprise was how pricy all items have become. Makes it more of a special occasion destination than one we would go to on a more regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.