La Fontana Siciliana
120 Blanchard Street
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fontana Siciliana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafontanasiciliana.com/
- Phone: 2064411045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Mario Fuenzalida
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Fontana Siciliana
La Fontana is an urban oasis amidst the hustle and bustle of Belltown. As you step into the courtyard you are drawn in by the bubbling fountain and the aroma of Sicilian cuisine in the air. La Fontana has been a fixture in Belltown for over a decade. Proprietor Mario Fuenzalida’s food philosophy of utilizing the freshest ingredients prepared to order ensures that every meal is a pleasurable and memorable experience. The wine list has been specially crafted as a showcase to the food; it features quality Sicilian and Italian wines that highlight the unique flavors of La Fontana’s menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Fontana Siciliana - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
La Fontana Siciliana reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (76)neighborhood gem (67)great for outdoor dining (63)special occasion (55)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (27)good for groups (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Cute!KirstinDined on 7/25/2014We really enjoyed it's quaint and authentic environment, the service was outstanding. We enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Wonderful romantic mealClaireVIPDined on 7/18/2014I had a reservation for 2 at 9pm this past Friday night. By 9:20, we were the only ones in the restaurant. For a Friday night in downtown Seattle during Summer, this seemed a bit odd. Nonetheless, the outside dining area is beautiful, the Italian waiters were friendly, and the food was amazing. We shared the bruschetta appetizer, had a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. I had the black linguine with salmon, which was AMAZING. My boyfriend had the chicken marsala, which he enjoyed - I am not a fan of marsala/mushrooms from anywhere, so I can't say too much! We had a groupon - otherwise, $110 for the meal seemed a little pricey. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant. My parents have been going for years, and it is definitely authentic Siclian.Special Features:
- Awesome Italian dinning experienceLuvItalianDined on 7/14/2014I used Groupon and took my teenager for her birthday dinner. Our server was the best and food was outstanding. The ambiance was calm and it felt like being in Italy for dinner. Great service!!Special Features:
- Great Authentic Sicilian ExperienceVickiDined on 7/14/2014My daughter and I were in Seattle this past weekend and wanted to experience not just Italian cuisine, but Sicilian cuisine and La Fontana Siciliana fit the bill. Our server was very profession, knowledgeable and attentive. We had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014Have been going to this Sicilian restaurant in my neighborhood for twenty years and it never disappoints. Service is excellent; lovely and quiet atmosphere; outside dining on a warm night. Most of all the food is wonderful - fresh, well prepared and interesting. We have celebrated family events here.Special Features:
- A quiet, romantic favoritebigcitytravelerDined on 7/9/2014Love this intimate, truly Italian restaurant. It's especially nice to sit outside by the fountain in the summertime (it can get a bit warm inside). Favorite dishes include the spaghetti with sardines in tomato sauce, sautéed escarole, and lamb tenderloin marsala. Always perfectly cooked! Service is respectful and helpful, but not over-the-top or intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very, very goodJackDined on 7/3/2014I've been there many times and it's consistently excellent. Great outdoor dining as well as cozy inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 2 couple eveningRanboDined on 6/28/2014First time there was a romantic couple outing. This time we took friends. The prawn risotto special was OUTSTANDING. The ambiance is true Italian, it reminded all of us of when we traveled to Italy. Inspired me to make caprese and chicken marsala the next night.Special Features:
- The following 170 reviews are from the La Fontana Siciliana reviews archive.
- La Fontana SicilianaNinaDined on 6/18/2014is a beautiful restaurant, physically and culinarily. Food and service were great, recommend it wholeheartedly.Special Features:
- Romantic Sicily in SeattleliquidvoyageVIPDined on 6/17/2014I can't believe it took me so long to try La Fontana. Now it is a regular stop for me and my friends when we want a relaxing, upscale meal downtown. La Fontana, as the name suggests, is just off a lovely little courtyard with a fountain. During the summer you can choose to eat outside by the fountain. The interior ambiance is cozy and classic with Old World charm. Above all, the food is the perfect balance of gourmet with Sicilian comfort. Run by Italians, you can expect standard fare such as bruschetta and pesto mixed with a heavy dose of seafood representative of Sicilian cuisine. Perennial favorites include the calamari with pesto, Fettucine ai Funghi(with truffle oil) and the Spaghetti alla Norma. Buon Appetito!Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We always go to La Fontana on special occasions. The food is excellent, the service is friendly and the atmosphere is intimate. It is one of our favorite Seattle places. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Best Italian in belltownBisquitdinesoutDined on 6/10/2014Homemade pasta that melts in your mouth. Delicious and reasonably priced wine. Superior service staff. Great to sit outside on the patio or inside the cozy dining room. Great for romance or an impressive meal with foodie friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood ItalianJeanneVIPDined on 6/7/2014La Fontana Siciliana is an authentic Sicilian style Italian restaurant and the food is very good. I, personally, am not a huge fan of tomato sauces so skipped the pasta and had Chicken Marsala and it was quite wonderful. Also three of us shared an eggplant, tomato and mozzarella salad that was truly a cut above the usual salad caprese. It had been awhile since I stopped in at La Fontana, but was glad I had made a reservation as their patio was open, the evening was warm enough to sit outside -- and dining on the terrace with the fountain is quite magical on a summer evening.Special Features:
- TerribleCoryVIPDined on 6/7/2014If you want good service and good food go elsewhere. On dish the fettuccini was so over cooked it was inedible. The other dish was just crimini mushrooms in sauce for $23. Waiter never even came around to send it back. This is probably the highest priced Italian in the city and is the worst quality. Try Cuoco, Canitnete, Spinase instead! Will never go back.Special Features:
- Awesome placeSeattleboi1982Dined on 6/5/2014Found this place by accident and I'm glad I did. The food was great, but a little on the pricy side. Worth going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening in SicilyMalbecDined on 5/31/2014Dinning al fresco amid the 1930 brick building's courtyard with the burbling water feature transports one back in time ....relaxing atmosphere and the food and service are above parSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!NateHDined on 5/26/2014This was such a great find! Genuine Italian people creating genuine Italian cuisine!Special Features:
- Your own piece of Italy in Seattle.RSVPfor2Dined on 5/18/2014La Fontana never fails to serve up a wonderful meal! It's always a tough call between the menu or choosing one of their daily specials. Either way, you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Wonderful!eatout2Dined on 5/16/2014`friendly service, wonderful food, house chianti was one of the best chianti's we've had in a while. Tasteful decor. The only disappointment was the coffee, weak and rather tasteless....I will have an espresso next time!Special Features:
- Barb's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/14/2014Great place with excellent food and atmosphere! Parking is a challenge but worth the effort.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/14/2014I've been coming here for years and it never disappoints. During the warmer months, it is especially nice to sit outside in the charming courtyard next to the gurgling fountain. What a wonderful little hideaway in Belltown.Special Features:
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014Even with using Groupon deal, the service was excellent and the quality of food was better than I expected.Special Features:
- ChomperDined on 5/12/2014Food was totally delicious and well made. Service was slow, apparently due to lack of enough personnel. The few were running but couldn't keep up. Unique and cozy setting. I will be going back. Some more dishes I want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiters are SoooIMPORTANT!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Our waiter was SELECTIVELY attentive to different tables...and of course we were one of the ones he chose to ignore. That disturbed us greatly and ruined our experience at the restaurant right away!The waiter took his time to acknowledge us, and did not approach until we asked for him. He was snobbish and aloof, told us he better tell us the specials of the day in case we decide to ask about them later...and never once return to ask about the food and whether we are enjoying ourselves! The food was good, and reminded us of food we enjoyed in Sicily!Special Features:
- Mother's Day BlissNomnomDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner here on Mother's Day. We had a reservation made earlier in the day and our table was ready. We received very courteous and prompt service. We ordered 2 appetizers. Eggplant with mozzarella and pesto calamari. Both were very good and were served with bread and olive oil. When I couldn't decide on wine the waiter gave me a taste of each. I appreciated that. Our meals were all very good: chicken Marsala, veal piccata, and two pasta dishes. The ambiance is lovely in an old brick courtyard with little white lights twinkling in the trees. The wait staff were polite and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We visited La Fontana Siciliana because we had an Amazon Local deal, but I could definitely see going back for a special occasion. The restaurant was quiet but not deserted, and I loved the decor. The menu was scrumptious, and we enjoyed bantering with our waiter. Four thumbs up!Special Features:
- don't stay for the coffeeCarnivore2014Dined on 5/8/2014Been to La Fontana Siciliana five times now....a great Belltown dining gem. However, please don't stay for the coffee. Previously it was a tepid, half cup refill. This time hot refill, but the others were ignored. Dinner and dessert - great! If you want to linger over coffee, please go elsewhere. Despite the other available tables, it seems they want to turn a table over within an hour.Special Features:
- DisappointedANQADined on 5/6/2014We had a disappointing meal at La Fontana. We found the food to be nothing special (unripe tomatos, paper thin slice of eggplant, bland seasoning) and very overpriced. For same price, you can get a fantastic Italian meal at Il Fornio.
- Great ItalianmichaelDined on 5/5/2014La Fontana has wonderful Italian food. We typically go about once a year, and this years visit was no exception. While we usually select from the great pasta dishes, we tried the Chicken Formaggi and the Risotto di Mare dishes. Both were very good and we'd recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregVIPDined on 5/5/2014Old world decor was great but food was overpriced for amount and originalitySpecial Features:
- An Off night for a good placeBluesgal58VIPDined on 5/3/2014We've eaten here many times and enjoy the food and the ambience, but our recent visit was disappointing. We were seated in an alcove that at first looked very nice and romantic but soon turned into a very hot and stuffy nook. There was no air circulation and we really didn't enjoy the whole evening because of it. Service was unusually very slow also, with it being so hot in the alcove we drank a lot of water while waiting for dinner and the water was not refilled but once. All in all not a good meal and if it was my first time there I would not go back, but since we've had many others there that were good, we will give it a try one more time.Special Features:
- Solid quality italian foodDuckshovelDined on 5/2/2014Never disappoints. The food is quality, if not a little on the spendy side.Special Features:
- Friendly Staff but Food PriceyErnestoSDined on 5/2/2014It's disappointing because you used to be able to get a delicious meal at La Fontana without breaking the bank. Now the food is very average and outrageously expensive, salads for $14.95 and vegetarian pasta dishes starting at $18.95, which would be fine if the quality was present. Additional fees ($1 & $2) are charged if you request to share the dishes. The only saving grace is the friendly and attentive staff. It is sad, with the Belltown business environment very depressed, $20 parking spots and so many other food options to choose from in Seattle it is unlikely we will return.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsout2lunchDined on 4/30/2014I love the decor, and the service was perfectly friendly, attentive and fast. Overall this made the experience positive. However, I sadly have to rate the food as average and probably somewhat overpriced. I had higher hopes. I'd probably go back and try ordering something different, since it is such a cute place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Great service ,great staff. Our waiter was from Italy . Awesome experience and exceptional food. Incredible wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks Mario!DanCDined on 4/26/2014Thankfully, Mario made us aware of the specials as soon as we were seated because the prosciutto wrapped pear salad was nearly sold out. It made for a wondeful start to our dinner but the braised beef stuffed tortellini in mushroom cream sauce was amazing. It was the perfect quiet, intimate dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and DelightfulCarnivore2014Dined on 4/26/2014La Fontana Siciliana stands out in the Belltown neighborhood where restaurants are plentiful. Tucked away and adjacent to a quaint and delightful courtyard between 1st/2nd Avenues and Blanchard. Reservations are highly recommended. This was my third visit and it had a few missteps. But overall the food met my expectations with presentation and taste...homemade pasta made to perfection! Missteps - some wait staff are extremely particular and attitude changes once a Groupon is presented. Cold mealy tomato slices with the house salad. So-so bread service. Coffee service was lacking - first cup great, second cup was tepid and only half the volume. Talk about a hint that they want to turn the table, no lingering, and want you to pay and leave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFonyatsDined on 4/25/2014Nice bottle of wine, tasty food from the appetizers all the way through, excellent service in a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, great homemade foodpaulaDined on 4/19/2014Lovely setting, relaxing atmosphere and dining experience. Food is delicious, homemade. The dessert we chose was a cheesecake with a chocolate topping. Marvelous! Service quietly attentive. Priced on the higher end. Great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsDaveVIPDined on 4/12/2014We've been to La Fontana many times and it is one of our favorite places to eat in Seattle. Great food and really enjoy Mario and his staff!Special Features: