Parker & Quinn
64 W. 39th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parker & Quinn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkerandquinnnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127290277
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday: 6-10am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11am-4pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am-4pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 4-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Forrest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar
A word from Parker & Quinn
A 1920s-themed restaurant nestled in the heart of the Garment District. Serving fresh, seasonal American Fare, Executive Chef Jeffrey Forrest brings over 25 years of experience to the Parker & Quinn team - with positions at some of Manhattan’s most notable kitchens, including the Soho Grand Hotel, the Plaza Food Hall by Todd English, and Park Avenue Tavern. The eclectic cocktail list, created by world renowned mixologist Alex Ott, presents a twist on classic cocktails, focusing on fresh fruit and herbs and artisanal brands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parker & Quinn reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (49)neighborhood gem (46)great for lunch (42)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (38)hot spot (31)late-night find (13)great for brunch (10)romantic (9)special occasion (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Pre-Show GemLarroDined on 3/22/2014Took the wife and kids here before heading over to a Broadway show. It was not packed like many of the theme restaurants in (and around) Times Square. Both food and service were excellent. I will definitely go back the next time I am in NYC to see a show.Special Features:
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/21/2014Went with group of 10 and had many dishes-everything was delicious. The standouts for me were the octopus and risotto.Special Features:
- Amazing all-around!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/15/2014Highly recommend a visit for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2014The food was wonderful, but the service was awful. Our waiter spent most of his time talking with other servers. He never even checked back to see how our food was after we were served. We had to ask other wait staff for things we needed. The food was great, but not our waiter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in the area!MRSEJDined on 3/5/2014I recommend making reservations! Awesome spot in the Fashion District. A far better choice than most. A great place for co-workers. Cleared out around 2pm. Hostess knew my reservation by first name and how many were in my party. The waiter did a great job and service was very quick. The food came out fresh and hot despite being a packed place. Delicious for the Fashion District area and very fair prices. A little on the noisy side but we had no problem talking away. We never felt pressured to leave and the only disappointment I had was not trying their desserts because we were in a rush. I will recommend to anyone who works in the area and return again hopefully soon.Special Features:
- Great spot by the LibraryIheartfoodDined on 3/4/2014I work around Grand Central and there are few great casual dining spots in walking distance. My husband and I walked through the Refinery Hotel the other night and discovered this gem. Food was delicious, service was fantastic and there's a fun bar on the roof of the hotel with a great view. We'll definitely be visiting Parker & Quinn in the near future. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu that wasn'tDarylDined on 3/1/2014It was a saturday outing to include lunch and a play matinee. We had reviewed menus from different restaurants recommended by Open Table and Parker Quinn had a selection of salads that sounded appealing. When we arrived we were handed a very limited menu with only one salad choice. None of the items we'd hoped to have we're available. Shared a soup and sandwich which was awful. The cheese sandwich had no cheese. Parker & Quinn is off our list of choices.
- Great place in midtownGardenLuvVIPDined on 2/27/2014The food was really good as usually service was great. Unfortunately we went durning happy hour so it was really packed. Other than that this place is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager ruined itOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/27/2014The atmosphere of the place is very cute and noise manageable. The food is just alright, nothing special, which is common in midtown. It would have been fine overall if towards the end the manager didn't rush us out after the meal quoting "the real estate, you know". Very weird experience. Especially the way she was trying to fix a situation: as we were heading out of the place, she was offering us a drink! On the way back to the office...should we get it in a sippy cup? Meh.Special Features:
- Ok food, but LOUD spot for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/26/2014Had risotto and two friends had mussels. Risotto very good; mussels were average. Service was ok, a bit slow. Noise, on a Weds might at 7 PM was very high; we had to shout to have a conversation.
- Great food but you pay for it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2014Small portions and al a cart runs up the price!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent but ala carteLarryDDined on 2/18/2014The food was very good and the service attentive. I was surprised for the price the lunch meal was really ala carte. Although starch and vegetable was mentioned in the entree's description, it really wasn't more than a garnish. Luckily the waitress pointed this out beforehand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good When Staying at The RefineryJamesBrownInMiamiVIPDined on 2/16/2014This place is convenient if you are staying at The Refinery Hotel. The menu has some good items but not a lot of variety. I have been here before and the service is always just ok. Today I sat at the bar and waited 13 minutes before someone noticed me and waited on me, and it wasn't busy. The burger was good and I added brussel sprouts and bacon bits, which were decent.Special Features:
- Just OKmickeyfanDined on 2/16/2014Went to Parker & Quinn on a cold Sunday evening after a 3 PM matinee. The place was almost empty. We ordered the spiced butternut soup, a little thick but nicely flavored, and the tomato bacon bisque to start. The waiter steered my husband away from the chicken. He ordered the Arctic char with a side of broccoli rabe, described on menu with wild mushrooms, brussel sprout leaves and fingerlings. There was one wild mushroom piece, a few brussel sprout leaves and 2 thin slices of fingerlings on the plate. I ordered the tagliatelle, good, not great and a small serving for a main course (and I ordered and was charged for the entree portion). Our waiter was very attentive and he gets an A+. But I would not go out of my way to go back here.
- Waited a while for somebodyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Waited a while for somebody to take our order, food came quickly after we ordered. Waited a long time for someone to take our dirty plates and longer to receive our check. Good place just might have been the server and night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceStellarBexDined on 2/14/2014The staff was attentive and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto to die forgreentealatteDined on 2/11/2014I mean... So good. I'm a wishy-washy vegetarian as is (I really love chicken), am a grad student on a budget, and wasn't really in the mood for fish, so I chose seething familiar from the menu somewhat haphazardly. From the very first bite of the chicken to the last spoonful of warm butternut squash risotto, pure and unmitigated joy. So... So... Good. Chris, our server, was attentive and came with recommendations, and was not a helicopter (which is the worst). My first time at P&Q, certainly not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service in MidtownAnonymousVIPDined on 2/11/2014P&Q is connected to the Refinery Hotel which has a fantastic scene, great kitchen, and wonderful service every time we've gone. Decor is trendy with those tufted leather booths and cool artwork without being over the top for a casual lunch.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceGML217VIPDined on 2/10/2014It was my first time eating at Parker and Quinn. It's great food and very close to my office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchEhEmChelDined on 2/10/2014Had a quick, pleasant, and delicious lunch here. Great Bloody Mary, delicious steak tartar, unintrusive waiter who was flirty and quick. Looks like a great brunch spot, and it's highly varied menu makes it a great choice for business lunches or dates, so everyone's happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacechiquiDined on 2/7/2014I ordered the fried oysters and pork belly flat bread while my friend had the hanger steak. The food was very good! We also shared a bottle of Malbec. We were very happy with the food. The service was fantastic. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Trendy hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Food was done well but not remarkable. Has a good small plate menu so for bar stop is fine. Good place for this area of midtown as there aren't many spots like this to meet friends. Very trendy fashion crowd scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!SaJ1VIPDined on 2/5/2014Had dinner with out of town guests who are huge foodies and Parker and Quinn did not disappoint. We really enjoyed the octopus appetizer and the scallops with bacon cheese grits as well as the ribeye were excellent. The décor is lovely and the service was excellent. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parker & Quinn pre Knicks gameDeebirdDined on 2/5/2014My boyfriend and I went to Parker and Quinn before the Knicks game. Considering the area is one big tourist trap, we were pleasantly surprised to be seated immediately and not rushed out of the restaurant. The food was good, straight forward menu, fish was cooked perfectly. I would definitely go back here if I ever find myself near Times Square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but super loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2014Came here on a friday night with a friend. We were looking to try something new and we stumbled upon this listing on open table. It's located exactly in the middle of our offices so we figured we'd give it a shot. It's definitely in an unexpected location; en route we both had feeling that we had walked too far or not walked far enough, as it's in sort of an odd spot. Other than it being incredibly loud, due to the bar located in the front, it was a great experience. The decor is beautiful, the food and wine were stellar and the service with quick and helpful. Probably not a great place for an date, it might be hard to hear the other person, but I recommend giving it a try with some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy bar with a very young crowdNancyDined on 1/30/2014We recently visited Parker and Quinn on a Thursday evening. The bar was very crowded with younger people and the overall atmosphere was very noisy. I could not hear anyone at my table. Unfortunately, the group that sat right next to us was very loud, using obscenities frequently and had no regard for my 90 year old mom sitting right behind them. I would not recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for good food and a quiet, relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great pub in the MSG/TS areaRayUWSVIPDined on 1/28/2014There are tons of pubs near the Garden & Times Square but this one has a nice menu & warm setting. The only complaint is that my dishes were on the salty side, but I'm not a big fan of salt. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Best Prime Rib Sandwich!GregKDined on 1/23/2014This place has such great food and there is something for everyone. We all love their prime rib sandwich which cheese and special sauce. Their endive salad with chicken is amazing. We also love their flat bread pizza's. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre- MSG DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2014Went for Dinner before a Ranger game. Wanted someplace nice with good food that wasn't typical pre-game fair.. Parker & Quinn most certainly fitted the bill! We had nice wine, tasty flatbread and a delicious meal. I had the lamb burger and my date had the roast chicken with french fries and brussle sprouts. Will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little too noisy for my groupJanSCDined on 1/16/2014Little too noisy for my group and I. Food was delicious but couldn't hear each other over the music and chatter from other patrons. Probably would not return because of the loudness in the restaurant.Special Features:
- DissappointingMerrowVIPDined on 1/9/2014My sister and I decided to get dinner here since it is conveniently located close to both of our jobs, however, I would have rather gone to a deli and gotten a cheaper, better tasting dinner. I ordered the mac and cheese and my sister ordered the broccoli and cheese. Our dinner came out within 10 minutes of ordering it and based off of the bland taste we assumed it was spooned into our bowls from a pre-made dish. It might have been the worst mac and cheese I've ever eaten and it's pretty hard for mac and cheese to be bad. We had to ask our waiter for salt and pepper in order to be able to eat the food. The only reason we didn't send our meals back and leave was because we were in a rush to get to an event in the meatpacking district.
- Interesting spotCaitieVIPDined on 1/8/2014I really enjoyed our meal here. They have interesting menu options, large plates but also smaller, shareable plates which I liked. I would come again and try other items on the menu, but all the dishes we had, from our starter salads to the Cornish hen to the simple flatbreads was very good. There was a private party going on here at the same time as our reservation, so it was quite loud, but it made for great people watching. Being so close to Bryant Park, it's a great meeting place and they have a large bar area, so I would definitely come again for dinner or even just drinks. Overall, pretty satisfied with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P&Q reviewKR88Dined on 1/7/2014Enjoyed the restaurant. We shared pomengranate squab - was ok not great. My friend had the spicy PEI Mussels - they were delish. I enjoyed the artic char. Nothing comes with so we shared a grit - was ok. Dessert was delish - salted caramel cheesecake with ice cream, Good knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDelightedDined on 12/24/2013This last minute decision was a great one... Christmas night, I thought it might be dull, but I was wrong... This gem of a restaurant provided us with great service, wonderful ambiance, and delicious food... you MUST try the risotto and the cuts of meat were delicious! Our server was witty and made several great recommendations, even though it must have been tough working on Christmas day. I will return next time I'm in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place in a random locationAC22VIPDined on 12/22/2013We were going to a show at the Garden and picked this place for an early dinner. It's location is a bit random, as you can't usually find OK places around here, but we were pleasantly surprised!Special Features:
- Great good and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2013Great good and great service. One of the best breakfasts in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2013Came late after a game at the Garden, and it was just the right level of busy. I'd asked for a booth out of the way, and they got one in the corner where I could canoodle with my wife out of the way. Trio of flatbreads was the perfect amount of food, and very good. Fun drinks. Really just what we wanted!Special Features:
- Met our tight time linesTheaterGoerVIPDined on 12/18/2013We were short on time and the team was incredibly efficient to get us our lunch in the requested time frame. The food was tasty and we will definitely be back for future team lunches.Special Features:
- striving to become a regularmarissaDined on 12/16/2013i've been here 3 times in 3 weeks - i love this place! best new neighborhood gem... almost afraid to say that, for fear it'll become difficult to get a reservation. looking forward to checking it out post work hours.Special Features:
- unexpectedly greatFidgeDined on 12/5/2013Given the location my expectations were low. Turned out it was a great room with wonderful food and fantastic service. Highly recommended. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.