Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Miami
315 S Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangssteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 3054877130
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday starting at 12:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday ending at 10:30pm, Friday ending at 11:00pm; Dinner: Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Miami
With 4 decades of experience at Peter Luger's Steakhouse, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for two, three, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Miami - Best Restaurants in Downtown Miami ›
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (23)romantic (20)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (17)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- First of all, Wolfgang wasjlaratroDined on 11/9/2013First of all, Wolfgang was there and made his rounds to all the tables. That was a nice touch since according to the menu, there are 7 restaurants. The food was amazing. The seafood tower for two was enough for 4 people. We had to go with the Steak for two (Porterhouse). It was incredible with plenty to take home. I usually prefer a nice gorgonzola sauce, but it was served on a hot plat with its own juices and butter. We had a great bottle of Nickel and Nickel Cab. As much as I liked the restaurant at the time, when I tasted the steak cold the next day I was blown away by how good even the left over was! I expected this to be a very happening place and it was kind of quite for a Saturday night. I hope it catches on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 11/7/2013We went to Wolfgang's and were underwhelmed at best. Unfortuantely, the airconditioning was not working that evening and they failed to mention that to us when we arrived. The food is average steakhouse quality. The prices on the steak are very high. Desserts are very expensive, even the Apple Strudel was $15. During dinner we complained that it was so hot and uncomfortable. The manager said that it was the building's fault and that they had No Responsibility to either tell us or move us to an area that might be more comfortable. Mr. Wolfgang was at the restaurant that evening and was very condescending too, replying that there was nothing that he could do. They lost eight customers that evening. None of us would recommend Wolfgangs.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great ambiencerede2eatDined on 11/2/2013Was in town staying in the area. Hotel concierge recommended this place. Had seating outside which was very nice. Food was wonderful. It's a bit pricey, but if you know that upfront, you'll have a lovely evening. Be hungry or share. Portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walkin to the bar and theAlbertDined on 11/1/2013Walkin to the bar and the bartender was very nasty , could not make a cocktail and did not have a cocktail menu Will never comeback
- finally a corkage feeTomasVIPDined on 11/1/2013Still one of the best steakhouses in Miami, simple menu and excellent imitation of Peter Luger. Finally you can bring your own bottles of wine, of course for $35 corkage fee. This is what was missing!, a must in Miami. Plan on going much more often.Special Features:
- What kept the food from beinggablesdebVIPDined on 10/21/2013What kept the food from being rated outstanding was the fact that all of the meats (our party had 3 different cuts of steak as well as the lamb chops) were too heavily salted. The quality of the meat was outstanding, so there was no need to over-season or over-salt. Everything else was excellent, from the breads to the salads and sides.Special Features:
- food is consistently delicious!!!!!MGoldVIPDined on 10/19/2013food is consistently delicious!!!!!!!! maitre'd needs to be sensitive to throwing guests next to a serving stationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak not the same as in NYC.TGoesseleDined on 10/19/2013Steak not the same as in NYC. Service too fast. Overpriced. We were in and out in less than an hour!Special Features:
- Excellent choice!scnc96Dined on 10/16/2013My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed Wolfgang's Miami! I had previously visited the Honolulu outlet, and enjoyed that experience, so I was anxious to give Miami a chance. I would highly suggest the "steak for two". While all the entrees are well prepared, the steak for two, three or more is a truly exceptional choice. The service was also second to none and rivaled most other high-end restaurants in the area. Definitely a 5-star experience here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightArtyTheKDined on 10/6/2013Everything was impeccable. From cocktails through entree and side. We had steak for two. Prepared perfectly. The cold lobster app was delicious, at $22 I wish I had another bite or two. German potatoes and the creamed spinach were great. It was a slow night (Sunday) My only slight peeve is the place is very hard to find and the girl on the phone had no real precise way to give us directions. I'm very glad we found it. I'd recommend it over Capitol Grill and the other chains in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steak and serviceRhmattnyVIPDined on 10/5/2013Mirrors the great service and food of its New York counterparts. Our second dinner at the Miami location and we will return soon. Comfortable atmosphere great service and the best steak anywhere. Best bet is is the sliced steak for 2,3 or 4 in a group Hint- if you are not a big eater order the steak for one less person.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ExperienceLadyLoveDined on 10/5/2013I eat out a lot. Its a favorite pass time of mine, and it has been years since I have enjoyed a dining experience this much. The food was amazing and the quality was far above anything I would ever have expected., but what really caught me off-guard were the ENORMOUS portion size of the steaks, the lamb chops and the salmon!!! WOW is all I can say. My friends were thrilled with my choice of restaurant and we all left the restaurant already planning my our next celebration!!!. AWESOME!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!KJsreviewVIPDined on 9/21/2013This is a great spot, go with a group and get a shared steak! Great sides. I'll be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Wolfgang RestaurantwinendineVIPDined on 9/12/2013Wolfgang needs to visit this place soon to improve it. The seafood platter was expensive and the seafood had been in the fridge way too long. The shrimp, lobster, crabmeat all seemed to come out of a can. Just across the street at Capital Grille this similar platter is the best in town. I think the fish one of us had came from a frozen package. Others said the steak was ok. The mashed potatoes were soupy and not whipped. We didn't order dessert.
- Steak house notSheliaDined on 9/11/2013Took clients for a dinner. The view is fabulous & the staff excellent. The best part of our meal was the seafood platter appetizer. My steak had no flavor, tough, not marbeled & just plain disappointing. (Yes, I ordered MR & it was cooked MR.) I have bought & cooked better steaks from Publix. They need to find a better meat source.Special Features:
- Unexpected service chargeTomasVIPDined on 9/7/2013We have visited several times, the porterhouse for two is amazing and plenty, side dishes are just the essential. The service mediocre. What is unacceptable is the included 18% service charge for two with that type of service.Special Features:
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2013Service excellent. Chopped salad very, very good and different. Tender and tasty Porterhouse.Special Features:
- No comparison to other Wolfgang'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2013I was very disappointed by the service. It seems the waiters were on the job for the first day. Especially one of them was very unprofessional as plates were shoved on the table, plates were removed without much asking. to me it seemed he didn't like to work there. If so, then don't. The service at Il Gabbiano's right next to it is exquisite! The waiters are friendly and very attentive. Food and plates and dinnerware is discretely placed. The maitre d' was very friendly and came by several times. It appears he didn't have the best selection of waiters, certainly not what you expect in a high end restaurant like this. The food was excellent. The steaks were perfectly and tastefully prepared as well as appetizers and salads.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceDagonDined on 8/31/2013Except for prices, not memorable! The food that we had was good but the greeting at front flip to the point of insulting, service spotty and the atmosphere was a downer.
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2013Best steak I 've had in Miami and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverPRICED!!!GoodDined on 8/23/2013Good food and good service, nice decor/ambiance but is way too Expensive!Special Features:
- It never ceases to amaze meOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2013It never ceases to amaze me how a promoter of a fine restaurant with great food and a substantial investment can open with mediocre service at best. The steaks are terrific, as are the sides. However, the service was truly awful. The servers were inexperienced, inattentive and easily distracted are bored. My guest and I who were there for a business lunch sat unattended for multiple periods of time--water classes being empty, plates not being cleared and simply being ignored. I hope they fix this problem and bring in expereienced, well trained and attentive staff.Special Features:
- NoteJPDineVIPDined on 8/18/2013Food & service were excellent. A little pricy but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Experience and food were fine.pickyDined on 8/17/2013Experience and food were fine. Not an "oh wow" evening but was a good steak house dinner.Special Features:
- Experience with Wolfgang SteakhouseLboeruDined on 8/17/2013On local channel 7 was presented the Wolfgang as a place you can eat a good steak and German potatoes, so we tried it. The place has excellent ambiance and experienced waiters. The German potatoes had the Spanish onion burned which gave them a "special bitter taste", not to mention"tones of butter", as floating agent. The steak was aged to perfection, but it was cooked in the oven and with lots of butter, so the taste was altered to bad.The waiters were trying to push the melted butter out of the steak by placing the plate on a ramp (did not work). Ruth Chris steakhouse cooks also in high temperature ovens and sprays butter on top, to bring it sizzling at the table, but the quantity is small and the steak does not have a "buttery" taste.Special Features:
- Poor service.Luvpeking1VIPDined on 8/7/2013Honestly I was extremely disappointed to the point that I really wanted to stand up and leave. Super uncomfortable . Our waiter seemed to be in such a rush all the time we were there. Standing very close to our table all the time!!! We were the only ones dining. Our reservation was for 10:00 pm we even arrived 30 minutes prior. Food was good but seemed like it was a bit cold. This is my second time dining here and it was from day to night. What a shame.Special Features:
- Awesome - steaksDianneVIPDined on 8/4/2013Our party of four agreed that this was the best steak ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 Steak in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2013Had the BEST steak we've ever had in Miami last Friday night after the theater, and we've lived there for 50 years! We ordered the porterhouse for 2, with german potatoes on the side, and split a Caesar salad. The steak was incredibly tender and wonderfully flavorful,potatoes terrific also. It was done (medium rare) to perfection. We'll be back! (Very pricy though).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined early on a July weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/30/2013We dined early on a July week night, the place was uncomfortably void of many other guests.
- A nice setting with attentiveKAS1VIPDined on 7/26/2013A nice setting with attentive service. Had lunch here and at lunch I typically do not want to eat a large steak. At their suggestion I ordered the steak sandwich which was average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013excellent food and service despite being very priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was yummy, but...NycartsDined on 7/8/2013Wolfgangs was a disappointment. For high end steak house, Caesar salad was tasteless, limp greens, creamed spinach also tasteless, and german potatoes seemed a reheated leftover. Rib eye steak, however, was delicious as was martini preparation. Bread basket was mediocre as we're the desserts of key lime pie and tiramisu. Restaurant was empty on a Monday night and for a newly opened place touted for bringing NYC steakhouse to Miami a sad offering. Here's hoping that with time, the place will get better, but for now have a drink at the bar and a steak and then head for the door.
- Best Steakhouse in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/6/2013Great service , best NY strip ever.......and awesome pecan pieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect steakLatinumDined on 7/6/2013This is defintley a place to go for a steak. The Rib-Eye was Wörth every penny. We sat inside and it became very noisy with all the upcoming guests, espacially at the Bar. The staff did an excellent Job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgang'sMooMooDined on 6/19/2013The service was a little slow, no explanation whatsoever of breads, sauces and food. Overall the porterhouse steak was amazing but the attention to detail made the visit a little lack luster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2013The service is impeccable, very attentive staff, delicious food, wonderful wine. A great choice for indoor or outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everReadyseteatDined on 6/18/2013Wife and I were celebrating. Been to two of his restaurants in New York. service was top notch, from New York restaurant. Waitstaff were helpful in choosing side dish and dessert. The porterhouse was seasoned and cooked to perfection. Potatoes added to the experience. Crab appetizer was fresh and plentiful. Canada bacon was a treat. Strudel for dessert with coffee completed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter Luger in Miami!DumbdudeVIPDined on 6/17/2013Excellent food and service. The steak for 3 was perfectly broiled. The German Potatoes were excellent. The strudel was great. For a steakhouse I would give it high marks. We plan to return. The tuna tatare appetizer and the shrimp cocktail were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/9/2013was amazing! Great choice of wines and very good wine specials!Special Features:
- Get out your walletOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/8/2013This feels like a New York steak house. Very attentive staff. We sat on the second floor away from the happening scene. Definitely not an A table. The Caesar salad was delicious . The steak cooked to perfection. Not a place to go if your watching your pocketbook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.