Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Miami
315 S Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangssteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 3054877130
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday starting at 12:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday ending at 10:30pm, Friday ending at 11:00pm; Dinner: Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Miami
With 4 decades of experience at Peter Luger's Steakhouse, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for two, three, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Miami - Best Restaurants in Downtown Miami ›
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (23)romantic (20)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (17)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- In need of businessReviewer12345Dined on 5/3/2014Too many empty tables. The service is nice, and some of the staff are great - which isn't easy in Miami. Others try but are clearly inexperienced and stick to the script. The steak was not worth it - bland and gray. No beautiful redness. The potatoes were burned black. The hosts kept asking how everything was but failed to notice what was in front of them.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Peter Lugar's they are NOT. Every dish was overloaded wt salt (if you have a heart condition stay away.) when questioned the manager we were told they use a lot of salt for flavoring. Any restaurant that requires only salt to flavor their food is not worth the experience.
- Business DinnerMattDined on 4/23/2014Went to the restaurant on a Wednesday night for a business dinner. The inside was empty. Sat outside with a nice view and good breezes. All dinner items were excellent. Ribeye was cooked perfectly. I highly recommend the Canadian bacon app. Key lime pie was the perfect dessert as well. My standby favorite in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsBroncoVIPDined on 4/14/2014I have been to this venue now on two occasions. Food was better the first time, steak this time was a little fatty/grisley. Service was excellent, but for the price, it should be better. A bit disappointing.Special Features:
- The beef Porterhouse Steak!!TiffanyVIPDined on 4/11/2014This restaurant has the best Porterhouse steak you will ever eatSpecial Features:
- Great SteakRealMVIPDined on 4/5/2014The service is OK. Steaks great. Salads delicious and Bacon like always. SImple and Great Flavor. I recommend this place for everybody who loves dry aged steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime dining spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2014Ruth's Chris and Capital Grill we're our go to steak places. No longer! We had lunch at the chain's Miami restaurant a couple days ago and wow, this place puts it all together! The view from the waterfront outdoor patio was amazing and the service was spot on. My wife and I both had the filet, hers medium, mine extra rare. These were the best, the absolute best, steaks we've ever had! The sides of mashed potatoes and broccoli were also delicious... and I don't even like broccoli!. We washed it all down with a glass of wine and finished by sharing a tiramisu. Bottom line, if the other 7 Wolfgang's locations (four in NYC and one each in Beverly Hills, Waikiki and Tokyo) are anything like this, RC and Capital Grill are in trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was prompt and attentivetravlerDined on 3/22/2014Service was prompt and attentive but the waiter did tell me 3 times in the same sentence that THERE ARE NO SUBSTITUTIONS. I got it the first time and felt it was rather rude. Steak was ordered medium (what they call a warm and pink center) but it was medium-rare to rare. The mashed potatoes and broccoli side dishes were good - basic but good. Salmon was fishy so I did not eat it and the manager was kind enough to take it off the check. They also brought us a complimentary dessert wine, but we aren't into that so we passed on it. View along river and bay was beautiful. It is just as pricey as Capital Grille and Mortons, and next time I would pick one of those over Wolfgang's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedFloridianDined on 3/21/2014Restaurant has a good view, food is ok and overpriced and the service is ok. Portions are too big, share the main courses!
- Come Hungry, stay lateJohnawcVIPDined on 3/19/2014We went on the recommendation of a friend who is also a steak lover. As you would expect we both had steaks that were simply excellent. The main courses are HUGE!! Side vegetables meant for two to share are good for four. Although desert was tempting, there was no room at the inn. The waiter was spectacular, on sight when needed and out of sight when not. He knew EVERYTHING about the menu, and he was rightfully proud of the house specials. The wine list is extrordinary. One wine that I had been longing to try, the Duckhorn Golden Eye, was available and it was really special. The crowd noise was a bit much, but it was a Friday. Not inexpensive, but for a special occasion, it is a worthwhile experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not cookedlamourdevieeDined on 3/13/2014the place was nice to start with. we ordered tuna tartare for appetizer which was delicious but we had to ask for soy sauce but it was semi flavorless. then we ordered well done ny strip steak, and medium lamb chops and asked for no blood. the strip steak was brought to us medium .. meat was absolutely pink. and the lamb chops were rare medium and had blood everywhere so we had to send it back to get cooked more. the lamb chops were not good, mostly everything was fat. the ny strip was delicious. we also ordered a loaded baked potato and it seemed like the potato was just not fully cooked as well. we didnt eat it at all. so overall not so amused with the place
- Enjoyable experience!crabbypattyDined on 3/6/2014Our waiter Tony was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided excellent service. I believe without a good waiter who is knowledgeable about the menu and its portions, it's hard to have an outstanding experience. All the staff who waited on us were very professional and attentive. The meal was perfect. Every order at our table was cooked correctly and hot when it came to the table. Cheers to a job well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2014The view is breathtaking and makes for a great romantic evening. The birds can get a bit noisy but it's tolerable. The food was outstanding. Highly recommend the rib eye and porterhouse steak. Service is great and they are very attentive. Give it a try :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive But ExcellentJGronlierDined on 3/1/2014Best Steak in Miami ,,Hands down.. just like the NY establishment located in Park Ave.. Meat was juicy , cooked to perfection , sides were very well prepared and servedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Porterhouse steak!!TiffanyVIPDined on 3/1/2014I am not a big meat eater but it is the best steak i've eaten in a long time. Love the ambiance and service. Everything is great from beginning to end. great salad, sides and dessert.Special Features:
- What a GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2014We watched the sunset from our outdoor perch as we experienced impeccable service and extraordinary food. You get what you pay for and Wolfgang's is top notch.Special Features:
- Now I don't have to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2014Now I don't have to go back to NY for the best steak. Peter Luger's identical sister is here in Miami. SUPER!Special Features:
- Good location in downtownFornaioDined on 2/15/2014Good location in downtown Miami. Portions are huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The valet parking was easysunshineDined on 2/14/2014The valet parking was easy and affordable. The reservation was totally honored even though it was Valentines Day evening. The outdoor seating was beautiful. Service could be improved and more attentive, but the onion rolls were delicious. The cesar salad was not up to par, but the fabulous Porterhouse steak for two was done to perfection the best I have ever eaten.. Kudos for the preparation of the mushrooms. The beautiful rose that was presented as we left the restaurant was a lovely gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Miami!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2014Dining here was a wonderful experience! The steak is flawless and so was the rest of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a let downIlovesteakDined on 2/8/2014When I arrived I expected the valet to be $7, but the valet informed me that the garage was full so it was now $20 for parking! The restaurant atmosphere was very pleasant and the hostess sat us right away. However, once we sat down the service was not what I expected from a higher end restaurant. We had to wait 10-15 minutes to order wine and it wasn't even our waiter who took our drink order. Another waiter happened to walk by and asked us if we had been helped and I told him no so he took our drink order. Our waiter finally showed up and we informed him we had already ordered drinks. The steak was great, but the sides were just mediocre. For the money, I would recommend Prime 112 because they never disappoint with food or service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Water View DiningWinemakerVIPDined on 2/6/2014Nice, relaxed atmosphere with tables on outside balcony overlooking riverway. Service is attentive and friendly. Enjoyed wine recommendation. Shrimp cocktail was tasty. Ribeye was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgang's satisfies!!MarcoVIPDined on 2/3/2014In the crowded high-end meat market, Wolfgang's presents itself very well. The spacious restaurant layout has very comfortable seating with plenty of privacy between tables. The background noise is pleasant, and compatable with dinner conversation. We had the steak-for-two (house special porterhouse) and german potato (hash browns w/ onion) - both were absolutely delicious. The bread basket, cesar salad, and drinks were all quite good (but nothing exceptional). The warm apple strudel dessert was yummy. The service was crisp, professional, and quite excellent. For a high-end steak restaurant dinner, Wolfgang's definitely delivers, and we'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatDoctorstrongsauceVIPDined on 2/2/2014The steak for two was excelent, baked potato not good, the wine list really expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomejaredVIPDined on 1/24/2014An amazing steak as always, hit the bacon, german potatoes & creamed spinach, pecan pie is awesome w the schlag!Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service.MiamiDined on 1/21/2014Outstanding food and service. Great attention to detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak houseDairyprincessDined on 1/20/2014A group of us went for dinner. The bone in rib eye was awesome! The wait staff was attentive the food good and dessert awesome too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lamb ChopsSteveDined on 1/7/2014I had some of the best lamb chops ever at Wolfgang's. The wine selection was excellent. The side dishes (steak fries and asparagus) not quite so impressive (hollandaise is supposed to be a sauce, this was more like cold egg yolk jello).Special Features:
- Outstanding food & service!TiffanyVIPDined on 1/4/2014We loved Wolfgang!!. The Porterhouse was amazing!!... The staff was attentive and I loved the overall ambiance. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Best Steak in FloridaBlueirisVIPDined on 1/4/2014We just moved to Florida from NJ. When we lived up north, we frequented Wolfgang's in New York. We have been to every major steakhouse in NY and In our opinion, Wolfgang's has the best steak. Their salads, sides, etc. are second to none as well. The Wolfgang's Salad is fantastic - chopped string beans, onions, bacon, lettuce, tomato in their signature vinaigrette. Caesar salad is also a winner. We usually get the Steak for 2 - or 3 - or 4 - depending on how many people we are dining with. Service is impeccable as well. We have eaten at several steakhouses in Miami & South Florida, but nothing compares to Wolfgang's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the restaurant wasZoriWDined on 1/1/2014Although the restaurant was pretty much empty when our party got seated, we still did not get good service. I had to ask for water more than once to get it. The food is delicious. The steaks are cooked to perfection. The Sea Bass melts in your mouth. We also tried the ahi tuna and bacon!! The food and the location are fantastic, but the service was poor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A highly recommended place to dine!SimonaDined on 12/31/2013Awesome food, great service, good for special occasion. I and my husband had a dinner at Wolfgang's Steakhouse in the 2014 New Year's Eve and it was just a great experience! Although there were many guests there that night, we had our steak just when it was supposed to come and our wine glasses were been filled regularly. And we were impressed when the head of the restaurant came up to every table to meet guests. We really enjoyed the evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite New YorkRRinFLDined on 12/24/2013The steaks are by far the best around but the ambiance keeps the experience from being complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomegiocajuniorDined on 12/24/2013The overall food quality, specialy the stake, was beyond my expectations. Service is good with very helpful waiters. You don't wait very long for you glass to be refilled and the view from the bay is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot recommend a meal hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/18/2013I have now been to both lunch and dinner at Wolfgang's and cannot recommend it all. The food just isn't very good for an expensive steakhouse. I had dinner there early before a Heat game and the restaurant was about 1/3 full. Yet our waiter was totally distracted. I don't know what was going on but he wasn't the least bit interested in our table. I had a filet which was not good at all and my friend had the ny strip which was mediocre. The prices are higher than Mortons, Capital Grille, etc and the quality is not nearly as good. I will not return and I work in the building right next door.
- Mis-steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/15/2013Wolfgang's was underwhelming to say the least. Waiter was less than friendly and at times he seemed like waiting on us was a chore. He did point out that wild salmon was being replaced by farm raised. Steaks were not what they were billed to be and overall the quality of food and service did not justify the price.
- FrustratedToddVIPDined on 12/14/2013Was seated promptly, but waited 15 minutes shortly after the restaurant opened and nobody waited on us in any manner. No hello, no water, nothing. We excused ourself politely with the hostess and went to A different restaurant.
- fantastic steaksNeilDined on 12/4/2013Took clients hoping for a memorable experience. Everything was excellent, especially the ribeye steaks. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for steak loversOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2013Nice spot in Miami, great view if you catch a window or outside table. And the steaks are awsome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work dinnerMattDined on 11/12/2013Tried out Wolfgang for a future work function. We wanted to sample the menu. Waiter was excellent and provided good recommendations. Canadian bacon app was excellent, rib eye was one of the best I have had. Key lime pie with homemade whipped topping was excellent. I even took a second piece to go for my wife. Highly recommend and I am taking a group there in JanuarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.