John Harvard's Brewery and Ale House
1 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
John Harvard's Brewery and Ale House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnharvards.com/
- Phone: 5088752337
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Juan Mejia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We thank you for your interest in John Harvard"s Brewery Private Dining! Our crowd-pleasing offerings are a delicious, convenient way to entertain large gatherings of 10 people or more in any setting. Whether planning a fun social event at home or an important business function at your office, John Harvard's is the perfect way to enjoy large-party portions of your hand-prepared dishes. John Harvard's function menu offers easy-to-order menu combinations as well as a variety of our favorite foods a la carte. We offer everything from exciting appetizers to our signature spent grain pizzas,comfort food, fresh salads, pastas and brewhouse favorites, specialty entrees to our current list of beer. Additionally, our team is happy to create a customized menu for private beer dinners and an insight on beer brewing by our brewer director and our executive chef.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Scott 5088752337
A word from John Harvard's Brewery and Ale House
Home of Framingham’s Award-Winning Brews John Harvard’s Framingham has a long list of award-winning brews, a casual family-friendly atmosphere and a large private dining room for special events and meetings. Stop by to watch a game in the pub area, sample one of our medal-contender beers on tap or cask, and try a premium burger or spent grain pizza made from the brewing grains. Great Comfort Food menu selection with Chicken Pot Pie winning many awards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
John Harvard's Brewery and Ale House reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- The server could be more attentive.YoginiHDined on 6/19/2013While we placed the order, the server just took the order and left without asking any follow up questions: e.g. what side do you want or what the options are available. We had to called her back a few times to ensure the order was placed correctly .That was a bit strange and it was not a busy day. For this reason, I am rating the overall as 3 stars.
- Average Spot for a Business LunchBusinessGuyDined on 6/12/2013Grabbed a quiet spot for a later business lunch. Food was about average - wasn't looking for anything stellar and felt that I got an average meal for an average price. Didn't have any beer so I can't comment on that. Service was good - our waitress knew it was a business lunch and kept our ice teas refilled but vanished when we were ready to pay the bill. If nothing else I'd sum everything about John Harvard's as "average"I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2013This restaurant is poorly managed, from the front desk to the hostess, wait staff, total confusion. No one seemed to know what they were doing. It took an hour for our order to come which consisted of a shrimp salad and a veggie burger. I've got to hand it to our waiter, a really nice guy, who was totally unhappy and miserable. He was constantly apologizing to us for having to wait so long. Management needs to pay attention to the total picture. Some training to staff along the lines of a Panera (who do an awesome joy with customer service) would be a good idea.
- Family friendly casual placeDickDined on 5/12/2013Not for a quiet meal, especially on Mother's Day! Staff were uniformly pleasant and accommodating, we were seated promptly. Server was quick and efficient, food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outGraftondinerDined on 5/4/2013We had a very enjoyable dinner at John Harvards. The blueberry ale with brown sugar rim was delicious, as was the calamari and dinner selections. Waitress was terrific; just the right balance of attentiveness, talking and service. Thanks for letting us take our time to enjoy our night and food without feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We like the booths becauselovely2lunchDined on 4/26/2013We like the booths because it can become noisy at lunchtime.Special Features:
- Reservations were a snap.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Reservations were a snap. Food was great and the waiter was warm and friendly without being over bearing. We did not feel rushed even though we knew some people were waiting. A nice visit. Will go again.Special Features:
- I love their beer. If youJ111VIPDined on 4/19/2013I love their beer. If you don't know which beer you like, try beer sampler first. Food is also very good at reasonable prices.
- The kettle chips appetizer:OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2013The kettle chips appetizer: delicious and very generous! We split a plate of steak and gorgonzola pasta: wonderful! Our server, Derek, heard it was my birthday,put candles into my Apple Crisp, and they took it off of the check! The whole experience was excellent.Special Features:
- We did find a bit noisy evenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013We did find a bit noisy even though I requested a table away from the bar. We were with friends that we hadn't seen in years and the conversation was difficult d/t the noise level. The food was fine and the service was good.Special Features:
- Large portions, inviting staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Large portions, inviting staff, and attentive service. Brews are above average. Great place for appetizers and drinks after work.Special Features:
- Just OK. Nothing special.Datenight95Dined on 3/24/2013Just OK. Nothing special. Not sure if I would make a special effort to go back. I did appreciate gluten-free menuSpecial Features:
- The staff, including hostesses,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/15/2013The staff, including hostesses, bartenders, and waiters and waitresses are totally awesome!! We have been going there every Friday for years, and ave no intention to change this practice!Special Features:
- Usually good...DaisyVIPDined on 3/13/2013Usually reliably good burgers & beer but things were a little off this time. The beer (blueberry cinnamon)although good enough was luke warm - I think it was served in a warm glass just washed. The veggie burger was excellent and french fries were very good, too. But the regular burgers were very overcooked and unedible around the edges (ordered medium well) and the sweet potatoes were soggy. We'll be back because we've had many other very good experiences. This one wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as we've come to expect.Special Features:
- Exceptional hamburgers andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013Exceptional hamburgers and top notch pulled pork sandwich. Sides of french fries and cole slaw were tiny. Fries were bland and uninspiring. Appreciated the immediate glass of water brought to the table. Good but not great dining experience. Room for improvement.Special Features:
- It was a very busy SaturdayEVLZDined on 3/9/2013It was a very busy Saturday night and we were so happy to have the reservation. We walked right in and got seated. There were six of us, so it really made a difference. People in line wanted to know how we got the reservation!Special Features:
- Everyone loved the beer butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Everyone loved the beer but my two mixed drinks were fair. Was disappointed because they were fairly common. (Cosmo and ended with chocolate martini) and paid extra for Ketel One. Although I made reservation, we still waited over half hour for table. Front desk was total confusion.
- Waited 20 min after our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/9/2013Waited 20 min after our reservation. Attitude of staff was not customer centric No desire to go back
- Very poor welcomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/9/2013Our reservation was not honored and the staff was very rude to us. We ended up leaving, and we don't plan on dining there in the future. This used to be place we enjoyed going to, so it is a shame that they no longer respectably treat their customers, especially VIP Open Table customers,.
- I dined with a party of fourRTfromMADined on 3/9/2013I dined with a party of four on a Saturday night at 6:00. The atmosphere was comfortable; full but not overly noisy. I had the salmon with saffron rice and broccoli, not a crumb left on the plate. Other meals consumed were a cheeseburger, buffalo wings, Caesar salad, and twin filet medallions, and everyone enjoyed their meals. Our service was a little on the slow side, but each appetizer and entree came out exactly right. I will return.Special Features: