Sarabeth's Park Avenue South
381 Park Ave South
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sarabeth's Park Avenue South
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sarabethsrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2123350093x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Late Lunch/Tea: 4:00-5:00PM;
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Bar: Open until 11PM. Thursday, Friday, Saturday until Midnight;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Freda Sugarman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Event spaces for 20 to 100 guests with A/V equipment.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Cartiglia 2123350093
A word from Sarabeth's Park Avenue South
We serve Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Dinner and Brunch in this great space, between the hours of 8AM and 11PM, daily. With a full bar, private rooms and A/V facilities, this is a perfect location for your next breakfast meeting or private dinner event.Continued
We also have live jazz music every Wednesday evening and offer happy hour daily from 4pm to 7pm.
Join us for Restaurant Week 2014!
We also have live jazz music every Wednesday evening and offer happy hour daily from 4pm to 7pm.
Join us for Restaurant Week 2014!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Sarabeth's Park Avenue South - Best Restaurants in Gramercy / Flatiron ›
Sarabeth's Park Avenue South reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (160)great for lunch (93)good for groups (75)kid-friendly (52)neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (49)great for outdoor dining (44)special occasion (30)hot spot (16)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Appetizers were very goodstickwithdrinksDined on 6/8/2013Appetizers were very good but the entrées were mediocre at best. The snapper was poorly prepared and the clams it was served with had cracked shells and were inedible. Would go back to the bar but skip dinner.
- I love coming here for brunch.JessDined on 6/8/2013I love coming here for brunch. The food is great and they're quick to serve. This place is perfect for families!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need reeducation about service!!visit130608Dined on 6/8/2013When I decide to go to NYC, I booked this place right away and so excited to have a great breakfast with my family. Place was really new and cool. Foods were fantastic!! But our table was really noisy/messy window side (there is constructing outside) even they have a lots of space with beautiful view. Also when we start to eating,The employee of Sarabeth's began cleaning with the mop next to our table!! I can't believe it their service and attitude. If you don't care thats kind of rough service, you may enjoy there.Special Features:
- Liked my food, the drinksskillznycDined on 6/8/2013Liked my food, the drinks were good but what I would like to see is a better price point. For the cost, I would have expected a little more in the French Toast I got..Special Features:
- How to survive a rainy Friday.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2013Truly excellent service - the tortellini w/rabe was a bit too al dente and didn't seem homemade - had to ask for extra sauce - served sort've lukewarm. I will definitely return as I love Sarabeth's brunches and it was nice to be in a quiet, spacious space and it's close to home and good for a single dining experience too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge space. Food terrific.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/5/2013Huge space. Food terrific. Service was slow but I think this is because the restaurant is new.Special Features:
- Skip the dinnerJimmyDined on 6/4/2013Slow service, decent entres, but the best indicator of quality at low-end fine dining is sometimes the bread: Stale!
- Go for brunch; skip dinnerSarahVIPDined on 6/2/2013Sarabeth's is known for brunch, so I thought that dinner may be just as good.... Sadly no. The restaurant was empty for dinner on Sunday night. The food was fine, but not notable. The appetizers were the stand out -- the crab guacamole and pretzel bread were really good. Our entrees were just okay - the seafood pasta as something I could have made at home. The short rib putennexca was disappointing. The short rib was really dry (which is a crime for short rib). The service was fair at best. I'll go back to Sarabeth's, but only for brunch.Special Features:
- This place was almost completelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2013This place was almost completely empty when we were there for dinner-- clearly their business is focused on their brunch. The food was pretty good but nothing to write home about. Our server was very nice and quite helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Manhattan BrunchJME123Dined on 5/28/2013We read that this place was famed for brunch, it didn't let us down. Amazing eggs benedict and omelette, beautiful preserves and breads. The decor was also lovely, classic and smart but not at all stuffy. Well done Sarabeth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service too slowOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/22/2013Too forever to take our order and get food, obviously they need more staff. Better during off peak times.Special Features:
- Great service, nice lunchFineDinerVIPDined on 5/20/2013A perfect lunch for two. We were initially seated in the middle of the restaurant, which was quite noisy. We asked to move and were given a booth along the wall which was perfect. Our waitress couldn't have been nicer. Food was quite good, and the prix fixe lunch is a bargain. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waitress was sweet butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2013The waitress was sweet but she didn't talk loud enough and no one at the table could hear her. The apps were great but the main courses weren't.
- Modern atmosphere with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013My first visit revealed to me a restaurant that cares as much about their food as the ambiance. The menu reflected creative twists to traditional items as well as innovative dishes. Presentation of the food was excellent. The modern decor managed to be warm and welcoming. The wait staff was attentive to detail and returned to the table several times during busy lunch service to ensure all of our needs were met. I have added Sarabeth's to my list of favorites and will definitely recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:
- Superb ExperienceHotwheels4funDined on 5/14/2013The brunch experience was excellent & a memorable one. I really appreciate the staff's attentiveness to my needs as a patron using a power wheelchair and the entrance with both set of doors open, was easily accessible. The setting had an elegant simplicity about it without being ostentatious. Staff was very friendly and the banter highly enjoyable!Special Features:
- Great food/service/ambienceGGoodDined on 5/12/2013Sarabeth's Park Avenue South did not disappoint. The environment is bright and modern, the service/waitstaff were very nice and attentive, and the food was great. The menu is perfect for an afternoon brunch on the weekend too because they serve breakfast options in the early afternoon. Highly recommend this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good new restaurant.ResreviewDined on 5/10/2013We had a light meal--shared pizza and a salad and both dishes were outstanding. Atmosphere was very pleasant but most importantly, the noise level was quiet (maybe because it was early) but the tables are spaced appropriately apart. I am becoming so displeased with the level of NOISE in many restaurants these days. I try to avoid noisy restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place in New York0909Dined on 5/10/2013I really loved the food, service, and nice environment. This place was he best place in my last trip in New York.Special Features:
- Loving careLauraRVIPDined on 5/8/2013This incarnation of Sarabeth's has moved away from the comfy-cozy-desserty formula and is a bit sleeker and more sophisticated in both food and ambiance, making it an oasis in a neighborhood of steakhouses and pubs. But the subject of my sermon is Karolyne, the world's best waitress. After three visits, we are family. Clearly, the staff here (or at least Karolyne) is well-trained, well-treated, and confident enough to give truly good service. That's what brings me back to a place. New summer menu has some gems as well, including short-rib putanesca and some new fish preparations. One final note: "Flight of Ice Cream Sandwiches." *swoon*Special Features:
- Sarabeth's Park Avenue South DinnerChuckVIPDined on 5/6/2013I have always loved Sarabeth's for brunch or lunch, and I was eager to visit their newest location on Park Avenue South and 27th Street. I found it particularly unimpressive for dinner. Our server was extremely nice, but hadn't been working there long and wasn't quite familiar with all of the food. The food was overhwelmingly average and surprisingly heavy -- a real departure from the light lunch fare i have always enjoyed. Desert was the best part of the meal. I would recommend Sarabeth's for breakfast lunch or brunch, or also afternoon tea which is a really nice old-school tradition that they do exceptionally well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food (both tasteNicoleSVIPDined on 4/30/2013Excellent food (both taste and presentation), excellent ambiance and excellent service. I love this place and I couldn't be happier that it recently popped up in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Needs better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2013Food was delicious, but server forgot our drinks, food took MUCH LONGER than usual, and he messed up our order. Will go back, but hoping we have better service next time. No excuses for just poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely space but the tableseconomistmumVIPDined on 4/29/2013Lovely space but the tables are too close together especially given two empty rooms at the back. Service was not good, bill presented without asking if we wanted dessert or coffee. No dressing on ( good) Cobb salad and when I asked for more it was delivered less than gracefully. Grilled cheese sandwich was unusual, but if not standard grilled cheese there should be a warning on the menu about the pretzel roll, which was not welcome. Food not as good as the UESSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to the SarabethOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2013Nice addition to the Sarabeth chain. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the food was good,normVIPDined on 4/28/2013Although the food was good, it took over an hour to finally get it....and it came out at different times. The manager was not very helpful either. The first time we were there was a very good experienceSpecial Features:
- Great place for friends and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Lovely setting, delicious food. Did not feel rushed to leave and was able to socialize with my party.Special Features:
- This was my first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2013This was my first time dining at a Sarabeths. This is the newest Sarabeth's, in Grammercy park. I found it elegant and sedate, with ample space between tables and cosy booths. And no loud music, which can ruin a restaurant in my opinion. The service was superb; our server, Ronie, was extremely pleasant and enthusiastic. Our entrees--shrimp and grits, and red snapper--were delicious. Desserts were tasty and fun. I would love to go again.Special Features:
- Very good ambiance and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2013Very good ambiance and service but the food is just fair .We had the chicken with popover,pizza and chicken salad for dinner.The 3 of us all were of the same opinion; food at best was fair.
- Beautiful place. Yakes reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/24/2013Beautiful place. Yakes reservations, which is great. Decor is excellent!Special Features:
- Really pleasant brunch experience..NYCFoodieVIPDined on 4/20/2013Really pleasant brunch experience..very good food and serviceSpecial Features:
- The food was mediocre andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/19/2013The food was mediocre and overpriced-especially for what we had. The pizza was soggy; the adult grilled cheese is not grilled done on pretzel bread so basically just sort of pressed, not grilled. Salads not dressed properly. Very disappointing. A far cry from how good the original place on the west side used to be.
- The menu description didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/18/2013The menu description didn't match the final plate. Waiter unfamiliar with menu items
- A great new addition to thePMDSVIPDined on 4/17/2013A great new addition to the area. Larger space than uptown locations is nice.Special Features:
- I had breakfast with my teenageKathyVIPDined on 4/15/2013I had breakfast with my teenage daughter here on a weekday. She ordered the buttermilk pancakes and I ordered the fluffy french toast. We both utterly enjoyed our meals and lingered over coffee and juice. The staff was attentive and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The only suggestion I have is to change from small coffee cups to large mugs! I had to flag down the waiter several times to refill my dinky cup. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Fancy Comfort Food 4 SophisticatesLoveLunchVIPDined on 4/14/2013We had a family celebration which included a 2-year old. The staff was wonderfully warm and welcoming and made us feel super comfortable.While the food is delish and offers many sophisticated versions of comfort food, it is appropriate to bring children. We ALL really loved this new Sarabeth's -- even more than the uptown one!!! We will be back with and without children.Special Features:
- Just an awful experience overall.gvcaldaVIPDined on 4/13/2013Just an awful experience overall. I've been to CPS location years ago and liked it. But this new location has really got to work out the kinks. Waited an hour for our food which was a simple order of french toasts and eggs. Brought out the wrong plate to me TWICE! And the food was nothing special at that price. Ruined my sister's birthday and we had better meals at IHOP for 1/5 the price.
- blahOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013stick with Central Park location. Food was not good and the service is even worse. I love Sarabeth's on Central Park and this one was just a waste of $59 for breakfast
- A very so/so dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2013A group of 7 friends went to dinner at Sarabeth's Park Ave. The restaurant is big and we didnt feel cramped or on top of the table to next to us which was nice. The service was OK. The runners were very attentive, constantly filling up our waters and clearing our table without rushing. Our waitress on teh other hand was not very present. After seeing a neighboring table sit down after us and get bread baskets we had to request it, at which point she kind of laughed at us. She didnt check on us after our food was brought out. The food was just ok, nothing terrible but nothing great- lacking flavor and not worth the price at all. I am not sure I will be back for dinner here.Special Features:
- an excellent addition to theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/9/2013an excellent addition to the sarabeth's family.. we loved it!Special Features:
- Not bad but not quite whatjamieVIPDined on 4/2/2013Not bad but not quite what I expected. Had the pancakes (lemon and ricotta) with blackberries, which was delicious, but the plates were very spartan and plain. Just an odd experience.