Sarabeth's Park Avenue South
381 Park Ave South
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sarabeth's Park Avenue South
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sarabethsrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2123350093x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Late Lunch/Tea: 4:00-5:00PM;
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Bar: Open until 11PM. Thursday, Friday, Saturday until Midnight;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Freda Sugarman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Event spaces for 20 to 100 guests with A/V equipment.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Cartiglia 2123350093
A word from Sarabeth's Park Avenue South
We serve Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Dinner and Brunch in this great space, between the hours of 8AM and 11PM, daily. With a full bar, private rooms and A/V facilities, this is a perfect location for your next breakfast meeting or private dinner event.Continued
We also have live jazz music every Wednesday evening and offer happy hour daily from 4pm to 7pm.
Join us for Restaurant Week 2014!
We also have live jazz music every Wednesday evening and offer happy hour daily from 4pm to 7pm.
Join us for Restaurant Week 2014!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Sarabeth's Park Avenue South - Best Restaurants in Gramercy / Flatiron ›
Sarabeth's Park Avenue South reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (146)great for lunch (83)good for groups (79)kid-friendly (54)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (44)great for outdoor dining (35)special occasion (24)hot spot (18)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Get the lemon-ricotta pancakesthompso2VIPDined on 7/14/2013We came for an early brunch and we glad we did, as the place was packed by the time we left. The lemon-ricotta pancakes were great, and the chorizo and pepper frittata got good reviews too.Special Features:
- Wow!MaggieVIPDined on 7/11/2013The food was amazing, everything was fresh and prepared in a very healthy way. The service was friendly and timely. We loved it! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The vegetable enchiladas tastedFigsDined on 7/9/2013The vegetable enchiladas tasted like string. Hard to chew and tasteless. But the servers were very attentive and quickly switched my entrée for something else.Special Features:
- Great for brunchJlc1950Dined on 7/9/2013We had 9 people in our party for brunch and return two days later for breakfast. The group meal went well, the food was very tasty and the prices were typical of New York, brunch and regular breakfast was the same, a la carte. The service on the other hand was slowww. We asked for a mimosa, toast bread, extra syrup and it all came after the meals were finished. The waiter walked by a few times but never asked if we needed anything. We went back a second time since the food that we did get was good, but the service was even slower. Will not go back again. Not recommended.Special Features:
- Very good breakfast spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2013Fabulous range of usual breakfast faces in a light, airy and spacious setting. Very good for business breakfast...yet child friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placechasingfoodDined on 7/7/2013Food is above the average and the ambiance is even more than awesome. Love their services too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat Night July 6thKistyNYCVIPDined on 7/6/2013Crab meat & avocado starter with home made potato chips and the halibut special were both extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere and foodvicario837Dined on 7/4/2013I have heard about Sarabeth's food from a few friends, so I am happy about this new location, which is very close to where I work. I went on my own for breakfast and was sitting at the bar. The bartender was very polite and during the whole meal asked me if I needed anything. Food was delightful. I especially liked the atmosphere where people were casually talking and feeling relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointinganville3VIPDined on 7/4/2013I ordered the salmon benedict and received what I can confidently call was the worst breakfast I've had in months; the eggs were poorly cooked, the English muffin was dry and crumbly, there was NO Hollandaise sauce, and the salmon was mediocre at best. The side salad (which I didn't want or know what coming) was soaked in dressing that was terrible. The waiter cleared my plate while my girlfriend was still eating - very rude and inappropriate. Food was awful, service does not know how to treat guests, and the room was cold.
- Best Sarabeth'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/30/2013I love this location. It's bright an open and tables are not crowded together. The food was good and the service was excellent. Would definitely go back for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Cobb Salad and TomatoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2013Seafood Cobb Salad and Tomato Bisque & Adult grilled chesseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Brunchpantses211VIPDined on 6/22/2013This is a great spot for brunch, especially with a large group as it is a huge space and can certainly accomodate large parties. My friend and I had a delicious meal. The service was good, though not super fast or attentive, it was solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2013Love coming here. I sway all my business partners and potentials to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/18/2013Had a wonderful experience, not only because the food was very good, but the manager on duty was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceJoshDined on 6/17/2013Place was not busy. But service was bad. Apps were good. Salads bad.
- Service issueOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2013I have now eaten at Sarabeths Park Avenue a couple of times for lunch. The waitstaff needs to provide quicker service especially at that time of the day.
- Service failingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/17/2013I have been to Sarabeth's several times since it's opening, yet yesterday the service was terrible. It took forever for our waiter to take our order and once the food came (after quite some time) we never saw our waiter again. Had to flag someone down to get the check. I was dining with a client and this did not look good.
- Not a Scene for DinnerDivaDivaDivaDined on 6/14/2013Depends what you are looking for. On a Friday night, it was nearly deserted. We were with a big group after a long day, so we enjoyed the serenity. Food was as good as it gets for moderately priced NYC dining. The space is large, clean and chic.Special Features:
- Appetizers were very goodstickwithdrinksDined on 6/8/2013Appetizers were very good but the entrées were mediocre at best. The snapper was poorly prepared and the clams it was served with had cracked shells and were inedible. Would go back to the bar but skip dinner.
- I love coming here for brunch.JessDined on 6/8/2013I love coming here for brunch. The food is great and they're quick to serve. This place is perfect for families!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need reeducation about service!!visit130608Dined on 6/8/2013When I decide to go to NYC, I booked this place right away and so excited to have a great breakfast with my family. Place was really new and cool. Foods were fantastic!! But our table was really noisy/messy window side (there is constructing outside) even they have a lots of space with beautiful view. Also when we start to eating,The employee of Sarabeth's began cleaning with the mop next to our table!! I can't believe it their service and attitude. If you don't care thats kind of rough service, you may enjoy there.Special Features:
- Liked my food, the drinksskillznycDined on 6/8/2013Liked my food, the drinks were good but what I would like to see is a better price point. For the cost, I would have expected a little more in the French Toast I got..Special Features:
- How to survive a rainy Friday.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2013Truly excellent service - the tortellini w/rabe was a bit too al dente and didn't seem homemade - had to ask for extra sauce - served sort've lukewarm. I will definitely return as I love Sarabeth's brunches and it was nice to be in a quiet, spacious space and it's close to home and good for a single dining experience too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge space. Food terrific.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/5/2013Huge space. Food terrific. Service was slow but I think this is because the restaurant is new.Special Features:
- Skip the dinnerJimmyDined on 6/4/2013Slow service, decent entres, but the best indicator of quality at low-end fine dining is sometimes the bread: Stale!
- Go for brunch; skip dinnerSarahVIPDined on 6/2/2013Sarabeth's is known for brunch, so I thought that dinner may be just as good.... Sadly no. The restaurant was empty for dinner on Sunday night. The food was fine, but not notable. The appetizers were the stand out -- the crab guacamole and pretzel bread were really good. Our entrees were just okay - the seafood pasta as something I could have made at home. The short rib putennexca was disappointing. The short rib was really dry (which is a crime for short rib). The service was fair at best. I'll go back to Sarabeth's, but only for brunch.Special Features:
- This place was almost completelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2013This place was almost completely empty when we were there for dinner-- clearly their business is focused on their brunch. The food was pretty good but nothing to write home about. Our server was very nice and quite helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Manhattan BrunchJME123Dined on 5/28/2013We read that this place was famed for brunch, it didn't let us down. Amazing eggs benedict and omelette, beautiful preserves and breads. The decor was also lovely, classic and smart but not at all stuffy. Well done Sarabeth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service too slow14PurpetalVIPDined on 5/22/2013Too forever to take our order and get food, obviously they need more staff. Better during off peak times.Special Features:
- Great service, nice lunchFineDinerVIPDined on 5/20/2013A perfect lunch for two. We were initially seated in the middle of the restaurant, which was quite noisy. We asked to move and were given a booth along the wall which was perfect. Our waitress couldn't have been nicer. Food was quite good, and the prix fixe lunch is a bargain. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waitress was sweet butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2013The waitress was sweet but she didn't talk loud enough and no one at the table could hear her. The apps were great but the main courses weren't.
- Modern atmosphere with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013My first visit revealed to me a restaurant that cares as much about their food as the ambiance. The menu reflected creative twists to traditional items as well as innovative dishes. Presentation of the food was excellent. The modern decor managed to be warm and welcoming. The wait staff was attentive to detail and returned to the table several times during busy lunch service to ensure all of our needs were met. I have added Sarabeth's to my list of favorites and will definitely recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:
- Superb ExperienceHotwheels4funDined on 5/14/2013The brunch experience was excellent & a memorable one. I really appreciate the staff's attentiveness to my needs as a patron using a power wheelchair and the entrance with both set of doors open, was easily accessible. The setting had an elegant simplicity about it without being ostentatious. Staff was very friendly and the banter highly enjoyable!Special Features:
- Great food/service/ambienceGGoodDined on 5/12/2013Sarabeth's Park Avenue South did not disappoint. The environment is bright and modern, the service/waitstaff were very nice and attentive, and the food was great. The menu is perfect for an afternoon brunch on the weekend too because they serve breakfast options in the early afternoon. Highly recommend this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good new restaurant.ResreviewDined on 5/10/2013We had a light meal--shared pizza and a salad and both dishes were outstanding. Atmosphere was very pleasant but most importantly, the noise level was quiet (maybe because it was early) but the tables are spaced appropriately apart. I am becoming so displeased with the level of NOISE in many restaurants these days. I try to avoid noisy restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place in New York0909Dined on 5/10/2013I really loved the food, service, and nice environment. This place was he best place in my last trip in New York.Special Features:
- Loving careLauraRVIPDined on 5/8/2013This incarnation of Sarabeth's has moved away from the comfy-cozy-desserty formula and is a bit sleeker and more sophisticated in both food and ambiance, making it an oasis in a neighborhood of steakhouses and pubs. But the subject of my sermon is Karolyne, the world's best waitress. After three visits, we are family. Clearly, the staff here (or at least Karolyne) is well-trained, well-treated, and confident enough to give truly good service. That's what brings me back to a place. New summer menu has some gems as well, including short-rib putanesca and some new fish preparations. One final note: "Flight of Ice Cream Sandwiches." *swoon*Special Features:
- Sarabeth's Park Avenue South DinnerChuckVIPDined on 5/6/2013I have always loved Sarabeth's for brunch or lunch, and I was eager to visit their newest location on Park Avenue South and 27th Street. I found it particularly unimpressive for dinner. Our server was extremely nice, but hadn't been working there long and wasn't quite familiar with all of the food. The food was overhwelmingly average and surprisingly heavy -- a real departure from the light lunch fare i have always enjoyed. Desert was the best part of the meal. I would recommend Sarabeth's for breakfast lunch or brunch, or also afternoon tea which is a really nice old-school tradition that they do exceptionally well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food (both tasteNicoleSVIPDined on 4/30/2013Excellent food (both taste and presentation), excellent ambiance and excellent service. I love this place and I couldn't be happier that it recently popped up in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Needs better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2013Food was delicious, but server forgot our drinks, food took MUCH LONGER than usual, and he messed up our order. Will go back, but hoping we have better service next time. No excuses for just poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.