Sarabeth's Park Avenue South
381 Park Ave South
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sarabeth's Park Avenue South
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sarabethsrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2123350093x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Late Lunch/Tea: 4:00-5:00PM;
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Bar: Open until 11PM. Thursday, Friday, Saturday until Midnight;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Freda Sugarman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Event spaces for 20 to 100 guests with A/V equipment.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Cartiglia 2123350093
A word from Sarabeth's Park Avenue South
We serve Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Dinner and Brunch in this great space, between the hours of 8AM and 11PM, daily. With a full bar, private rooms and A/V facilities, this is a perfect location for your next breakfast meeting or private dinner event.Continued
We also have live jazz music every Wednesday evening and offer happy hour daily from 4pm to 7pm.
Join us for Restaurant Week 2014!
We also have live jazz music every Wednesday evening and offer happy hour daily from 4pm to 7pm.
Join us for Restaurant Week 2014!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Sarabeth's Park Avenue South - Best Restaurants in Gramercy / Flatiron ›
Sarabeth's Park Avenue South reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (159)great for lunch (90)good for groups (73)kid-friendly (52)fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (44)special occasion (30)hot spot (16)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Sarabeth's Park Ave SouthMmeDuBoisDined on 5/28/2014Gigantic sports' bar transformed to attractive space with quality finishes. Mid-week, 7:30 pm pleasant, few patrons. Note: noisy when busy (brunch). Food tasty, well-prepared, no surprises on straight-forward menu. Steak frites probably best value item at $25. Kitchen ignored waitress's very clear request for sauces on the side for one entree. Plate served by clueless busboy, replacement (with eye-roll and a huff) took too long - my entree stone cold by then. Prices: $21 mac & cheese is wearing me out, but $12 for the 2 1/2 ounces of wine? The splash in the glass same at other tables. This practice must be protested. Skip comp muffins at door; serve a glass of wine! Overall, adequate and predictably a tad pricey.Special Features:
- disappointedVIPDined on 5/27/2014my friend and I came at the end of the lunch hour rush so people were basically leaving. Food was fine but EACH simple request had to be made twice since the waiters disappeared and we'd flag down whoever passed us by. We had to flag someone down to take our order. We had to ask for water refill twice. We had to ask for coffee twice. We had to ask for our check twice. And interestingly, we realized there was no dedicated waiter to our table -- a different waiter for everything.Special Features:
- BeeLevDined on 5/27/2014Had been to the Upper West Side location and loved it, but needed to meet people and the Park Ave South location was good for all. A very different feel - UWS is very charming and low key, Park Ave S is, appropriately, more of a business lunch vibe - a huge space, very open, good light, sophisticated. The food was amazing (at both locations). Really, really good and consistent. Lemon and ricotta pancakes, omelets (egg whites), chicken and apple sausage, granola, eggs benedict - everything was great. Service was perfectly good at UWS, but notably excellent at Park Ave South.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spacious, Delicious FoodsuznycDined on 5/26/2014This Sarabeth's is far larger than other locations. Their food is absolutely delicious. Hands down, the best place in NY for brunch. Service is great, sometimes to the point of over zealousness. Best to go around 2 or 3 in afternoon or for dinner. Brunch is delicious, but a mob scene, and it can be noisy. Very nice bar. Looks like it would be great for a party, as they have seperate room in the back that can be closed off from rest of restaurant.Special Features:
- Brunch is great, but service isn'tspfnycVIPDined on 5/26/2014Have been here for brunch/lunch multiple times and everything from the eggs, salads, drinks, have been great. But the service each time is rather bad...waiter/waitress takes too long to take an order, disappears during the meal and getting a check is next to impossible. If you're in a rush, this is not your place. If you have time to kill, the food (brunch) is worth the lacking service.Special Features:
- too big for their own goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/26/2014Nice people, but each server must have like 30 tables because you never see them and you end up waiting around for anything. It's a mess. Unorganized. . But the food is petty good.
- disappointingSilverlakeFoodieDined on 5/25/2014wow, what a surprise and disappointment this place was. totally lacking in charm and ambience, very cold atmosphere and bizarre service. what's more, they are now nickel and diming you to death. every little thing is charged for, and through the teeth. no bread/muffin basket when you sit down. that's now on the menu for $14. amazing. i had a terrible brunch entree with overcooked eggs. the farmer's omelette now has practically no bacon in it. the whole thing was a downer. most definitely would not recommend.
- Pricy, but yummy.BrooklynmamaDined on 5/25/2014Sarabeth's has an elegant New York feel to it. Service is excellent and the food is presented beautifully. However, when the check comes there is always a bit of a shock. When I found out that my daughter's lemonade actually cost $5, I did a double take. It was good lemonade - but not $5 good. You are paying for the ambiance and presentation. That might be worth it to you... but it won't be an every week brunch experience for us. Our friends who were visiting from out-of-town were impressed, but very shocked by the prices as well.Special Features:
- Nice room, good locationAlonVIPDined on 5/23/2014We had dinner on Saturday night and the restaurant was surprisingly almost empty, which is a shame. The food was good and the service great.Special Features:
- Lovely place for brunchNakedEyesVIPDined on 5/23/2014I would have given this place a 5 stars; however the tiny round table for 2 didn't do it for us & my husband waiting for the creamer for his tea is what I call bad service, especially when it was not a busy time for the restaurant. My husband had the vegetable omelette which was perfect. I had the garden salad as a starter & diver scallops with mash, they were both great plates. The food at sarabeth's (any location) always seen to be just right, but there is always something that keep them away from a 5 star. This visit was the small table & waiting for the creamer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmospheregramercygourmetDined on 5/22/2014There are so few restaurants where you can dine quietly in lovely surroundings with a few good friends and feel like you have your own personal waiter, and Sarabeth's is one of them. The other night, I had a perfectly cooked crispy roast chicken, a superb cheese plate and had great service which can be rare in New York's busy, noisy restaurant scene. Although I wasn't crazy about everything on my plate, for example, I thought the gnudi could be better, I would still recommend this restaurant to friends & I intend to return.Special Features:
- Great food, ok serviceFrancescaVIPDined on 5/22/2014We didn't get the drinks we ordered, but the staff was very friendly and professional.Special Features:
- WeakHungryGalVIPDined on 5/21/2014Horrible service (inept, forgetful waiter), utterly mediocre food. Nice look/feel to the place but that was its best quality. Dinner was an error; this place should be reserved for brunch only.Special Features:
- Unsatisfied with foodabcdDined on 5/19/2014I have ate at Sarabeth's many times because it is right below my office. I have been unhappy with the food about 3 out of 4 times.
- Terrific lunchFoodieDined on 5/19/2014I met my elderly mother here for lunch. We had a great lunch here; the food, as well as the service were terrific! The server even took my mother's walker from her and brought it back at the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad servicenyc2013VIPDined on 5/18/2014I went for brunch and had a reservation, which I highly recommend. Once seated we waited at least 5 minutes for someone to come to our table. We ordered immediately. Then 40 minutes went by, no food and not once did anyone approach our table to check on us, refill water or my coffee. We were also right next to the server stattion. When a manager came by to ask how we were doing I told her that we had been waiting 45 minutes for our food. She asked what she could do when she should have offered what she could do. As a customer what are you going to ask for? Despite the service the food was good.Special Features:
- Good NYC brunch placeZak7VIPDined on 5/18/2014Food was fairly good, incredible jams, I found the scone a bit dry. Overall, nice place for brunch in NYCSpecial Features:
- Great place, food, service!HappytrvlrDined on 5/18/2014We have dined at the Central Park South and this location. Service food and atmosphere was fantastic at each. Try the Bloody Mary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Posh and YummyhmstaylorDined on 5/18/2014Food was great. Very beautiful place good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Breakfast 5/18/14RobertMDined on 5/18/2014Great Sunday breakfast with family. Good food and ambiance - everything we expect at Sarabeths. Our favorite location is UWS but this was equally enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined al frescoRobinDined on 5/17/2014Since this was our first time here and we ate outside, we can't comment on the ambiance indoors, but the street was fairly quiet, the waiter was attentive and the food was FANTASTIC. We will definitely recommend this to our friends and we'll be back. We started with the lump crab and guacamole appetizer, which was attractive and delicious. I had the farm roasted chicken with roasted carrots, artichokes and onions. The portions on the meat was much more than I could eat, so I was sorry we were traveling or I would have taken the rest home. Juiciest chicken I have ever eaten. The vegetables were roasted perfectly with just enough balsamic sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, needs better chairs !foodloverukDined on 5/17/2014The food lives up to it's reputation. It's tasty and the portion sizes are more than ample. I would definitely recommend Sara Beth's to people - however, take a jacket and scarf and also a cushion. The air-conditioning is on "arctic" and the chairs are so hard and so uncomfortable. Some seat cushions really would make the experience just that little bit betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad over priced for good foodlove2dineDined on 5/13/2014The wine and cocktails we had were great, and well priced! Dinner is a bit on the pricey side. Bar snacks and cocktails are probably the way to go here. That said, food is still pretty good.Special Features:
- Always deliciousnatabatDined on 5/11/2014The Sarabeth's staff at this location is always cheery, polite and quick to help. The tomato soup is definitely the item to order (even if you don't think you like tomato soup)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BreakfaststeveDined on 5/11/2014The food was good but not great. the service we received was absolutely horrible. We had a reservation and we were in the restaurant early it wasn't overly busy. There were a lot of open tables. Our waitress took our order but did not refill our coffee nor check in on us. We even had to flag her down to bring us the check and even that seemed to be a bother.
- luv2eatoutVIPDined on 5/9/2014Great place for lunch! Amazing hamburgers, french fries, salads, & more! Staff is very nice - they do not rush you at all. Awesome Bloody Marys!! Def will be back!!Special Features:
- Not for meMichaelVIPDined on 5/9/2014An expensive coffee shop with poor service. Never again.
- No reservation???OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Although I have received a reservation confirmation from OpenTable, I was told that there was no reservation in my name. Luckly the place wasn't busy and they could find a table right away.Special Features:
- Another good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/7/2014Been there many times and I am always happy. The burger was delicious, the skirt steak was done to perfection and the sides were perfect. Saved some space for ice cream sandwiches dessert which was delicious but too big! Service was friendly and knowledgable. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- anonymousDined on 5/3/2014Food is great, restaurant itself is spacious and beautiful, but not as cozy and relaxed as other locations.Special Features:
- always reliableCSRNYCVIPDined on 5/2/2014The new spring menu is great. I had the salmon and the fried green tomatoes. My companion had the scallops.Special Features:
- Good not great and its overpricedSsa1234VIPDined on 4/27/2014Also they need to work on their service. Coffee poured but had to remind waiter to bring milk 3 times. Brunch items took a while to come out even though the restaurant wasnt busy. Items listed on the menu in an entree came without some of the listed ingredients.Special Features:
- Brunch-tastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/27/2014We were immediately greeted with a happy birthday wish for my friend as mentioned in OpenTable reservation. Started with Four Flowers juice and the chunky Crab Meat Guacomole & chips- addictive. Shared toasted coconut waffles with fresh mango- just melted. Braised short rib hash- more bite-sized chunks- with 2 baked sunny side up eggs- had a good kick from the salsa. My friend enjoyed the lobster roll which happily barely had any mayo allowing the flavor of the lobster to stand out. Not very big but filled with meaty chunks. Sarabeth's added a candle to bday Raspberry Bread Pudding- rich, custardy; raspberry coulis cut sweetness. Overall, everything was excellent! Only semi-CON- service understandably sparse towards dinner prep time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sometimes less is moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014As this formerly wonderful institution has replicated, the recipes seem to be a shadow of their formerly wonderful selves. The clone is never as goods the original, and the sequel never as exciting as the original. No personality in food or environment here. Keep going to the Upper West Side venue.
- Always Busy, but Always GoodSarahElizabethDined on 4/26/2014I do love this restaurants and keep coming back. Their standards are great across their varying locations and it's always clean. We did wind up having to wait about 30 minutes to be seated even though we had a reservation, 15 minutes of those were due to one of our party being late, the other 15 because we couldn't get the attention of the hostess and then had to wait to be seated.Special Features:
- WawoVIPDined on 4/26/2014The food was simply wonderful & also our waiter was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delish!AuntiePDined on 4/26/2014Great brunch selection, great service, good coffee...fun!Special Features:
- Great place for brunch/lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Went to Sarabeth's for birthday celebration. Very nice, attentive staff, great food. Have been there a few times. Always recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchchangesinlatitudesDined on 4/20/2014I tried Sarabeth's after checking multiple reviews across three websites and was not disappointed. They are known for brunch and that it was we had. Be sure to start with the muffin basket, and then go for one of the numerous egg dishes. It's all fresh and creative, good coffee and brunch cocktails as well. There are multiple locations in NYC, and each has a different feel but same menu. This was the Park Avenue South location. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could use some worklmnopVIPDined on 4/20/2014Wasn't as pleasant as I had remembered from my first experience. They sat my group of 6 adults at a cramped table for 5. They were huffy when we asked for a more suitable table. They forgot multiple things for multiple peoples orders (even after asking more than once). Coffee needs multitudes of improvement. Wished it would have been more enjoyable, as I had built it up to the rest of my party.